Boca's Best Auto Repair

Neia F. on 10/17/2017
Neia said that the person who towed her vehicle to this business told them there was a problem with the alternator. They charged her almost $700for an alternator without checking anything else to make sure that was the problem. The oil light is now on.
Vehicle: Nissan Murano
Category: Service
Service Date: 10/10/2017
Review Created: 10/17/2017
Joe M. at Boca's Best Auto Repair responded on 10/20/2017

Neia your car was towed us because it died while driving and the battery light came on. Our tech tested your charging system and found your alternator not charging. All Alternator jobs are different, We have done some for a couple hundred dollars and we have done some that are well over 1,0000. Because yours was on the higher end we advised you that we would recharge your battery and then retest it. Maybe we could save you some money and we did. Battery tested good after a 3 hr charge.

We always look over the cars before they leave, check all the fluid, air in tires etc. the basics. We don't like to go looking for problems (fishing) on our customers cars unless the ask us to check everything over. I know my mother and grandmother hated going to a shop with one issue or sometimes for just simple maintenance and the shop would tell her she needs all this work done and most of it was not required or related to what she was there for. Now with that being said if we see or hear something that doesn't look or sound right we will call you and tell you we need to a closer look at it.

If your oil light came on after you left please feel free to bring it back, we will look at it for you.

Zachary C. on 07/17/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"They scammed my mother"
This place scammed my elderly mother. My mother contacted AAA to tow a car to a shop for repair. When the tow company arrived (interstate towing) they driver pressured her to take it to a different auto shop, Boca's Best Auto. Later I figured out that both companies, interstate towing and Boca's best auto are owned by the same guy. She asked them to diagnose the car and tell her what it'll take to get it running. They diagnosed it and she paid almost $2,000. Now here we are two months later and the car still doesn't work. We gave them the benefit of the doubt, brought it back almost 10 times to try to fix it but they can't so now they say "too bad" and my mother is out all that money. They refused to refund her even though the car still doesn't work. What a shame that they can take advantage of a senior citizen like that. If they weren't confident they could fix the car, they shouldn't have taken her money. If you want to get taken advantage of then this is the place to go.
Service Date: 05/10/2017
Review Created: 07/17/2017 10:50 AM
Joe M. at Boca's Best Auto Repair responded on 07/17/2017

Zach we have thousands of customers that will disagree with you. But Lets get the facts straight, before you try to bash us online for something we have no control over and told you and your mother that from the beginning.

Fact #1 the car is a 1997 VW Jetta that sat for almost a year, you had oil mixing with your coolant, we could plainly see the trans cooler and engine cooler rusted and knew they were causing the issue. after we replaced the coolers we had a hard time starting the car. That when we starting checking for spark, crank signal etc. We came across a "nest of some sort" we told you at some point you had a rat or possum living under the cowl. This was not visible. We remove the cowl to test the power/signal to and from the computer, that's when we saw the straw, twigs, fur and droppings. Then when we saw wires damaged/eaten. Again I called Barbara and told her that we had a mess on our hands. she asked if it could be fixed and I told her, we could repair the wires that we could see but didn't know how far the damage went or how many more wires were damaged/eaten. Then I proceeded to tell her this could be an on going issue.

We repaired the damaged wires and the car started. We test drove the car and everything seemed ok. Since then the car came back 4 times not 10, and all 4 times I fixed more wires for you/her at no charge, The last two times I spoke to her I advised her to trade/sell the car because it is going to continue to be a problem. I told you the car needs a fuse box but I know your mother doesn't want to spend any more money on it. That why I have been fixing at no cost to her...that does not sound like taking advantage of the elderly as you put it?

ANTHONY G. on 06/01/2017
"The my problem was incorrectly diagnoised and was restructed at my expense, a very poor experience "
The rating is a 0 I can not accept this kind of trament
Vehicle: Lexus RX 300
Service Date: 05/30/2017
Review Created: 06/01/2017 03:02 PM
Joe M. at Boca's Best Auto Repair responded on 06/02/2017

Tony your driver side rear window was stuck down we told you that it was either the regulator or the window motor. you declined the repair (i don't really want to put any money into the car) was your exact words. "Just get the window up as cheap as possible" So we just put the window up. I told you personally to put something over the window button so no one uses it and accidently puts it down again. You told me "only the dog goes back there". i said OK....The next day you came back and said "i did something stupid and hit the button" and you want to fix it now i said OK the regulators are the most common issue, I will order one from the dealer. We took your door apart a second time but this time instead of just getting the window up we removed the motor and regulator and found out it was the motor not the regulator that had failed. I called you gave you to options to replace the motor or now that we have it out we can put it back in but keep it unplugged so that no one could hit it by accident again. You choose to just keep it unplugged which i agreed with you (motor is $400+ dollars). we put it all back together for you. I am not sure why you think we miss diagnoised anything and i am even more shocked that you would think that we would redo the work when you hit the button.

WESLEY N. on 03/16/2017
"Biggest Racket in Boca"
I gave them one star because the website wouldn't allow me to give 0 star. Boca's "best" had my car for 3 weeks, took it apart, couldn't find what was wrong, charged me $97 for "diagnostics" (even though they couldn't figure out the problem) and returned the car in pieces. Turns out the mystery problem was simply a faulty ingnition switch. Use them at your own risk. For me, never again.
Vehicle: Toyota Avalon
Service Date: 03/15/2017
Review Created: 03/16/2017 12:55 PM
PARITA G. on 08/12/2016
"Not happy"
Fixed my car , I spend $500 changing radiator, thermostat and Nxt day my car started shaking, I called them , the technician didn't wanted to speak , told her what's happening and what could b the reason but didn't said anything just told to bring the car again.
I was expecting some sort of guess and how can this happened again jst next day morning . They should have checked my car properly
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 08/10/2016
Review Created: 08/12/2016 07:47 AM
Joe M. at Boca's Best Auto Repair responded on 08/12/2016

Partia, I am sorry to hear your car started shaking the next day. We had no issues when we test drove it. There are so many things it could be. Is the shake in the engine or in suspension while your driving? That's why we asked you to bring it in to us. If its related to work we did, we will surely warranty it. We worked on the cooling system so I dont belive it is related but maybe a wire or something came loose.

JOSEPH P. on 06/17/2016
"Nice waiting room"
Got the car in worse condition they repaired what they had to but they destroyed other place which were ok, the car is shaking as if water is boiling it arrived to the garage without those new problem. They have to fix what they destroyed, cause this was done there!!!!!!!
Vehicle: Chrysler Concorde
Vehicle: Lincoln Town Car
Service Date: 03/18/2016
Review Created: 04/05/2016 07:23 AM
Joe M. at Boca's Best Auto Repair responded on 04/06/2016

Stanley, when you brought your car to me with the suspension issue, I advised you that in all our years of experience, the best thing to do was to convert the system from air to conventional springs. I also told you even though it is more expensive to do, in the long run, it would save you money by eliminating other potential air suspension issues such as compressor, air lines, valves ect. the bags would be new but everything else is still 19 years old and still at risk to fail. I would more then happy to see what is failing in the system, please feel free to bring us your car at your earliest convenience. I will help you out any way that I can

Joe