Chantilly Automotive

DANIEL G. on 06/11/2016
"Got oil change with coupon book I purchased and was supposed to be free and had to pay"
I've been taking all of my cars to Chantilly Automotive for years. Everytime I used the coupon book that I purchased, I would have certain fields marked off of it. I.e. Free oil change, free oil change with purchase of filter, free flat repair, free state inspection etc. Everytime I went I would give my coupon book and was gold to hold on to it until check out time. Yesterday after my oil change I give the coupon, I'm told "I'm sorry but our policy changed in October 2014 and we no longer accept this coupon due to the new owners". The same coupon I've been using for years. So I had to pay for the oil change. Then I was told that the new owners were going to make a new coupon book and honor the old one. Clear as mud.
I will never return.
Vehicle: Nissan Pathfinder
Service Date: 06/10/2016
Review Created: 06/11/2016 03:26 AM
Chris M., Manager at Chantilly Automotive responded on 06/13/2016

I apologize for the confusion with the coupon cards.  Customers do normally disclose coupon cards when they make appointments or upon arrival and we do ask that they hold them until we are done.  Glitches can sometimes happen when implementing changes and we apologize that this was not as transparent as we hoped.  We are phasing out the old cards and there are no plans to create a new one.  We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve customer service as we move forward.

Chris Maxey
Manager
703-471-0555

DANIEL G. on 06/11/2016
"Total scam, never coming back"
Took car for inspection, was given list of 5 plus things that had to be fixed (serpentine belt, needed new rotors because they were under spec, new inner and outer tie rods gave play, muffler, cv joint was flinging grease). I went and bought all the stuff to have them fixed and we find out that the rotors are the same size as new ones (thickness), tie rods were solid and didn't move, cv boot was fine and not flinging grease, muffler was fine, serpentine belt did need to be replaced in next year. I would have paid about $1000 for stuff that didn't need to be fixed. Additionally they told me all of this needed to be done to pass inspection. Not true, only the $20 belt needed to be replaced for inspection. The rest was fine.
I used to go to them for everything, now I would rather go an extra 10 miles away so that I won't get scammed.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 05/27/2016
Review Created: 06/11/2016 03:20 AM
Chris M., Manager at Chantilly Automotive responded on 06/13/2016

We are really sorry to hear that you left the shop feeling this way.  We don't want any of our customers to feel like we are recommending services that are not needed or warranted.  Ensuring the safety of our customers and those around them is important to us.  If there is ever any doubt we are always happy to bring customers into the shop and show them what we see and explain why we are making the recommendation.  Every shop has room for improvement and we value customer input.  If you would like to contact us and set up a time to go over the recommendations we would love the opportunity to do so.

Chris Maxey