Corvette Specialty

Overall Rating 1.57/5rating 1.57rating 1.57rating 1.57rating 1.57

jorge i p. on 10/23/2017
"Crooks. "
Took my car with a check engine light on, met Regis Dudley he was going to fix my check engine then i decided to upgrade my cam and kit all together. Got my car back a month later, paid him, they gave me 12mos or 12k mi. Warranty on the new parts they put. A few weeks later I called Regis and told him my car didn't feel right and would turn off when I got to a stop. He said I need to put a little more gas on the pedal because my car was "starving for air with the bigger cam" (his words) I said ok I guess I'll try that. But to me something wasnt right. It's not my every day car because I have kids so it was parked alot but when I drove it again it didn't feel right so I called Regis and told him I was still having that problem and I asked if I can take my car so he can take a look at it.Took my car with a check engine light on, met Regis Dudley he was going to fix my check engine then i decided to upgrade my cam and kit all together. Got my car back a month later, paid him, they gave me 12mos or 12k mi. Warranty on the new parts they put. A few weeks later I called Regis and told him my car didn't feel right and would turn off when I got to a stop. He said I need to put a little more gas on the pedal because my car was "starving for air with the bigger cam" (his words) I said ok I guess I'll try that. But to me something wasnt right. It's not my every day car because I have kids so it was parked alot but when I drove it again it didn't feel right so I called Regis and told him I was still having that problem and I asked if I can take my car so he can take a look at it. I took it to him and he ran the scanner but since there was no check engine light he said my car was fine after plugging the scanner. I still wasnt happy but couldn't argue because he was the professional so left with my car with nothing done. Then one day going home from work on the freeway doing about 50MPH in the slow lane my car starting making noise and all my lights came on, I heard ticking noises, I started going to the shoulder and pressed on the gas but my car didn't respond I'm glad I was on the slow lane. Towed my car home and parked it there since I had my other car and would worry about it another day plus the holidays were around the corner and work was busy. So when I finally decided to get it checked out I towed it to a repair shop close to home to get it diagnosed as to what went wrong. I didn't go to corvette specialty because it is far from my home to have it towed and I didn't know what went wrong with my car and I wasn't blaming them so first I wanted a diagnostic done. Once they took off the valve cover they discovered the spring had broke and dropped the valve down. I didn't know what that meant then as I'm not A mechanic. They asked if someone recently worked on my car and that I should contact them (corvette specialty) about the warranty. I called Regis and told him the situation he said he would call me back once he verifies the warranty with comp cams but wasn't sure if they cover the labor. He called me back and said it was under warranty. I towed my car to him the next morning and I went to work once I got to work he called me and said there was no warranty because another shop had took the top off and worked on the car and that voids the warranty. Regis argued with me telling me there's no warranty and he can give me an estimate on a new engine if that's what I wanted. I left work and headed to Corv.Spec. and called him on the way he stood by his decision on no warranty and I told him I'm picking up my car then and I would call BAR. He said do whatever you want and hung up on me. I got there with tow truck and he didn't want to give me my keys unless I sign a paper they had just printed out I read the form and it stated I refused them to do any work and I was aware of there being no warranty on my car so I didn't sign and he still didn't want to give me my keys so I told the tow truck driver to hook my car anyways cus its mine and I'm taking it. Regis finally came out put the keys on my car and walked back in without saying anything. After two representatives from BAR inspected my car and invoice they concluded Corvette specialty installed incompatible parts and cause it to malfunction. BAR tried settling something with them but they refused to work with us so he advised me to take it to court. With a report from BAR I took them to court in finally after they asked for an extension and told the judge the situation, when Michael Bensaid one of the owners from corvette specialty stated his reason he completely came with a different story. He claimed I abuse my car and I took my car to him to upgrade because I like to race my car and that my car had slicks on the rear tires when I took it to them and that after they fixed my car I called them and was very thankfull for my car and that I "was winning all kinds of races" because of the work they did to it. That was a complete made up lie he might of used before because it was well planned and said with confidence. At the end judge asked if the warranty was written on my invoice and wanted a copy and would send his decision in the mail. I got the judgement a couple days later making me the creditor and corvette owed me money which they have avoided to pay. Now in late October2017 I still haven't received any money. I have called and they say he's in a meeting or busy right now and no call back from Michael so I showed up to his business asking why hasn't he payed me and he tried fighting me telling me to "get the F*** outta there or he was going to hit me" I told him I don't want to fight I just need my money to fix my car.
Service Date: 03/18/2016
Review Created: 10/23/2017 03:11 PM
jorge i p. on 10/23/2017
"Crooks. "
Service Date: 03/18/2016
Review Created: 10/23/2017 02:07 PM
Chris H. on 09/27/2017
"Shady and unreliable"
Tried ordering a part. Was never told it was discontinued. Called two weeks after paying for item and told it was on backorder and that i would have it in 9 days. Called 10 days later and was told I would get a call back when they found out what was going on. No call back. Called again and was told it was discontinued and it was "no mas". Was then told that he could sell me a used one for $160. Absolutely ridiculous. Was then told i shouldn't put them on my list because he is "one of only 3 people that can rebuild a BCM" and I may need them if mine goes out. Asked where i could get a part and he said "try Craigslist or eBay" steer clear everyone!
Service Date: 09/27/2017
Review Created: 09/27/2017 03:54 PM
Dil P. on 01/18/2017
"Great service"
I really enjoyed the service. They did everything I asked for them to do. I would go there again.
Service Date: 12/13/2016
Review Created: 01/18/2017 02:31 PM
Dennis M. on 10/02/2011
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Defective automotive repair service"
`Beware, I had my air conditioning repaired by Corvette Specialty on my C4. They stripped one of the mounting bolts for the compressor. The bolt came lose on the I 10 between Riverside and Phoenix. It went through my aftermarket premium AL radiator. I had to have my car towed from Indio to Phoenix. In Phoenix I had my car repaired. They had to install a helicoil in Al cylinder head and re-install the bolt. Luckily I was able to get my radiator weld repaired. This was about a $2000.00 job becasue a mecanic at Corvette Specialty either does not know how to torque a bolt or used a fast and dirty air tool on it. We also had a problem with the battery going dead. Corvette Specialtiy said the battery drain would be very hard and very expensive to fix. With a little work with a volt meter I found that the glove box switch was stuck on. I repaired the switch and the problem went away. I did this my self and I would hate to discover what Corvette Specialty would have charge or even if they would have been able to find it. They stripped one of the mounting bolts for the compressor. The bolt came lose on the I 10 between Riverside and Phoenix. It went through my aftermarket premium AL radiator. I had to have my car towed from Indio to Phoenix. In Phoenix I had my car repaired. They had to install a helicoil in Al cylinder head and re-install the bolt. Luckily I was able to get my radiator weld repaired. This was about a $2000.00 job becasue a mecanic at Corvette Specialty either does not know how to torque a bolt or used a fast and dirty air tool on it. We also had a problem with the battery going dead. Corvette Specialtiy said the battery drain would be very hard and very expensive to fix. With a little work with a volt meter I found that the glove box switch was stuck on. I repaired the switch and the problem went away. I did this my self and I would hate to discover what Corvette Specialty would have charge or even if they would have been able to find it. Now that I have gotten the car away from them it has been running fine for over three years. If you have any respect for your Corvette and your wallet keep your car out of their shop. My husband had a much worse experience with them on his C4. Eve Millett 623-399-8529 When my wife wrote this she did not included that she had to have the car towed from Indio to the Az border and then another tow truck form the border to Phoenix. because the AC bolt went through the AL radiator. Corvette Specialty also installed a high pressure fuel pump on my wife's 84 Crossfire C4 that has a low pressure fuel injection system. The high pressure fuel pump that they installed caused the fuel injection to malfunction and again I had to have the car towed and the fuel pump replaced with a proper low pressure pump. If these guys can't even replace a fuel pump you can imagine what else they are capable off. When I told Micheal about the high pressure fuel pump he showed me a down load from the web where some guy put a high pressure fuel pump on a Crossfire Corvette. Do you want a company that goes to the web to find out how to fix your car? Dennis Millett
Service Date: 06/12/2006
Review Created: 10/02/2011 05:07 PM
Dennis M. on 09/27/2011
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Corvette Specialty Does Bad Mechanical Work"
Very Bad Shop. If you have any engine work to be performed do not take your car here. These guys may know how to paint but do not do good mechanical work. I took my Corvette there to have a 383 engine installed, a Richmond six speed installed, a new radio and have it painted. They my know how to paint but not much more. Even the paint job was scrached bad when they delivered the car to me.When they installed my new 383 engine they left out the transmission pilot bushing. With no pilot bushing they wrecked my high performance AL fly wheel, my Centerforce clutch and my $3500. Richmond Transsmission. They also said they could not tune my car because I installed a full race cam. I installed the cam that Crain recomened with a resonably mild idle for fuel injected engines. (no full race cam, that was just an excuse because they don't know how adjust valves) When I took the car to a shop that knew what they were doing (AZ TPI). AZ TPI found that the crank bushing was left out and that I had to buy a new flywheel, my transmission had to be rebuilt (it is still not right) and one of the push rods was out of position (not activating a valve) and that was why CorvetteSpecialties could not tune my care. They eventually gave me $5000.00 for the mess they created. The $5000 was based on the bill from AZ TPI for the missing crank bushing, transmission rebuild, valve adjusted properly, chip dynomometer tuning after the valves were adjusted and paint repair after the rear fender was scratched at Corvette specialty. I accepted the $5000 repayment before I fully understood the full extent of the damage they did to my car. This is their admission that their work was defective. They told me that they fired the mechanic. My new radio does not work, my air conditioning does not work one and my winshield wipers will not work and my transmission leaks and vibrates. I have photos, videos and reciepts for everything I have said. Be sure that you keep track of any parts you take to them, new or used, as they did not return may of them. They denied they ever had them or how the parts got Lost . I give my word that every thing I have stated is true. Call me if you want more details or conformation. You can also call Jeff at AZ TPI he saw and inspected the car when it was towed from Michael Bensaid's shop directly to AZ TPI Arizona. He also talked with Bensaid about what he found on my car. I am writting this because I love Corvettes and would not want what happened to me to happen to you. Please do not take your Corvette there. They deserve this review because they did a very bad job on my car and I paid them $45K, I would never had got my self in this situation with them if I had read a review like this. I now live in Arizona and can not drive my car in the summer because the air conditioning does not work because the wiring is not right. Corvette Specialty had my car for 5 years and I paid them over $45000 for the work they did .
Service Date: 03/01/2008
Review Created: 09/27/2011 01:59 PM
JOHN W. on 08/28/2011
"John Webb review"
It is my opinion that Corvette Specialty is 100% a rip off location. I have spent several thousands of dollars and each time I have been there my car has come out in worse condition then when it went in. They have held my car on one occasion in excess of 8 months for repairs. The last time they have told me we charged you for the repairs but we can not guarantee the work wee did. I would warn anyone that reads this to stay away!
Service Date: 08/09/2011