Overall Rating 4.11/5Overall Rating 4.11/5Overall Rating 4.11/5Overall Rating 4.11/5rating 4.11

Latest Review about 1 month ago

Continue reading recommended reviews

TJ
Tony J.
New Braunfels, TX
09/04/2019
C1 Parts buyer
Originally I ordered parts online. After couple days I emailed because of no response. After no response I called and ask to speak to the manager or owner and was hung up on. I waited until the next day and called back to inquire about speaking to owner or supervisor and was refused several times. Finally got to speak to Mike the supervisor, he indicated he would have a meeting with his staff and the incident. A week later I called to talk to Mike and discuss order and delivery, and again parts guy refused to let me talk to Mike, that is only one knowledgeable about my special order.

EB
Ed B.
Spring Hill, FL
08/10/2019
Worst company ever.
I placed an order over a month ago. I called several times and they always say the items are going out that day. I finally asked for a refund 5 days ago. They said they couldn't because the items were sent. Then I get an email 5 days ago that they didn't send the items and they would issue a refund. They never sent the refund. I called three times yesterday and they tell me the man in charge will contact me. That never happened. I called today and guess what. They guy that handles that is gone for the day. I demand they call him to issue my refund. They put me on hold after I had to scream for them to call the guy. They come back and tell me they issued the refund yesterday. I know how paypal works. I should have the money back if they actually refunded my money. But it's not in my account

SL
S L.
Sun City, CA
07/25/2019
Very rude customer service
I tried to talk to someone about an issue with my Corvette. The person I talked to had an attitude, so I hung up and will go somewhere that appreciates customers and wants business.

PL
Patrick L.
Adel, OR
02/09/2019
Didn't receive parts or refund.
11/23/18 sent payment with Paypal 1045.09 for LCD Dash assembly, didn't receive dash. open dispute with Paypal . Seller Accepted to refund my Paypal account. 12/23/18 seller sent refund 1045.09 and canceled refund, I DIDN'T RECEIVE MY REFUND. DODN'T BUY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randall W.
Vancouver, WA
12/20/2018
Zero Customer Service Response
order placed 10/29 & 10/31 Never shipped but billed to credit card !! Called 11/12 to cancel because of long product delay, told will get credit. Many emails to company with zero response, and still no credit !!

Samuli S.
11/22/2018
Poor communication continues
This in answer message to Michael from Corvette specialty. You are telling that my shipment is shipped out two weeks ago?? I got the one and only real answer that could be considered as “communication” from your company on 6th November. This reply to public critic is the second one. Mike promised to send me the tracking details shortly. So if the goods are really shipped out 2 weeks ago, where are the promised tracking details ? Unbelievable behavior from a seller party.

Samuli S.
11/19/2018
International order and huge delay with bad communication
I made and payed my order 6th if oxtober 2018 from this company.I live in Finland and also payed international shipping costs all at once. I wrote an question to them 1 month after the purchase to ask what is the order status because I havent heard anything from them after the payment. I got reply from Mike 6th of November that two parts were missing or so and causing the delay but I would get tracking details soon. Since that I have sent emails to this Mike person and also sent inquiry through their website to ask situation and possibility to cancel those “missing” parts to get the order moving. And I’m still waiting answers to my question and moreover I’m soon getting afraid that I may not be receiving any parts at all...
Michael B. from Corvette Specialty responded on 11/21/2018

Your order shipped over 2 weeks ago, Please allow extra time for international transit time. Your orders had a lot of parts, some that we didnt have in stock and took a few days to get. We only ship complete orders to save you on postage cost with multiple shipement. All was communicated to you, plus it is listed on our website. Very sorry about the delay. You will receive your parts soon.

Dennis M.
Sun City, AZ
10/02/2011
Defective automotive repair service
`Beware, I had my air conditioning repaired by Corvette Specialty on my C4. They stripped one of the mounting bolts for the compressor. The bolt came lose on the I 10 between Riverside and Phoenix. It went through my aftermarket premium AL radiator. I had to have my car towed from Indio to Phoenix. In Phoenix I had my car repaired. They had to install a helicoil in Al cylinder head and re-install the bolt. Luckily I was able to get my radiator weld repaired. This was about a $2000.00 job becasue a mecanic at Corvette Specialty either does not know how to torque a bolt or used a fast and dirty air tool on it. We also had a problem with the battery going dead. Corvette Specialtiy said the battery drain would be very hard and very expensive to fix. With a little work with a volt meter I found that the glove box switch was stuck on. I repaired the switch and the problem went away. I did this my self and I would hate to discover what Corvette Specialty would have charge or even if they would have been able to find it. They stripped one of the mounting bolts for the compressor. The bolt came lose on the I 10 between Riverside and Phoenix. It went through my aftermarket premium AL radiator. I had to have my car towed from Indio to Phoenix. In Phoenix I had my car repaired. They had to install a helicoil in Al cylinder head and re-install the bolt. Luckily I was able to get my radiator weld repaired. This was about a $2000.00 job becasue a mecanic at Corvette Specialty either does not know how to torque a bolt or used a fast and dirty air tool on it. We also had a problem with the battery going dead. Corvette Specialtiy said the battery drain would be very hard and very expensive to fix. With a little work with a volt meter I found that the glove box switch was stuck on. I repaired the switch and the problem went away. I did this my self and I would hate to discover what Corvette Specialty would have charge or even if they would have been able to find it. Now that I have gotten the car away from them it has been running fine for over three years. If you have any respect for your Corvette and your wallet keep your car out of their shop. My husband had a much worse experience with them on his C4. Eve Millett 623-399-8529 When my wife wrote this she did not included that she had to have the car towed from Indio to the Az border and then another tow truck form the border to Phoenix. because the AC bolt went through the AL radiator. Corvette Specialty also installed a high pressure fuel pump on my wife's 84 Crossfire C4 that has a low pressure fuel injection system. The high pressure fuel pump that they installed caused the fuel injection to malfunction and again I had to have the car towed and the fuel pump replaced with a proper low pressure pump. If these guys can't even replace a fuel pump you can imagine what else they are capable off. When I told Micheal about the high pressure fuel pump he showed me a down load from the web where some guy put a high pressure fuel pump on a Crossfire Corvette. Do you want a company that goes to the web to find out how to fix your car? Dennis Millett

Dennis M.
Sun City, AZ
09/27/2011
Corvette Specialty Does Bad Mechanical Work
Very Bad Shop. If you have any engine work to be performed do not take your car here. These guys may know how to paint but do not do good mechanical work. I took my Corvette there to have a 383 engine installed, a Richmond six speed installed, a new radio and have it painted. They my know how to paint but not much more. Even the paint job was scrached bad when they delivered the car to me.When they installed my new 383 engine they left out the transmission pilot bushing. With no pilot bushing they wrecked my high performance AL fly wheel, my Centerforce clutch and my $3500. Richmond Transsmission. They also said they could not tune my car because I installed a full race cam. I installed the cam that Crain recomened with a resonably mild idle for fuel injected engines. (no full race cam, that was just an excuse because they don't know how adjust valves) When I took the car to a shop that knew what they were doing (AZ TPI). AZ TPI found that the crank bushing was left out and that I had to buy a new flywheel, my transmission had to be rebuilt (it is still not right) and one of the push rods was out of position (not activating a valve) and that was why CorvetteSpecialties could not tune my care. They eventually gave me $5000.00 for the mess they created. The $5000 was based on the bill from AZ TPI for the missing crank bushing, transmission rebuild, valve adjusted properly, chip dynomometer tuning after the valves were adjusted and paint repair after the rear fender was scratched at Corvette specialty. I accepted the $5000 repayment before I fully understood the full extent of the damage they did to my car. This is their admission that their work was defective. They told me that they fired the mechanic. My new radio does not work, my air conditioning does not work one and my winshield wipers will not work and my transmission leaks and vibrates. I have photos, videos and reciepts for everything I have said. Be sure that you keep track of any parts you take to them, new or used, as they did not return may of them. They denied they ever had them or how the parts got Lost . I give my word that every thing I have stated is true. Call me if you want more details or conformation. You can also call Jeff at AZ TPI he saw and inspected the car when it was towed from Michael Bensaid's shop directly to AZ TPI Arizona. He also talked with Bensaid about what he found on my car. I am writting this because I love Corvettes and would not want what happened to me to happen to you. Please do not take your Corvette there. They deserve this review because they did a very bad job on my car and I paid them $45K, I would never had got my self in this situation with them if I had read a review like this. I now live in Arizona and can not drive my car in the summer because the air conditioning does not work because the wiring is not right. Corvette Specialty had my car for 5 years and I paid them over $45000 for the work they did .