The vehicle came into out shop with the customer complaint that the a/c would not hold a charge and the freon would leak out after 2 days. We did not do any work on the a/c system prior to this visit. The system was charged and leak tested, the tech found that the a/c evaporator was leaking and would need to be replaced. After repairs the system worked great, customer pick up vehicle on Friday and the a/c quit cooling on Saturday. We rechecked the system and found the a/c compressor locked up, due to lack of lubrication from the system being low on freon numerous times. Even though we were not at fault for the issue we worked with the customer and did the repairs, parts and labor, at a reduced rate. This was just and unfortunate circumstance that was beyound anyones control.
Customer complaint was (check clunking noise when sifting). The technician working on the vehicle road tested the vehicle, raised it on the lift and inspected the drivetrain and fluid levels of trnasfer case and front and rear differentials. There was a small amount of driveline play which was normal for the age and miles that were on the vehicle. The customer wanted us to check the torque on the output flange of the transfer case, the driveshaft was removed from the vehicle which is a two piece driveshaft. The flange nut was checked with a torque wrench and found to be at the correct torque, then all u-joints were inspected at that time also. We found that the u-joint at the transfer case was bad and customer declined to have repaired. Her was charged 1.5 hours for the work at $95.00 per hour. The technician spent over 2 hours on the vehicle and the customer was only charged for published flat rate for the work that was done.