Darling's Hyundai Augusta

Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5
Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5

Westport, ME
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/11/2019 Category: Service
Worked to make it right
I purchased my vehicle less then two years ago, and it had a bad water pump. When I brought it in they diagnosed my car as such. At the story progressed it was told to me that it caused my engine to blow, a very unfortunate circumstance. Darling's did make an attempt to get Hyundai to help fix this issue since it was something that is not typical and should not have happened for a well maintained vehicle. Hyundai denied the claim. When I called to speak with them they did not even give me the time of day. They refused to even give me the dispute line phone number. So then I turned to Darling inquiring about trade in value, you would think this opportunity for them would be a good one.... Sell me a second new car, repair the engine on their own dime, and then sell that high quality car to a second person. Well they would not even consider it. They offered me $500 for trade in.... on a car that was bought for almost $20,000 two years prior, in mint condition, that blue books for close to $13,000. After my initial review I was contacted my Darlings in hopes to correct the issue. They are definitely making efforts to help fix the unfortunate situation and for that I am grateful. The issues I have are not actually with Darling but more with Hyundai. Darling is great to deal with on the whole

09/11/2019 Category: Service
Over priced, unfair, and crooked
I purchased my vehicle less then two years ago, and it had a bad water pump. When I brought it in they diagnosed my car as such. At the story progressed it was told to me that it caused my engine to blow, a very unfortunate circumstance. Darling's did make an attempt to get Hyundai to help fix this issue since it was something that is not typical and should not have happened for a well maintained vehicle. Hyundai denied the claim. When I called to speak with them they did not even give me the time of day. They refused to even give me the dispute line phone number. So then I turned to Darling inquiring about trade in value, you would think this opportunity for them would be a good one.... Sell me a second new car, repair the engine on their own dime, and then sell that high quality car to a second person. Well they would not even consider it. They offered me $500 for trade in.... on a car that was bought for almost $20,000 two years prior, in mint condition, that blue books for close to $13,000. That is wrong and crooked, and unacceptable.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 09/11/2019

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your feedback and allowing us to further assist you.  We will do our best to assist in your expired engine situation.  Thank you for taking the time to score us on our customer assistance and how we treated you as a valued customer.

Oakland, ME
2018 Hyundai Kona
08/06/2019 Category: Service
Quick communication to resolve problem
Thank you for responding quickly and for hearing our concerns. We will be back.

08/06/2019 Category: Service
Slow down and get it right the first time
You need to slow down and double check to make sure all caps/bolts are on properly and secure.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 08/07/2019

good morning,
Thank you for your recent feedback.  I understand that your service writer has reached out to you and would like to provide a rescore oportunity.

David S.
Norridgewock, ME
05/15/2019 Category: Service
Good service.
The facility is immaculate, and the customer is kept apprised of any issues.

05/15/2019 Category: Service
Pricey, but good service and amenities.
It is a modern and beautiful facility, and the service is performed properly, to the best of my knowledge. It is somewhat expensive , however.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 05/16/2019

Good morning,
Thank you for your valuable feedback.  We do understand that vehicle repairs are expensive.

Readfield, ME
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/31/2019 Category: Service
Great Service.
Top notch service department!!!! Thank you John.

01/31/2019 Category: Service
Not the same as usual
New customer service staff not quite up to the past, but work was completed satisfactory.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 01/31/2019

Good morning,
Thank you for your CSI feedback.  We will absolutely improve from your feedback.

RL
Richard L.
Vassalboro, ME
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
02/01/2018 Category: Service
Great Facility and attentive Staff
The new building and service area is top notch. Service employees were spot on with assisting everyone.

02/01/2018 Category: Service
Great Service poor results
I had absolutely no issue with any of the employees, timeliness of the service or the facility. My issue is with Hyundai. Manufacturing a vehicle that has engine failure issues only after 120K miles is unacceptable. I've driven my chevy cavalier to 148K, My GMC truck to 159K my Ford Taurus to 163K and yet I can't get more than 120K out of a 2013 GT? My recommendation to anyone I know would be to make sure they get rid of their Hyundai before 100K miles. Just to let you know, I own two Hyundais and was thinking that we would eventually replace one with another one at the right time, but now I would not.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 02/04/2018

Good morning,
I do understand that there can be frustrations as a consumer when a product fails in a time frame that seems premature.  As a dealer we make sure that we go above and beyond for our customers.  I would like to look further into your situation and offer to help in anyway that i can.  In return please remember that this survey is ONLY about the employees and customer service.  The 3 star score that was given only indicates a displeasure with out customer service.  Please indicate a 5 star rating on your re-score if you feel that is the type of service you received.  I will be reaching out to you soon to see if we can assist any further with getting your car repaired.  Thanks for your time filling out your initial response, we look forward to seeing your re-score.  We will be in touch soon.

Roger S.
Gardiner, ME
11/20/2017 Category: Service
Tapping like very worn engine at 400 miles
New engine should not make old noises. Does not quiet down until it warms up. I heard a kia soul start when cold. It purred.

11/20/2017 Category: Service
Tapping.
New car issue? If so, it needs correcting. Thank you
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 11/21/2017

Good morning,
I reviewed the situation with our team this morning in response to your CSI feedback.  As demonstrated by the loaner vehicle that  you drove the startup noise is completely normal on the Hyundai engine.  It has proven to not have any negative impact on dependability or longevity.  I hope that you will consider a survey rescore purely on our customer service as you are not rating the product.  The survey is purely feedback on the customer service your recieved during your service visit.  If you have any further concerns with your vehicle please feel free to contact us.  We can also further the investigation of your concern and compare it to several differant brand new vehicles like yours to give you the piece of mind.

Donna D.
Manchester, ME
2007 Hyundai Elantra
04/19/2017 Category: Service
Take two.
Problem resolved. 5 stars. Darling's Hyundai Augusta, ME is first rate and so are all the wonderful people who care and work there! Thanks! I would never go anywhere else. I can't believe I am fortunate enough to have Darling's Hyundai Augusta right in my backyard! Thank you, all of you. Once again.

04/19/2017 Category: Service
Integrity, resourcefulness, honesty, accomodating, friendly, professionalism, and donuts!
I would recommend this facility and only this facility in Augusta!
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 04/20/2017

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your feedback.  We do apologize for the inconvenience with the repair complications on your last visit.  I hope that Devon responded appropriately to earn a 5 star rating from you.  We look forward to seeing you again.

Hope, ME
2011 Hyundai Elantra
01/30/2017 Category: Service
Customer Service was great.
Very much appreciated for the willingness to further assist me with my concerns.

01/30/2017 Category: Service
Customer Service was great.
Customer Service was great, car has been there twice and the issue was not fixed.
Jason W., Service Director from Darling's Hyundai Augusta responded on 01/31/2017

good morning,
I have reviewed your concern with our team here in service.  We have in fact spoken to your mother in regards to this situation and we waiting to hear back from you as to when we can get the vehicle back to sort through this intermittent condition.  There will be no charge for us to sort the diagnosis out. We look forward to be able to help.

RL
Rosemary L.
Litchfield, ME
01/24/2020 Category: Service
Oil Change and Replacement Bulb for Headlight
I had excellent service on my last visit to Darling's. The work was completed within the time estimated. Very friendly service reps.

Catherine B.
South China, ME
01/24/2020 Category: Service
Great Customer Service
My car was serviced with in the time frame that was given to me. The service reps were friendly and helpful.

Joyce M.
Richmond, ME
01/22/2020 Category: Service
Trustworthy
A nice area to wait, good recommendations for my car completed in a timely fashion including car wash and vacuum. Hot coffee and a yummy snack made for a pleasant wait.

Mary C.

Kathryn G.
Gardiner, ME
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
01/20/2020 Category: Service
They were very accommodating and completed the work on time, as I had time constraints.

Augusta, ME
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/18/2020 Category: Service
Santa Fe repair review
Staff very responsive to my repair needs and timetable.

GP
Gregory P.
Albion, ME
2014 Hyundai Accent
01/10/2020 Category: Service
Thankfull for Devon and the service crew.
While traveling down the interstate, we thought we may have a safety problem with our car. We were able to stop in and were ready to leave the car and get a rental, but Devon was able to work us in, and the crew was able to work on it in while we waited. Thankfully there was no serious or time consuming problems and we were back on our way in a timely fashion. Safely.
We appreciate the professional and courteous service !