Overall Rating 4.6666667/5Overall Rating 4.6666667/5Overall Rating 4.6666667/5Overall Rating 4.6666667/5rating 4.6666667
Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667

Duxbury, MA
10/22/2018
Multiple repairs quote
Your quote for the repairs was 49% (about $1,000) higher than a reputable alternative a short drive away.
Chris K., owner from Duxbury Motorworks responded on 11/07/2018

DN,

I can appreciate your frustration and confusion with automotive repairs. At Duxbury Motorworks we find communication to be the key. I wish you had brought your question to us about the possible differences in estimates. Let me try to clarify. First, we do not for a moment want to be the "cheapest " shop. We do work to be the best .We have seen many instances where the "cheap"repair on a vehicle then brought in to our shop, did not serve the owner well. All parts are not the same, and attention to detail is not as common as it should be. We use quality parts, employ great techs, and back it all up with a 3yr/36k warranty. Not the typical "cheap"shop 1yr/12k. I would hope that you could re-score your response based on the rapid accomodation in getting your vehicle looked at(same day as your call), and the other factors that make our shop the 1st choice for so many others who appreciate the quality we offer.

Jeffrey G.
Mercedes-Benz E320
04/25/2016 Category: Service
Jeffrey said he dropped a tire off at this business to have them reseal it, it's almost been 4 weeks, and he hasn't received the tire back or a phone call updating him on what's going on.
Chris K., Owner from Duxbury Motorworks responded on 04/27/2016

Jeffery-

It was discussed you were to come back for the tire. Your Phone goes straight to message, which I would imagine you are not listening to. Please consider the long history we have with you, and whether your currrent scoring fairly reflects our service. Also, answer your phone.

Trudy S.
03/06/2016
Review
I am very happy

03/06/2016
Chris
Nice easy going man comfortable sofa and no Television
Chris K., Owner from Duxbury Motorworks responded on 03/07/2016

Hello Trudy,

As always, it's nice to be appreciated for what we do and offer. I think (hope?) you meant to score a "5" as opposed to a "1". Please call me if there are any issues I may not be aware of.

Thanks,

MT
MICHAEL T.
12/22/2015
Late on Saturday appointment, repeatedly missed times
Owner took my appointment for oil change, it was not in the book when I arrived there. Left car for 2 hours, still not ready when promised. Had to wait another hour and a half which made me late for my child's sporting event. This was just an oil change, I could imagine what other services take and when a mistake is recognized like the original appointment mistake an effort should be made to reconcile quickly which still didn't happen.
Chris K., Owner from Duxbury Motorworks responded on 12/23/2015

Michael,

I very much apologize if things did not go smoothly for you during your last visit. As I understand it, you arrived to drop your vehicle off for several hours for a basic service, with a pick up time between 12 and 2pm. Frequently, when a vehicle is going to be dropped off for a basic service, it does not get entered to the schedule, it just is done by your desired time. When you called at 12:30 you were advised they were chasing other issues on your vehicle, potentially serious steering and fluid leaks, and would be ready by 1pm. You arrived, and were on the road by 1:10. I've tried to contact you directly, please feel free to call me. I would appreciate you re-evaluating your survey responces, reflecting the service we have always provided for both you and your vehicles.

KL
KAREN L.
Jeep Liberty
12/03/2015
Reacted too quickly...........
I am sorry I did not contact you directly, as that probably would have been a better way of expressing my frustration. Chris is great and I have never had a problem with him personally. I just have a lot going on right now and spending money that was not needed just set me off. Chris has agreed to a refund and I would consider returning as this has been handle in a professional manner.

12/03/2015
Not coming back!!!
I brought my jeep in for a check engine light. They replaced the coil and sent me on my way. Next day I drive it the light came back on. I bring it back in (losing pay for going in late to work) only to be told that the coil was not the problem after all. Brought it to the dealership- it was a spark plug!!! Very expensive spark plug!! Thanks!!
Chris K., Owner from Duxbury Motorworks responded on 12/04/2015

Karen-

Very sorry our diagnosis was not correct. As always, good customer relationships are more important than profit.  Please call us so we can credit this repair attempt back to you. Either stop in, or call. Though not often, we have made mistakes but have always done the right thing by our customers.

BE
BOB E.
08/25/2013
suggested work not done properly
car went in for wheel bearing replacement and was told ABS speed sensor needed to be replaced also even though no warning light indicated it. Agreed to the service but as soon as I left shop after work completed ABS warning light came on. Service manager said will need to bring car back and check other sensors. Not sure if first sensor needed to be replaced at all and if it was even replaced properly. This after an incident with another vehicle.
Chris K., Owner from Duxbury Motorworks responded on 08/26/2013

Mr. Edwards, Chris (the owner) is aware of the issue with your vehicle, and encourages bringing the vehicle back to us so that we may fix this for you. As always, customer service is our highest priority, and we would like to make this right for you.