4.5

Lincoln, RI
2020 Hyundai Palisade
02/25/2020 Category: Service
2:15 for an oil change
I specifically called in to schedule an oil change. I was given the time to arrive. I arrived 5 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. I was greeted by the service representative, we quickly completed the work authorization form and I was directed to the waiting area, with refreshments.

An HOUR after, my vehicle was still sitting in the parking spot where I left it. Overall, it took 2:15 to complete an oil change and wiper inserts' replacement. On the way back home I realized that even the maintenance interval reminder was not reset.

SLOPPY job, 2:15 for the oil change - WITH AN APPOINTMENT?!!

I doubt I will ever come back to this service station.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/25/2020

We would like to thank you for taking time to fill out the survey.If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/26/2020

Nagaraju O.
11/18/2019 Category: Service
Sonata 2.0T check engine light - emission issues back to the dealer service for successful NINTH time
Hi Billy,
I don't understand that you are not accepting the fact that my poor rating is an outcome of your service level that I have to bring my car into FH service since last November 2018 for the same check engine light issue, not once or twice or thrice but 8 times, patiently, I brought my vehicle to your service but still no improvement. Within 2 to 3 weeks of driving every time, the light comes back again and you expect me to provide 5 stars!!! Tell me one thing, whether you will be happy and provide 5 stars, if the same thing happens to your car.
So, I am no longer welcome to your service because of my poor service ratings after having brought the car from your dealership and not missed a single service from since 2012. I don't know what to say! It doesn't reflect the high standards that F.H claims.

11/18/2019 Category: Service
Review title speaks of the type of service!!!
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/18/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 1 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/18/2019

Mr. Ogoti,

You will always give Firsy Hyundai negative reviews. I think it is time that we parts ways and appologize that we will never make you a happy customer.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
3-24-19 CUSTOMER GAVE A 1 STAR REVIEW ON SURECRITIC
8-2-19 CUSTOMER GAVE A 3 STAR REVIEW IN SURECRITIC
10-15-19 CUSTOMER GAVE A 1 STAR REVIEW ON SURECRITIC
11-18-19 CUSTOMER GAVE A 1 STAR REVIEW ON SURECRITIC

Shrewsbury, MA
11/02/2019 Category: Service
Took 3 Hours for a simple oil change
Scheduled to take my car in for a simple oil change as part of the First for Hyundai package. Little did i know that it would take ~ 3 hours for them to do the oil change. It likely would have taking longer if i did not go and ask what was taking so long after waiting for almost 2 hours.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/05/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 1 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

10/24/2019 Category: Service
Unprofessional and Rude
I will never return to this horrific dealership. They are very unprofessional!!
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 10/24/2019

RK
Robert K.
Plymouth, MA
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/07/2019 Category: Service
Poor knowledge of customer needs
Promised a rental and one was not available.
Email sent to several individuals within the service department with no response.

Poor customer service every time.

10/07/2019 Category: Service
No concept of customer service
Forced to have to bring my vehicle to First Hyundai to ensure 10 year engine warranty and they obviously know that.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 10/08/2019

•I apologize that we failed to properly explain our “First For Life Program” and the benefits that you will receive for being a loyal customer when you purchased your vehicle. The program was put into place to show our customers that we value their business and in return all we ask is that our customers stay loyal to us. I have attached a copy of your maintenance schedule for your vehicle from the factory which can be found in your owner’s manual. Keep in mind that your owner’s manual is the same manual that comes with all (vehicle make) across the United States and depending on where you live the maintenance schedules will vary due to different climate conditions. Here at First Auto Group we took what is most likely needed on vehicles in the New England area based on our experience, price shopping our competitors, and put it all together at a discounted price. Enrollment into the program is complimentary on all vehicles that we sell and to receive all our benefits that we offer we ask that you follow our maintenance schedule which I have also attached. We are giving you a lifetime engine guarantee on your vehicle and I hope you can understand that in order to give you that guarantee we need to be the only place to maintain your vehicle.  You are not required to be enrolled into this program and can opt out at any time. Again, we are not asking you to do anything above and beyond properly maintaining your vehicle.
•I hope I answered all your questions but feel free to contact me if I have not

CF
Chantal F.
Lincoln, RI
09/30/2019 Category: Service
Plugged tire
They plugged my tired but never check if it was sealed. Had to have it fixed elsewhere.

09/30/2019 Category: Service
Lies
Lied about fixing slow leak and won’t accommodate me for repeat service. Called and never once was the service department sorry about not fixing things right the first time.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 10/01/2019

Charlene S.
North Attleborough, MA
2013 Hyundai Tucson
09/19/2019 Category: Service
Recall service
4 hours for an hour and a half service was very disappointing. A rescheduling would have been appreciated.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 09/20/2019

North Attleboro, MA
08/30/2019 Category: Service
Terrible Dealership/ Horrendous Service Department
They've had my car for 7 months and keep giving me excuses as to why they haven't fixed it yet. "Too busy. Need to order more parts. etc, etc." The service department tells me they are overloaded with work and that Management and Corporate don't care. And that they are working on things as quickly as possible but it might be another week. And week later, I'm told it might be another week... They truly don't give a crap how it affects you, because 'you got a loaner didn't you'... yeah, a sub-compact entry level Sonata that i was told no dog in. My wife is disabled and has a service dog.. What the hell.. How am I supposed to work around that?
Honestly I don't know how they have 4 stars because all my friends in North Attleboro told me they are the worst so I'm guessing it rigged.
Don't buy a Tuscon.. They have faulty engines and transmissions..!! Google it..!
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 08/31/2019

John M.
Smithfield, RI
08/20/2019 Category: Service
Poor customer service
Dealership made NO attempt to resolve complaint.

08/20/2019 Category: Service
Failure to honor discount pledge.
Cost to replace starter was expensive and made more expensive than it needed to be because of dealership's failure to apply available discounts.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 08/21/2019

YOU ALSO GAVE A 1 STAR REVIEW BACK IN JANUARY. WE REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR 1 STAR REVIEWS AND WILL NOTE THIS IN OUR COMPUTER SYSTEM SHOULD YOU RETURN IN THE FUTURE.

PC
Paul C.
North Providence, RI
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/03/2019 Category: Service
Dishonest Deceitful Service Management
I think the title says it all
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 05/06/2019

THAK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS

Mario D.
Blackstone, MA
04/20/2019 Category: Service
I have had bad experience with the whole place to be honest
I would zero if i could!
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/22/2019

Nagaraju O.
03/24/2019
Hyundai Sonata Engine Check light does not go away - 4th time back to dealership for service in less than 3 months
I should have waited a day before assuming that the engine checklist was properly diagnosed 4th time i gave the vehicle to the dealer but no luck it showed itself back again on the 6th day when driving in the middle of highway.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 03/28/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored. The survey is a reflection on your service advisor. If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me  bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. I will send you another re-score link to give another chance to re-score your advisor. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/26/2019

BP
Brenda P.
Woonsocket, RI
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/12/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
It appears poor communication between staff/departments is acceptable, as well as poor communication to customers
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 03/13/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve. If you would like to rescore your advisor’s performance, I have sent you a rescore link. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Pawtucket, RI
2011 Hyundai Elantra
02/22/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai Has Airbag Problems
Be aware at purchase that at some point you’ll probably have to pony up $900 to fix your airbag control module, which will fail for no reason, preventing you from passing inspection in the northeast. Otherwise, my opinion of the vehicles is decent.

02/22/2019 Category: Service
Untrustworthy
I have been treated like a chump. I would never go back. I tell all my friends and family about it.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/25/2019

CD
Carolyn. (Cayla) D.
Cumberland, RI
02/20/2019
Still disappointed
Left dealership upset , I know the coil was replaced there never the less even 6 days before was seen on computer screen by adviser now totally gone from memory. It's ok always a new dealership looking for good customers to bad considering this was only place car was serviced. CN be seen on computer if that is not missing to. Customers save your write up receipts.

02/20/2019
C.d cayla
Very disappointed, was in last week for engine light, showed spark plugs, oul change, seal and coil4, did all above 6 days later of which car light was not on but noticed still running fuff and sputtering at times. I call to recheck make apt for 2/20 and on 2/19 light comes on again. I bring in next day they tell me could 2 and 3 now of which I say I remember 3 being done before, we me and Benjamin read on screen when it was in last week, well today 6 days later no record of it, funny huh after I remember it was towed in at that time. Everyone be sure to save paperwork or they will try to make you seem as a liar and offer you nothing but a 600 and change new repair bill.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/20/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Your concern has been discussed and we working on a procedure change to better inform our customers. If you would like to go over any issues, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com.  If you would like to rescore your advisor’s performance, I have sent you a rescore link. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/25/2019

We appologize that you feel this way and appreciate your 1 star review.

We will make sure to document it on your records.