4.5

AW
Ann W.
Cumberland, RI
05/15/2020 Category: Service
Crowded parking and service area
No comment
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 05/19/2020

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 2 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance.  We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

Pawtucket, RI
01/11/2020 Category: Service
Subpar customer service
The brand is great, but use another dealership.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 01/13/2020

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 2 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

Deborah B.
2014 Hyundai Elantra Gt
12/09/2019 Category: Service
oil Change
Asked them NOT to top off washer fluid, as it was just done the week before, and I have 3 jugs at home. Looked at my bill after and sure enough, $2.45 to top off washer fluid.
This was the second and last time. Like the saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.? Never again.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 12/10/2019

I appologize that you feel this way. We would have been happy to remove the charge for you and offered to at the time but you stormed out. Our computer system bills out the oil change "package" automatically and we made a mistake of not removing it. I see that you purchased your vehicle from us and normally we don't even charge for oil changes at all when you purchase a vehicle from us as part of our First for Life Program but you opted out of that program back in Feb 2019 because you chose not to follow the maintenance schedule. However I will make a note in the computer that you are chosing to take your buisiness elsewhere. Please advise if you change your mind as this was a simple mistake and we sincerly appologize for doing so! I will send a rescore link should you have a change of heart and want to fill out the survey again.

Putnam, CT
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/22/2019 Category: Service
Slow service
2 hours for oil change
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/25/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 2 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

AH
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/20/2019

John G.
11/04/2019 Category: Service
Terrible service
Going there for over two years. They still can not complete a mantance form.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/05/2019

i would like to invite you back to the dealer and we will do a full MPI and battery test for you

2014 Hyundai Elantra Gt
09/05/2019 Category: Service
Oil Change
Great place to have car serviced, very clean and friendly if you like to wait, and wait.
Would recommend to a friend, but, only it they have all day to wait.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 09/06/2019

Marc S.
06/27/2019 Category: Service
Not this time first
2 1/2 hours and no updates on my oil change and when i checked in the car was not even pulled in...only reason i still go to first is billy. First really needs to open there eyes and start treating 15+ year customers like 15+ year customers, not like trash. Loyalty Should mean something
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 06/28/2019

John G.
06/20/2019 Category: Service
Terrible service
I have been going there for over a year. They still can not fill out a service form.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 06/21/2019

Norfolk, MA
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/22/2019 Category: Service
Free Advertising
I bring my car in for a simple service. First, they can not guarantee that it will be done at any time of the day, even for a simple service and dropping it off the night before. The service was completed, I go to pick it up the next day, and upon signing the work order, I notice "Replace rear license frame" written in pen on one of the sheets. Hmmm, that's weird. Nothing they did involved the plate. Why would it be broken? Why would they not tell me that they broke the frame?...So after I finish signing, I check the the car and frame. What do you know, there is a "First Hyundai" frame in place of my personal one placed there after purchasing the vehicle. Again, I thought they broke mine somehow. Why else would they "replace" it if it wasn't broken? So i went back in and complained that nobody told me about it breaking or being replaced. The service dept. was closed so they left a note for the manager to call me in the morning. I went back out to the car, opened the door, and found the completely intact personal frame on the floor of my car. Now I'm even more mad that they just removed my personal property so they could have some free advertising. Shameful if this is their policy. I hate the stickers and frames when you buy a new car, let alone replacing a perfectly fine frame after a service for no reason. I have never heard of any dealership doing this after a service. They did not do this the previous times I had been there with the car. On top of that, the serive reminder screen was not reset after the service. Now I have to figure out how to do that myself. And what do you know, the manager has not called me in 3 days to discuss anything. Totally unacceptable. I will NOT be returning there for any service in the future. This is the last of several problems I had before with the service here. For instance...a prior visit, someone there scratched the drivers door at hip level right on the edge with keys on the their belt or something. Not deep, but very noticeable looking at the door. They did not tell me about it, probably oblivious they even did anything. Offered to "buff it out" the next time. They ended up scuffing and scraping the plastic door edge guard while haphazardly "buffing" the door, causing more damage while trying to fix the first damage. Of course they did not tell me about that either. They finally replaced the whole strip on that door after noticing it and then complaining. Taking my business elsewhere in the future. Shame, because the buying experience for the car there was good.
ANGELA N K. from First Hyundai responded on 05/22/2019

Good Afternoon,
I apologize you feel as though we have not met your needs. We could not promise an exact time your vehicle would be ready due to the electrical concern we added to the repair that day. With there being no actual issue we were able to have your vehicle ready late morning early afternoon. Our technicians Had to remove your plate bracket in order for your vehicle to pass for state inpsection. The inspector indicated that your your bracket was blocking the license plate, which is illegal in the state of MA. I was planning on explaining this to you when you picked up. You gave me the impression you were coming down that day, ONE for me to show you how to work your back up sensors. (If you still need us to show you how to turn if off, please feel free to stop by anytime) TWO to explain to you why your vanity plate was taken off. Again, apologize for any misundrstandings and hope you understand why we had to remove your plate bracket.
Sincerely,
Angela Kiesman
508-699-4700 ext 1341

Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 05/23/2019

Please be on the lookout for a link to rescore your previous rating. It would be greatly appreciated!

Angela Kiesman

PC
Philip C.
Foxborough, MA
04/18/2019 Category: Service
Scheduled Service
Honesty - some work as written down on the service report was not completed

Unsure now if I would recommend them.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/19/2019

PC
Paul C.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Bad repair
Well its almost a year since my A/C was broken and now I have visited First Hyundai a total of 7 times without a satisfactory resolution.
The latest news is that a new compressor is needed and Hyundai Motors is willing to install it for 1/2 price $445 because the warranty expired in Nov 2018.

Even though this issue was originally reported in June of 2018 and never fixed correctly I agreed to the compromise as long as I was issued a credit for the incorrect repair done on 3/30/19 ($442) seeing that it did not fix the problem. The reason I patronize the dealership to repair my Hyundai is to experience a higher level of service in order to avoid 'bad repairs' such as this.

I have bought 3 Hyundai vehicles in the past ten years and have never experienced such a frustrating predicament. I have wasted over eight hours of my time making seven trips, waiting for results and writing unsatisfactory reviews. I believe that my patience and time should be rewarded and not ignored or negotiated.

Please change my mind and resolve this issue before I'm forced to abandon my allegiance to Hyundai and trade my car for a more dependable brand backed by a more compassionate dealership.

Respectfully,
Paul F Costello

04/02/2019 Category: Service
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/03/2019

Foxborough, MA
03/12/2019 Category: Service
Customer
The first for life oil change thing needs to be explained better. I already let my displeasure be known.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 03/13/2019

Neil,I apologize that we failed to properly explain our “First For Life Program” and the benefits that you will receive for being a loyal customer when you purchased your vehicle. The program was put into place to show our customers that we value their business and in return all we ask is that our customers stay loyal to us.  Here at First Auto Group we took what is most likely needed on vehicles in the New England area based on our experience, price shopping our competitors, and put it all together at a discounted price. Enrollment into the program is complimentary on all vehicles that we sell and to receive all our benefits that we offer we ask that you follow our maintenance schedule. We are giving you a lifetime engine guarantee on your vehicle and I hope you can understand that in order to give you that guarantee we need to be the only place to maintain your vehicle.  You are not required to be enrolled into this program and can opt out at any time. Again, we are not asking you to do anything above and beyond properly maintaining your vehicle.
•I hope I answered all your questions but feel free to contact me if I have not

BG
Briana G.
Pascoag, RI
2016 Hyundai Elantra
02/24/2019 Category: Service
Double check the covers!
I had a basic oil change and package done on my car. A few days later I get a fumes smell coming from my heater. Ooo my good and there’s engine oil every where! The cover wasn’t on and it was almost empty!
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/25/2019