Overall Rating 3.039999/5Overall Rating 3.039999/5Overall Rating 3.039999/5rating 3.039999rating 3.039999
Overall Rating 2.12/5Overall Rating 2.12/5rating 2.12rating 2.12rating 2.12

Marc S.
Attleboro, MA
06/27/2019 Category: Service
Not this time first
2 1/2 hours and no updates on my oil change and when i checked in the car was not even pulled in...only reason i still go to first is billy. First really needs to open there eyes and start treating 15+ year customers like 15+ year customers, not like trash. Loyalty Should mean something
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 06/28/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 2 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

John G.
North Providence, RI
06/20/2019 Category: Service
Terrible service
I have been going there for over a year. They still can not fill out a service form.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 06/21/2019

Norfolk, MA
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/22/2019 Category: Service
Free Advertising
I bring my car in for a simple service. First, they can not guarantee that it will be done at any time of the day, even for a simple service and dropping it off the night before. The service was completed, I go to pick it up the next day, and upon signing the work order, I notice "Replace rear license frame" written in pen on one of the sheets. Hmmm, that's weird. Nothing they did involved the plate. Why would it be broken? Why would they not tell me that they broke the frame?...So after I finish signing, I check the the car and frame. What do you know, there is a "First Hyundai" frame in place of my personal one placed there after purchasing the vehicle. Again, I thought they broke mine somehow. Why else would they "replace" it if it wasn't broken? So i went back in and complained that nobody told me about it breaking or being replaced. The service dept. was closed so they left a note for the manager to call me in the morning. I went back out to the car, opened the door, and found the completely intact personal frame on the floor of my car. Now I'm even more mad that they just removed my personal property so they could have some free advertising. Shameful if this is their policy. I hate the stickers and frames when you buy a new car, let alone replacing a perfectly fine frame after a service for no reason. I have never heard of any dealership doing this after a service. They did not do this the previous times I had been there with the car. On top of that, the serive reminder screen was not reset after the service. Now I have to figure out how to do that myself. And what do you know, the manager has not called me in 3 days to discuss anything. Totally unacceptable. I will NOT be returning there for any service in the future. This is the last of several problems I had before with the service here. For instance...a prior visit, someone there scratched the drivers door at hip level right on the edge with keys on the their belt or something. Not deep, but very noticeable looking at the door. They did not tell me about it, probably oblivious they even did anything. Offered to "buff it out" the next time. They ended up scuffing and scraping the plastic door edge guard while haphazardly "buffing" the door, causing more damage while trying to fix the first damage. Of course they did not tell me about that either. They finally replaced the whole strip on that door after noticing it and then complaining. Taking my business elsewhere in the future. Shame, because the buying experience for the car there was good.
ANGELA N K. from First Hyundai responded on 05/22/2019

Good Afternoon,
I apologize you feel as though we have not met your needs. We could not promise an exact time your vehicle would be ready due to the electrical concern we added to the repair that day. With there being no actual issue we were able to have your vehicle ready late morning early afternoon. Our technicians Had to remove your plate bracket in order for your vehicle to pass for state inpsection. The inspector indicated that your your bracket was blocking the license plate, which is illegal in the state of MA. I was planning on explaining this to you when you picked up. You gave me the impression you were coming down that day, ONE for me to show you how to work your back up sensors. (If you still need us to show you how to turn if off, please feel free to stop by anytime) TWO to explain to you why your vanity plate was taken off. Again, apologize for any misundrstandings and hope you understand why we had to remove your plate bracket.
Sincerely,
Angela Kiesman
508-699-4700 ext 1341

Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 05/23/2019

Please be on the lookout for a link to rescore your previous rating. It would be greatly appreciated!

Angela Kiesman

PC
Philip C.
Foxborough, MA
04/18/2019 Category: Service
Scheduled Service
Honesty - some work as written down on the service report was not completed

Unsure now if I would recommend them.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/19/2019

PC
Paul C.
North Providence, RI
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Bad repair
Well its almost a year since my A/C was broken and now I have visited First Hyundai a total of 7 times without a satisfactory resolution.
The latest news is that a new compressor is needed and Hyundai Motors is willing to install it for 1/2 price $445 because the warranty expired in Nov 2018.

Even though this issue was originally reported in June of 2018 and never fixed correctly I agreed to the compromise as long as I was issued a credit for the incorrect repair done on 3/30/19 ($442) seeing that it did not fix the problem. The reason I patronize the dealership to repair my Hyundai is to experience a higher level of service in order to avoid 'bad repairs' such as this.

I have bought 3 Hyundai vehicles in the past ten years and have never experienced such a frustrating predicament. I have wasted over eight hours of my time making seven trips, waiting for results and writing unsatisfactory reviews. I believe that my patience and time should be rewarded and not ignored or negotiated.

Please change my mind and resolve this issue before I'm forced to abandon my allegiance to Hyundai and trade my car for a more dependable brand backed by a more compassionate dealership.

Respectfully,
Paul F Costello

04/02/2019 Category: Service
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/03/2019

Foxborough, MA
03/12/2019 Category: Service
Customer
The first for life oil change thing needs to be explained better. I already let my displeasure be known.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 03/13/2019

Neil,I apologize that we failed to properly explain our “First For Life Program” and the benefits that you will receive for being a loyal customer when you purchased your vehicle. The program was put into place to show our customers that we value their business and in return all we ask is that our customers stay loyal to us.  Here at First Auto Group we took what is most likely needed on vehicles in the New England area based on our experience, price shopping our competitors, and put it all together at a discounted price. Enrollment into the program is complimentary on all vehicles that we sell and to receive all our benefits that we offer we ask that you follow our maintenance schedule. We are giving you a lifetime engine guarantee on your vehicle and I hope you can understand that in order to give you that guarantee we need to be the only place to maintain your vehicle.  You are not required to be enrolled into this program and can opt out at any time. Again, we are not asking you to do anything above and beyond properly maintaining your vehicle.
•I hope I answered all your questions but feel free to contact me if I have not

BG
Briana G.
Pascoag, RI
2016 Hyundai Elantra
02/24/2019 Category: Service
Double check the covers!
I had a basic oil change and package done on my car. A few days later I get a fumes smell coming from my heater. Ooo my good and there’s engine oil every where! The cover wasn’t on and it was almost empty!
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/25/2019

2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
02/06/2019 Category: Service
Rhode Island inspection
Waited 4 and a half hours four the inspection to be completed and was charged for it.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/08/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 3 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us...

Warwick, RI
01/23/2019 Category: Service
Felt that I had to advocate for proper repairs (under warranty) and alternative transportation while repairs were being completed.
I purchased a 2016 Elantra Limited, then traded it in a little over a year later and purchased a 2017 Elantra Limited. Had problems with the new car with keyless ignition starting, but had to go back several times and state that I was not going to take the car home, in fear of getting stuck somewhere. Eventually, they replaced the starter, which seemed to correct the problem.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 01/30/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 2 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

Rehoboth, MA
01/08/2019 Category: Service
Less Than Okay Service
went in for a tire problem, came out with an oil change they demanded I pay for. Tire package ONLY covers up to $40 and doesn’t cover road hazards 🙄. Once I graduate, I’m selling my car and leaving this dealership. Many things promised that I have not received...
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 01/08/2019

2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/01/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
Prior service was always good- because of major repair issues I was left without a vehicle for over a week and had to continually call and leave messages in an attempt to get a vehicle- until my husband called and demanded a manager then a car appeared
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 01/02/2019

North Attleborough, MA
01/01/2019 Category: Service
Needs Improvement
Go to a different a Hyundai. Just another car dealership.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 01/02/2019

James L.
Mansfield, MA
12/23/2018 Category: Service
Courtesy doesn’t compensate for poor performance and communication.
Enough said. Read review
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 12/24/2018

East Providence, RI
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/20/2018 Category: Service
Poor Customer Service
The worst car dealership experience I've ever had. Period.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 12/21/2018

CR
Carla R.
North Attleborough, MA
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/16/2018 Category: Service
Too long of a wait
Waited to long for service to be completed
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 12/17/2018

Pawtucket, RI
2012 Hyundai Genesis
11/29/2018 Category: Service
Poor Service
They kept my car for seven days and they could not find out what was wrong with it!
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/29/2018

GL
Gregory L.
Attleboro, MA
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
11/26/2018 Category: Service
Not my best visit.
I've had many positive experiences with First Hyundai service in the past and the service reps are always professional. However, this time they could not find the fluid leak ( I thought it was anti-freeze, they thought it was washer fluid, if there was a leak) I reported and provided supporting evidence with a photo. After 1.5 days I was ready to pick up my car without the leak being fixed. They brought the vehicle in one last time and put it up on the lift to show me there was no leak. I immediately pointed out the leak to them. The washer fluid pump needed replacing.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/26/2018

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 2 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s perfrmance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

Robert S.
Woonsocket, RI
11/08/2018 Category: Service
worst service center to deal with
I am not pleased with the service that this dealer provides. had to return for the same repair twice, tire pressures not checked. numerous messages not returned always get answering machines instead of live people. window left down in the rain, seat wet when I picked up vehicle.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/09/2018

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey. If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Providence, RI
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Didn't test to make sure car was actually fixed
These people have badgered me to provide this review - so I will do so. I brought my car in for routine service and asked them to look into why the brake light wasn't working. After leaving, I discover the next day that the brake light still isn't working. I don't know why I bothered to drive to this location instead of going to a local garage. The technician likely didn't even test to make sure it was fixed
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 09/28/2018

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey.If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction.