Dave D. on 06/27/2017
Dave said this business tried to do a repair on his vehicle that didn't need to be done. They tried to charge $600 for a service he didn't need. He didn't go through with the service after he did thorough research.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 06/22/2017
Review Created: 06/27/2017
Brian L., Owner at Fishhook Auto Care responded on 07/10/2017

Good Morning Dave
While there are different techniques to repairing todays complex vehicles we had a ASE certified master technician thoroughly diagnose your vehicle and  that was recommended to be the best remedy to your concern. We verified that the proper voltages were not being provide to the main computer and that the recommended solution was to renew that position sensor. We stand by the decision that was the best repair we could have done given the concerns that they have had across the country for that component. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your auto care needs.

JOHN M. on 05/05/2017
"Bait and switch????? "
This was the third time I have used fishhook tire that the price exceeded the phone quote. I was quoted 300.00 for my tires when completed the bill was for 341 I asked what happened to the 300 quote and was told how does 317 sound paid it and left I will never return it has been years since a previous e perience wAs hoping the service was back to the "old days"service but it was not to be
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 05/02/2017
Review Created: 05/05/2017 05:51 AM
Brian L., Owner at Fishhook Auto Care responded on 05/10/2017

Good Morning John
In reviewing your response I see that we may not have been as clear on our pricing as we could have been. I have issued a credit to your account for 17.00 and we as a company will as always strive to be as clear as possible next time. We here at Fishhook Auto Care always try to be as clear on our pricing as we can and are always trying to improve our customers experience. Thanks for using Fishhook Auto Care

Justin M. on 04/28/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Gmc"
Had a engine knock and oil leak with a check engine light come on so I Took it in and they gave me an estimate of 1050$ to replace oil seals and whatnot came into pick it up charged me 1100$ and gave me another estimate for 1850$ to replace lifters. Truck still had check engine light and a bad knock. Would of been nice to know upfront. Will not return.
Review Created: 04/28/2017 01:32 PM
Brian L., Owner at Fishhook Auto Care responded on 05/10/2017

Good Morning Justin. As we discussed at the front counter the engine noise was relayed to you before the work was begun on your vehicle. Sorry for the misunderstanding and we will strive to do better in the future. thanks for trusting Fishhook Auto care with your service needs

DENISE M. on 02/08/2017
"Charges too much"
I was charged $323.00 for a battery and install. The car was towed in because the battery would not hold a charge. I was initially charged $90 to look at it an then another $54 to install the battery. I think the service charges were too much. The $90 should more than cover the installation of the battery.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 01/13/2017
Review Created: 02/08/2017 08:32 AM
Brian L., Owner at Fishhook Auto Care responded on 02/23/2017

Good morning Denise
In looking over the repairs that were done on your Subaru the repair charges that you were charged were in fact accurate and right in line with the time it takes to properly diagnose and install the battery in your vehicle. While we are very mindful of the expenses involved in diagnosing and repairing vehicles today we strive to keep your repair cost low by employing Ase certified technicians and keep them up to date on their training. We in working on your vehicle cannot afford to misdiagnose and replace components needlessly. That takes time and well time equals expense. We must be able to pay our technicians and for that reason we charged to install your battery. We look forward to working with you in the future and will always strive to make accurate diagnosis thereby keeping the expense to a minimum.
Thank you for considering us here at Fishhook Auto Care for your service needs.

ETHAN M. on 06/29/2015
"Traverse engine problems after leaving shop!"
We've been coming to your shop for 8 years now and I've generally been very happy so I wanted to email before posting a review of our last experience. But, I haven't heard back yet...so here it is: On Thursday 6/25/15, we brought our 2010 Chevy Traverse in for a pink fluid leak (it turned out to be a water pump leak) and we subsequently had the water pump replaced. We picked up the Traverse on 6/26/15. Within less than 1/2 a mile of driving out of the shop (I hadn't even gotten to the light at the corner of Fishhook and Seldon), there was a weird clicking/knocking noise that I'd never heard before. I called Kim immediately and let her know, then asked if I could bring the vehicle back. The vehicle is back in the shop and now I've been told that now I need a new engine! I'm not quite sure how a water pump replacement could lead to a new engine. And the timing of this brand new sound is rather hard to swallow. I have never overheated, we had the oil/filter changed a couple weeks ago and have never run out of oil (before I brought it in to your shop, the oil monitor read: 94% oil life remaining), my dad put the wrong kind of coolant in the Traverse minutes before we brought it into the shop (I drove less than 5 miles with it but the noise came AFTER the water pump replacement and coolant system flush and clean so I can't imagine that caused the knocking), and the traverse has a grand total of 64,698 miles on it so it's not super high miles. Maybe something wasn't tightened correctly when the water pump was installed? Maybe something else happened? I can't in good conscious recommend this business when I'm so frustrated!!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Traverse
Service Date: 06/26/2015
Review Created: 06/29/2015 12:38 PM
KENDA T. on 05/06/2015
"oil change comes with body damage"
I had the oil changed and the tires swapped out last week. The running boards were damaged in the process. Kim told me that it could not have happened in your shop and that my son probably was joy riding and caused the damage. Both running boards were bent out just behind the front tires. Steve of Metal Creek Autobody looked at it and said "it was put on a lift and jacked straight up."
I've spent a lot of money with you over the years and I take care of my vehicles. I'm disappointed that your mechanic didn't own up to his mistake.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 04/27/2015
Review Created: 05/06/2015 04:23 PM
Brian L., Owner at Fishhook Auto Care responded on 05/13/2015

Hi Kenda
After speaking with you today and inspecting your vehicle for damage I came to the conclusion that in all likely hood we did cause the damage on your 4 runner. We offered to pay for the damage and  regret that it happened. Rest assured that in the unlikely event that concerns do arise we here at Fishhook Auto Care takes this very seriously and take all precautions but unfortunately mistake can, will and do happen. We appreciate you as a customer and freind and look forward to working with you in the future

Michael G. on 03/13/2015
Michael said he had to take his vehicle back to this business because they put a headlight switch that does not work. He has to unplug his battery every time he gets out of his vehicle. Due to this experience, he would not recommend them.
Vehicle: Lincoln Town Car
Service Date: 03/06/2015
Review Created: 03/13/2015
Brian L., Owner at Fishhook Auto Care responded on 03/23/2015

Hello Michael
It's regretful you had this experience here. Sometime sin the course of doing repairs our technicians although very experienced can and will make mistakes and also at times other component's can and will fail. We have a very comprehensive warranty that cover our repairs a full 24 months or 24000 miles one of the best in the business. I saw that we scheduled your vehicle back in for repairs and then we called to reschedule you in and  for some reason you have not made it back to us. We will stand by our repairs and rest assured if it's anything to do with the repairs we will take care of it.  Feel free to give us a call at 373-1948 and we will recheck at no charge to you. Thanks for choosing Fishhook Auto Care. You one stop shop in the valley

ADAM P. on 12/16/2014
"frustrated"
After noticing a loud vibrating noise in the rear of my Subaru I took it to Fishook auto on the advice of a friend. They were friendly and gave me a ride to work. I got a call later that day saying they knew something was wrong but could not pinpoint the problem and it was probably o.k. to drive and wait until it got worse to better know how to proceed. I had no problem with that. The problem I had was when the bill came to $140.00- Most Garages in town will charge $80 to $90 for a full inspection.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 12/12/2014
Review Created: 12/16/2014 08:48 AM
Brian L., Owner at Fishhook Auto Care responded on 12/19/2014

Hi Adam
I feel we as a company need to respond to this. I looking over your paperwork and speaking with you yesterday we would like for you to reevaluate your responce. We value each of our customers reveiws wheather good or bad. Occaisionaly during the course of diagnosing a customers concern aditional labor and or materials are needed to fully vet and evaluate concerns on the vehicle. That can take more of our Technicians time and in fact can effect the charges on your vehicle. At no time will we charge you more than we quote. This is only fair for us and you. We would like to invite you to call us and further discuss this. Our number is 907-373-1948 and we are here 8-5 mon thru fri. We look forward to speaking with you and Thank you very much for the input.

Joseph M. on 11/10/2014
Joseph said he is very unsatisfied with this business. They did a brake inspection and replaced three belts on his vehicle. They charged him over $1,000. He was overcharged $800 for the work they did. He will not go back or recommend them because of this experience.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Montero Sport
Service Date: 11/05/2014
Review Created: 11/10/2014
Brian L., Owner at Fishhook Auto Care responded on 11/19/2014

Good Morning
We here at Fishhook Auto Care Appreciate all the reviews both good and bad. Thank you for your input and in attempting to contact you to discuss this we have not been able to get a hold of you after multiple phone calls. I feel that we need to clarify all the work that was done on you vehicle during your latest visit here. The work done was not just belts as you claim but included a Tow from your home diagnosing and renewing your alternator inspecting the under carriage 1 flat repair inspecting the brakes and diagnosing the alarm system. We do apologize for clarifying exactly what was done and the misunderstanding that we have. Rest assured we are very fairly priced and I feel as the business owner here that you got a very fair deal.
Thanks