Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Hyundai Dealer

George Fuller

145 points

20 minutes ago

Had a car transferred from Hyundai in Warner Robins due to a bad experience there. Thought all was well, car advertised as a 2016 Mustang Gt Premium. We haggled, came to an agreement and left with the car. Went to a car show that had alot of Mustangs. People were admiring the car as its a head turner. Got a nice GT I responded GT Premium. Folks looked and said you dont know your cars to well do you, its just a Mustang Gt. They said premiums come with different interior door trim, come with a much better radio and other things. I went to the dealer and said something and I get we have a DISCLAIMER, like I am an idiot. Disclaimer isnt to false advertise a car...lets advertise a Corvette and deliver a Chevy Spark. Going on 2 weeks now to let the manager do something, but hey, no big surprise, no response. They even forgot to take my down payment and I was an honest person and didnt screw them!! Will be reporting them to the BBB next week and seek some legal advice....Warner Robins scammed my kid, had to get nasty, now Macon is no different. If your gonna get screwed might as well go to a small lot dealer!! These places just continue to do people wrong. Salesman Keith was a nice guy, but he isnt in a place to make it right. Well lets add on to this. Gave dealer a chance to do right and he TRIES to convince me he lost money on the deal...And to clarify something, I have original ad from car, did a screenshot, and car was plain, go to lot, and they put white stripes down the middle to MALICIOUSLY false advertise the car as a Gt Premium!!! Deception at its best!! I got a GT not a GT Premium, I lost on deal. Emailed Manager yesterday with proposition and 24hrs later no response. He tried to convince me he lost money on the deal, nice guy huh, make it sound like he got screwed instead of me. Now I know in good faith I can do a BBB complaint today, and also got an appt with an Attorney on Monday. Gonna push this till the end, tired of dealerships screwing people with evil tactics, and then trying to flip it on you. A dealer will never do a deal that they will lose on. I thought Manager was cocky when I bought it and wife said it might just be my imagination, well when he told me he lost money on deal and acted like he was the victim, I knew it wasnt me, its him!!

TW
Teneisha W.
2014 Hyundai Elantra Gt
07/11/2018 Category: Service
Super unprofessional
I visited Five Star Hyundai on Riverside Drive in Macon on Thursday, June 28. My water pump was going bad and it needed to be replaced. It was replaced under warranty. When I spoke with Robert who is the repair shop manager he initially told me repeatedly, that they did not have a loaner car and there was nothing they could do being that my car would not be ready until Monday, July 2. This upset me as I had plans for the weekend and even if I didn’t being without a car for that long was a huge inconvenience. I was actually considering renting a car. Right before I made the reservation I decided to call the dealership to ask for the corporate number to complain about the lack of assistance regarding me being without a vehicle for so long. When I asked for the corporate number I was offered to speak with Brandon who is the manager. Brandon advised me that he would find something to drive while my vehicle was being prepared. I had my little brother drop me off and the dealership for me to pick up the loaner vehicle. I asked a man for Brandon as that is who I spoke with initially. He took me to Brandon and initiated small talk with me. No big deal. I filled out some paperwork, got the vehicle, and went about my day. I received a text message from Troy at the dealership who solicited me to help me pay my bills and “take care of a dime like myself” maybe 20 minutes later. I eventually blocked the number. This bothered me as this man stole my phone number from the paperwork I filled out. This said paperwork had my social security number and my address on it, and a boot of my license. I don’t know what else this man took from that form. I was dreading going to pick my vehicle up on Monday as I was uncomfortable and I did not want to run into him. I spoke with Brandon and let him know how uncomfortable I was and how inappropriate I thought it was that business was conducted this way. I even let him read the text messages. He apologized and sent me on my way. I left there still unsettled and uncomfortable as like I said I don’t know what else this man recorded or took off of that form. I also need my bottom radiator hose replaced. I knew this when I left the dealership but I was so uncomfortable with the interaction that I just wanted to get my car and go. I got up Tuesday morning and went around to a few repair garages to see if anyone could help me. No one had the part and referred me back to the dealership. I refuse to go back to that dealership or conduct business with them. I ordered the part online and will take it to a garage when it arrives to get my vehicle repaired. I wanted to let people know what happened and how the young females that visit this dealership may be harassed or violated. No one has followed up with me or reached out to me. I will be contacting the better business bureau and Hyundai directly to file a formal complaint since it was not handled to my satisfaction locally.

BL
Britany L.
Byron, GA
03/14/2018 Category: Service
Maybe a shade tree mechanic would’ve saved me money
Terrible experience, i always called for updates, the dealership caused damages that took longer to repair and they put me in a rental not compatible to what I drive. Very disappointed🤬
ROBERT L., Service Manager from Five Star Hyundai responded on 03/15/2018

Thank you for your response. I am sorry for the issues you had with your vehicle being serviced with us. We strive to give everyone Five Star service and we failed you this time. Again I am truly sorry we did not give you the service you deserved.

AD
Anrico D.
Forsyth, GA
10/28/2017 Category: Service
Car worse after repairs
Will not return to this dealerships for service.
ROBERT L., Service Manager from Five Star Hyundai responded on 10/29/2017

I am sorry that you are having issues since your vehicle was serviced. We strive to give everyone great service. We failed you. Feel free to call me at 478 803 8887, so you can try to find out the problem with your vehicle.

2016 Hyundai Elantra
09/27/2017 Category: Service
Go somewhere else for honest quick service
It took them 1 1/2 hours a for routine maintenance check. I got recommended something I know I would not need on a 1 yr old car... it cost $50 for a filter change! And I got a tire balance that I did not ask for when I called for service. Oh but I got some cookies in a ziplock bag and a supposed car cleaning and vacuuming that I didn't notice at all. Will never return.
ROBERT L., Service Manager from Five Star Hyundai responded on 09/27/2017

I am sorry we failed to give you the service you deserved, we strive to give everyone great service and we failed you. Fell free to call me if you would like to talk. Have a great day.

OC
Otis C.
Richmond Hill, GA
2012 Hyundai Genesis
08/23/2017 Category: Service
What a JOKE!!!!!
One of the worst customer price gouging facilities I have ever visited
ROBERT L., Service Manager from Five Star Hyundai responded on 08/24/2017

I am sorry for how you feel your were treated, we strive to give everryone great service, I know our prices are high, but that being said we use new Hyundai parts and not remanufactured parts and have Hyundai Platinum technicians that serviced your vehicle. Have a great day

Chris M.
Warner Robins, GA
2012 Hyundai Elantra
10/12/2016 Category: Service
Shit parts
Obviously making these Hyundai cars with cheap crap parts
ROBERT L., Service Manager from Five Star Hyundai responded on 10/19/2016

I am sorry about the price for the repairs for your vehicle. I have no control on the prices for the steering column for your vehicle. The survey was on the service your received from us. If I can help in any way I will try. Feel free to call me at 478-803-8887. I look forward to hearing from you.

Byron, GA
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
09/14/2016 Category: Service
Online Service Scheduler
They dont honor it. Had to take car to another dealership to get work performed.
ROBERT L., Service Manager from Five Star Hyundai responded on 09/14/2016

I am sorry we failed to give you the service you deserved. We appreciate are customers and their business. Thank you for your feed back we are trying to get the appointment issue handled.

Ronald S.
Geneva, IL
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
02/24/2016 Category: Service
lost a day of vacation
had low tire pressure
pulled over in byron ga pilot
called blue link for roadside assistance a+
looked up nearest hyundai dealer
was in warner robbins for replacement of the donut (not knowing five star has 5 or 6 locations in ga)
called warner robbins receptionist sends call to service goes into VOICEMAIL

wait 15 or 20 minutes call again tell receptionist we are stranded need new tire PLEASE make sure we dont get put into voicemail
we get onto voicemail AGAIN

i call corp refuse to talk to dealer again and order a new tire thinking it is in warner robbins
the tire was in macon which made us backtrack past where we started out in the am
robert land service mgr provided a+++ service
we lost a day on the road because although we were going to travel further there were no hotel rooms available past lake city fl for some race or event in gainsville

i gave a poor service rating
robert land emailed that it reflected on him not warner robbins
called corp again to straighten the complaint location out
low and behold i get another request for review in macon which i will happily give robert a glowing review
HOWEVER i have not heard a peep from corp or warner robbins or the owner of the dealership to apologize and explain that remedies are in place
answering the phone is not rocket science you apparently need some front line training

case #8769353
ROBERT L., Service Manager from Five Star Hyundai responded on 02/24/2016

I am sorry for your inconvience that you received from roadside assistance and the Warner Robins store, we hope your service was to satisfactory with us at Five Star Hyundai of Macon, the score you gave was on us. please rescore if possible

2014 Hyundai Veloster
01/14/2016 Category: Service
Check you service receipt for extra charges!
Check to see if they charged you for the correct amount of oil recommended for your car. Most of the cars only use 3.5 quarts and they charge for 5! Looks like someone is not being honest.
ROBERT L., Service Manager from Five Star Hyundai responded on 01/14/2016

I appoligize for you not being explained. The labor operation used on oil changes automatic bills out 5 quarts, some cars take more than 5 quarts but only bills out 5, this is out our computer system is set up. Our economy oil change is $37.99 no matter how many quarts of oil is used. It is a set price. We only put in the amount of oil that the vehicle takes. And check that the vehicle is full when completed

john k.
01/16/2014 Category: Service
50 dollar oil change
ya because everyone expects to pay 50 dollars for an oil change, We spent 900 bucks on auto body work, have bought three cars from 5 star and they charge us that much for a oil change, And maybe the service manager can be a bit more professional next time. Never again
ROBERT L., Service Manager from Five Star Hyundai responded on 01/24/2014

Thank you for your comments, I have spoke with Mr Kosater and apologized for any misunderstanding, we value our customers input, and will change things to better serve our customers

KR
KEVIN R.
2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring
12/24/2013 Category: Service
Cheap dealership
Do not go this dealership

MARY R.