4.6

VK
Virginia K.
Muncie, IN
08/05/2019 Category: Service
Will never return for service or vehicle purchase
I wish I could change the star rating to -1. This is particularly disturbing because I have been a customer of this dealership when it was under different ownership and never had such an experience. I went to Hubler in order to use a post-sale warranty for air conditioner failure that had been diagnosed by my well respected mechanic of 20+ years, in order to avoid paying the deductible on the warranty (which had been confirmed over the phone by the Assistant Service Manager as covered). When I was called and informed of the cost and that the warranty wouldn't cover it, and when I went to pick up my vehicle, the Assistant Service Manager was rude, and made disparaging remarks about my mechanic and his shop, obviously not knowing the mechanic or his reputation. He claimed damage to the radiator (bent, but still functioning properly) and bent core support caused the air conditioner to fail (more than two weeks after such damage) which then meant the warranty would not cover the repair, and to "fix it right" would cost in excess of $1,500. I took my car to my mechanic who confirmed that the failure of the air conditioner was not as a result of damage to the bent radiator, made the air conditioner repair which WAS covered by the warranty (cost less than $750 to the company), and advised that no replacement of the radiator was necessary since it was only bent and not leaking. Was someone trying to inflate repairs for more $? I'll take my vehicle service and purchase business elsewhere.
RANDY W B., Service and Parts Director from Greg Hubler Hyundai responded on 08/06/2019

Your feedback is important to us. I  apologize we did not meet your expectations as customer service is very important to us. Should you wish to discuss further feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Randy Bennett