Dwaine B.
06/03/2019 Category: Service
Dwaine said he was told his vehicle needed services that were not necessary and would have cost him more when he went for a second opinion.
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 06/20/2019

Thank you for your feedback! I apologize for your less than satisfactory visit! We strive to follow the State of Virginia's inspection guidlines to the letter, and unfortunately this can lead to what seems like nitpicky repairs.

Cat Weaver

KA
KEVIN A.
Prince George, VA
Nissan Sentra
04/13/2019
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 04/15/2019

Kevin,  we appreciate you taking the time to give us a great recommendation.  We are very happy that you were pleased with the service on your Sentra.  Thank you for your business.

Debbie Spanglger

Barbara M.
Chesterfield, VA
Nissan Sentra
02/05/2019 Category: Service
Barbara said the mechanic told her lies about her tires and it was the worst tire rotation she has ever had. She wants to find out who the mechanic was because she said he needs to be fired.
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 02/19/2019

Customer was informed and we showed her that her lug nuts were not on correctly and were more than likely cross-threaded and therefore we recommended not rotating her tires unless she wanted to replace the lug nuts.  She declined the work saying she didn't want to spend more money and said she would take the vehicle back to the place that did the work.

Debbie Spanglger

RICK C.
Chesterfield, VA
05/01/2018
Replaced Water Pump
I took my truck in because antifreeze was pouring out of the water pump . They fixed it that day and gave me a ride home and picked me back up . I really appreciated that , because I thought I was going to have to leave my truck over night because I could not get a ride up there until after they closed and that is the only vehicle I have and it was a Friday night and I was out of beer .

I took one star off because as I was writing my check ( yes I am old and old fashioned ) the female half of the ownership saw me writing a check and yelled across the room " he is writing a check , make sure you write his drivers license number down on the check " . My drivers license number is printed on all of my checks and I have been doing business with them for a few years , so this rubbed me the wrong way . The counter people should already know how to handle a check and if they do not , she should have pulled him aside and told him instead of shouting it across the room . It made me feel like a thief . Also I didn't think the diagnosis charge was justified in this case , when the leak was that obvious , you could see where it was coming from . It was leaking like pouring water out of a boot .

I really appreciated the rides and fast service .
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 05/03/2018

Mr. Capel,
We appreciate your business and your feed back.

AG
Amy G.
Virginia
Jeep Patriot
07/12/2017 Category: Service
Amy said she had a bad experience with the business because they charged her $134.00, even though their quote was $82.00. They did not give a reason for the jump in price.
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 07/24/2017

Ms. Green.

I'm sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. But when I looked at your invoice you were only charged $83.80. I do not see anything for $134.00. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to give us a call at (804) 271-5615.

Shelby Cummins

DT
Debra T.
Petersburg, VA
Jeep Liberty
10/28/2016 Category: Service
Debra said this business forgot to tell her about the diagnostic test but they waived the fee for it. They were supposed to fix a relay fuse that turns on the fan that keeps her vehicle from running hot but after repairs were done, her vehicle was running hot before she got it home.
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 10/31/2016

In response to Ms. Thorpe's review:

Her vehicle was brought in for an overheating issue, which several problems were found with the coolant system one of which was the radiator cooling fan was not working. The cause of that failure was a defective cooling fan relay which caused the fan not to come on when the temperature reached the half way mark. The coolant recovery tank is leaking which causes the vehicle to overheat as well. A thermostat and radiator hoses were recommended but these repairs were declined by Ms. Thorpe. The only repair that was done to the vehicle was the replacement of the coolant fan relay. It was noted on Ms. Thorpe's invoice and also verbally told to her that it was not recommended to drive the vehicle until the coolant tank was replaced.

Shelby Cummins

WC
Wayne C.
Midlothian, VA
08/04/2016 Category: Service
Wayne said the business has good service but the price was too high.

PF
Pete F.
08/03/2016
Crooked Hancock's
They tried to turn an ignition coil repair into a $774.00 bill. They insisted the automobile was in desperate need of a complete tune up, as well as the coil. A prior tune up had occurred approximately 5000 miles ago. The automobile had been running great prior to the coil failing. I declined the tune up, and in turn received my automobile running very poorly. Upon investigation, I discovered 2 spark plug gaps had been mashed in, and 2 plug wires had been switched on the distributor cap. Quite a mess to straighten out. I was trying to save money, therefore, they sabotaged my automobile.
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 08/04/2016

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with us. I apologize if our service did not meet your expectations

and appreciate you taking the timeto share your concerns. I would also like to set the record straight we take our customers problems seriously and would never suggest and repairs that are not needed. You stated that a tune-up was performed approximately 5,000 miles ago. In my professional opinion I dont think a tune-up was done. Ignition coils can fail for numerous reasons, the most common is worn spark plugs which force the coil to operate at a much higher output. The plugs that were in your vehicle could not have been replaced around 5,000 miles ago. The electrodes on the plugs were all but gone. Per our phone conversation about the vehicle you never stated any concerns about the recommendations I suggested. You also asked if we would leave the cover off of the engine so it would be easier for you to do the tune-up yourself. So if a tune-up was done 5,000 miles ago why did you request this? Again I am truly sorry that we could not help you more to fix your 1992 Doge van with 288739 miles.

Patrick Brown
804-271-5615
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 08/11/2016

Hannah Cumbie

Hannah Cumbie

STEPHEN M.
GMC Yukon
06/21/2016
No Longer A Customer
I was told by your technician that I needed back brake pads, rotors and my front driver side tire would not pass inspection. It was recommended that I replace all 4 tires. I took my truck to another shop and was told the tire passed inspection, but I should probably get two tires soon, the back brake pads could last another 3-4 months and there was nothing wrong with my rotors. This was very disturbing information........... :(

NL
Nicholas L.
GMC Sierra
04/09/2016 Category: Service
Nicholas said they ripped his out of state stickers off his vehicle and he has to replace them. The inspection failed and they gave him an estimate of $850,00.

DOUGLAS S.
03/28/2016
Fixed problem but caused a new one.
The Shop is one the largest and cleanest I have ever seen. They fixed the problem I had but has caused a new issue. I did not have the issue before I came into the shop. I have talked to the shop and they would like to charge me more just to look at the issue I did not have.

MA
MIKE A.
12/23/2015
Pleasant as usual
I recomend you give them a chance. Always a pleasure

MICHEAL R.
07/21/2014
not satisfied at all will not be back
rating is included in the list
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 07/22/2014

Mr. R,

We apologize that you are unsatisfied with Hancock's. Can you please tell us why you were unsatisfated, so in the future we can correct the issue. You can email us at Hancocksautomotive@yahoo.com.

Thank you for your business.
The Hanock's Team

EF
Emmie F.
05/15/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Zachary. He said a diagnosis was done and he was old the thermostat needed to be replaced. He went to a different business and was told it needed a relay switch. He would not recommend them for the reasons mentioned. The employees are cordial.

CG
Chris G.
03/15/2013 Category: Service
Chris said the mechanic was not on the same level with him and he would not recommend this business for that reason.

CK
Christopher K.
12/26/2012 Category: Service
Christopher said he wasn't very pleased the first time he went to this business, but he knew it could have been a fluke. He said he tried the business again for an inspection, but he probably won't be back. Most of the items recommended were not necessary according to another business he visited later. He chose not to elaborate further.

Don L.
12/05/2019 Category: Service
Don said it took a very long time for what seemed to him a simple task.
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 12/07/2019

Thank you for your comment!
Customer was taken in for service with no appointment and had to be fit in between other scheduled customers, causing him to wait 30 minutes . This is something we try to avoid as taking unscheduled work oftentimes ends with all customers waiting longer than we would like, such as happened here. We strive to service each vehicle as quickly as possible, and always appreciate feedback!

Catherine
Customer Service Representative

AK
Ana and Markus K.
12/03/2019
Seems honest and great appointment times - have transportation too
My son Markus and I have been taking our truck and car there for a couple of years now. We do recommend them. There are lots of scammers out there. Here, they seem to be honest and even offer to drive you home - within a certain distance, of course.
Prices are pretty good according to the market. They will not push you to purchase services unless it is necessary.
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 12/04/2019

Thank you for the fantastic review! We look forward to seeing y'all again!

MIKE M.
Chrysler Sebring Sdn
11/24/2019
Last minute!
very pleased with the service. the people up front were very nice. was surprised and pleased with having my windows cleaned thank you keep up the good work
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 11/25/2019

Thank you! We always look forward to having you in! Take care!

KG
KIM G.
11/22/2019
Extremely helpful
I went in for an oil change, was told that my license plate lights were out...I NEVER would have known until pulled over by the police. Ticket avoided!
Debbie S., Customer Service Rep from Hancock's Automotive responded on 11/23/2019

Thank you for your review! We look forward to continuing to take care of your vehicle!