Overall Rating 4.5000025/5Overall Rating 4.5000025/5Overall Rating 4.5000025/5Overall Rating 4.5000025/5rating 4.5000025
Overall Rating 1.2499975/5rating 1.2499975rating 1.2499975rating 1.2499975rating 1.2499975

Saturn Ion
05/12/2019
Way too expensive
Had to have my wiper blade mechanism replaced and Was told it would be $67 over the phone, showed up and got charged $675. Will not go back

EH
Emily H.
Chevrolet Sonic
01/07/2019
Scammers
I was given the quote of $690 for a simple thermostat repair within my cylinder head. As it turns out, I took my car to a Chevy dealership where they replaced the same exact issue for $200, all taxes and fees included. To say they were scamming me is an understatement. Will never return nor recommend this place.
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 01/27/2019

Hi Emily, we are sorry you are dissatisfied with your experience. We did not recommend a thermostate only. The repair would have been signficantly less if we had only estimated a thermstate replacement. We recommended a thermostate housing and thermastate assembly. This recommendation was made because the vehicle had codes for a failure to maintain proper temperature, and there was also coolant residue on the bottom of the housing. We reviewed the orignal estimate and our pricing with discounts was $163.00 less then what is specified in your review. We are glad you found a path to get your car running.

AH
Ann H.
Honda Element
10/26/2017
Great Customer Service
I had an issue and the owner personally called me, explained the situation in detail, and resolved my issue. I appreciate you taking the time to call and work it out. Great customer service.

10/26/2017
Rip Off
I brought my car to Hillsboro Village Auto Service after having to call AAA to get my car started. I assumed since AAA partnered with Hillsboro Auto that it would be an okay place to get my car serviced. I told them exactly what was wrong with my car and what it needed, a new starter. I got a call that it would be over $900.00 to fix my starter and for a new battery. Shocked, I told them no thank you. Even though I told them what was wrong with my car and i simply needed a price quote, they still charged my $70 for telling me the price quote. This is outrageous. If that wasn't annoying enough, I got my car serviced that very next day at a different mechanic for a $254 (total, parts and labor); less than one third of what Hillsboro Auto quoted me at. I feel that Hillsboro Auto attempted to rip me off. Luckily my car started and I was able to take it to a different shop. Hillsboro Village Auto Service: Please feel free to contact me to refund me my $70.
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 10/26/2017

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me over the phone. And address your concerns.

Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 10/26/2017

We talked through the repair and discussed the starter we were quoting was an OEM part. We also discussed that my cost on the part was more expensive then the total estimate from the alternative shop. We offer a 4yr/48k warrenty, and the reason we can do this is the quality of parts we use on repairs. We also discussed the billed hours for our three ASE Master technicians. We reviewed our book hours and confirmed that they were on target for the needed repair. We had also determined a new battery was needed during our diagnostic. We are glad you found a cost model that worked well for your needs.

Adam S.
12/16/2016
Resolved issue quickly and professionally
Crystal immediately replied to my issue and sent someone on the weekend (off hours) to resolve it immediately. Yes it was a mistake. But it was an honest one and they couldn't have been better about making it right. And I couldn't be more appreciative for that.

12/16/2016
Replaced the wrong tire. Left the dangerous one
I was towed to Hillsboro Village Auto by AAA after running over a metal object on the highway and blowing out my left front tire and having the left back tire bubble up and need replacing. I noticed the great reviews so I felt comfortable leaving my car there. I picked up my car having paid for the replacement tires. Several days later the tire pressure light came on and I checked the tires. And I realized they didn't replace the tire back left tire with a huge bubble in it. Instead they replaced the front two tires. This may have been an honest mistake but it's one that has endangered me driving for the last several days without my knowing it. Moreover, they are not open on the weekend so I now have to pay for more service at Sear's this weekend. Nor can I reliably ask for a refund because I need to have the faulty tire replaced elsewhere. I'm really disappointed in the mistake and thankful nothing worse happened as a result. I'd say take your car here at your own risk
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 12/19/2016

We appreciate you bring this to our attention. There was a miscommunication on which two tires needed replacement. The two tires we originally replaced were the most worn. We are glad we could make special arrangements to look at your tire this past Saturday and resolve the issue. Thanks again for letting us know.

CP
Chris P.
Toyota MR2
09/23/2016
Greedy liars!!!
You guys wanted almost a grand to replace one coil pack and 4 spark plugs. That's just stupid greed. I did it myself in less than 20 min. And I'm not a mechanic. Also you charged 100$ for a diagnostic that wasn't even accurate. Worst shop I've ever had the displeasure to deal with. Happy to share my experience with others. You guys suck.

PL
Paul L.
Honda Accord Crosstour
07/14/2016
Prompt action to repair trust
The folks at Hillsboro Village auto made sure that I / my wife were satisfied with the resolution, which we were. So it's all good now

07/14/2016
Complete gouging after years of trust....
Brought my 201 Honda Crosstour to replace the trunk liftgate shock. The head mechanic is a good guy that I've dealt with for over 7 years. He quoted me a price which I thought was a bit high, but I trusted him. A pair of these trunk liftgate shock cost me $191.26 + $52.50 labor (which took him less than 3 minutes to install). All told I paid $266.31. When I complained, Brent gave me $52 credit for service. These parts are 4 times more expensive than the ones you can order from Honda part stores on line!!!
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 07/29/2016

We apologize for any frustration with the rates. The parts we were quoted by our normal distributor were more than the local dealership. Unfortunately, this occasionally happens with parts pricing. After we were made aware of the issue, we refunded the price difference to your wife. This was in addition to the service credit. We spoke and our understanding was we addressed the issue to your satisfaction. Please let us know if there are any additional concerns.

SK
Sonya K.
Hilliard, OH
07/06/2016
Hillsboro Village Auto Service is a Complete Scam
Hillsboro Village Auto Service tried to rip me off and lied to my face when confronted with a technical question.

My car's O2 sensor was broken, which caused the check engine light to come on. This shop quoted me $575 for the job of replacing it that another local shop did for $125. When they quoted me that price I did my own online research and realized that this was not a reasonable quote, so I went to pick up my car from the shop. I asked the gentleman who had "run the diagnostic" (for which they charged me $97) what he thought was wrong. He said that the "air fuel ratio sensor" was broken. My online research had told me that the air fuel ratio sensor is the same thing as an O2 sensor. When I asked him this question he responded with "no, but it looks the same to someone who doesn't know much about cars". He apparently used this lie to justify the more than $300 that he claimed the part cost on the quote sheet. I confirmed through numerous sources that those are two names for the same thing, and that the part can be reasonably found in the vicinity of $100.

I am never going back to the place again and I am telling everyone I know not to return as well.
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 07/06/2016

Hi Sonya,

Thank you for your feedback. The "Air Fuel Ratio Sensor" is what was broken on your car. O2 sensor and AFR sensor are often called the same thing, however they are different. The AFR sensor is an air-fuel ratio sensor that is slowly replacing (or supplementing) the zirconia oxygen sensor (O2 sensor) in modern motor vehicles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFR_sensor). We use OEM parts and our cost was more then $125 for the AFR sensor. There are less expensive aftermarket parts usually of lessor quality that are often used. Our work is guaranteed with a 4yr/48k warranty. The diagnostic fee, that was shared upfront, isolated the issue with your vehicle. Our team’s statement "no, but it looks the same to someone who doesn't know much about cars" was only in response to your statement that “you did not know much about cars”. They were only sharing that often shops and customers call different sensors the same thing. We apologize for any miscommunication on our side and glad you got your issue addressed.

Kevin M.
Mercedes-Benz E320
03/11/2016
Headlights not fixed
I paid more than $500 to have new headlights, which I provided, installed. The mechanic was not able to figure out that a fuse was blown and broke s side light in the process. I had to take the car elsewhere to get it fixed.
Crystal I. from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 03/12/2016

Kevin, it is unfortunate to hear you did not feel you had a good experience. We had to replace the headlight (which you provided) as there was an integral piece that had been melted. To replace the headlight, we had to remove the entire front bumper so it was labor intensive and this the reason for the cost. However, our mechanic called to state he needed more time to run a diagnostic because there was no power to the headlight. At that point you stated you didn't have time and wanted to come get your car. Thus we did not have a chance to locate the busted fuse. We did break the sidelight but we replaced it at no cost of course.
It was the end of the day when we were able to do the work for you and did not have a full opportunity to inspect as you were unable to leave your vehicle.
We are glad you were able to find somewhere that you felt met your needs.

Jordan S.
Honda Accord
02/24/2016
Overpriced
I had to tow my car in yesterday because the engine was not starting. After a $97 diagnostic fee, they tried to tell me that my whole distributor needed to be repaired and that the part was around $450. They also tried to charge me $307 in labor. Then, they proceeded to tell me that my spark plugs needed to be replaced for an additional #330. They told me that the spark plugs were original to the car and that they were worn. However, my spark plugs had been replaced last year and barely had any wear. They were just trying to get another $330 from me. They wanted to charge me around $1100 total. I had my car towed to a Precision Auto Tune and they replaced my part and took care of my car for a total of $450. Hillsboro Village just tried to take advantage of someone who didn't know how to fix her own car and was in need of help.
Crystal I. from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 02/24/2016

Jordan, my apologies that your visit did not meet your expectations. As a female owner, I am committed to having a business that welcomes and makes everyone feel comfortable.

The invoice you signed, stated upfront the diagnostic fee of $97.93 before any work began. We extended a 10% new customer discount for the distributor repair. The distributor repair costs on parts and labor were $589 and included a 4year/48k mile warranty. The other potential repair was spark plug wires which appeared to be the original wires on a high mileage car. Best practice is to replace the spark plugs when the spark plug wires are replaced. We provided the option to wait on that spark plug wires repair until we had the car running and determined if it was still needed. We apologize for any miscommunication and very glad you were able to find a place that fit your needs better.

Sincerely,
Crystal I

Morgan B.
12/24/2015
Horrible
Right when I walked over to the service worker in the shop he looked me up and down-making me very uncomfortable. I told him why I was bringing my car in, he calls me a few hours later to give me an update. Telling me it's going to be $400 for a new oxygen censor and an extra $200 because I have some rust around it (it's a 16 year old jeep...) I immediately go back to tell him no thanks-it shouldn't cost that much. So he charges me $100 just for looking at it because my check engine light was on. A few days later I take it to michigan for the holiday and drop it off at my local garage. He fixes it all up and chargers me less than $300 for everything (including dealing with the rust problem). Needless to say I will not be coming back or recommending this place to any of my friends - especially females. I knew something was fishy when he couldn't keep his eyes on mine, but I was really hoping that it would work out because I enjoy taking my car to local garages rather than the dealership. I cannot believe he tried to take advantage of me because of my gender, thinking I wouldn't know anything about cars or how much a repair like that should cost.
Crystal I. from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 12/28/2015

Morgan, my apologies that your visit did not meet your expectations. As a female owner, I am committed to having a business that welcomes and makes everyone feel comfortable. A significant portion of our client base are women who know and trust us. I can assure you the service manager had no intention of making you uncomfortable.

The invoice you signed stated that there might need to be additional repair due to the rust but does not state anything about an extra $200. It also disclosed up front the diagnostic fee of $97.93 which is standard. We also extended a 10% new customer discount. We are very glad you were able to find a place that fit your needs better and we wish you well in the future.

Crystal I. from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 12/28/2015

Thanks,

Crystal I

JJ
John J.
Gallatin, TN
08/18/2015
Terrible Shop
If I had to guess, I'd imagine that this shop has capable mechanics that likely do good work. I brought in my car for a diagnosis, and I was presented with a recommendation to have two parts replaced that couldn't have been causing my issues. In addition the quoted price for the repair was easily twice the average market rate.
Crystal I. from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 08/19/2015

Thanks for providing us your feedback and concerns. Honda Timing Belts are one of the most expensive fixes on a Honda. If the timing belt where to break, it would cause permanent damage to the motor. Honda also requires an additional components be replaced with the timing belt, such as the water pump. We stand by the diagnosis on the timing belt being the initial problem. We would have been able to determine any additional requirements for repair after the fix was in place and the car was running correctly. We offer a 4yr/48k Mile warranty on all repairs. We specify our diagnosis fee upfront and did not perform any of the needed repairs without talking to you first. Unfortunately, we could not waive the fee with the car being parked on our lot for over a week to wait on your decision regarding making the repair. I hope you get your needs addressed and let us know if we can help in any way.

Aleks S.
Jeep Cherokee
01/26/2015
Disappointed
"Check Engine" light came on in my car so I took to AutoZone to get it checked out for free. They said the probable cause was the Throttle Position Sensor, and quoted me the part for $43. The next day I took it to Hillsboro Auto and a short while after dropping it off they called to confirm the problem was the Throttle Position Sensor, and it needed replacing. They quoted $371 to fix it (about $150 for the parts; $117 for labor; $104 for diagnostic work) . I was shocked and told them not to do anything. Unfortunately, I was still charged $97 + tax for diagnostic work. After some short research I ordered a replacement part on Amazon for $28, had it on my doorstep in two days, and found a two minute (2 minute!) youtube that showed me how to replace it. It literally required removing two screws, replacing the part, and putting the screws back in. All in all, it took me about 5 minutes to replace myself with no issue. Ultimately, I was very disappointed to have to pay $97 for no work to be done on my car, be given information I already had, and be quoted almost $400 for work that only cost about $30 and took me 5 minutes to replace. Felt like a classic mechanic stereotype, charging exorbitant amounts of money for very little work.
Crystal I. from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 01/27/2015

I apologize that you feel you did not have a good experience with our store. I can understand how the price difference might surprise you. However, the reason is quality. We only buy OE parts (original equipment). Essentially, this means the part we install will last longer. Discount Stores use the cheapest parts available and have a shorter life span. We also have a 4 year/44,000 mile warranty on our work that other stores and repair shops do not. Additionally, parts stores pulling codes does not usually determine all the issue with a vehicle repair. We do charge a diagnostic fee which you will find with almost all quality and reputable repair shops. The reason is that we do a much more thorough inspection of the car using the best equipment. This fee is mentioned to all customers up front and the quote you received and signed has it listed on there so it is not a surprise.
I am glad you were able to find what you needed and make the repair. We wish you all the best.