Overall Rating 4.5000025/5Overall Rating 4.5000025/5Overall Rating 4.5000025/5Overall Rating 4.5000025/5rating 4.5000025
Overall Rating 1.2499975/5rating 1.2499975rating 1.2499975rating 1.2499975rating 1.2499975

AH
Ann H.
Honda Element
10/26/2017
Great Customer Service
I had an issue and the owner personally called me, explained the situation in detail, and resolved my issue. I appreciate you taking the time to call and work it out. Great customer service.

10/26/2017
Rip Off
I brought my car to Hillsboro Village Auto Service after having to call AAA to get my car started. I assumed since AAA partnered with Hillsboro Auto that it would be an okay place to get my car serviced. I told them exactly what was wrong with my car and what it needed, a new starter. I got a call that it would be over $900.00 to fix my starter and for a new battery. Shocked, I told them no thank you. Even though I told them what was wrong with my car and i simply needed a price quote, they still charged my $70 for telling me the price quote. This is outrageous. If that wasn't annoying enough, I got my car serviced that very next day at a different mechanic for a $254 (total, parts and labor); less than one third of what Hillsboro Auto quoted me at. I feel that Hillsboro Auto attempted to rip me off. Luckily my car started and I was able to take it to a different shop. Hillsboro Village Auto Service: Please feel free to contact me to refund me my $70.
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 10/26/2017

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me over the phone. And address your concerns.

Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 10/26/2017

We talked through the repair and discussed the starter we were quoting was an OEM part. We also discussed that my cost on the part was more expensive then the total estimate from the alternative shop. We offer a 4yr/48k warrenty, and the reason we can do this is the quality of parts we use on repairs. We also discussed the billed hours for our three ASE Master technicians. We reviewed our book hours and confirmed that they were on target for the needed repair. We had also determined a new battery was needed during our diagnostic. We are glad you found a cost model that worked well for your needs.

Adam S.
12/16/2016
Resolved issue quickly and professionally
Crystal immediately replied to my issue and sent someone on the weekend (off hours) to resolve it immediately. Yes it was a mistake. But it was an honest one and they couldn't have been better about making it right. And I couldn't be more appreciative for that.

12/16/2016
Replaced the wrong tire. Left the dangerous one
I was towed to Hillsboro Village Auto by AAA after running over a metal object on the highway and blowing out my left front tire and having the left back tire bubble up and need replacing. I noticed the great reviews so I felt comfortable leaving my car there. I picked up my car having paid for the replacement tires. Several days later the tire pressure light came on and I checked the tires. And I realized they didn't replace the tire back left tire with a huge bubble in it. Instead they replaced the front two tires. This may have been an honest mistake but it's one that has endangered me driving for the last several days without my knowing it. Moreover, they are not open on the weekend so I now have to pay for more service at Sear's this weekend. Nor can I reliably ask for a refund because I need to have the faulty tire replaced elsewhere. I'm really disappointed in the mistake and thankful nothing worse happened as a result. I'd say take your car here at your own risk
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 12/19/2016

We appreciate you bring this to our attention. There was a miscommunication on which two tires needed replacement. The two tires we originally replaced were the most worn. We are glad we could make special arrangements to look at your tire this past Saturday and resolve the issue. Thanks again for letting us know.

KC
Kelsie C.
La Vergne, TN
11/23/2016
Thank you!
Thank you for explaining this to me, as the things that you mentioned help me better understand where you were coming from. I appreciate your willingness to reach out to make this right, thank you again!

11/23/2016
Diagnostic Test
My car stalled, and I was towed here due to it being the the closet AAA partner. They ran a diagnostic test to tell me that my engine had a catastrophic failure and I would need a new engine, to the tune of $10k. They weren't able to tell me what within the engine failed. Needless to say, I'm getting a second opinion. I'm giving 2 stars because they decided after the fact, not to charge me for the diagnostic test, which was a nice thing to do considering they didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know.
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 11/23/2016

Kelsie, we are dismayed to hear you felt you didn't have a satisfying experience. We could have speculated as to the cause but without taking apart the engine, we could not get to the root cause. Diagnostics to take the engine apart and determine cause would have been very costly and the end result would still have been a new engine. It sounded as if something inside the engine had broken, but again without taking it apart we could not say that for sure. It could have run out of oil, but since oil had recently been added we could not confirm that. The end result regardless of the cause is that you need a new engine. We do not replace engines so the price given was a basic rough estimate of what we anticipated you might find. We encourage you to get a second opinion as we understand that this is a difficult situation. We could have charged the diagnostic but in trying to take care of you as our customer we did not, as you mentioned. We wish you all the best in your future car care needs.

PL
Paul L.
Honda Accord Crosstour
07/14/2016
Prompt action to repair trust
The folks at Hillsboro Village auto made sure that I / my wife were satisfied with the resolution, which we were. So it's all good now

07/14/2016
Complete gouging after years of trust....
Brought my 201 Honda Crosstour to replace the trunk liftgate shock. The head mechanic is a good guy that I've dealt with for over 7 years. He quoted me a price which I thought was a bit high, but I trusted him. A pair of these trunk liftgate shock cost me $191.26 + $52.50 labor (which took him less than 3 minutes to install). All told I paid $266.31. When I complained, Brent gave me $52 credit for service. These parts are 4 times more expensive than the ones you can order from Honda part stores on line!!!
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 07/29/2016

We apologize for any frustration with the rates. The parts we were quoted by our normal distributor were more than the local dealership. Unfortunately, this occasionally happens with parts pricing. After we were made aware of the issue, we refunded the price difference to your wife. This was in addition to the service credit. We spoke and our understanding was we addressed the issue to your satisfaction. Please let us know if there are any additional concerns.

Franklin, TN
07/16/2019
Pulled into work with the beginnings of a flat tire. Called Hillsboro Village Auto Service and they were able to work me in that morning. Great customer service and they patched my tire at a very fair price!

LO
Larry O.
Crowley, TX
Scion xB
07/12/2019
Superb Service team
Just traveling thru town when we experienced an electrical problem. Managed to find the garage with help from Yelp and lots of prayer 30 minutes before closing. Jen and team responded with care and urgency. They were able to get us back on the road before 11am the next morning. If I lived here they would be our mechanics for life.

Molly M.
Chevrolet Colorado
07/10/2019
Awesome Service, Awesome People
This was my first time here and it is by far the best mechanic I've ever been to. Everyone that works there is really nice and friendly. After they diagnosed my truck, they called me to walk me through what was wrong with it and what needed to be done. You can tell by talking to them that they're all extremely experienced and trustworthy. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

07/09/2019
Great people with great service. Indispensable to me and my family.
I have been a client of this business for more than 30 years and can't imagine what I would do without them. So fond of them as people and so impressed with the level of expertise that they provide.

DJ
David J.
Subaru Legacy (Natl)
07/09/2019
Redeemed my faith in humanity.
I am new to Nashville and my girlfriend saved me by suggesting Hillsboro Village Auto Service. After a nightmarishly horrible experience with another shop in town these people redeemed my faith in mechanics and seriously saved me a ton of money. I am an emotional guy. I love my 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT and had almost given up on keeping it. Problems were assessed, prioritized and fixed quickly and smoothly. Service was businesslike, polite and they were sensitive to my needs, discussing budget, giving accurate estimates and going the extra mile. A great place to get a car serviced! Wonderful.

LK
Len K.
Lexus IS 250
07/02/2019
Great service, fair pricing
My son's car needed brakes badly. Took it in to Hillsboro and they put on new pads and rotors. I checked around and their prices were competitive. Very polite and professional from beginning to end. Would go back and recommend.

Barbara S.
06/29/2019
Customer service, customer service, location, customer service!
Accessible, available, low prices, great repair work, friendly and caring staff, and a puppy dog, all in one! Use these services if you want to give a gift to yourself, your family, your friends, and to your cars. The cars, especially, love this place and the tender, accepting health care they receive!

SP
Scott P.
Nissan Maxima
06/29/2019
Saved me a lot of money!
Had issues with my traction control system and my Service Engine Soon light wouldn’t go off. Long story short, they could’ve told me I needed a major fix, but they gave me my car back, reset the warning lights, and gave me a list of items to monitor and told me to come back if the issues keep happening.

06/27/2019
You guys are the best!
Thank you for keeping us rolling! We are so glad that you are in the Village! We appreciate the thoughtfulness with which you care for our vehicle!

Bryant S.
Chrysler 200
06/25/2019
Amazing service again!
I will continue to bring my car here for as long as I live in Nashville. Service here is prompt, friendly, accurate and priced extremely fairly. After dealing with car dealerships and other independent repair facilities, I will never bring my car anywhere else but here. If you're looking for a place to fix your car, stop searching, you've found the place.

AL
Ali L.
Honda Fit
06/20/2019
Looks out for my best interest
Hillsboro Village Auto Service has proven to me over and over that they always look out for my best interest. The work they do is careful and excellent, and they will not do work they don't feel is necessary. Brent always gives me a thorough explanation of what it will take for them to diagnose and fix a problem. If the problem is not urgent, he recommends alternatives for how to figure out what is wrong without taking the time and labor to tear the engine apart. I trust Hillsboro Auto completely. They are not the cheapest shop in town, but over the years they have saved me so much money because they don't do anything that is not necessary and they always get the job done right the first time.

LC
Larry C.
06/19/2019
Fast and reliable service
As always, service performed on time and work was excellent.

Volkswagen New Beetle
06/13/2019
Honest, helpful, and easy to work with
I have nothing but praise for Hillsboro Auto. They were extremely helpful, kind and worked with me through the process. As an new resident I am extremely appreciative that I have found a shop I can trust with great people.

06/11/2019
Always nice, fast, and take the time to make sure you understand
Great work every time. Such a reasonable price. I will never go anywhere else as long as I live in Nashville.

Suzanne H.
06/10/2019
5 star service
Car was diagnosed, serviced and returned within time requested. Price was very fair and the customer service was excellent!

VB
Vickie B.
06/09/2019
Great Service as Always
Quick, easy, and friendly service on short notice. Very convenient.