Overall Rating 1.2/5Overall Rating 1.2/5Overall Rating 1.2/5Overall Rating 1.2/5Overall Rating 1.2/5
Latest Review 11 minutes ago

AH
Ann H.
Honda Element
10/26/2017
Great Customer Service
I had an issue and the owner personally called me, explained the situation in detail, and resolved my issue. I appreciate you taking the time to call and work it out. Great customer service.

10/26/2017
Rip Off
I brought my car to Hillsboro Village Auto Service after having to call AAA to get my car started. I assumed since AAA partnered with Hillsboro Auto that it would be an okay place to get my car serviced. I told them exactly what was wrong with my car and what it needed, a new starter. I got a call that it would be over $900.00 to fix my starter and for a new battery. Shocked, I told them no thank you. Even though I told them what was wrong with my car and i simply needed a price quote, they still charged my $70 for telling me the price quote. This is outrageous. If that wasn't annoying enough, I got my car serviced that very next day at a different mechanic for a $254 (total, parts and labor); less than one third of what Hillsboro Auto quoted me at. I feel that Hillsboro Auto attempted to rip me off. Luckily my car started and I was able to take it to a different shop. Hillsboro Village Auto Service: Please feel free to contact me to refund me my $70.
Eric I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 10/26/2017

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me over the phone. And address your concerns.

Eric I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 10/26/2017

We talked through the repair and discussed the starter we were quoting was an OEM part. We also discussed that my cost on the part was more expensive then the total estimate from the alternative shop. We offer a 4yr/48k warrenty, and the reason we can do this is the quality of parts we use on repairs. We also discussed the billed hours for our three ASE Master technicians. We reviewed our book hours and confirmed that they were on target for the needed repair. We had also determined a new battery was needed during our diagnostic. We are glad you found a cost model that worked well for your needs.

Adam S.
12/16/2016
Resolved issue quickly and professionally
Crystal immediately replied to my issue and sent someone on the weekend (off hours) to resolve it immediately. Yes it was a mistake. But it was an honest one and they couldn't have been better about making it right. And I couldn't be more appreciative for that.

12/16/2016
Replaced the wrong tire. Left the dangerous one
I was towed to Hillsboro Village Auto by AAA after running over a metal object on the highway and blowing out my left front tire and having the left back tire bubble up and need replacing. I noticed the great reviews so I felt comfortable leaving my car there. I picked up my car having paid for the replacement tires. Several days later the tire pressure light came on and I checked the tires. And I realized they didn't replace the tire back left tire with a huge bubble in it. Instead they replaced the front two tires. This may have been an honest mistake but it's one that has endangered me driving for the last several days without my knowing it. Moreover, they are not open on the weekend so I now have to pay for more service at Sear's this weekend. Nor can I reliably ask for a refund because I need to have the faulty tire replaced elsewhere. I'm really disappointed in the mistake and thankful nothing worse happened as a result. I'd say take your car here at your own risk
Eric I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 12/19/2016

We appreciate you bring this to our attention. There was a miscommunication on which two tires needed replacement. The two tires we originally replaced were the most worn. We are glad we could make special arrangements to look at your tire this past Saturday and resolve the issue. Thanks again for letting us know.

KC
Kelsie C.
La Vergne, TN
11/23/2016
Thank you!
Thank you for explaining this to me, as the things that you mentioned help me better understand where you were coming from. I appreciate your willingness to reach out to make this right, thank you again!

11/23/2016
Diagnostic Test
My car stalled, and I was towed here due to it being the the closet AAA partner. They ran a diagnostic test to tell me that my engine had a catastrophic failure and I would need a new engine, to the tune of $10k. They weren't able to tell me what within the engine failed. Needless to say, I'm getting a second opinion. I'm giving 2 stars because they decided after the fact, not to charge me for the diagnostic test, which was a nice thing to do considering they didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know.
Eric I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 11/23/2016

Kelsie, we are dismayed to hear you felt you didn't have a satisfying experience. We could have speculated as to the cause but without taking apart the engine, we could not get to the root cause. Diagnostics to take the engine apart and determine cause would have been very costly and the end result would still have been a new engine. It sounded as if something inside the engine had broken, but again without taking it apart we could not say that for sure. It could have run out of oil, but since oil had recently been added we could not confirm that. The end result regardless of the cause is that you need a new engine. We do not replace engines so the price given was a basic rough estimate of what we anticipated you might find. We encourage you to get a second opinion as we understand that this is a difficult situation. We could have charged the diagnostic but in trying to take care of you as our customer we did not, as you mentioned. We wish you all the best in your future car care needs.

PL
Paul L.
Honda Accord Crosstour
07/14/2016
Prompt action to repair trust
The folks at Hillsboro Village auto made sure that I / my wife were satisfied with the resolution, which we were. So it's all good now

07/14/2016
Complete gouging after years of trust....
Brought my 201 Honda Crosstour to replace the trunk liftgate shock. The head mechanic is a good guy that I've dealt with for over 7 years. He quoted me a price which I thought was a bit high, but I trusted him. A pair of these trunk liftgate shock cost me $191.26 + $52.50 labor (which took him less than 3 minutes to install). All told I paid $266.31. When I complained, Brent gave me $52 credit for service. These parts are 4 times more expensive than the ones you can order from Honda part stores on line!!!
Eric I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 07/29/2016

We apologize for any frustration with the rates. The parts we were quoted by our normal distributor were more than the local dealership. Unfortunately, this occasionally happens with parts pricing. After we were made aware of the issue, we refunded the price difference to your wife. This was in addition to the service credit. We spoke and our understanding was we addressed the issue to your satisfaction. Please let us know if there are any additional concerns.

07/07/2020
Excellent and trustworthy service
My car is still under extended warranty with the dealer, but I finally decided to come back to Hillsboro Village Auto Service because I know I can trust them. Thank you so much for all the years of honest value, from my cheap, old cars to my newer, fancier one!

TE
Thomas E.
07/03/2020
Wonderful quick knowledgeable
Even during a really busy holiday weekend, the repairs were quick, explained well, and done perfectly! Will definitely return.

RO
Robert O.
06/29/2020
Old friends and caring business people.
These folks are among the finest I have ever done business with. They have been taking care of my vehicles for more than 20 years and I hope they always will.

SL
Sean L.
Chevrolet Suburban
06/28/2020
1989 Suburban Brake Repair
Was happy to find Hillsboro Village Auto Service for my recent repair. Their website is well done and I received timely and useful responses. Mechanic took the time to explain my repair and was a quick turnaround on that as well. They know their stuff.

Robert B.
06/26/2020
Excellent - Again
Got what I expected - excellent work again.

EC
Evie C.
Lexus RX 300 Luxury SUV
06/26/2020
Customer service and loyalty
The best car place! Professional and timely

06/25/2020
Consistently friendly and efficient and thorough service by Brent. Jennifer researched to find a much better price for a part I needed.

Kevin B.
06/23/2020
2005 Camry
Couldn't have been easier or faster. Everybody was professional, capable and friendly. These guys are the great.

Doug P.
06/22/2020
Would never take my car anywhere else.

06/21/2020
Great Customer Service!
Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. They took care of my cars problem and explained it thoroughly. Very happy with the experience.

Roy G.
06/18/2020
Prompt response
This repair involved not a scheduled appointment but an unscheduled emergency: a flat tire. I called and was told they could handle the problem immediately. I was able to drive the car into the shop and three hours later had the car back with the tired repaired. As always, a quality job.