Overall Rating 4.5000025/5Overall Rating 4.5000025/5Overall Rating 4.5000025/5Overall Rating 4.5000025/5rating 4.5000025
Overall Rating 1.2499975/5rating 1.2499975rating 1.2499975rating 1.2499975rating 1.2499975

Asher S.
Honda Fit
05/02/2019
good work very helpful - but expensive
Was in a pinch and they rushed got the parts and had the car done timely - but didn't give me the 10 percent Belmont college discount as advertised, they do good work - they are very conveniently located for college students and locals but if you compare cost they charge a good deal more than other places - I'd recommend them but if on a tight budget shop around for sure

KH
Karen H.
Hendersonville, TN
Nissan Sentra
03/19/2019
mechanics are good fyi ask them personally and not the cashier about price estimation
Cashier was singularly unhelpful in answering simple questions about costs of brake work and oil change pricing.

Dylan R.
Volvo S80
03/01/2018
Good, but expensive
Took my car in for a routine oil change, and it was about $85. Would be cheaper pretty much anywhere else you go.

Tim M.
01/13/2018
Quick, Right, Cheap (Pick Two)
Shop hourly rate is $109, but they repaired my vehicle the next day. I put my car in for an alternator repair, and the total cost was $700. I asked for an explanation of the cost, and the mechanic from the back came and explained his pricing/markup/labor rate. The lady up front was a little angry that I asked for an explanation, but she did go back and get the mechanic, who explained the pricing scheme. They say their parts are OE (Original Equipment), however I haven't taken the time to verify this. I would use them again in a pinch, but there are cheaper options elsewhere for an alternator repair, which is a standard issue. For example, you can buy a refurbished alternator online for roughly $100, assume a $50 markup for parts by the shop, then I typically expect between $68-$75 for labor. An "book price" alternator repair dictates 3 hours for the work, so that $225 for labor, and with $150 for parts markup that is $375, assuming the next shop doesn't nickel and dime you and "shop supplies" etc... This shop is located in a safe, good area, and if you can afford to pay the premium for close, fast service, then go for it.
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 01/14/2018

Hi Tim, Thanks for providing us feedback. We apologize if anyone may have come across as unpleasant. That is certainly not normal for us. With regards to the cost of the part, it is true you can find something less expensive online or perhaps in a big box store. However, we purchase our parts from a vendor that helps back our OEM 4yr/48k parts and labor warranty. We recognizing that different clients have different priorities. Being that comparable quality parts sometimes can be found for less expensive as with many purchases online. We are willing to perform a repair with customer purchased parts without a warranty if that may be of interest. We are competitive on our labor rate, many dealerships in town are $115 to $120 per hour. With our 10% first-time customer discount or one of the area discounts the effective labor rate is usually $98.10 per hour. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

LR
Larry R.
Pontiac G6
04/13/2017
Great people, not so much with price
I needed to have my brakes assessed and brought it to this location due to convenience with my work. They charged an assessment fee which would be a taken off if I used their services. After the assessment, the charge was particularly higher than I would of estimated. I was not sure of what to expect, but soon found out. Other than prices, the people were great! They had excellent communication and got back with me quickly which I greatly appreciated.

Dmitri C.
Infiniti QX56
03/16/2017
Dashlight for "Needing Oil" is still on, but no counsel or advice for an oil change!
Diagnosis and counsel about transmission fluid and frayed belts replacement appears to be good. Will see.
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 03/22/2017

Hi Dmitri, Thanks for the feedback. You wanted your car back as quickly as possible. The car was leaking transmission fluid and would not drive when it arrived. We replaced a transmission hose and alternator drive belt that was shredded. When asked about the light we explained that it was not the oil change light but was a "Maintenance required" light. If you had added the recommended oil change or requested an oil change the light would now be off. As you requested, our priority was to get your car running and back quickly. The light is a reminder light only and does not signify anything is wrong with your vehicle. Please let us know when and if you would like to come back for the needed oil change.

EK
Erica K.
10/12/2016
Very nice but somewhat overpriced
I think they could have reduced the fee they charged just to look at the car, since there ended up being nothing wrong with the car.
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 10/13/2016

Thanks for your feedback. The good news was you did not need new brakes. We did discuss the inspection fee up front and that it would be waived if we made a repair. The reason for the fee is that we have to pay our technicians to look at the car. Regardless of whether a repair is needed or not, the technicians spend time to make certain you were taken care of and safe. They also test drive the vehicle to make certain. We also provided a free loaner car for your use. Many places would have upsold you brakes even though you did not need them. We hope you will come back and see us. Thanks much.

Mary P.
Volkswagen New Beetle
09/19/2016
Great service, high prices
The location is convenient and the service itself is great, but their prices are terribly inflated. They wanted $150 just to diagnose my air compressor problem and then $1100 to replace it. I went somewhere else who doesn't charge the $150 and replaced the compressor for $300 less.
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 09/22/2016

We appreciate you sharing feedback. We charged for an A/C diagnostic with evacuate and recharge. If freon is needed the cost can exceed $150. This is our standard charge for an A/C evacuate and recharge diagnostic. We shared the diagnostic fee upfront before starting work. We cannot speak to other shops quality of parts and warranty. We use OEM quality parts and have a 48k/4yr warranty. The compressor we would have used was $300 at our cost. We are glad you found repair shop that met your needs.

Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 09/22/2016

The diagnostic fee would not have been recharged since you already knew what was wrong with your car. The referenced $1100 compressor work was including tax. We deliver quotes this way to provide our clients the out-the-door cost. The cost for the service without tax was $971. We appreciate you letting us know what is going on in the market place which allows us to better serve our clients.

Melinda S.
Buick LeSabre
07/30/2016
the service is great but the labor charges are way too much. must be the location
Labor charges are huge
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 07/30/2016

Melinda, thanks for your feedback. We recognize that we are not the lowest cost repair center in Nashville. Our effective labor rate is usually less than the dealerships and many of the corporate stores. We strive to support our customer base with a 4yr/48k warranty and free loaner cars. We also do not up-sell on anything that is not a necessary fix. Please come back and see us any time.

TA
Tim A.
BMW Z3
07/28/2016
Great customer service. Quit harassing me after the fact.
I was very happy with the service at Hillsboro Village Auto Service. I had planned to come back, but at this point, I'm honestly not sure. I made the mistake of giving them my email address and phone number. They've sent me three different emails, and their robocall customer service satisfaction spambot has called me at home three times now. I finally took the survey just to get them to leave me alone - it was obnoxious and took several minutes.
Crystal I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 07/28/2016

Thank you for bring this matter to our attention. The phone surveys should not be happening and will be addressed and fixed immediately. The email surveys sent to our customers help us better understand how we are doing supporting our clients. We also send monthly coupons that many customer utilize. We will remove your email from our system as well. We apologize for any inconvenience our survey program may have caused.

WH
Will H.
Chevrolet Pickup
02/01/2016
Quality Service; Expensive Labor & Diagnostics
I've had two different vehicles serviced here over the last couple of years, and this shop is thorough and generally does quality work. They are, however, far and away more expensive than many shops. From what I can tell comparing quotes from other mechanics, it appears hourly labor charges are higher, as well as diagnostic fees. Expect to run up $60-$100 minimum in diagnostic fees before they ever perform any work on your vehicle.
Crystal I. from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 02/02/2016

Thank you for your honest feedback. We have an exceptional reputation for our honesty, integrity and quality. We are not the least expensive or the highest. The value added services such as 4 year / 48k Mile Warranty and Free Loan Cars help to set us a part. The diagnostic fee is shared upfront and no additional work is done without our client's permission. Many places at face value will have what appears to be a lower hourly rate, but seem to find many more repairs that are not needed. We only fix what is needed. Please let us know if we can be of help in the future.

Jane A.
11/17/2014
Good customer service
Staff is very nice however, the problem with my car is not fixed. I came in to have an oil leak fixed and it is still leaking oil -- maybe more than before. I am bringing it back in Tuesday. Thanks! Normally I would give 5 stars….