Overall Rating 4.38/5Overall Rating 4.38/5Overall Rating 4.38/5Overall Rating 4.38/5rating 4.38
4.4

JN
JASON N.
12/01/2019
My last two visits to Honolulu ford we’re two that won’t be forgotten. Ford roadside assistance first made me wait over 5 hrs to get my car towed. I ended up having to use another service to pay for my car to be towed. Finally I was able to have my car taken to Ford and called numerous times to get a status update on my car. Finally a whole day later someone finally called to let me know they fixed the car and I could pick it up. Then not even a month later I had the same issue come up Yet again having to have my car towed in. Again there was a lack of communication with getting an answer on my car. Finally when I did get a response they said it would be ready a little after 1pm. Waited until 3pm and still no call, so ended up having to call and they advised oh your car is ready the paperwork is here sitting on my desk. Kinda makes you wonder how long it was just sitting on his desk. When I finally went to pick up the car I noticed on the receipt that I paid for my car to be fixed but they didn’t even do all of the services I had asked them to do. When I went back to speak with the advisor he said oh looks like we didn’t do it. And now I have to schedule another appointment to bring my car back a third time. Just a waste of my time and money right now. Advisor Didn’t even seem to care that they didn’t fulfill the services that were asked for.

OF
OCEANA F.
11/14/2019
Excellent car maintenance and customer service
I am not satisfied with the service I have been receiving by Maya at Honolulu Ford. The last two visits were terrible. My car had to stay overnight twice and the second recent maintenance check costed me $145.00 (plus) and my tires were not rotated because the lug nuts were swollen and not covered under my warranty. She suggested I go to Napa or O'Reilly and purchase the lug nuts and have them install the lug nuts. Secondly, I notified Maya that the camera wasn't working when reversing. But Maya said nothing was found to wrong with the camera. It is still not working and says to check with dealership. Also, please note that a mechanic served as a shuttle driver to take me to Alakea Street because the regular shuttle driver was on break. Why is a mechanic shuttling customers around when he should be fixing the cars so that people like me don't have to leave their cars overnight because they are "behind in the work." I used to recommend this Ford dealership to friends and family. Not any more. With my previous service providers, I use to feel important as a customer and confident that the concerns for my car would be thoroughly addressed and corrected---I don't now. Furthermore, Maya never keeps my abreast of the current status of the car. I call and she does not return my calls until she wants to call me back (which is usually late in the afternoon. And I am concerned that this negative feedback will only cause me more trouble and negative service, attitude, and workmanship with this King Street Ford dealership. I feel I deserve better service and honesty. What can I do to receive BETTER SERVICE.

PB
PABLO B.
Ford Edge
11/01/2019
Car pick up
2018 Edge won’t come out of park . Brought it to the dealer 1 month ago . I was called to pick up my car only to find out the techs could not get it out of parking either . But yet I was called because it was “fixed” After 1 month I’m still without a vehicle. The loaner I was given was filthy , disgusting and wreaked of something spoiled not to mention the nasty cigarette smoke still entrenched in the cars AC system .

Totally dissatisfied with my ownership of my Ford and the dealership .

EM
EDWARD M.
Kailua, HI
10/29/2019
Poor customer service
Had an appointment at 9 but was there at 830 for oil change which took 3 hours. I believe that the service advisor should update the customer who’s waiting. I was not updating until another customer who checked in at 730 for an oil change made a complaint about the wait time 3 hours later. Efficiency island time is very important for great customer service. I had a Hyundai and there service was fantastic no three hour waits! Hyundai service for oil change 45 minutes maximum. I’m thinking of looking for another place. Something to think of GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE ALWAYS BRINGS A LOYAL CUSTOMER BACK Which might spread the word to there friends to get them to visit you. Without that great customer service the company will fall apart!!

LOUIS S.
10/17/2019
Lack of results and communication
I scheduled a basic service, first time. The woman who scheduled me advised me to remind the service agent that the service should be free. Upon advising the service agent he became defensive and told me based on my warranty and service agreement, that was not available to me. I advised him to discuss that with the people making the appointments. I also checked with a few others on the floor. There were those who said "yes, first time service is free". Others said "we don't offer that anymore". Talk about miscommunication and representation.

I also asked if they could check the passenger speaker. Seemed to be cracked and crackles when I get to a certain speed and vibration is higher. What should have taken a day took three without any thought of a loaner or providing me with a ride back to my Kalihi office.

I am very disappointed in HonFord for many reasons. Too many that I do not wish to list them all in writing. If there is a care, I would be happy to discuss the issues.

EG
ELOHSSA G.
Ewa Beach, HI
10/15/2019
Didnt fulfill the job that they was supposed to have done.
I was told that they were going to do a tire rotation, and checked off in the box saying that they did do it. But I took pics of the tires, and they never did the tire rotation. The tires were in the exact same place as they were when I brought it in. Would not recommend this place. Service agents name is Warren and tried to make excuses to me. Then told me he would follow up and give me a call about the situation he never did call me. 🤬

BV
BRIAN V.
10/14/2019
Service Visit
Took my car in for service ( basic tune up , oil change fluids tire rotation ) , had an 8:30am appointment. Maya was my service advisor. Told her I needed the car back by 12:00 noon, she assured me it would be done. Called around 11:30 asking if it was done ( as I hadn't been called back ) , she was busy and didn't call me back till 11:50 telling me it was almost done and would be done with in a half hour. I came down before 12:30 and she said it was almost done again ???? Really ?? I finally got my car back at 1:00 after telling her I needed to be in Kaneohe as I had 30 kids waiting for me to take them to a meet. Maya was always pleasant but I didn't need to be put through all that stress . Very disappointed. I have been a loyal customer of Honolulu Ford since 1984. Seems that should make a difference , but I guess not.

LK
LELAN K.
Kapolei, HI
10/12/2019
Didnt fulfill the job that they was supposed to have done.
I have a lifetime service that I paid for on oil change and fluid check. I was told they do a tire rotation as far as a courtesy thing. And they did not do what i was told. I took pics of tires and it was still in the same spot as the pics were taken. Verydisappointed, and I'm not happy with the service.

LV
LEILANI V.
Dodge Journey
10/05/2019
Not prepared
I scheduled an appointment for my Dodge journey 4 day's before actual appointment, Ford already knows that I have a Dodge and did not prepare. I came in for my scheduled appointment time 9:00 am & they never finished my car until after 430 pm , just to have a simple oil change and for them to check brake's, rotation of the tires & at my request for them to check my rear passenger side tire for a slow leak which they said they couldn't find a leak, which after leaving there the very next day I had to put air in the tire that I said a a slow leak and they said they weren't able to find a leak in. I believe that should have not taken almost 8 hours, I am very disappointed & very unsatisfied with their service. I purchased my Dodge journey from this Ford car lot, this is not the first time when I spent the entire day for service to my vehicle this is the 2nd time.

Kailua, HI
Ford Expedition EL
09/30/2019
ZERO out of 5
A while ago, when I had my 2103 Ford Explorer in for repairs that they could not figure out, the manager sat me down in his office and lied to my face about having family where I was from, and then tried to force a sale of a new vehicle on me that I did not want or need. When I pressed him to just fix my vehicle, I left and did not hear back from them for weeks, until they finally discovered how to fix the electrical issue. I'll NEVER go here again or EVER recommend anyone ever deal with them.

GS
GARY S.
Waimanalo, HI
Ford F250
09/19/2019
No pressure sale man
The day I bought the truck noticed 2 small chips in paint.Took it to the service manager. He took pictures and sent it in to Ford factory for approval.2 weeks later they fired him. The new service manager did not follow up on his clients. 3 months went by . So i scheduled the first serviciing,and the noted that the chip was on file.So they scheduled and I rented a car for a week.They called me the same day and said my car was done. That the manager will email me that Ford declined to fix the chip . Of course if he tried to submit 4 months after the fact. Well I went home he had no documentation of Ford declining the repair. It was not on the invoice for the service. He told me a lie and never contacted me with proof of Ford declining the repair. So i was stuck with the rent a car bill for that week. He only wanted to do a quick service collect the money and left me flat.To lie to a customer is the most not trustworthy of Ford to do

HR
HANNAH R.
09/18/2019
Lack of communication
My car was being serviced to receive a new battery. Jamie, my technician, had called to inform me that it was ready for pickup. I called him back at 2p to request the shuttle service to pickup my car. He asked me for my pickup address, which I gave & had him repeat back to me to be sure it was correct. At 2:45p I called back as I had received no contact from the driver. Jamie told me that there was traffic & I would be picked up shortly. Another driver called at 3p to let me know he was 15 minutes away. At 3:30p I reached back out to the driver, as he had not yet arrived. He said there was traffic but he was 5 minutes away. However, the address that Jamie had given him was an incorrect address (an address that I’ve attempted to change in Fords database multiple times). So even though I reiterated my address to Jamie multiple times, he still gave the driver the incorrect one & it took over two hours total to be picked up. I was definitely not pleased. Honolulu Ford continues to make errors that just do not lead to customer satisfaction.

RONALD C.
Mililani, HI
09/15/2019
Inexperienced Technicians
2018 Ford Explorer has been in service with Honolulu Ford for an A/C issue for over 7 weeks now. Rear Evaporator, Front Evaporator, Temp Sensor, A/C Control Module and Temp Control Module. All parts listed above have been changed and A/C still does not work properly. I dont think diagnostic work has been done and techs who change parts to find the problem are not experienced in my opinion. If any real diagnostic work was being done they would have found the problem a long time ago. Anyhow, I want a replacement Ford Explorer under State of Hawaii Lemon Law that states any new vehicle in service for more than 30 consective days is a lemon and intitled to a replacement or buy back from the manufacturer. I will keep you updated on what happens next in the upcoming weeks.

CT
CORBIN T.
Hauula, HI
09/14/2019
A service appointment doesn't mean anything
I brought my truck in right on time at 9:10am as scheduled. I asked when it was going to be done with an oil change and sound check and they couldn't give me a time. The service rep said that there were four cars ahead of mine in line. I asked why there was a line if I brought mine in at the appointment time. He said, "that's just how it is. There is always a line." I said, "so I don't need to make an appointment, I can just bring it in anytime and get in line." He said that I should make an appointment. I said "but it doesn't give my vehicle priority, right?" He said, "Right." I said, "So, I don't need an appointment then." He said, "Well, I guess not." So, I learned that it is probably best to just drop off the vehicle whenever convenient before 4:30pm.

I thought it was nice that the dealer offers a free complimentary shuttle. But, it wasn't available for 30 minutes, so I had to take an Uber. I was able to take the shuttle back from my appointment and that was really convenient. I appreciate the free shuttle, I just need to figure out the best timing service appointment / shuttle to bring in my vehicle and not have it impact my work day so dramatically. That part is on me. Thank you!

09/07/2019
catering to female customers
I’m a female customer who waited 3 hrs to get an oil change and along with another female who waited 2 hrs for an oil change. We both noticed how people who worked there seem to have no problem walking up to the male customers and telling them their car was almost done. Nobody came up to us and updated us on anything. We had to go up to someone and ask someone if our car was ready. And when we did our car was ready. We were upset because what if we didn’t go up and ask. Would we have waited another 10-40mins.

Hauula, HI
09/06/2019
UPGRADE SERVICE
Ford Honolulu the renovation of building is nice but ur Customer Service needs Big time Renovation!!! Service is slow, came iin for simple oil change took 3hours.

Ewa Beach, HI
08/31/2019
LONG WAIT
My appointment was at 10:30AM my car was not finished until 1:20pm. I asked how much longer around 12:15pm and the gentleman said about another 30 mins. Finally at 1:00pm. I don’t understand why we make appointments if cars are still going to take 3 hours to finish. I just came in for an oil change. If this is the case the person making the appointment should let us know of the wait time.

SY
SHAWN Y.
Ford Edge
08/30/2019
Very unreasonable price & short of parts
Compared with Nissan、BMW service I have experienced , Ford was the worst time ever

08/27/2019
Worst experience EVER!
I took my car in for a rough idle (this is the 3rd time they're going to look at it) and it took almost 3 weeks for them to figure out what was wrong! THEN, when they called me to pick up my car, I was going up the Likelike and my car over heated!
And on top of that, being they had my car for almost 3 weeks, they could've done my safety check since my car was sitting at Ford waiting on parts!
I went to a carwash and the guy noticed my expired safety check and asked if I wanted to get it done there. THAT'S SERVICE!
The service team before was on it! They would notice an expired safety check and do it for you, no questions asked!

This was THE worst experience I have ever had with this company!

WC
WILLIAM C.
Ford Flex
08/26/2019
Was put in a dangerous situation... After servicepick up
The front tires we not bolted down. As I drove away, there was loud noise. Sounded like I was driving with Flat tires.

I did my gel safe at all. I immediately drove back to the dealership.