CT
CLIFFORD T.
Kailua, HI
Ford Expedition
01/21/2020
You will get a good deal on the sales floor, only to be ripped off in the finance office.
We wanted a van like the one we bought, It was not our intention to buy as early as we did. The Sales man (ERICK) did his best to get us into the Expedition in question. The finance manager convinced us that we could not finance the vehicle without buying a $5500 Service contract that covers only 48000 miles, which will cover about three years driving back and forth to work. He again sold us a $649.00 lifetime oil change, and a$750.00 3 for 1. All three contract overlapped. We bought a vehicle, a 2017 model, yet we were charge $25.00 for a safety inspection that expires this year. There is a $75,00 charge for floor mats, there is no floor mats in the vehicle. We owned a 2013 Ford FIESTA, and a 2012, Ford F350. The F350 currently has about 2000.00 miles. I bough it in 2013, I was given all rebates offered by Ford, I did not have to buy an expensive service contract. I leave Windward Ford because after MIKE sold the company, Customer service went to craps. The $5500.00 service contract we were forced to buy is is placing Honolulu Ford on the same level as Windward Ford. I still have to consult our Attorney to see if it was legal to make us buy this contract in order to get the vehicle.

12/31/2019
Some work done, but not all work requested.
Scheduled service online through Honolulu Ford Website. My 2017 Ford Explorer had 74,790 miles. I specifically requested in writing: (1) the 75K mile service; (2); replacement of front left headlight; (3) tire rotation; and, (4) Safety Inspection. At service desk, chose to be upsold to highest level 75k service. Repeated my service needs orally, including replacement of headlight. Later in the day, was told my vehicle would not pass inspection because back right shock was leaking and needed to be replaced. I authorized the work. When vehicle was ready for pick up, I was informed the shock absorber was not in stock, would be ordered and I would receive a follow-up appointment. Fine, no problem. When I got home, I checked the front headlights, only to find out the left front headlight was still out and not replaced. Checked my invoice, no sign that work was done. Called the service agent on his direct number and left a message advising the headlight was not replaced as requested, and asked for a follow-up call to schedule the work. By 2 p.m. the next day, no follow-up call received. Wish I could give a 5 star, probably would have given a 4 or 3.5 if a follow-up call was made and an apology given for work that was not done.

12/15/2019
All day for something that took a few hours
I made an appointment for 8am and got my car back near the close of business and all that was done was to check a noise. I called a few times to check on the status and no answer. I left a voicemail and didnt get a call back until my car was ready to be picked up.

RT
ROBERT T.
Mililani, HI
Ford Fiesta
12/14/2019
Not very convenient.
The service was okay, but in order to avoid at least a three hour wait, even if I had an appointment, I was told to come in when they open at 7:00. What is the point of having an appointment? Just what I want to do on a Saturday morning.

Unless there is some burning reason to have my oil changed at the dealership, I will probably be using one of those oil change franchises where I can get “in and out in 30 minutes”.

12/14/2019
Never again
It was a very frustrating experience and one I will never repeat.

Julia T.
Waianae, HI
11/09/2019
The salesperson was great. Enjoyed working with him. However, after purchasing a new Lariat F150 and before arriving home after my purchase, the engine light was on and no estimate as to when it will be repaired.
I purchased a brand new Ford-150 Lariat and am now concerned it was faulty as the engine light came on just as I left the dealership. I am hoping Ford will make this purchase right. My first purchase was a Ford-350. I am loyal to Ford and would like some reassurance that my recent purchase of a new F-150 Lariat gets immediate attention. I owned the vehicle for an hour before it had to be returned to address the engine light. If not resolved, I would expect a brand new replacement, however this is u known. My salesperson was great and and did what he could, including picking up the truck from my home. However, given the significant value of this purchase, I would have expected the GM to call and apologize or at the very least place a call of concern and offer assurance of my purchase.

Waianae, HI
Ford Transit Van
10/29/2019
Terrible service
We received terrible service at Honolulu Ford. No one called us to keep us updated on the progress of the service. When we called to talk to someone, the service department was closed so the call got routed to the sales department. The sales representative was rude and unprofessional. When we finally received our van back, something was missing from it. Art from the sales department was excellent so we assumed that the service would be excellent, as well. We were sorely mistaken. As a Director of multiple programs, I would want to know if my staff was delivering sub-par services. Thank you for this opportunity to share.

Brian H.
Waipahu, HI
10/16/2019
Service is Lacking
My F150 was in Service for a recall from 10/12-10/15.
Positives: Working with Chris Jackson who provided the type of customer service companies used to take pride in. He wasn’t my advisor, but got my parts that were over 10 weeks on back order in, and got me a rental this time around.
Negatives: Waiting over 10 weeks for a service recall to be handled. It wasn’t addressed until I walked in on 10/8 and was lucky enough to speak with Chris. Service departments lack of attention to detail for reinstalling my running boards backwards. Some technician also left his work rag in the engine bay. I wasn’t aware of this until my wife pointed out that something was hanging from underneath the truck. I’m kinda scared to look under the hood, but will do so tomorrow after I get home from work.

As I mentioned to Chris, when I buy something like a car or truck, I’m buying into the company & the way they treat me...not just the vehicle. With the exception of him, I haven’t been impressed enough to recommend Ford to anyone because I don’t feel like I’m valued as a customer they’re willing to take care of to build loyalty, so why would I want to pass that bad vibe on to a friend or family member.

I know Ford would like loyalty, but they don’t seem willing enough to work for it.

JOSEPH W.
Ford C-Max Energi
10/14/2019
Didn't fix the problem and no return calls.
The employees where friendly but the problem I brought the car in for was not resolved. I called my service adviser (Jaime Domingo) three times and left two messages and he nor anyone else has called me back.

Mazda CX-5
10/11/2019
not the best experience today
1. I made a 7:30am appointment. I got there at 7:29am. I was greeted at 7:50am.
2. A worker tried to get me to spend $30 on a tire rotation. When I told him that Costco will be doing that, he seemed to get mad and said something like, "watch out for Costco..." and made another face of disapproval.
3. The job took over an hour, but that wasn't really the problem. No estimate of how long the job would take was given to me. I could've walked across the street to get breakfast.
4. When the job was done, I was told it would cost $79. I immediately told them it should be free (if it was only an oil change), as I have 'free lifetime oil change'.
5. My car was almost at exactly 35,000 miles. I was actually expecting more done to my car.
6. Overall, impressions I got from the morning were: miscommunication and disorganization. I want to leave reassured that I and my car were taken cared of properly.

I will say that the final worker (the cashier) was friendly and offered an apology for what I was going through...

I will mark a 'yes' for the 'recommend this business to a friend', but not as wholeheartedly as I have in the past.

As I leave this review (which your workers should see to improve), I am hoping I can bring my car back without any fear of retaliation....

AJ
ALLISON J.
Wahiawa, HI
Ford Edge
10/03/2019
Not the friendliest staff
I made an appointment for an oil change and inspection. Got checked in and was told Warren would be right with. Waited for almost 2 hours as I could see my car was done, and went to talk to the person that was supposed to help me. When I asked him, acted like I was bothering him. He told me he would check on it, he never came back to tell me, I approached him again after waiting another 20 mins to see my car was gone, and he said they forgot to do my inspection.
I shouldn't have to be the one to approach and ask about my vehicle, multiple times and be looked at a certain way becasue I am not local or Asian.
There was one woman there who was helping members and keeping them informed at all times. You need more employees like her and not ones who act like we are bothering me.
Its bad for business..

EL
ERLINDO L.
10/03/2019
Trying purchase car but nothing happen
They just let me sign the paperworks waste a lot time...told me I approve already but don't get a car coz says the car will bring to service first but only waiting for nothing..

RK
REGINALD K.
Ford Five Hundred
09/11/2019
Bad communication
For instance last month I did my 6 month check up. At that time I requested for them to put in new windshield wipers. None was changed. So when I went yesterday for my safety check I ask them to change my wipers again. After checking when I got home the wipers was not changed. We have been going to Honolulu Ford for over 40 or so years. We bought 2 Escorts 1 Taurus and now our Ford 500. We do all our 6 months services and safety checks here even our tires and any other thing needed fixing with the cars. All the old service personal is gone every time I come there are all new people. Whatever you are trying to do is not working with the old customers. We like the old way of doing things.

SG
SHAWN G.
Kapolei, HI
Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
09/03/2019
Checking out
It took the service advisor 30 minutes to notice I was standing in front of him to check out. This was only after I acknowledged him.

BRIAN H.
Waipahu, HI
08/06/2019
Frustrating & Inconvenient...
My F-150 had a recall to correct, and neither Ford nor Honolulu Ford would step up to compensate me, the customer, for the inconvenience of having to alter my day and do without transportation for their design error. Instead, I had to adjust my day to fit them in, and settle for a shuttle ride that was late due to a miscommunication (text) between the service department and shuttle driver. The driver was told to contact me at 1pm instead of pick me up at 1pm, which threw yet another wrench into my plans for the day.
Luckily, I was told there are two more recalls on my truck, and that it’s going to take two days to fix once the parts come in. Yay! We’ll see if I get a loaner this time since the truck will be kept overnight. That was their reason for not giving me one on this past visit.
My daughter is about to turn 16 and Ford was a top consideration as a new car for her, but not if I’ll have to deal with recalls, poor customer service, and being majorly inconvenienced.
They put a lot of effort into getting me into their vehicle, but the follow up is poorly lacking. I guess Ford is ok with the “One & Done” mentality of selling their product...with little effort to retain new or returning customers. They must depend on Ford loyalists to keep their sales up. This is the 2nd time Ford has let me down after giving them another chance after 27 years of doing business elsewhere. I sincerely hoped things would be different this time around...guess not. Their won’t be a 3rd time!
I love my truck, but the overall experience with Ford has been a disappointment due to the poor customer service. I was treated much nicer in regard to customer service at The Tony Group awhile back for two other vehicle purchases. Hope things haven’t changed since that’s where I’ll likely be taking my daughter. You need to remember you’re buying more than just the vehicle when purchasing a car!