Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5rating 4.36
4.4

Julia T.
Waianae, HI
11/09/2019
The salesperson was great. Enjoyed working with him. However, after purchasing a new Lariat F150 and before arriving home after my purchase, the engine light was on and no estimate as to when it will be repaired.
I purchased a brand new Ford-150 Lariat and am now concerned it was faulty as the engine light came on just as I left the dealership. I am hoping Ford will make this purchase right. My first purchase was a Ford-350. I am loyal to Ford and would like some reassurance that my recent purchase of a new F-150 Lariat gets immediate attention. I owned the vehicle for an hour before it had to be returned to address the engine light. If not resolved, I would expect a brand new replacement, however this is u known. My salesperson was great and and did what he could, including picking up the truck from my home. However, given the significant value of this purchase, I would have expected the GM to call and apologize or at the very least place a call of concern and offer assurance of my purchase.

Waianae, HI
Ford Transit Van
10/29/2019
Terrible service
We received terrible service at Honolulu Ford. No one called us to keep us updated on the progress of the service. When we called to talk to someone, the service department was closed so the call got routed to the sales department. The sales representative was rude and unprofessional. When we finally received our van back, something was missing from it. Art from the sales department was excellent so we assumed that the service would be excellent, as well. We were sorely mistaken. As a Director of multiple programs, I would want to know if my staff was delivering sub-par services. Thank you for this opportunity to share.

Brian H.
10/16/2019
Service is Lacking
My F150 was in Service for a recall from 10/12-10/15.
Positives: Working with Chris Jackson who provided the type of customer service companies used to take pride in. He wasn’t my advisor, but got my parts that were over 10 weeks on back order in, and got me a rental this time around.
Negatives: Waiting over 10 weeks for a service recall to be handled. It wasn’t addressed until I walked in on 10/8 and was lucky enough to speak with Chris. Service departments lack of attention to detail for reinstalling my running boards backwards. Some technician also left his work rag in the engine bay. I wasn’t aware of this until my wife pointed out that something was hanging from underneath the truck. I’m kinda scared to look under the hood, but will do so tomorrow after I get home from work.

As I mentioned to Chris, when I buy something like a car or truck, I’m buying into the company & the way they treat me...not just the vehicle. With the exception of him, I haven’t been impressed enough to recommend Ford to anyone because I don’t feel like I’m valued as a customer they’re willing to take care of to build loyalty, so why would I want to pass that bad vibe on to a friend or family member.

I know Ford would like loyalty, but they don’t seem willing enough to work for it.

JOSEPH W.
Ford C-Max Energi
10/14/2019
Didn't fix the problem and no return calls.
The employees where friendly but the problem I brought the car in for was not resolved. I called my service adviser (Jaime Domingo) three times and left two messages and he nor anyone else has called me back.

Mazda CX-5
10/11/2019
not the best experience today
1. I made a 7:30am appointment. I got there at 7:29am. I was greeted at 7:50am.
2. A worker tried to get me to spend $30 on a tire rotation. When I told him that Costco will be doing that, he seemed to get mad and said something like, "watch out for Costco..." and made another face of disapproval.
3. The job took over an hour, but that wasn't really the problem. No estimate of how long the job would take was given to me. I could've walked across the street to get breakfast.
4. When the job was done, I was told it would cost $79. I immediately told them it should be free (if it was only an oil change), as I have 'free lifetime oil change'.
5. My car was almost at exactly 35,000 miles. I was actually expecting more done to my car.
6. Overall, impressions I got from the morning were: miscommunication and disorganization. I want to leave reassured that I and my car were taken cared of properly.

I will say that the final worker (the cashier) was friendly and offered an apology for what I was going through...

I will mark a 'yes' for the 'recommend this business to a friend', but not as wholeheartedly as I have in the past.

As I leave this review (which your workers should see to improve), I am hoping I can bring my car back without any fear of retaliation....

AJ
ALLISON J.
Wahiawa, HI
Ford Edge
10/03/2019
Not the friendliest staff
I made an appointment for an oil change and inspection. Got checked in and was told Warren would be right with. Waited for almost 2 hours as I could see my car was done, and went to talk to the person that was supposed to help me. When I asked him, acted like I was bothering him. He told me he would check on it, he never came back to tell me, I approached him again after waiting another 20 mins to see my car was gone, and he said they forgot to do my inspection.
I shouldn't have to be the one to approach and ask about my vehicle, multiple times and be looked at a certain way becasue I am not local or Asian.
There was one woman there who was helping members and keeping them informed at all times. You need more employees like her and not ones who act like we are bothering me.
Its bad for business..

EL
ERLINDO L.
10/03/2019
Trying purchase car but nothing happen
They just let me sign the paperworks waste a lot time...told me I approve already but don't get a car coz says the car will bring to service first but only waiting for nothing..

RK
REGINALD K.
Ford Five Hundred
09/11/2019
Bad communication
For instance last month I did my 6 month check up. At that time I requested for them to put in new windshield wipers. None was changed. So when I went yesterday for my safety check I ask them to change my wipers again. After checking when I got home the wipers was not changed. We have been going to Honolulu Ford for over 40 or so years. We bought 2 Escorts 1 Taurus and now our Ford 500. We do all our 6 months services and safety checks here even our tires and any other thing needed fixing with the cars. All the old service personal is gone every time I come there are all new people. Whatever you are trying to do is not working with the old customers. We like the old way of doing things.

SG
SHAWN G.
Kapolei, HI
Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
09/03/2019
Checking out
It took the service advisor 30 minutes to notice I was standing in front of him to check out. This was only after I acknowledged him.

BRIAN H.
08/06/2019
Frustrating & Inconvenient...
My F-150 had a recall to correct, and neither Ford nor Honolulu Ford would step up to compensate me, the customer, for the inconvenience of having to alter my day and do without transportation for their design error. Instead, I had to adjust my day to fit them in, and settle for a shuttle ride that was late due to a miscommunication (text) between the service department and shuttle driver. The driver was told to contact me at 1pm instead of pick me up at 1pm, which threw yet another wrench into my plans for the day.
Luckily, I was told there are two more recalls on my truck, and that it’s going to take two days to fix once the parts come in. Yay! We’ll see if I get a loaner this time since the truck will be kept overnight. That was their reason for not giving me one on this past visit.
My daughter is about to turn 16 and Ford was a top consideration as a new car for her, but not if I’ll have to deal with recalls, poor customer service, and being majorly inconvenienced.
They put a lot of effort into getting me into their vehicle, but the follow up is poorly lacking. I guess Ford is ok with the “One & Done” mentality of selling their product...with little effort to retain new or returning customers. They must depend on Ford loyalists to keep their sales up. This is the 2nd time Ford has let me down after giving them another chance after 27 years of doing business elsewhere. I sincerely hoped things would be different this time around...guess not. Their won’t be a 3rd time!
I love my truck, but the overall experience with Ford has been a disappointment due to the poor customer service. I was treated much nicer in regard to customer service at The Tony Group awhile back for two other vehicle purchases. Hope things haven’t changed since that’s where I’ll likely be taking my daughter. You need to remember you’re buying more than just the vehicle when purchasing a car!

Ford Flex
08/04/2019
Waited forever just for an oil change
I was the first person in with an appointment just for an oil change. Waited outside for my car for 2 hours others that came after me left before me and they had the same thing done because we talked while waiting for our cars. I went to ask for ETA and the worker said he will be right back and never came back. I brought this package to get the oil changed when we got the car but I think I was better off going somewhere else wasted 2 hours of my life.

Wailuku, HI
Ford Fiesta
07/27/2019
An Unfortunate Day
If it weren't for "Leon" and Anthony Salazar, the reception/service/quality control was far below par of what I had come to expect from Honolulu Ford. Leon was nice enough to chat concerning the problem I came in for while I waited for an attendant to greet and serve me. Apparently, the unsaid attendant in charge of my reception was too busy to bother. After approximately 10 minutes I approached him to ask for assistance with the acceptance paperwork that needed to be done...he matter of factually seemed to disturbed at my request for assistance, seemed quite bothered at my asking and asked me quite abruptly to sit in the waiting room, as to him it was obvious that he was quite busy with other paperwork that needed to be completed. I did not notice that the gentleman who was in line behind me somehow was being attended by Anthony Salazar, another reception attendant working that morning, but not in his booth at the time I arrived. Apparently, the gentleman behind me met Mr. Salazar outside and got him to attend to his needs while I was inside following what I thought was protocol. When the gentleman behind me came in to the waiting room, I asked him if he got in, was he served? His answer was to the affirmative as his car was driven around mind into the service bay area. I watched in disappointment. I then approached the above referenced unnamed "very busy" reception attendant to express that I was not happy at what had just happened, and he seemed to me really not care. He seemed to not know what was going on. So I told him that the gentleman behind me in line had been served and his car was off to be serviced. He asked me, "Who was behind me?" I did not want to indicate who the gentleman was, as before coming into the service department we had struck up a nice conversation and I did not want to cause any problems for him. As I was looking out and watching the car behind me drive ahead, Mr. Salazar came in, saw what was happening with the discussion I was having with the unnamed receptionist, and quickly asked if he could help, took me to his booth, asked me my name, and asked if I had been a customer in the past. I told him I was a regular customer, gave him my name, and he promptly got my service order ready and proceeded to ask what the problem was. I told him that my battery needed to be check, as battery corrosion had built up quite extensively since the last service on the positive terminal of the battery, and it had to be cleaned and the battery tested. If the battery was in a unreliable state, I would agree to have a new battery installed. Finally, with all that been completed in record time, my vehicle was off to the bay area to have the maintenance done.
A while later, Mr Salazar returned to tell me the horrible news. For what I had come in for, what I thought would be a small problem that a little cleaning could correct turned into a what eventually ended up as a total bill of $770.40. He informed me that the battery was leaking acid, and the battery acid had decayed the Wiring Assembly Harness causing rusted and broken pieces. Unfortunately the entire harness had to be replaced. When I brought my vehicle in, I did not notice any broken pieces on the contact to the positive battery terminal, however, heavy corrosion was perhaps covering these alleged broken pieces, or while the mechanic disconnected the positive battery clamp, it fell apart. The shock was what it would cost for the Wiring Assembly Harness, a whopping $594.49!! That I did NOT expect, however, I was caught between the "proverbial rock and hard place." Of course I had to order that a new battery be installed for reliability, and had to order the new Wiring Assy Harness, I really had no choice. I now have to wait till the new harness arrives, so the job can be completed. I authorize both the installation of the new battery and the ordering of the new harness. With the new battery installed, Mr. Salazar kindly gave me my keys, told me that neither the battery, nor the harness was under warranty and the horrendous bill which I paid and then proceeded to leave the establishment.
While riding home I noticed a few strange issues. The open door alert on the dash would not turn off, even after I stopped on the road home to check all the doors. The dome light would not extinguish, and by the time I got home it was very hot to the touch. When I turned off the ignition, it remained illuminated. The clock was not reset. There was battery acid residue over the passenger side fender of my vehicle, which I later showed Mr. Salazar, along with a scratch to the hood of my vehicle that was not there when I brought in my car back to get the issues corrected. It was a small scratch and told Mr. Salazar I could live with it, but I hoped that the acid residue would have been washed off, it was not. While handing me my keys for a second time, Mr. Salazar said that the computer had not been reset. In my mind, I concluded that the Quality Control of the maintenance department repairs as the supervisor had definitely NOT confirmed the repairs before rolling out my vehicle to me. It was now about 1:30 PM, (I had gotten to the service department at about 8:45 AM), I was tired, and wanted to get some lunch and away from Honolulu Ford. To say the least, I was NOT pleased at all, although Mr. Salazar tried his best.
The next question below asks if I would recommend this business to a friend? My answer is a result of today's fiasco ONLY. I have had excellent service and mediocre service in the past, but I would rate today's a D-, and would NOT recommend this business to anyone much less my friends. My advice to them would be, "Buy a HONDA", my friend religiously recommends Pacific Honda for my next vehicle.

GS
GORDON S.
05/20/2019
Poor service for extended warraty work
I initially brought my vehicle in for extended warranty work on the A/C, back up camera and for a whining sound. My vehicle was originally purchased from Honolulu Ford. After two days, I was told they had to order parts. Parts would take 5 - 7 business days to come in. That means they were ordered with surface delivery instead of flying the parts in. Previously, they would keep the vehicle there while waiting for the parts. I now ask for the vehicle back while the parts are coming. I called to check on delivery periodically and after 3 weeks, I was told the parts were in. I brought the vehicle in for the repair and got it back after another week. When I got it back. the A/C worked great. The back up camera still didn't work and they couldn't duplicate the whining sound. I took a drive with the Service Manager, and he immediately heard the whining sound. He also saw that the back up camera still didn't work. After another two week wait for parts, I brought the vehicle back in for the repairs. When I called to check on it the third day it was in, I was told they needed to order a seal for the back up camera. Why it wasn't ordered with the back up camera, I don't know. They flew in the part and I was able to pick up my vehicle at the end of the fourth day. They were spot on with the whining sound, replacing the power steering pump. The back up camera worked again also. All this seven weeks from when I first brought in the vehicle.
There were two bright spots during the repair process. My Service Advisor, Kyle was, as always, very friendly and responded immediately to my questions and inquiries. Chris, the new Service Manager, was also honest, straight forward and addressed my problems right away. I will bring my vehicle back to Honolulu Ford for future work, as it is the most convenient Dealership location for me. I just plan ahead, knowing it will take at least 3 - 4 weeks for any repair work.

LL
LESLEY N L.
Ford Freestyle
05/18/2019
100,000 mile maintenance
The service I was able to receive today was ok. But being that my car has reached over 100,000 miles, I would have expected that the techs would take extra care on making sure things are functioning and working well. And if there was a need to leave my car there for any repairs, I would've expected that. Now here's my problem:

For most of my experiences there in taking the same car I've had for over 10 years, it blows me away that in recent visits, I still have the same "squeaky brake issue" where I am constantly hearing it everyday, especially in the morning, and at random throughout the day when I use my breaks. I've always mentioned this to the service provider, and yet no one seems to hear it. But besides that tidbit which may never get resolved, here is what really reached the top of my list:

Today, 5.18.19, when I'm picking up my car, and as soon as I turn the wheel, there is an obnoxious sound where it basically sounds like a cow on it's death bed. Granted, I should've stopped and come back and have someone look at it. But why would I spend more money when I just had my husband help me pay my bill that totaled over $500+. If I turned back, would I have been charged more? I don't know. Maybe yes, maybe no.....

What makes it a little more complicated and confusing for me is that I texted the service provided when I got home, sent him a video of what my husband recorded. I did get a response, but basically the answer I got was "it sounds like the steering pump is starting to fail." My follow up question to him was - "was this not part of the check up service?" His response - "if its an internal failure he wouldn't have caught it unless he saw it leaking power steering fluid."

Ok, I get that. But this sound started as soon as I was turning my wheel at Ford. In the days, weeks, leading up to today, I've not heard that sound before. My steering wheel has not had any issues. You mean to tell me that whoever drove my car up from the shop to the parking spot didn't notice the sound or feel tension on the wheel as you have to turn it into the parking spot? Did you honestly expect me, the customer, who just dished out over $500 to go back and say "hey, there's another problem now with my car?" How would you, the service provider, respond?

Something had happened to my car while it was being serviced, and now my steering wheel sounds like something horrible is happening to it. I don't think I want to return to Ford anymore given that in recent years, a lot of good people who were excellent in customer service, who really took care of not only myself, but the rest of my family, they all left for various reasons. What also bothers me is that knowing I have texted the service provider and letting him know what happened, and he has the video I sent him, did not offer to tell me to come back, lets try to see if we can rectify this matter. If you figured out what may be wrong based on my video, why wouldn't offer to tell me to come back? Is it because I should've stopped - perhaps? Maybe it was my fault because I don't know very much about cars. I was thinking maybe I just needed to get it going because you put in steering wheel fluid and the sound would eventually stop.

I've been in customer service for over 20 years, and in that time, if you want people to come back, or you want to try and work with someone to fix a problem, then the best thing to do is offer that support. Offer that sincerity that you want to help because you never want make someone feel like they just dished their money and their time for nothing.

I am not expecting a refund, nor am I expecting a response. I just wanted to voice my concern, and hope that this does not happen again.

05/15/2019
I had my car in for a six moth service, safer check and recall repair. When I picked the car up I noticed they had disconnected the battery because my clock was slow and my phone didn’t work. I tried for over a half hour to sync my phone to no avail. I tried to call service and the just kept ringing. I finally used live chat and was told that someone would get to me shortly. After waiting four hours I called again and finally spoke to my service advisor. He said when did I want to bring it back? It hadn’t been out for 24 hours. I cannot believe that they do not thoroughly check the cars before they tell you it is ready. This isn’t the first time this has happened ether.

CT
COLLEEN T.
04/23/2019
No Car Wash
Tire got blown out and needed to be replaced Wednesday afternoon. My fleet company, Wheels demanded a cheaper tire, so car wasn't ready until late Friday. On Friday, not enough time to make it to dealership to pickup car. Didn't get it until Monday morning. Car was filthy. No car wash!

04/11/2019
Not about the customer
Over priced high monthly payments and vehicle options was not explained