Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5rating 4.36
4.4

JIM M.
Lincoln Town Car
11/08/2019
HonFord Service... so sad
The part that the dealership ordered to repair my car came in on a Wednesday, three days after I had left my car with them. On Friday, I was told by the service advisor that the part was supposed to have consisted of two components but only one component had been sent to the dealership. The service advisor said they were having the missing component "overnighted" to them from the mainland. It arrived five days later. For that, I was charged $25 "freight" charge. I texted my service advisor each day for an update, but he never responded. He did not respond to my voicemail, and never accepted my phone calls. I finally called the service manager who explained what was going on. with my car. I was charged almost a thousand dollars to replace the high pressure power brake line. When I went to drive my car away, I noticed that it had not been washed, and that the mechanic had apparently not put anything down on the carpet to protect it from his greasy workboots; there is a lot of grease ground into the carpet on the drivers side. I have tried oxyclean and Resolve carpet cleaner and Greased Lightning oil emulsifier, and nothing works to get the grease out. With HonFord Service department, there's always something.

11/06/2019
Greasy car mat
I expect my car to be clean as I brought it in. Mentioned twice to place a paper mat on floor.

SHANENON M.
Ford Edge
10/30/2019
Just want to share. No call or reply needed.
My vehicle is a leased white ford edge. My oil change took two hours. It seemed to be the standard time table... I walked up to my car and notice black grease on the door handle then on the gear shift. Didn't make a deal of it. Went back inside to pay and notice the mechanic wearing rubber gloves completely covered in dirty oil and grit. Just like Subway employees the gloves come off after each job and is replaced with clean ones... It took me about 15 minutes of wiping cleaning and rubbing to realize how hard dirty oil is to come off of a white car.

Was not trying to complain. Just asking that they take off the dirty rubber gloves before driving the car back to the customer.

BRIAN H.
Waipahu, HI
10/16/2019
So so....
It was wonderful working with Chris Jackson even though he wasn't my Service Advisor. He tracked down what was missing from a recall that took place nearly 3 months ago, and they got my parts in and my truck was in for service 4 days later. So I'd give Chris 5+ stars, but 1 star on the company's follow through before him stepping in.

I got my F150 back only to find that the service department removed and reinstalled my running boards on the wrong side, which basically makes them backwards and not line up properly. I'll have to take care of this tomorrow. Another inconvenience.

JESSE S.
Waipahu, HI
10/12/2019
Got a service done... not impressed.
I've owned Mazda's and Honda's in the past and they at least gave courtesy car washes after the service was complete. I always have to remind the Gord clerk at the end that I bought lifetime engine oil changes from you people... like writing up the bill I guess. And somebody left an oil stain on the ceiling of my trucks cab. Small stain but sore thumb on a beige material. Honolulu Fords facilities is nice but I saw my truck parked when completed and didnt get the keys back until 30 minutes later. Hope it gets better, I bought a lifetime of services from you. Buying a truck from you guys was a great experience.... the maintenance of my truck with you guys, not so great.

Ford Transit Wagon
10/01/2019
It’s not the same as before
My car had wrong contact they threw all my bags and knee brace that was stored in over head compartment in back seat I have pictures. I gave permission to remove them he said it would be in the front seat and he doesn’t know if they will put it back at least that’s what our advisor said. Got the car back in worse shape looks wise then when I took it in. And this is the second time same thing. Management needs to steep in.

BK
BARBARA K.
Aiea, HI
09/27/2019
O. K.
Service could be improved. Example on initial responding to your recall, it took3 days to determine the problem. That’s an inconvenience for those working or relying on iits use. Compound that with not having the parts and needing to wait . The not knowing, in limbo can be frustrating.

A loaner and availabity of your curtesy car can help, although I didn’t know you also would send it out to pick up a customer too.

WS
WAYNE S.
Ford Expedition EL
09/25/2019
once again poor communication
Ends up the car wasn't finished by the end of the day and no one told me. How nice.

09/24/2019
I have taken my car in for service at least twice and a third appt is scheduled to fix the same problem. Now another problem has occurred and the original problem is a little better, but still exists.
My initial experience with Ford was outstanding. But lately, I am not happy with the service department (the actual fixing of the car). I just want car to work properly. I want someone to listen to my explanation of the mechanical problem and fix it. i am greatly for the warranty coverage. If not, I am sure I would be charged thousands of dollars with the problem reoccurring. Also, the service rep doesn't give estimates of how long it may take to fix it until it's the day is almost over. Of course, a rental car may be needed at our own expense. I like to think that there is always hope (room for improvement), but that remains to be seen.

Wahiawa, HI
08/17/2019
Majority of staff is helpful. The staff that is not is why I am writing this review.
Carlo in service was very helpful. Provided accurate information.
Pat, the parts manager, was also very helpful and easy to speak with over the phone.
I missed the finance guys name who helped me with my GAP, but he too was very helpful and nice.
Jamie, this is the one I take issue with. Jamie works in the service department. He is an older man that appeared to be inconvenienced by doing his job. Not sure if he is always like this. He wasn't rude, but gave off a demeanor that he did not car to deal with at least me.

08/11/2019
Take too long 5 hours
Appt at 9,they called at 2pm car is done, 5hours what happen? Only oil change and routine checks,went inside new office,nobody were helpful trying to find cashier.my previous visit was execellent,took only 2hours and your staffs were very helpful and friendly

GS
GARY S.
Ford Fiesta
08/10/2019
My review
The service writter was pleasant and did a good job but prior to seeing me the rest of the staff i felt was very rude and uncaring

Ford Transit Wagon
08/05/2019
HONOLULU FORD
THEY'RE ALMOST DONE WITH A SERVICE AREA/WAITING ROOM/FRONT FACADE RENOVATION. SO I THINK THAT'S WHY THERE'S NO SIGN/SIGNS SAYING WHERE THINGS ARE. LIKE 'SERVICE', 'WAITING ROOM', 'CASHIER' , NOT EVEN SURE IF I SAW A RESTROOM SIGN EITHER. AND YOU NEED TO REDO YOUR ENTRANCE/EXIT TO AND FROM THE ROADWAY, KINDA CLOGGED.

MT
MICHAEL T.
08/03/2019
Long wait
Came in for a scheduled appointment oil change at 10:20am, my truck was not touched for almost an hour. Why make an appointment and bring my truck in at agreed scheduled time if it sits untouched for and hour, also no explanation on the delay. My service guy Anthony never introduced himself or updated me while I waited for it to be serviced. Not good customer service

07/26/2019
Regular service and recall work
Changes implemented in customer service has left off the customer. Rating of 3 is for the prompt efficient work on the vehicle work promised by four was done before noon. Check-in, with an appointment, should not be done with someone short of full hearing and irritable. Following initial check-in, once past appointment time, an inquiry resulted in: "just hold on, we'll get to you." Upon arrival of service adviser to area - name is being shouted from the doorway, which i quess is okay but compared to prior where advisers had paperwork in their hand and looked for vehicle either via license or recognition of some sorts.

OF
OMAR F.
Medical Center, HI
06/26/2019
Helpful staff but had a long wait time
In general, I find this place to be good. They are helpful and the service department is open on Saturdays. On my most recent visit on 26JUN19 for routine maintenance and a safety check, I waited for five hours. My appointment was at 0730 and I left the service department at 1215. If I had known it was going to take so long I would have gone home and returned later. Honolulu Ford has a complimentary shuttle service, so that would have been possible. I believe the cause of the long wait time was due to miscommunication/misunderstanding. I now know I have to be an advocate for myself and speak up if things are not going as expected. I believe it is better to speak up early than to be upset later. I've scheduled services with Honolulu Ford before and they have been timely and professional all other times.

Ford C-Max Energi
06/22/2019
Service is good but telephone system sucks
My service advisor was good and explained everything. But when I tried to get a shuttle I had problems. Told advisor I needed shuttle. After waiting 1/2 hr with no call I tried calling again but after no answer I called the main line and connected to service dept. After waiting through 4 rounds of ringing and no answer I hung up and called advisor and left message. After 20 mins and no call I tried another round of calls. After 3 rounds of rings someone answered and told him still waiting and that I had to be back in and hour for s meeting. After 15 more mins I finally called an Uber. 10 mins later the shuttle driver calls. Too late. I barely made it back on time for my meeting. Bottom line answer the phone.

Pearl City, HI
Ford Edge
06/21/2019
I took my car in to be serviced and asked how long it would take. Serviceman said a little over an hour and asked me if I was going to wait and I said yes. I proceeded to the customer waiting area and waited over 2 hrs. I saw my car being driven to the from upon completion but no one came to get me. After waiting about 20 min I finally got up and asked if my car was done. The receptionist said they were doing the paperwork. about 5-10 minutes later I finally drove off the lot. When I got home my husband said they called him to let him know the car was done! He told them that his wife was there waiting since the time she dropped it off! I think maybe they should on their communications??????
I do appreciate the service done on my car though.

VK
VIRGINE K.
Kapolei, HI
06/01/2019
Service/Maintenance
Professional Advisor assigned was helpful and service/maintenance was completed in timely manner during this appointment, they even identified a bad battery that I was unaware of, so kudos! As for my prior service appointment, I requested the tires to be replaced because they very shredding rubber, the advisor informed me that Ford would replace free of charge (they knew of this issue with this brand of tire) but the service could not be completed at this time because they had none in stock and he would have to order them. Now this current service again I requested the tires be changed due to the same issue 3 months prior, was very Disappointed that a new policy requires an authorization before the tires can be replaced free of charge which I was originally told Ford would handle. So if Ford knows these tires are substandard, worthless and unsafe to begin with why would you even put them on new vehicles??? As in a recall issue Ford should automatically replace this brand of tires that are on vehicles leased!

PB
PETER B.
Kaneohe, HI
04/27/2019
Good Mechanics; poor customer phone skills!
You guys do a good job on the mechanics, but REALLY suck on trying to make a service appointment. It is impossible to get through on the phone. It took me 4 tries! Literally, I had to call back 4 times.
I actually tried to go to the Kailua Ford dealership but they could not do a safety check. That's the ONLY reason I didn't go there. Getting the phone thing fixed seems so easy, I don't understand why you guys can't get it done. It was the same way when I had to do the last service.

peter burns