Overall Rating 4.74074/5Overall Rating 4.74074/5Overall Rating 4.74074/5Overall Rating 4.74074/5rating 4.74074
Overall Rating 2.25926/5Overall Rating 2.25926/5rating 2.25926rating 2.25926rating 2.25926

Buford, GA
07/30/2019 Category: Service
Needs improvement
My car experienced knocking that has been an issue with the 2014 Sonata engines. I had the car towed to the dealership on Friday, 6/21 in Anderson, SC as that's where I was visiting. I live 80 miles away in Buford, GA. The dealership made no attempts to contact me on Friday. On Saturday, I called first thing in the morning and was told it would be covered under the warranty. The dealership KNEW that I was not local though NO attempt was made to arrange a rental car on Saturday either. I had to find my own transportation back to GA on Sat. On Monday, I contacted the dealership first thing in the morning. Around noon after 3 phone calls, I finally connected with Enterprise to get me a car. The communication was so poor that I requested to have my car towed to my dealership close by only to be told that would be at MY expense. I also had to call the corporate offices to contact me once a week (Which they did) because the dealership did not update me as to the status of the car.
Once the car was fixed, I was contacted and retrieved my vehicle. The car sat on the dealerships back lot for more than a month. I got in the vehicle from the back of the car so when I arrived home, I noticed a bracket underneath the front passenger side wheel hanging down. I immediately went to my service dealership where they told me to contact Anderson as the under carriage was damaged. I told the corporate office on their next call to review my satisfaction. He called the dealership and they said it was not on the lot. Regardless of if it happened on their lot or when it was towed by their service, my car was not sent to the dealership with visible damage with the fallen bracket. Just one more thing to add to the list. I am normally happy with the Hyundai service and maybe it's a difference in dealerships, small town vs big town attitude, but I think the communication could be improved and to replace an undercarriage for the dealership at cost seems appropriate, but I am now going to have another expense.
You asked about the cleanliness of the facilities. The bathroom was backed up, so I had to use the mens room. The coffee for waiting clients was not available when I arrived 30 minutes after opening. It seems this facility is extremely understaffed with the failed communication and these last items.
Brandon D. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 07/31/2019

If possible I would like the chance to speak with you regarding your experience. I will be in touch this week in hopes that we can resolve these issues for you.

RD
Ray D.
Hartwell, GA
2013 Hyundai Genesis
04/05/2019 Category: Service
Just a little care when installing a new battery by tightening the positive lead.
The sinking feeling when there is NO electrical power in your Genesis that you've parked on the street to get the mail is palpable.
Brandon D. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 04/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this afternoon. I sincerely apologize for your experience. I know this was a stressful situation and unfortunately our team failed at handling this properly for you. If there is anything I can do to assist you in the future, please let me know and I would be more than happy to help you. Thank you for your loyalty.

LC
Lucas C.
Walhalla, SC
04/01/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai of Anderson Sucks
All around the worst experience we have ever had with a dealership
Brandon D. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 04/01/2019

It was a pleasure speaking with you today and I sincerely apologize for the issues you faced in buying your new car and here in service. Please reach out to me with any questions or concerns and I look forward to speaking with you in the future.

Skip H.
Belton, SC
2013 Hyundai Tucson
02/11/2019 Category: Service
The Hyundai vehicles are Great!
The three Hyundai vehicles have been excellent, with this new purchase included. Service, however is another issue and NOT a positive one! That said, I'd highly recommend the Hyundai vehicles to anyone - our daughter has had two and we are on our third, with this being the first through this dealership. I'd recommend the Dealer for purchase but NOT, at this time, for SERVICE!
Erik S., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 02/28/2019

It was a pleasure to speak with you on the phone today. I apologize againg for the experience you had in our service department and look forward to helping you in the future.

RE
Robert E.
Central, SC
12/15/2018 Category: Service
Terrible communication
I was told my service would take 30 minutes and therefore waited for my car to be serviced when they made an adjustment to my cars service plan. They did not tell me that this minor work would add an extra 2.5 hours to my visit which caused me to have to take vacation from my work to sit and wait for "sealant to dry." Of course I was charged over $100/hr to sit there and waste my vacation time. Any communication about this experience would have at least saved me my day but not the over $300 dollar bill on a stop that was expected to cost $40. This is largely due to the fact that I was only there because my Sonata had ANOTHER recall, at least over 10 in the past 4 years. I would not recommend getting your car serviced here, maybe if it's the closest dealership and you have a recall done you can get the recall done there but I would not let them do anything else to your vehicle.
Erik S., SERVICE MANAGER from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 12/17/2018

I do apologize your last visit to Hyundai of Anderson was far from perfect I am working on the issue at hand and will be reaching out by phone for further info
Again thanks for info
Erik Sweet
Hundai of Anderson

SJ
Sandra J.
2017 Hyundai Accent
09/05/2018 Category: Service

09/05/2018 Category: Service
Thanks for the open communication.
I appreciate Chris, and the open communication we had to talk about the problem. My son is happy also.
Chris M., Service Manager from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 09/06/2018

I would first like to apologize for our error during your service visit.  I have spoken with the service advisor and he confirmed what you mentioned.  He did say that he had spoken with you but that the appointment wasn't amended to show the need for a tire repair.  He also confirmed that it was not mentioned at the time of check-in and that he in fact did not remember to put it on the repair order.  Our standard inspection procedure includes checking and setting the tire pressures.  The tire pressures were above specification and the tire warning light was not on at the time of the visit so the technician did not inspect for any nails because the tire pressures appeared ok.

I don't say that to excuse what happened because I take your concerns very seriously.  There was definitely a breakdown in communication and I sincerely apologize for that.  We have taken steps to improve the appointment making and check-in processes to try to prevent these issues from occuring again.

We do want our customers to be treated like family and we want to address and remedy any errors that we make in the process.

I would love to speak with you about this and see what steps that we could take to remedy this situation for you.

Please give me a call or email me at chris@hyundaiofanderson.com.

All my best,
Chris Moore
864-642-0900
Chris M., Service Manager from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 09/10/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me and for giving me the opportunity to rectify the situation.  I look forward to serving you again in the future and if you should need anything please do not hesitate to give me a call.

All my best,
Chris Moore
864-642-0900

YC
Yaika C.
2016 Hyundai Genesis Co
06/29/2018 Category: Service
Poor customer service
Not pleased with the customer service I would t return to Hyundai of anderson
Cynthia O. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 06/29/2018

I apologize for the rudeness you experienced with our employees.It is a personal goal of mine to ensure every customer is treated with kindness and respect. It also seems that they were unprepared for your needs upon your arrival.  There may be some confusion about the details of your service and I would like to discuss them with you personally.  Please call me at 864-209-9565. Thank you for your response.

BC
Billy C.
Belton, SC
06/25/2018 Category: Service
Poor service
After waiting almost 2 hours for a oil change that I made a appointment for ..the service was not complete . When I call the service department I was told I could do it myself..
Cynthia O. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 06/25/2018

I apologize for the miscommunication from our employees in our Service Center along with the missed oil life reset. It is never our policy or attitude for customers to do it themselves.
Please call me personally to dicuss. Ask for Cynthia at 864-642-0900.

CD
Carol D.
Martin, GA
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/11/2018 Category: Service
none
none
Cynthia O. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 06/11/2018

I apologize for the miscommunication you experienced with our Service Department.  It is always no appointment neccesary with our customers. I will reach out to you concerning your visit. It is always our goal to make sure you are completely satisfied and nothing less than a stellar experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and again my apologies on behalf of our team.

LG
Lucian G.
Clemson, SC
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/05/2018 Category: Service
Pretty poor service all around
They tried to do a number on me (charge me $25 more that the normal oil service price) after making me wait 2 hours inside the dealership without an explanation or apology.
Cynthia O. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 06/05/2018

You have serviced with us for many years. We certainly do respect you and we're sorry this visit did not meet your expectations. I will reach out directly to review your concerns.

Our prices recently increased with the National average and this fact should have been disclosed to you. Again, my deepest apologies on behalf of the Company as a team!

Angela M.
2016 Hyundai Veloster
04/16/2018 Category: Service
Nothing
I do think that will be my last time going to your dealership.
Roy Z. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 04/16/2018

Sorry about your last visit, I will call you to get more details and correct the situation

Jon T.
Abbeville, SC
2013 Hyundai Elantra Co
11/15/2017 Category: Service
Missed Opportunity for Greatness
I always am willing to accept mistakes, I just recommend double checking your work.
Roy Z. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 11/15/2017

Thank you for your responce, I will contact you about the check engine light to resolve.

Seneca, SC
2016 Hyundai Accent
07/05/2017 Category: Service
Hyndai is good but this dealership is NOT.
Promise the world when you are buying but fails to deliver afterwards. Be very careful that you get everything in writing and hold them to it. Wish I had never bought from them. I should have known better by the physical condition of the dealership and the high pressure from the sales rep and finance manager and listened to my intuition. Tried to cancel the sell the next day but was told by finance manager I "would get into a lot of trouble" if I did.
Roy Z. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 07/06/2017

Thank you for taking our survey, I apologize for your disappointment with your sales and service process and would very much like to speak with you more about your experience, i will contact you

SZ
Sue Z.
2012 Hyundai Genesis
04/10/2017 Category: Service
Poor parts availability.
8 days later, and they still don't have a brake master cylinder.
Roy Z. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 04/11/2017

Thank you, part has been in tried calling  but unable to leave a message, your mailbox is full. please contact us to schedule

2009 Hyundai Sonata
03/04/2017 Category: Service
lack of honesty
Roy Z. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 03/04/2017

Thank you for your comments, and I would like to apologize for the situation, I will look into the circumstances and contact you on
Monday

JOEL C.
01/26/2017 Category: Service
DDDD
DDDD
Roy Z. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 01/26/2017

Thank you for your comments, enjoyed talking with you

2016 Hyundai Elantra
11/02/2016 Category: Service
Not good
will not go back
Roy Z. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 11/02/2016

I apologize for the situation you had. and would like to speak with you more about your experience

Clemson, SC
09/21/2016 Category: Service
Great follow up from service manager who addressed my concerns.

09/21/2016 Category: Service
No Review
No review
Roy Z. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 09/21/2016

Thank you for your comments, I will investigate the situation and would like to contact you to discuss.

BP
Banitaben P.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/25/2016 Category: Service
Binita patel
Not happy al all
Roy Z. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 08/26/2016

We apologize for the situation, and would be happy to again check the efficiency of your a/c unit.

07/27/2016 Category: Service
Problem Resolved
The manager Roy was very helpful and took the time to address my concerns and correct my problems. I will continue to have my car serviced at hyundai of anderson. Thanks again Roy.

07/27/2016 Category: Service
Will not go back
Hidden charge, not given a clear explanation of what was wrong with car. Did not fix problem stated at initial talk with service women.
Roy Z. from Hyundai of Anderson responded on 07/28/2016

Thank you for your comments and sorry for the situation, I would like to hear more about your experience and will contact you.