Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5

Thousand Palms, CA
Nissan Sentra
10/21/2019
Horrible feedback
Horrible feedback I was charged for a smog test that my car didn’t pass, to my belief they were not supposed to charge me but they did. One guy told me outside I wasn’t supposed to pay and the one inside the office charged me.
Sean Z., President from International Motors responded on 10/22/2019

Hi Maria
I am sorry that you feel we should not get paid if your car does not pass the Smog Check. This is why we explain and ask you to sign the paperwork prior to the Smog test.  I have performed over 50K smog tests in the past 33 years. We have no way of knowing if a car passes or fails before performing a complete Smog test.
This is like not wanting to pay your Dr. because of the negative Lab Test.  As I have offered you, after your car is fixed I can retest your car at a discounted price.

Sean Bosch Master Technician

Cheryl C.
Chandler, AZ
08/20/2019
The worst experience I’ve ever had.
The worst experience I’ve ever had getting a car repair of any kind. Ever. They had the car for 2 weeks, and didn’t even fix it. I finally had to have it towed to another service center. Some of them were very rude, Sean especially, and the others did not know what they were doing at all, and made it just an overall terrible experience. They went out of their way to get the party who damaged my car to refuse to pay for it, after they were all set to do so. Don’t take your car there.
SZ
Sean Z., President from International Motors responded on 08/20/2019

Ms. Cocker 8/20/2019

We are sorry that you feel that way about us.
   When you brought your car on 8/6/2019, you mentioned that the jiffy Lube has put too much Engine oil in your car. You authorized us to drain, measure & refill engine oil, on your
BMW. We found it to have 9 quarts of oil instead of 6.9 Quarts.
This was done the day you dropped your car.

We started your car, the engine had a loud noise which we diagnosed it to be the oil separator which is part of the valve cover by the next morning. You had Jiffy Lube involved and wanted them to pay for the damages as an 'expert witness' I could not say that they caused the issue. You then called your Insurance Geico and had them come to see the car by now about a week and a half has passed, after inspection, they indicated that your deductible is $2000.00 which was more than the repair and that you are responsible for the charges.

Meanwhile, we had spoken with you at least fifteen times between Fred and me.

I asked you for authorization ( Required in the State of California) several times and emailed you on 8/16/2019 a few times and when I did not hear from you I called you again and replied to the email that you sent me later on 8/16 as such:

( I am authorizing you to completely fix everything you find wrong with my car that could even possibly be related to the massive overfill of oil by Jiffy Lube)

The fact is we sent you a specific estimate to be authorized and you or your Insurance did not authorize it and the car was picked up on the 16th.

It is our policy that we can not work on any car without prior authorization.

Sean Zarrinkouh BSCS Bosch Master Technician

Established in 1986

John S.
Palm Desert, CA
02/09/2018
Careless or clueless
Car computer indicated it needed a new battery. International charged $800 for oil change, diagnostics, battery and labor. But computer still indicated the battery was not working. They said the problem was with the car, not the battery. It turned out International did not know the new battery had to be “registered “ with BMW. Got it fixed at no charge by someone else.
Sean Z. from International Motors responded on 02/12/2018

Mr. Stanford

Sorry about your trouble. At international Motors we "retrofit" & "Register" BMW batteries on a daily basis. We are glad that your BMW problem is resolved.
We would gladly credit you the "register" portion of your charges.

Sean Z Bosch Master Technician BSCS
www.InternationalMotors.us
760.328.6646
Established 1986

Bill B.
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
01/25/2014 Category: Service
Bill said he is disappointed with his overall experience. He said he was charged $300.00 for repairs that did not fix his vehicle. He will not recommend them to others for this reason.
Sean Z. from International Motors responded on 01/29/2014

Hi Bill
I am sorry about your experience with the clicking noise repair. As I mentioned when the Sprinter was picked up, we performed a Technical Service Bulletin per Mercedes for clicking noise of the rack and pinion. I also mentioned if the problem persist the rack and pinion has to be replaced which is a common problem in Sprints. We warranty all our repaires and would gladly replace the rack and pinion if you would like us too.
Regards Sean

VM
Victor M.
BMW 528i
12/07/2012 Category: Service
Victor said he was extremely disappointed and very sad about their service. He was charged with work that was not done. They took his money and did not have the courtesy to tell him nothing was fixed. This was not just the first time this has happened to him. He would not be recommending them to anyone nor would he be coming back again due to this.
Sean Z. from International Motors responded on 12/28/2012
Mr Mendoza As you may remember you called us three times asking us a bout registering (porgramming) and retrofiting the battery you purchased from Auto Zone, we quoted you the price and we have your signed estimate signature before performing the service. Your wife actually signed the invoice. After the car was picked up you called us back and indicated that you thought registering the battery will take care of your window not operating. I explained that it has nothing to do with battery registration. We always recommend not to jump start cars since newer cars have many delicate computer modules that could get damaged as a result. Improper instalation of a battery will shorten the life of the battery. Your new battery has been updated with an AGM with higher Amp Per Hour APH rating, this is why there was a need to Retrofit and Register the battery. This is how the alternator would know to keep the battery fully charged and not over or undercharge causing a premature battery failure. We are probably the only BMW independent center in the desert equiped with such services. Hope this helps to answer you missunderstanding. Regards Sean Bosch Master Technician