Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5rating 2.8rating 2.8rating 2.8

Kevin Richard M.
Toyota Camry Solara
02/23/2018
Good follow-up
Appreciate your follow-up. We are good! Just please remember to tell anyone who inquires that your price already includes the coupon discount.
Best,
Kevin

02/23/2018
Check the pricing
I called to ask the price of a smog check. I was told it was $45. I had an online coupon for $12 so I assumed my final price would be around $33. Upon arrival I was told my total was $45 WITH the coupon. I expressed my concerns about a misrepresentation. After some discussion and explanation from the company, I was offered a $5 discount. I did appreciate this gesture and was assured the company would be more transparent about pricing in the future. My recommendation is only because I was given a discount and pricing was explained to me. The owner/manager was forthright and cordial about the misunderstanding.
Sean Z., President from International Motors responded on 03/29/2018

Hi Kevin
   I have been performing Smog Check since May of 1986.
Sorry for the missunderstanding, we have been offering a coupon for couple of years and our regular price is $57.00
We also quote our price with certificate included.
I am glad that I was able to have your car smoged within 20 minutes while you were waiting and hope that you would give us another chance.

Regards Sean Z BSCS Bosch Master technician

GG
George G.
Mercedes-Benz CL600
03/03/2016
It will all get sorted out

03/03/2016
One problem solved, I think, but now I have another
So I pick up my car, and now the stereo is not working - no sound. It worked when I drove the car in for another repair. Frustrated!
Sean Z. from International Motors responded on 03/04/2016

Hi George
Sorry about you Stereo problem.
As per our conversation we had this morning we repaired your car's short circuit by diagnosing and replacing the RCM moduel which was causing the battery to go flat.  You had installed a switch at the battery cable to shut down the power to the car but unfortunatly this powering down resets every module (50 or so)in the car and when you complete the circuit by turning the main switch on a module may not wake up or may go to sleep for good.   I was not aware of you Stereo system until now. If you like I can take a look to see if it turns out to be a simple repair such as a fuse.

Regards
Sean Z
Bosch Master Technician 1/38 BSCS

GH
Gregory Randolph H.
Dodge Durango
10/29/2015
Clarification Response from International Motors
Received clarification that re-test will not be charged a second time and initial test charge of $50.00 is not wasted.

10/29/2015
Smog Test - After 6 Month Storage - Dead Battery Caused by Power Surge on Ctec Charger Causing No ODB Codes - On Arrival
Disappointed after initial discussion that OBD codes were not simply checked to verify Test could not be performed. $50.00 wasted.
Told that avoidable re-test would be discounted but not by how much. Hope Nov 5th re-test will check ODB's first as requested today. Valuable info provided on how to restore ODB's on driving variables. Went to your location as top notch professionals.
Sean Z. from International Motors responded on 11/01/2015

Dear Mr. Randolph
  Upon a request to perform a smog check I always ask if the battery was disconnected, replaced or the engine warning light was reset. I did asked you the same question when you said that there has been more than power surges which caused your battery tender to stop keeping your battery charged, you also indicated that you have been driving your truck for about a week. As I explained to you in detail when a battery is gone dead for any reasons then there are several self tests that has to be run by your car and if successful the drive cycle will be complete. The State Of California mandates that cars should be tested as they come in to our facility. I have performed over 60,000 smog checks since 1985. You did not ask us to check anything else so we followed the State requirement.
We also do not charge retest fee our regular clients.
As I explained in detail if you drive your car for a while with a half tank of gas it should complete the drive cycles, else there is a problem that needs to be addressed.
Regards
Sean Zarrinkouh
Bosch Master Technician

GL
Greg L.
BMW 530i
10/23/2015
Sean explained and I agree and have changed my rating.
PLease change my rating to a 5

10/23/2015
Excellent repair in a very clean and organized environment.
Excellent and fast repair, BUT very expensive. Initial exam was $300.00 and that was only for them determining what was wrong! Would I go bback? Yes I would!
Sean Z. from International Motors responded on 10/27/2015

Hello Mr. Lancaster
   Thank you for your review, as I explained on the phone we got the initial authorization so we can pinpoint the exact problem with your ignition Key turning and turning and not starting the car. We had to tear down the steering column, break the steering lock, seperate the ignition thumbler seperate the electical part just to find which part was broken. We saved you the thumbler & the electrical part which saved money and three days waiting time(Thumblers are special order). At last we did save you over four to five hundred dollars.  I hope this answers any missunderestanding.

Regards:
Sean Zarrinkouh
Bosch Master Technician

Robert R.
BMW 745Li
10/01/2012
Correction on rating
I meant to give International Motors 5 stars, and so this correction. Highly recommend this excellent company!

10/01/2012
Great service experience
Sean knows BMW cars. Great dealer alternative and fair prices. Thanks.
Sean Z. from International Motors responded on 10/11/2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review and we are glad that you are happy with our services, however the way the scoring system works i directly depends on the number of stars we achieve. Thanks Sean

Doris S.
BMW Z3
06/20/2019
Knowledge & Testing Equipment
Sean, has been the owner and advisor to us since owning our beloved ‘96 BMW Z3. Through the years finding replacement parts had become more difficult along with passing the smog certification but Sean and his crew always came through. He also services my ‘06 Mercedes Benz. We now have a newer Z4 and International Motors will continue to be our automotive service choice.

Mike M.
La Quinta, CA
BMW Z3
06/14/2019
Friendly service
I am so happy with the work performance of International Motors. Sean and his team are friendly and the work is done promptly. They always call with updates and or suggestions. I would recommend International Motors to Everyone.

Karen S.
Chevrolet Camaro
06/13/2019
REAL professionals.

David M.
BMW Z4
05/28/2019 Category: Service
David said the employees were friendly. They were knowledgeable. They completed the work in a timely manner. They completed the service at the right price.

MF
Michael Edwin F.
MINI Cooper Hardtop
05/24/2019
Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Facility looked like a new car dealership.
Same as above

RP
Randy P.
Desert Hot Springs, CA
Acura 3.2TL
05/14/2019
Friendly and knowledgeable
Sean and the crew know there stuff and get if fixed right the first time.

Michael R.
Porsche 911
05/11/2019
Great first impression
Based on online reviews, I made an appointment for my newly purchased Porsche. I reviewed the previous maintenance records with Sean and set an appointment. Unfortunately the day before the appointment I called to reschedule because of work conflicts. I dropped it off early to be serviced the next day as scheduled. Much to my pleasant surprise, they called at end of the day to come pick up my car, serviced and ready ! Saved me the hassle of alternate transportation! No worries about my Porsche left overnite at their facility. Great first impression!

LN
Lynda N.
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
05/09/2019 Category: Service
Lynda said she was happy with the service.

Mercedes-Benz E320
04/28/2019
95 Benz Cabriolet
Well organized, detailed quote, very good communication. This NOT a low cost repair service, but a reasonable alternative to a dealership service department.

EC
Earni C.
Desert Hot Springs, CA
MINI Cooper Hardtop
04/15/2019 Category: Service
Earni said they are the best around. He said they are very honest.

James W.
San Rafael, CA
Porsche Panamera
04/12/2019
Great service experience!!
My car was delivered on time, on budget and ready to go!! Fred was great!!! Thanks for taking care of my pride and joy!!

Maryam B.
03/30/2019 Category: Service
Maryam said the staff was professional and did a great job.

Darwin S.
Audi S8
03/09/2019
Head lamp replacement
These guy's are incredible. In and out in 10 minutes. The head lamp was in stock for my S8 Audi.
Thanks

HO
Harold J O.
03/07/2019
Consistent Excellence
Smog check due--just drop in and you're taken care of immediately and on your way in just minutes...with a pleasant atmosphere and great customer service.

Dave C.
Palm Desert, CA
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
03/01/2019 Category: Service
Dave said they are very prompt with their service. They do a great job. They diagnosed the situation well and they fixed it.