Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5

Kevin Richard M.
Toyota Camry Solara
02/23/2018
Good follow-up
Appreciate your follow-up. We are good! Just please remember to tell anyone who inquires that your price already includes the coupon discount.
Best,
Kevin

02/23/2018
Check the pricing
I called to ask the price of a smog check. I was told it was $45. I had an online coupon for $12 so I assumed my final price would be around $33. Upon arrival I was told my total was $45 WITH the coupon. I expressed my concerns about a misrepresentation. After some discussion and explanation from the company, I was offered a $5 discount. I did appreciate this gesture and was assured the company would be more transparent about pricing in the future. My recommendation is only because I was given a discount and pricing was explained to me. The owner/manager was forthright and cordial about the misunderstanding.
Sean Z., President from International Motors responded on 03/29/2018

Hi Kevin
   I have been performing Smog Check since May of 1986.
Sorry for the missunderstanding, we have been offering a coupon for couple of years and our regular price is $57.00
We also quote our price with certificate included.
I am glad that I was able to have your car smoged within 20 minutes while you were waiting and hope that you would give us another chance.

Regards Sean Z BSCS Bosch Master technician

GG
George G.
Mercedes-Benz CL600
03/03/2016
It will all get sorted out

03/03/2016
One problem solved, I think, but now I have another
So I pick up my car, and now the stereo is not working - no sound. It worked when I drove the car in for another repair. Frustrated!
Sean Z. from International Motors responded on 03/04/2016

Hi George
Sorry about you Stereo problem.
As per our conversation we had this morning we repaired your car's short circuit by diagnosing and replacing the RCM moduel which was causing the battery to go flat.  You had installed a switch at the battery cable to shut down the power to the car but unfortunatly this powering down resets every module (50 or so)in the car and when you complete the circuit by turning the main switch on a module may not wake up or may go to sleep for good.   I was not aware of you Stereo system until now. If you like I can take a look to see if it turns out to be a simple repair such as a fuse.

Regards
Sean Z
Bosch Master Technician 1/38 BSCS

GH
Gregory Randolph H.
Dodge Durango
10/29/2015
Clarification Response from International Motors
Received clarification that re-test will not be charged a second time and initial test charge of $50.00 is not wasted.

10/29/2015
Smog Test - After 6 Month Storage - Dead Battery Caused by Power Surge on Ctec Charger Causing No ODB Codes - On Arrival
Disappointed after initial discussion that OBD codes were not simply checked to verify Test could not be performed. $50.00 wasted.
Told that avoidable re-test would be discounted but not by how much. Hope Nov 5th re-test will check ODB's first as requested today. Valuable info provided on how to restore ODB's on driving variables. Went to your location as top notch professionals.
Sean Z. from International Motors responded on 11/01/2015

Dear Mr. Randolph
  Upon a request to perform a smog check I always ask if the battery was disconnected, replaced or the engine warning light was reset. I did asked you the same question when you said that there has been more than power surges which caused your battery tender to stop keeping your battery charged, you also indicated that you have been driving your truck for about a week. As I explained to you in detail when a battery is gone dead for any reasons then there are several self tests that has to be run by your car and if successful the drive cycle will be complete. The State Of California mandates that cars should be tested as they come in to our facility. I have performed over 60,000 smog checks since 1985. You did not ask us to check anything else so we followed the State requirement.
We also do not charge retest fee our regular clients.
As I explained in detail if you drive your car for a while with a half tank of gas it should complete the drive cycles, else there is a problem that needs to be addressed.
Regards
Sean Zarrinkouh
Bosch Master Technician

GL
Greg L.
BMW 530i
10/23/2015
Sean explained and I agree and have changed my rating.
PLease change my rating to a 5

10/23/2015
Excellent repair in a very clean and organized environment.
Excellent and fast repair, BUT very expensive. Initial exam was $300.00 and that was only for them determining what was wrong! Would I go bback? Yes I would!
Sean Z. from International Motors responded on 10/27/2015

Hello Mr. Lancaster
   Thank you for your review, as I explained on the phone we got the initial authorization so we can pinpoint the exact problem with your ignition Key turning and turning and not starting the car. We had to tear down the steering column, break the steering lock, seperate the ignition thumbler seperate the electical part just to find which part was broken. We saved you the thumbler & the electrical part which saved money and three days waiting time(Thumblers are special order). At last we did save you over four to five hundred dollars.  I hope this answers any missunderestanding.

Regards:
Sean Zarrinkouh
Bosch Master Technician

Robert R.
BMW 745Li
10/01/2012
Correction on rating
I meant to give International Motors 5 stars, and so this correction. Highly recommend this excellent company!

10/01/2012
Great service experience
Sean knows BMW cars. Great dealer alternative and fair prices. Thanks.
Sean Z. from International Motors responded on 10/11/2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review and we are glad that you are happy with our services, however the way the scoring system works i directly depends on the number of stars we achieve. Thanks Sean

GG
Gabin G.
05/30/2020 Category: Service
Gavin said the business did everything he expected and they did a great job.

Janice M.
Idyllwild, CA
Audi TT
05/28/2020
My 1st Choice
Sean, Fred, and the staff are wonderful. I feel very comfortable bringing my car to them. They are trustworthy and honest.

CT
Cindy T.
05/28/2020 Category: Service
Cindy said they were polite, very fast, very professional, and they explained everything in detail.

ME
Mindy E.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class
05/23/2020
Exemplary service!
Fred at International Motors provided superb service - he is an excellent communicator (explained the work done and kept me informed about the progress). The service to my car was also top-notch. My first visit, and I will be back.

Steve H.
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
05/10/2020
Confidence in fixing my problem,
Every time I take my MB convertible to International Motors for a repair or service, I am confident the work well be done correctly, on time, and for the estimated price quoted. My last visit was to repair a rear window that would not go up. Needless to say, this was an emergency that couldn’t wait to be fixed.. The parts had to come from MB. They were not available from our local dealership. The parts department at MB got the parts the next morning and to International Motors immediately. The car was ready that afternoon. In light of the pandemic, our vehicle was wiped down with antiseptic spray, and the staff all wore face masks.
Sean Z., President from International Motors responded on 05/10/2020

Thank you Steve for taking the time to write about your experience with International Motors.
Stay safe Sean

MK
Michael K.
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
05/08/2020
Repair in my 2003 sl500
I called Sean about a tire repair which he did a fast and great job. I talked to him thinking my battery was weak. He checked it and it did need a new battery .
Thus was my first tine with him and not my last

Dan G.
05/08/2020
They did what others said couldn't be done!
My self-inflicted damage to camshaft timing fingers made my engine idle poorly and had a loss of power. Other shops said the cam couldn't be fixed, so I was researching camshaft replacement, engine replacement, and even buying another car. Then Sean suggested they try fixing it, and within 2 days had fixed the problem by designing/using a custom tool. So a big thanks to Sean and his talented, creative mechanics for getting my SUV fixed quickly and saved me many thousands of dollars.
Sean Z., President from International Motors responded on 05/08/2020

Thanks, Dan for taking the time and writing about your experience with IM.
Sean

Christine M.
Palm Desert, CA
Mercedes-Benz C350
05/01/2020
EXCELLENCE AT ALL LEVELS! 5 STARS!
I’ve taken my Mercedes’s to International Motors ever since I’ve lived in the desert. Their service is exceptional, pricing definitely less than a dealership and they follow thru with all aspects with extreme promptness.
But what really makes their service special are the people that work on your vehicle.
Fred just serviced my car, which had to be towed because of sitting in our garage over the summer months and would not start, and he called me for my approval on every part needed and quoted the price to me up front.
In the end, all costs ended up much lower than quote and my car is now back in tip top shape. :))
That you Fred for going the extra mile on EVERYTHING!
I highly recommend International Motors and would not go anywhere else!!
They are the one auto mechanic service center that does NOT try to oversell or overcharged you on what’s needed.
Extremely trustworthy!
Thank you again Fred and Sean!
Very Happy Customer! :))

KW
Kipp W.
Porsche 911 Carrera
04/28/2020
Expertise and customer service
Straight forward, honest assessment and service by experts.

FL
Fernando L.
Palm Desert, CA
04/23/2020
No appointment, no hazzle, no wait, no problem!
Excellent service, I showed up without an appointment and owner personally took care of me in no time at all. Highly recommend.