International Motors

Overall Rating 2.75/5Overall Rating 2.75/5rating 2.75rating 2.75rating 2.75
Sonny H. on 04/07/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Oil Change / Shock Noise "
Oil change was a non event - standard practice - advised of a shock noise passenger rear - diagnosed shock noise passenger rear & charged $200 !? - main complaint navigation was fine going in speaking english - came out speaking german & upon return advised it was a computer that requires servicing at my expense - found manager to be not very curteous & abrupt
Review Created: 04/07/2017 04:49 PM
Sean Z. at International Motors responded on 04/13/2017

Mr. Sonny Hryniuk
   You were charged $148.00 to diagnose rear suspension noise on your 2004 BMW 645CI as you requested & approved. However you did not approve the repair which would have waved the diagnostic fee.    As for navigation language change using idrive, the instruction to change to other languages should be printed in the owners handbook or as I left you a phone message you can bring the car in and we would gladely change it to english at no charge. We have no intention of changing anything if not requested by a client.

Sean Z.  BSCS

Paulina L. on 01/31/2017
"They had my car for two days without touching it or at least calling me to let me know. "
It was disappointing to not get service after 2 days in the shop on a Friday. Had I not called, I wouldn't have know to pick up my car without being serviced
Vehicle: MINI Cooper
Service Date: 01/30/2017
Review Created: 01/31/2017 09:10 PM
Sean Z. at International Motors responded on 02/01/2017

Hi Paulina
I am so sorry about your car.  We are a small shop and my thechnician and I came down with the flue which slowed us down. Unfortunately we had no control over that.  I am still on medication as I am writing this.
I wish that you give us another opportunity to give you the service you deserve.

Sean Z. BSCS

Gregory Randolph H. ReScore Review on 11/01/2015
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Clarification Response from International Motors"
Received clarification that re-test will not be charged a second time and initial test charge of $50.00 is not wasted.
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 10/29/2015
Review Created: 10/29/2015 08:07 PM

"Smog Test - After 6 Month Storage - Dead Battery Caused by Power Surge on Ctec Charger Causing No ODB Codes - On Arrival"
Disappointed after initial discussion that OBD codes were not simply checked to verify Test could not be performed. $50.00 wasted.
Told that avoidable re-test would be discounted but not by how much. Hope Nov 5th re-test will check ODB's first as requested today. Valuable info provided on how to restore ODB's on driving variables. Went to your location as top notch professionals.
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 10/29/2015
Review Created: 10/29/2015 08:07 PM
Sean Z. at International Motors responded on 11/01/2015

Dear Mr. Randolph
  Upon a request to perform a smog check I always ask if the battery was disconnected, replaced or the engine warning light was reset. I did asked you the same question when you said that there has been more than power surges which caused your battery tender to stop keeping your battery charged, you also indicated that you have been driving your truck for about a week. As I explained to you in detail when a battery is gone dead for any reasons then there are several self tests that has to be run by your car and if successful the drive cycle will be complete. The State Of California mandates that cars should be tested as they come in to our facility. I have performed over 60,000 smog checks since 1985. You did not ask us to check anything else so we followed the State requirement.
We also do not charge retest fee our regular clients.
As I explained in detail if you drive your car for a while with a half tank of gas it should complete the drive cycles, else there is a problem that needs to be addressed.
Sean Zarrinkouh

Harriet M. on 01/29/2015
Harriet said she took the vehicle in because the radio did not work. The business took it apart and could not figure out the problem. When she took the vehicle home the radio worked. She stated they do not know how to repair a radio. She would not recommend this business due to the reason mentioned.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C230
Service Date: 12/31/2014
Review Created: 01/03/2015 03:07 PM
Sean Z. at International Motors responded on 01/08/2015

Dear Mr. Zink

You brought us your 2010 Mercedes Benz S550 for battery drain and said that another facility was not able to find the problem on Monday December 29th. We were able to duplicate the problem and found an intermittant 125miliamp draw by Tuesday which I spoke to you about, then we found a TSB printed by Mercedes Benz that programming UCP Module with latest software should take care of this problem which we did. We spoke to you on wedenesday twice before picking the car up you wanted car back to drive home. I told you that I would call you on Friday however I came down with a cold and could not call you on Friday Jan 2nd. I did however on folowing Monday and Tuesday and left you messages both times.  If there is anything else, I would be glad to do so.

Regards Sean Zarrinkouh