LI
LEE I.
Hibbing, MN
12/16/2014 Category: Service
Kind, curteous people
The people at Iron Trail Motors are always friendly and helpful.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 12/17/2014

Lee-

We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you and thank you for the nice response.

Please call on us wheneven we can be of service.

HL
HOWARD L.
Nashwauk, MN
12/16/2014 Category: Service
Scheduled maintenance
Friendly and expedient
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 12/17/2014

Howard-

Thank you for your business and we appreciate the opportunity to help keep your Highlander in the best shape possible.

Please don't hestitate to call on us when you need something.

NR
NANCY R.
TOYOTA PRIUS
12/15/2014 Category: Service
Tire rotation
Friendly, comfortable lounge, not pushy
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 12/16/2014

Nancy-

We appreciate your businees and hope we can continue to provide you with quality service for years to come. Please fell free to call our Toyota service department whenever the need arises.

You don't have to come in for service to enjoy our lounge and coffee bar, you're welcome anytime.

WN
WILLIAM N.
Aurora, MN
TOYOTA CAMRY HYBRID
12/03/2014 Category: Service
nearby, get the job done
nice surroundings while waiting
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 12/03/2014

William-

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you on your selection of the Toyota Camry Hybrid. I'm confident that you'll not only enjoy the ride and handling of the Camry but will truly enjoy the savings you'll see at the gas pump.

Dee H.
12/01/2014 Category: Sales
trade in battle
What should have been a pleasurable car buying experience was anything but. I felt I had to do battle to get any value for my trade in. I had received multiple letters from your dealership asking me to bring in my Camry for "top dollar trade". For my 2007 with no rust, never been in an accident, low miles, interior like new-with no scrapes scratches or holes on any surface, the carpet needed cleaning, but little wear as I used plastic mats in winter to protect from salt, sand, and snow melt. It needed a windshield, as it had a chip and the tires only had about another 10,000 in them, Mr. Wagner said it pulled to the left, so "hopefully it only needed alignment", and, after 7 years of driving, it had a rock chip on the hood near the front driver side.
The NADA Clean Trade-in he showed me was $8050, it did not include the moonroof, which would actually bring it up to $8500. I pointed that out, but he brushed it aside with barely a comment, then he said with all these negatives, my car was a low end mid level trade, oh and he told me he was charging me a $400 refurbishing fee so Iron Trail could go through the car and get it ready for resale. This made me curious, as I had never heard of it before, so I called around to other dealers in the area to see if it was a new practice. They had not heard of it either, and one even laughed at the question, but when I questioned GM Steve about it, he confirmed that they do indeed pass this charge on to the customer.
So, I was offered $5300 for my car, saying we had to start somewhere. I told Mr. Wagner that I realized the company needed to make a profit, but my car had a lot more value than he was offering. He actually said to me that he wasn't looking to necessarily make a profit, but to break even. Really? I've never heard of a business that isn't out to make a profit!
When I told him I wanted to spend between $25-$26k, he said, "so if I can get you $25,999 you will take it?" That's how he was 'working with me'. When I finally agreed to to a figure that would reduce my trade from top end $8500, which I realize was never an option, to less than $6800, he said he had to get approval from GM Steve for that amount. He came back and asked if I could go just a little bit more- I said maybe the $48 that was part of a previous figure he tried to use. HE ROLLED HIS EYES and with a deep sigh asked if I could do $250. Why I didn't walk then, I'm really not sure; maybe because I had already been there for 4 hours and was tired of fighting. But, I offered then to split the difference on $250, and go $125 - which he tried to up even more. Once he got the agreement, he walked away to get the paperwork finished. He left some papers on the desk, one of them was the approval for the amount I had asked for, so he did get the approval, but had to take more from me.
Even though I didn't get what I felt was a fair amount on my trade, the fact that he charged me a refurbishing fee and then tacked on more after getting an authorization for an agreed on amount was really poor salesmanship. Will I tell others about my experience? Yes, I already have. And some of my female friends have said they are appalled at how I was treated by your company and are seriously reconsidering doing business with you in the future. I gave 2 stars because Melissa D. worked so hard to help me find a vehicle I wanted , and answered all my questions about the different vehicles I was interested in.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 12/02/2014

Dee-

I'm truly sorry you feel you weren't treated fairly on your trade, we try hard to make sure everyone gets a fair and honest deal on the vehicle they buy and the vehicle they trade in to us. It is very much a common industry practice that in evaluating a trade that any needed reconditioning, upgrading or repairs are taken into consideration in determining fair market value.

We do appreciate your business and the opportunity to work with you. I wish you many years of worry free driving in your new Toyota.

RON R.
11/28/2014 Category: Sales
RON VIRGINIA
CROOKS AND LIARS STAY AWAY
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/29/2014

Ron-

I read with great concern your review of the dealership. Please allow me the opportunity to review your situation and get back to you.

We take the job of providing quality customer service seriously and want to make sure that every customer is given the best experience possible.

Sincerly,

Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 12/01/2014

Ron-

I tried calling you on Monday 12/1/2014 and the call seemed to have gotten disconnected. In trying to help find out what the issue is i do not show any contact with the dealership since your last service visit back in May, 2014.

Please call me at your convenience and let's discuss what your issue is and how I might be of help.

Thanks

FM
FLOYD M.
Cook, MN
11/27/2014 Category: Sales
customer service
Thank you for an efficient buying experience

TL
THOMAS L.
Ely, MN
TOYOTA PRIUS V
11/17/2014 Category: Service
I and my PriusV are treated well.
3-1/2 hours for four tire c/o's plus install new cabin air filter? Good thing I brought sufficient reading mat'l to keep me occupied near your coffee pot.

PQ
Peggy Q.
11/17/2014 Category: Sales
Purchased new vehicle
Excellent sales staff. No pressure to buy. Very helpful. Would definitely go back to them again.

DA
DEAN A.
Duluth, MN
11/16/2014 Category: Sales
Service to customer needs !
I would like to thank ever one at Iron Trail for there devotion to the customer. I was completely satisfied with every aspect of the business transaction. Would buy here again. Thanks again. D. Anderson.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/17/2014

Dean-

Thank you for the opportunity to help you in finding the right RAV4, you should enjoy this vehicle for a long time to come.

We do appreciate the nice comments on your experience, we pride ourselves on providing quality customer service.

Please let us know how we can be of help in the maintaining of your RAV4.

Thanks,

EV
EVERETT V.
Cook, MN
11/14/2014 Category: Service
Good products, good staff, and good service
My last three Toyota's have come from Iron Trail. Been treated well there, love the coffee, and I know my vehicle is taken care of. Square shooting sales people that tell me like it is. I will buy my next vehicle there, and the next after that.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/17/2014

Everett-

Thank you for the nice comments, we really appreciate hearing from you on your experience. Your Corolla should prove to be a very reliable and fun vehicle to drive.

Again, thanks for the nice comments and let us know how we can be of service.

Thanks,

CALVIN H.
Hibbing, MN
CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500
11/11/2014 Category: Service
Could Not Get The Job Right.
The Passenger Seat Was Not Fixed Right. Chevrolet Trucks Are Suppose To Have A Quiet Interior.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/12/2014

Calvin-

I apologize that the truck was not fixed properly, I will have our Service Manager contact you right away to correct the issue.

SZ
SIMONE Z.
Buhl, MN
11/05/2014 Category: Sales
Excellent service!
Sales person Eric was very helpful and patient. He had a great knowledge of the vehicle I was interested in.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/06/2014

Hi Simone-

Thank you for your business we appreciate the opportunity to help you in your purchase of your Corolla. I'm very glad to hear you had a good experience here at Iron Trail Motors and i'm sure Eric will be happy to hear the nice comments you have.

Please let us know how we can be of assistance in the maintaining of your Corolla.

DALE M.
Cohasset, MN
TOYOTA PRIUS V
11/01/2014 Category: Service
Friendly, low key staff
Never any pressure to buy - just knowledgeable staff stating the facts.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/03/2014

Dale-

It was a pleasure to help you in your purchase of your new Toyota Prius, we appreciate the business and comment on your experience. Please feel free to call on us with any of your vehicle needs.

GF
GERALD F.
Grand Rapids, MN
11/01/2014 Category: Service
The employees
The employees
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/01/2014

Gerald-

It's sounds like you had a good experience in buying your Highlander and we are glad of that. I appreciate the comment about our employees and will be happy to pass that along.

Thanks for your business and let us know how we can be of service.

JUSTIN P.
Duluth, MN
CHEVROLET EQUINOX
10/29/2014 Category: Service
Nearly a month to fix
Would rarely update me on the progress. Got it home and had to add a quart of oil to my vehicle, which shows me the problem may still exist.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 10/29/2014

Justin-

I appreciate your feedback on your recent service visit. I will be meeting with my Service manager on this and will be in contact with you to make sure that everything is taken care of.

MARY S.
Gilbert, MN
10/27/2014 Category: Service
Taking care
Pleasant and quik
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 10/27/2014

Hi Mary-

We appreciate the opportunity to help you in maintaining the proper operation of your Corolla. We are always here to help in any service needs you might have, please don't hesitate to call us.

DJ
DARRYL J.
Tower, MN
10/25/2014 Category: Service
IT service
They seem to be under staffed but the people there are friendly .

CR
CASEY R.
10/22/2014 Category: Sales
Have yet to be disappointed
Our experience with Jon was great! Not pushy, quick to answer any questions, and down to earth.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 10/22/2014

Casey-

Thank you for the nice comments, we try hard to make sure our salespeople provide the best experience possible. With the RAV4 you have chosen one of the nicestSUV's on the road today. Please let us know how we can be of service to you in the future.

Thanks again

JANICE M.
10/19/2014 Category: Service
Great personalized service
Thanks for the additional help with the blue tooth phone on my car. Unexpected bonus and greatly appreciated!
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 10/20/2014

Janice-

I'm glad we were able to help you with your blue tooth, great feature. Please let us know when we can help again.