( 1923 Reviews )

Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5rating 4.7272755
Overall Rating 2.27273/5Overall Rating 2.27273/5rating 2.27273rating 2.27273rating 2.27273

Amber M.
Moberly, MO
06/12/2018 Category: Service
Double check
Make sure they do everything they ask for. If the service is not on the ticket - it means they did not do it.
CHRIS S., Service Advisor from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/13/2018

I'm sorry about your recent experience with me, I would like to talk with you about this so that we can get this issue resolved. The last thing I want to do is upset a customer, and I'm sure there is some sort of explanation. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience, so I may resolve any concerns. Thank you.

Chris Sanchez
Service Advisor
(573)474-7400

06/02/2018 Category: Service
Ok
They did an ok job the online appointment making was not good at all but when I called no one answered! But they got the job done so that is a good thing
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/02/2018

Sorry Mark! I will inform management of your issues and we will do everything in our power to make online scheduling more user friendly.  If there is anything you need feel free to contact us at 573-474-7400.

Tyler Schrimpf - 573-474-7400

05/16/2018 Category: Service
Service has gone down.
Service is just not the same as in the past.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 05/19/2018

Thank you for the feedback.  Our marketing team sends out coupons and specials regurlarly.  There is also some posted on our website under service specials.  I will relay the information to the wash crew about the bad wash. Again, thank you for the feedback and your business.

Moberly, MO
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
05/11/2018 Category: Service
Awful experience
I had a very poor experience.
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 05/14/2018

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the service you received.  I appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns and experience to my attention.  Both the advisor and technician you worked with will be in tomorrow, and I would like to dive into this with them.  If you are not opposed, I would much like to contact you after I've spoken with them.  Issues like this have not been common in the past and will not be moving forward.  This is absolutely unacceptable, and I assure you whatever caused this problem will be remedied immediately.  Thank you for your feedback, and I hope to speak with you soon.

Kristina M.
05/01/2018 Category: Service
very rude and not done in timely fashion
took over 5 hours to do something that was promised to only take barely an hour, then received attitude nd told my car was the least important thing on lists of cars they needed to work on.
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 05/02/2018

attempting to contact customer.

PW
Patrick W.
Fayette, MO
2012 Hyundai Accent
04/24/2018 Category: Service
😫
😫
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 04/27/2018

Thank you for completing our review and we apologize if any part of the service did not meet your expectations.

04/10/2018 Category: Service
Okay but could be better
Had my 2017 Hyundai Sonata in the service department over the weekend. Wish that Joe Machens offered a free oil change and tire rotation to those who are loyal customers... It sure would bring in more customers and those getting services would come in more frequently. The lounge needs some work... more snack options and the TV was blaring and no one turned it down. I felt like everyone just had to yell at everyone.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 04/10/2018

Thank you for your feedback.  We do our best to stay competitively priced with local dealerships and aftermarket shops in the area.  Service specials and coupons are posted to our website monthly.  We do offer two waiting areas at the dealership for your convenience, and if the television is ever too loud just ask and we will be happy to make an adjustment.  Unfortunately if the weather is below freezing we do not wash cars, however if you would like to stop by, I would be happy to have your vehicle washed or get you a Tiger Wash pass.  It is our goal to make every customer happy, and I apologize if you had anything less than a exceptional experience at our dealership.  Feel free to contact me personally or our service manager Justin Kertz at any time. Thank you.

03/29/2018 Category: Service
Get the service cost in writing, expect a LONG wait
Expecting 60 dollar charge, it was over 100, service taking over 2 hours when you have .ca scheduled appointment
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 03/31/2018

It is never our attention to mislead a customer of the final cost for service.  I have spoke with each advisor individually and explained the importance of covering time necessary and cost of each service being performed.  I do agree that two hours for the services performed on your vehicle is excessive, and that any delay or extra time needed should have been brought to your attention.  I personally apologize for the time and any miscommunication regarding the cost of the services.

2014 Hyundai Elantra
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Come here if you have money to burn and time to waste
Oil change took over 2 hours. The service personnel tried to sell me several services and new tires totaling over $1000. Many of the services he tried to sell me were unnecessary and not recommended by the Hyundai owner's manual that came with my car.
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 03/23/2018

I apologize for any miscommunication regarding the service time for your vehicle.  An oil change and wash service should most definitely be done within an hour.  The additional services performed on your vehicle increased the time needed for completion, and this should have been brought to your attention.  I would like to go over all recommendations made during your last service and feel free to reach out to me if you question any recommendations made in the future.  We do appreciate your business in our service and sales department, and I never want you to leave questioning the services performed or recommended.

Kathleen S.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/08/2018 Category: Service
Honesty and reliability and I like the car wash!
Chris did a great job in getting my service accomplished in a timely manner. He is respectful, listens well and takes concerns to heart. He went the extra mile for me which makes you feel like family.The car wash at the end makes me feel like they take pride in what they do as well.
CHRIS S., Service Advisor from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 03/08/2018

Such kind words Kathy, I will always take pride in what I do and thank you deeply for the compliments! I look forward to seeing you in the future!

Chris Sanchez

02/12/2018 Category: Service
Horrible after 3rd purchase
Horrible
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 02/13/2018

I am extremely sorry if anyone at our location treated you in a manner that was anything but professional and courteous.  The decision to decline your warranty repair was made by Hyundai Motor America, therefore it was not a decision made by our dealership.  Our team has exhausted every avenue available in an attempt to find full and/or partial coverage for your repairs.  We are truly sorry for the final outcome.

Centralia, MO
2015 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
01/10/2018 Category: Service
Premises are clean and people are friendly.
I always get good service. Last walk-in oil change I had to wait a little while, but it was not a problem. They vacuumed out the inside of my car as usual, but did not wash my car like they used to. Maybe it was the weather.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/11/2018

Thank you for the great score.  If it is below freezing we do not wash cars.

2008 Hyundai Entourage
01/10/2018 Category: Service
Poor Communication
Poor communication within the service department resulted in a return trip for me to ensure all the services I requested were completed.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/10/2018

Thank you for the feedback.  I am truly sorry for the bad experience.  I will have a discussion with both the technician and service advisor involved.  If there is anything I can do please feel free to contact me directly.

BG
Barbara G.
Huntsville, MO
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
01/05/2018 Category: Service
disappointed
asked to have oil changed was told could not be done
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/06/2018

Good morning Barbara,

I am truly sorry for what happened here. I don't know why they couldn't change the oil but I am so glad you sent this feedback so that I can find out. I hate to hear that you will not be back but completely understand if we really did this bad of a job. Thank you for your feedback and business.

LL
Linda L.
01/03/2018 Category: Service
be prepared to wait even if you have an appointment
service takes excessive time
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/03/2018

Hi Linda,
    Thank you so much for your feedback these are things I need to hear. I'm not sure what happened but I'm betting the adviser did give you a good time frame as to how long a coolant flush takes. I will make sure this does not happen again. Thank you so much for your business.

2012 Hyundai Elantra
12/27/2017 Category: Service
Beware
Don't trust anything the service department tells you! I highly recommend you get a second opinion!!
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/27/2017

Thank you for your feedback. Our technicians are factory trained and it is our job to keep the customer safe.  I wasn't able to look at your car personally, but would be happy to do so.  If this is true and they are saying something is bad when it is not, then I need to know about it.  Please let me know if you would like me to personally look at it, so I can at least know and can deal with it.  Again, thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me personally.

John C.
Marshall, MO
2007 Hyundai Entourage
12/27/2017 Category: Service
Good service, always friendly, and comfortable waiting accommodations.
I appreciated greatly the complete and unquestioning warranty service of this visit, even though the original product installation that needed replacement had been performed by an out-of-town Hyundai service company.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/27/2017

Thank you John it was our pleasure we always appreciate your business.

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
12/26/2017 Category: Service
Excellent staff
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/26/2017

Thank you this is great to hear I feel like we have a great team. Thank you so much for your business.

LC
Linda C.
Boonville, MO
12/26/2017 Category: Service
Keeping your word
Service was great. Approximately 9 months I referred a friend Gayle Gfellar, she purchased a vehicle. I was told that I would receive 100.00 as a referral fee. I have not received it and has been brought to your attention 4 times. Will not be referring friends.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/26/2017

Hi Linda thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that service is doing good for you. I will get with the general manager and find out why you haven't received  your check yet. Thank you for your business.

CL
Christopher L.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/08/2017 Category: Service
poor service
they make appointments for service but you are just in line behind others. The appointment isn't an apppointment. I waited two hours for a 15 minute oil change.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/08/2017

Hi Mr. Long I am truly sorry it took so long for your oil change. With washing your car the oil change should take an hour if it's two hours then we have a problem. I will get with my team and find out where the problem is. Thank you for your feedback that's how we get better.