Overall Rating 1.25/5rating 1.25rating 1.25rating 1.25rating 1.25

ANNE B.
Kia Forte
07/07/2019 Category: Service
tire missing parts
nothing had noise problem before I came in had a flat cords exposed that caused the noise, went to the appointment got new tire after being told you did not have a tire after questioning said you had a pair of coopers which were installed why that was a problem I do not understand sell what you have in stock.. car was bought from kia so when we found missing a wrench for the jack thought that for good customer relations you would provide it for free as it was supposed to be included with the car.. no were told had to talk to the manager the next day . on arrival was treated with disrespect (golddigger) this could have left me stranded

CHRISTOPHER M.
Saginaw, MN
Kia Spectra
07/04/2019 Category: Sales
Never try to purchase from Kia of Duluth!!
The salesman was great! That's the only positive thing I have to say about Kia of Duluth. We decided to purchase a used car from them on June 1st. And as of today (July 3rd) the purchase STILL has not been completed. This has nothing to do with us on our end, its completely on Kia's end as they do not submit the paperwork to the bank in a timely manner and they over charge for the vehicle. It took 2 weeks for them to notify us the bank didn't approve the loan due to the amount they charged us for the car. So the day before fathers day we made the trek back downtown to Kia to re-do the paperwork (made an appointment and they we expecting us). When we arrived we found out there was nothing they could do for us because the deal was closed in the computer system and there was no manager on duty to open it. So the finance guy said he would get everything done for us and meet us somewhere the next day. We didn't hear anything until we called back more then a week later! Then we went back down AGAIN on June 24th signed the paperwork again... this time we were told he would submit the paperwork tomorrow. Asked for a 21 day permit since now the tabs will be expired by the time this process is completed. Was given a permit but the dates were all wrong. It was dated June 15 so it would expire July 5th. My husband was just notified by the bank yesterday that they recieved part of the paperwork. Not all... so the saga continues!
I will never attempt to purchase a vehicle from this place! And I will tell anyone and everyone to never go there. I don't understand how they can stay in business if this is how they do business!!!
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 07/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Your feeback is important, and helps us provide better service.

TL
TOM L.
06/06/2019 Category: Service
purge valve replacement
service was quick and easy going friendly technician
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 06/13/2019

Thank you for the review.

05/23/2019 Category: Service
Bummer
Guy who looked at my vehicle was super nice. (Not sure if he was the first one or if it was actually the first time they looked at it as I felt they kind of did a once over and moved on) But everything else surrounding my experience left me feeling like I was in Willy Wonka's world. I asked for something specific by using diagnostic computer, rented a car, got a call 5 days later that it could possibly be something I already knew and they hadn’t run a diagnostic. Got to the place and stayed for two hours waiting for just an answer to be given my vehicle with zero answers and now I have to put a screwdriver in a little hole to shift it into gear, only to end up paying for the rental I was quoted at the wrong price. I didn’t even need the rental as they didn’t even do anything to fix my vehicle that entire time. The mechanic was nice enough to void any labor but my vehicle seems to be in worse shape. It was extremely upsetting and when I tried to voice what I wanted, I was basically met with a blank stare and told I should get a new car. I bought the vehicle at Kia and was iffy about the customer service and the way things were dealt with after the purchase and thought I’d give it a try for them to fix it there. Will never, ever go back again. Ever. I felt zero control and almost like it didn’t matter what I was saying.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 06/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience, your feedback is very important to us, and helps us provide great service.

REBECCA S.
Hibbing, MN
Kia Optima
04/23/2019 Category: Service
Not happy with KIA!
Recall on motor ! Have car checked with KIA I am a widow depend on KIA to make sure everything is working! Now driving from St.Paul two weeks ago my breaks went out! I am lucky Id I didn’t kill someone or myself!😔
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 04/29/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your exsperience with us. Your feedback is very important for us to continue to provide excellent service.

ROY H.
Kia Sportage
04/17/2019 Category: Sales
NEW CAR DISCOUNT
I got a pretty good deal after I pointed out that the dealer in St. Cloud was giving a much bigger discount on the same sort of vehicle, Not good! OTHERWISE I WAS TREATED WELL.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 04/29/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your exsperience with us. Your feedback is very important to us to continue to provide excellent service.

Superior, WI
04/04/2019 Category: Service
Wouldn't fix problem till it is on its last leg.
Purchased a car from Kia of Duluth in October has been in the shop for pretty much Four months in and out maybe I've driven it three weeks of that time they ignored things that they should've fixed and waited till they were completely shot to fix them. Said they did overall things and things were fixed when warrant confronted them and there's pretty much said there's nothing they could do. Took it to another mechanic they knew exactly what the problem was had it fixed and returned to me within days.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 04/29/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience, your feedback is very important to us, and helps us to provide great service.

Donald H.
Grand Rapids, MN
03/05/2019 Category: Service
Donald said that when he came in for his recall appointment, they did not have all of the necessary parts available to complete his work. However, he would still recommend this business for service.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 04/22/2019

Thank you for letting us know where we can improve.

TC
Tiffany C.
Superior, WI
03/05/2019 Category: Sales
Tiffany said this business sold her a vehicle that they knew had issues. When she took the vehicle back to have the issued fixed under the power train warranty, they said the warranty would not cover them because the issues should have been fixed before the vehicle was sold to her. They also billed her for repairs that they never completed. Gordon Hill called to ask her how things were going, and when she told him what was going on he hung up on her without even trying to apologize. The salesman who sold her the vehicle knew that she was going to be driving to North Dakota with children in the vehicle and sold it to her anyway.

Lisa S.
Esko, MN
02/12/2019 Category: Service
Lisa said that the place's sales staff are great, but the service department broke her oil pan. They had to replace it and gave her a very unpleasant smelling loaner. The next appointment they sent her home stating that service and updates were not due, when by their paperwork it was. Now she has to make another appointment and go in again.

SL
SUZANNE L.
Mcgregor, MN
Kia Sorento
02/01/2019 Category: Service
does the left hand know what the right is doing?????
Not happy... bring in my KIA for repair, ok .... u have to come back for an part.... ok go back in.... why are u here they fixed everything last time u were here. ok
I hope i did not drive 62 miles for nothing .. ok did you fix the camera... no you have to come back for the part..... went back in again for repair... this time i called .. This has happened before .... Oh and I called and asked for customer service and they were supposed to call me back never did. I need to find a different dealership .. maybe the company that represents them in auto repair will know what the heck is going on..

01/22/2019 Category: Service
2hr Oil Change
Usually the service is spot on, however this time around I waited over two hours for an oil change.

Kia Borrego
01/08/2019 Category: Service
Horrible
They lost my keys. Two days later they found them and gave me a $20 discount!! WTF!!

Christopher S.
Carlton, MN
12/11/2018 Category: Service
Christopher said he bought 4 new tires and on his way home one of them blew out, to which the business told him that they would not cover any replacement due to faulty products

Dallas S.
11/26/2018 Category: Service
Dallas said this business has had his vehicle for over a month. His insurance only covers a rental for one month, so now he is without a vehicle. This business needs to do a diagnostic to get his vehicle running and that has not been done. His vehicle has been disabled for over a month. Dallas said the sales team is good but the service department is not good.

RUBY B.
10/26/2018 Category: Service
Bad experience
It makes no sense to me to charge to replace a failed ignition key. After research while trying to figure what was wrong I found it’s a known problem to have failures if this kind for ignitions. It’s a safety issue. If your jet doesn’t work you canny drive your car. This should not be happening in a 2014 car Also I was quoted $25 per day for a loaner car. Got charged 30
And it should have been free.

HO
HARLEN O.
Chevrolet SUBURBAN
08/25/2018 Category: Service
Oil Change
We were very dissatisfied. It took two hours to get at oil change completed on our 1993 Chevrolet Suburban. They said the reason it was taking so long was because they did not have an oil filter. The appointment was made in advance online, so they knew what was coming. There is also an Auto Value store right next door .The oil filter for a 5.7 liter Chevrolet is not a hard to get item.

JAYROME R.
Barnum, MN
Kia Sedona
07/23/2018 Category: Service
Look at AC unit
They want to replace parts that don't need to be replaced, not the first time this has happened.

KP
KEVIN P.
Carlton, MN
Kia Forte
07/16/2018 Category: Service
First time having to give a poor review
Failure to reconnect systems in my car caused someone to come out to my house and bring the car back to the garage. Hopefully there was no damage caused to the transmission. Seems like lately the service I've received has been substandard, with this being the latest example. Not sealing the bead on a tire caused me to have to purchase a new tire only a year(but only 6 months of use) after purchasing and then having the same thing happen a week later.

CE
CLAUDIA E.
Saginaw, MN
Kia Sportage
07/10/2018 Category: Service
Will never visit Kia of Duluth again.
I will not be returning to Kia of Duluth. I went in for a brake job and ask to have my radio checked as I had not audio. The service department told me it would be $5400.00 with parts and labor to have it fixed. They said it needed a new head. I Googled to see if other people were have the same problem. I then learned there is a reset button on my radio. I thought it was worth a try. I held it in for 10 seconds and I heard my radio! I am amazed that a dealership wouldn't know that or they would have charged me $5400.00 do hit a reset button.