4.6

Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5

ZB
ZACH B.
07/21/2020 Category: Service
Suggested maintenance not needed or misdiagnosed
I brought my van in for an oil change without issue at Kia. They are courteous and fast about completing the job. As part of their inspection they recommended that my rear brakes be replaced immediately, and suggested replacing a couple other parts that they thought were contributing to some engine noise. After receiving an estimate from them I called another shop for an estimate and ultimately went with the other shop. The other shop said my rear brakes had a lot of life (between 50-80%) and didn't need to be replaced. Further, they diagnosed the engine noise differently and said the parts that Kia wanted to replace looked and sounded fine. I ended up driving my van home without any of the maintenance completed that Kia had suggested. I'm hoping this is a one-off scenario. I've used Kia for years for both oil changes and repairs. I'd still recommend Kia for oil changes, but I'm undecided now about using their shop for suggested maintenance.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 07/24/2020

Dear Zach,

Thank you for letting us know what the issues are. We'd like to contact you and disuss this matter. What is the best way to reach you?

PT
PRISCILLA T.
Virginia, MN
Kia Sedona
06/03/2020 Category: Service
Didn’t fix the problem.
I brought my van in because it keeps eating batteries. I have gone through 4 batteries in a year. Kia sent me a notice saying that there is an electrical issue with my van that can cause it to spontaneously start on fire. Because of this I drove an hour and a half to this dealership to try to figure out the problem rather than bring it to a local mechanic because I thought they might have more insight into this Kia specific problem. I dropped the van off informing them that I was waiting in town until I heard from them. I got a call 20 mins before closing saying they couldn’t figure out a problem but would be happy to replace my battery for an extra 200$ and a 2 day wait. I declined this and dropped everything to quickly go over there to see if we could talk to the mechanic since the person relaying the message was just the person who worked the front desk. When we got there, the mechanics were all gone and the front desk person had to jump my van so I could drive it home. I was charged 65$ and given no advice except sorry we know there is a problem but we can’t figure out how to fix it. Really unhelpful and not right to not even talk to the customer. The front desk person was very polite.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 06/04/2020

Dear Priscilla,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry your experience wasn't the best. Can we give you a call and help reslove any issues?

MATTHEW B.
Lake Nebagamon, WI
04/16/2020 Category: Sales
They have a car for anyone.
Its to early to tell. I bought a car a week ago. The car I bought was an "as is" I am haveing a few issues already. I am very happy I got a newer car but time will tell what my final review will be. Customer service and sale team are top notch but this car I hope will last longer than the payments. I am not a kid who just got his license and don't hot rod around.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 04/20/2020

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We hope your vehcile is serving you well. And feel free to reach out with any needs. We are here to help.

Grand Marais, MN
Kia Soul
03/05/2020 Category: Service
Coupon/oil change
Drove 2 1/2 hours to see if it would be a worthwhile experience to use the coupon you sent as I’ve never used your service department except for a recall.
I was disappointed. And the car was never washed as promised. Won’t be back for service. Certainly not worth the drive. Nice people but it just didn’t seem worth the money and effort on my part.

The guy who sold me the car was great. But this time was not an experience that left me feeling like it was service, more like a purchase
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 03/06/2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience, your feedback is very important to us, and helps us provide excellent service.

TO
THOMAS O.
Cloquet, MN
Kia Optima
02/25/2020 Category: Service
misleading advertisement
Came in for $59.95 special , did get promised service and cost twice as much.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 02/26/2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience, your feedback is important, and helps us provide excellent service.

01/25/2020 Category: Service
Not so great experience.
I brought my car to Kia due to an intermittent issue with a couple of indicator lights coming on that would prevent me from shifting my car into park. When this would happen, I could only shift the car into neutral, nothing beyond that. The only way it would shift into park was after turning it off and then on again and only if the lights went off. Initial appointment was for a Saturday, only to be told after I arrived and explained the problem, that they don’t schedule diagnostic techs on weekends and to bring it back on Monday, as they would keep the ticket open. Not one person documented any of the information I stated. Arrived on Monday, and spoke to a service writer who also didn’t bother to enter anything in their computer system. That same person called me at work a couple of hours later and asked me again what the problem was. A few hours after that, he called back and told me that a brake switch was the diagnosed problem and that altogether, my total would be about $165.00 (part itself cost about $11), but they had to order the part which would take 3-5 business days. Imagine my surprise when I arrived to pick up my car that night that an additional part had been ordered without my knowledge and that the total bill would be over $2,000. I asked for a copy of that estimate and called the next morning and spoke to the same service writer I had spoken to the previous day. I had asked to speak to the mechanic who had looked at my car, but was told he was busy and couldn’t talk so the service writer was the person I had to deal with. I asked about the additional $1,880.00+ part, and told them I wasn’t authorizing it. Also, the brake switch ordered was for the parking brake, which had never been used in any of the times I experienced these issues. When I finally got the call a week later that the part had come in, I brought it back. When I picked it up that night, my final price was a little bit more than what I was initially told. Turns out, they had ordered the wrong part (parking brake switch) but put the correct part in. I was told this by the service manager who I had stopped in to talk to a week later, and had waited about 15 minutes to see. When he finally did come out to talk to me, I was basically told he only had 2 minutes before he had to leave, and that the service writer with whom I had dealt with earlier had basically told me what I needed to know. The entire experience left a lot to be desired in my opinion. On the plus side, I haven’t had any further problems with the issues I had been having.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 01/27/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry your experience was less than. However, your feedback is important to us, and help us provide excellent service.

Volkswagen Passat
12/05/2019 Category: Service
Make sure you get it in writing...someone's word isn't enough anymore
I bought my Passat on a Friday and was promised an oil change and a resolution of the tire pressure light being on...a week and a half(Wednesday) later I was told my car was done...before that I received a couple calls to come re-sign a couple forms...told them I would be more acceptable to waiting until my car was done...they wanted it done sooner...when I received the call that the car was done, I went in only to find out the oil change hadn't been done...so a third return trip was needed...upon going over the car with a finance manager, we found a daytime running light out...that was to be taken care of with the oil change...by the time I got home the light was again out...I returned within the hour only to be told it would now cost me an hour to an hour and a half of labor to diagnose the problem...the salesman and finance manager both then said since nothing was written up it was now my problem...last thing...my 21 day temporary license tag ran out the end of November...another trip to see if they will give me a new one...
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 12/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience, your feedback is important to us, and helps us provide great service.

WD
WILLIAM D.
Grand Marais, MN
09/30/2019 Category: Service
Don’t buy a used vehicle!
They don’t thoughly check their used vehicles out.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 10/08/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is important for us to conintue to provide excellent service.

KD
KAYLA D.
Grand Rapids, MN
Kia Sedona
09/20/2019 Category: Service
Not thrilled
Recieved a call on a Thursday that my vehicle was ready to go, ok awesome and it was cheaper than originally quoted, even better. I get there the next day (live over an hour away and couldn't get a ride until then), guess what my van was NOT ready because they had forced down my drivers side window that only rolls down like an inch due to the motor needing to be replaced. So my van is sitting there with the door panel off and they were just going to leave the window down and not say anything about it. So now I am driving around with my window duct taped up so it doesnt Fall into my door and shatter until I can afford the part and labor to get it fixed, not by Kia of Duluth.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 09/23/2019

RONALD S.
Gordon, WI
Kia Forte
09/15/2019 Category: Service
Too slow
Oil change, new blades and a check engine light. I was there almost 3 hours.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 09/23/2019

Virginia, MN
Kia Sportage
08/16/2019 Category: Service
Been better
Usually KIA does a great job servicing my vehicle. I brought it in this time for rattling in the rear under my sportage and first they told me the was no rattling, then there was some rattling but they didn't know why and finally when I returned to pick up my vehicle they told me my muffler was rotting and that it would be loud and annoying but there was nothing they could do. When I asked if they could replace it the clueless girl at the service desk couldn't answer the question. I'll go have my muffler replaced elsewhere.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 09/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feeback is important to us, and helps us provide great service.

LK
LANNY K.
Minong, WI
05/09/2019 Category: Service
Oil change tire rotation
Our last visit took two hours. Way too long. Never been that long before.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 05/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feeback is very important for us to continue to provide excellent service.

Grand Rapids, MN
03/18/2019 Category: Service
Not fixed
I had my vehicle in December 2018 to fix a starter/flywheel - after I left my radio/back up display, etc didn't work. I was told KIA couldn't tell if it was something they did when doing the repair or not. I couldn't take another day off until March to have it looked at. (I don't live in Duluth & work can only be done during the week). I got my radio fixed but was told to fix the back up display it would be $330! It cost me $100 to fix my radio. A bit frustrated & disappointed that KIA couldn't cover that - is it just a coincidence that my radio and display happen to go out on the same day major work was done??
Needless to say, I am selling my KIA so I can buy something local.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 05/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience, your feeback is very important to us, and helps us provide great service.

DAKOTA B.
Cloquet, MN
Kia Sportage
02/16/2019 Category: Service
Not
Does it take two hours to do an oil change and tire rotation

Brock S.
Superior, WI
12/05/2018 Category: Service
Brock said his appointment was set for 2:30pm. His wife sat for an hour before the vehicle was serviced.