4.6

Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5

CL
CHARLES L.
05/25/2020 Category: Service
Lack of veracity.
My service coupon included a car wash. On my way home I realized my KIA was not washed. On my two service trips the service reminder was not reset. Now it shows 18 days past due. When I purchased our soul the deal included an option. I was told it would be in soon that was 11 month ago. Now I’m told the item can’t be ordered. I don’t like what I perceive as a misrepresentation in order to sell me a car. I’m having a difficult time with trust in KIA of duluth. As it stands now I doubt I would recommend the above business to someone based on their lack of veracity.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 05/26/2020

Dear Charles,

We're sorry your time with us wasn't the greatest. Can we give you a call and see if we can resolve any issues?

SO
SHERYL O.
Kia Forte
05/15/2020 Category: Service
Explanation of a problem I had
I just wanted to share that when I went in for an oil change I asked them to check my driver's front tire (purchased through Kia) and that I was putting air in the tire about every three weeks. They came back and told me that I had a bunch of pin holes by the side walls and should get a new tire. They quoted me a price for a new tire and I asked them what may have caused this, the response I received was I don't know and did not offer to go back and check with the mechanic, it caught me off guard so I said nothing. I felt like I was on an assembly line. When I received my bill they did not even list about checking the tire and what was wrong. I wanted to share this with my husband so I could tell him exactly what they told me.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 05/15/2020

Dear Sheryl,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry our service department didn't walk you through or explain what was going on at the time. We will give you a call and see if we can resolve any issues this may have caused.

SG
SANDRA G.
Two Harbors, MN
05/07/2020 Category: Service
Tire Replacement
I wasn’t planning to replace all 4 of my tires, but that is what the service department recommended. Maybe it was because there was a “deal going on: 3 tires and get the 4th one free!” I was told I needed to because of all wheel drive. I was hoping to just replace one.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 05/08/2020

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for the honest review, yes on AWD cars all four tires must be replaced at the sametime to prevent alignment issues in the future. We're glad we could help.

EA
ELIZABETH A.
Knife River, MN
12/18/2019 Category: Service
oil change
I hate that you ask for a survey with every single contact. I barely have time to get the car in for an oil change and yet you leave messages on my voicemail or via email to please fill out the damn survey! and you also say that anything less than a 5 is failure, so no pressure or undue influence there. I will likely start going to a local mechanic for service just to stop having to fill out the surveys.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 12/19/2019

DE
Doris E.
Oliver, WI
11/04/2019 Category: Sales
Doris said she would recommend this business.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 11/06/2019

10/12/2019 Category: Service
service
OK
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 10/14/2019

December S.
10/10/2019 Category: Sales
December said some of the people at the business are pleasant to work with and others are not. She would not recommend them to others.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 10/14/2019

BR
BRIAN R.
Kia Forte
09/07/2019 Category: Sales
sealcoating and scotchguard.
The wax on my car was not all buffed out. There were places that were missed. My daughter sat in the back passenger side seat and had white stuff from the scotchguard all over the back of her work uniform.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 09/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience, your feedback is important to us, and helps us provide great service.

MARK M.
09/07/2019 Category: Sales
Good salesman but poor sales manager
Sales manager does not want to ultimately take care of customer with issues in buying a used car from them. I understand they want to make money, but with poor after care, one will not return to buy again
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 09/23/2019

09/01/2019 Category: Sales
Kia, get competent salespersons!
I bought a new Kia Soul only because my research told me that it was the right car for me at this time. But the sales person I got was a joke! He was young and inexperienced, knew nothing about the car and never offered to get answers to any of my questions, and I had a lot of questions. I walked out of the show room twice so totally exasperated i was sure I wasn't going back. But as I shopped other brands I wanted the Soul more than ever. The car is great, the finance person was great, and the management was helpful in getting me the best deal. It was just a miracle that I didn't strangle the kid they hired to sell their cars. It was as if he got the job because he was the son of a bigwig, and all the staff was laughing at him. I just wish someone would have saved me from the misery. At least he wasn't a hard selling salesman. Come on Kia train your sales people and hire people who know cars! I have had to google everything I wanted to know about the car, even after I left the showroom with the car. All the kid did for me post sale was hook up my bluetooth. Thanks for that; I'm too old to easily figure out that one. Still have questions....thank goodness for Google!

Love the car, just not the experience buying it.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 09/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feeback is important, and helps us create better service.

MICHAEL W.
Bovey, MN
08/17/2019 Category: Sales
The salesman.
I would give my salesman (Bill Soley) five stars. Worked with me to find the right vehicle for a price I could afford without a lot of hassle. However the finance part of my experience was not good. It took almost two hours of waiting before the paper work was signed and this was a cash purchase.

08/13/2019 Category: Service
warranty is great to have.
After five months of my vehicle being there I don’t think I should have been charged the 50 co pay. And I thought maybe my vehicle would have been returned washed

Staff was very nice to me and the loaner vehicles were great.

I Wish I would have gotten statice update phone calls.

RF
ROLF F.
Lincoln Town Car
08/12/2019 Category: Service
I came to pick up car . Only one man on duty. He stayed on phone fir over 15 minutes while 3 of us waited to pick up Cara all ready. Very frustrating!

08/05/2019 Category: Service
Just ok
Friendly, yes. I love that they have a shuttle, but I am never billed the correct amount:(

MK
MARY K.
Maple, WI
Kia Optima
05/16/2019 Category: Service
overcharged
Brought my car in for an oil change- They informed me that I needed an air filter, cabin filter and rear brakes.
I told them to go ahead and change the cabin filter.
The bill was $91!!
When I asked why so much- they said the cabin filter was hard to get at, yet they already had it out enough to tell me I needed a new one.
Had I not had the cabin filter changed, they would have had to put it back- free
Crazy-
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 05/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback helps us keep creating great serivce.