Overall Rating 1.25/5rating 1.25rating 1.25rating 1.25rating 1.25

MARY K.
Maple, WI
05/16/2019 Category: Service
overcharged
Brought my car in for an oil change- They informed me that I needed an air filter, cabin filter and rear brakes.
I told them to go ahead and change the cabin filter.
The bill was $91!!
When I asked why so much- they said the cabin filter was hard to get at, yet they already had it out enough to tell me I needed a new one.
Had I not had the cabin filter changed, they would have had to put it back- free
Crazy-
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 05/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback helps us keep creating great serivce.

BERNARD M.
Cohasset, MN
05/11/2019 Category: Service
Maintenance work has uncertain scheduling
My car needed maintenance work so we set an appointment, but the work took way longer than we were advised and we were not kept as up to date on the progress as we would expect. An 8 hour job extended to 16 hours and would have been longer if we had not insisted on a quicker response. We had to initiate communication with the dealer to learn progress when it was taking so long. I felt like we there were other factors interfering with our scheduled work than the nature of the job, because they did finish quicker than they led us to believe after we said we could not wait longer. On the plus side, the dealer did reduce our cost without our asking to help make up for the situation. Details are listed below.

Brought my car in for a check engine light and found it needed a new timing chain. I scheduled an appointment for the work on another day since the work was to take 8 hours or maybe longer. Since we live 1.5 hours away from the dealer, we also arranged for a loaner car so we would not have to sit at the dealer all day. On Thursday day we brought the car in at our 8 AM time, picked up our rented loaner and spent the day in the area planning to pick the car up at the end of the day. Got a call around 1 PM saying the car would not be finished today and that they would call us the next day about an hour before it was ready so we could drive back to get it. Friday there was no call by noon, so we called them to find out that the car could not be finished that day either and to come back Monday since they did not do mechanic work over the weekend. I explained that this was not going to work. We needed the car no later than Saturday since we would be out of town for 2 weeks. After about an hour they called back to say the car would be ready by the end of the day. We came in to get the car at 5 PM and because of the delays, they did not charge us for the loaner and they reduced our repair cost by $65 without us asking for it which was nice. Rob was our service consultant at the dealer and he was very pleasant to work with.

If you need dealer service, I would recommend this business to a friend, but only with a caveat that the maintenance work time frames can be aggravating. This is not the first time when we have had work done that has taken a lot longer than originally stated and where communication was not easily initiated to advise and explain the reasons.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 05/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience, your feedback is very important to us, and helps us provide great service.

BC
BARBARA C.
05/01/2019 Category: Service
Not so easy to communicate with
I scheduled an oil charge for my car and was advised there was a recall on the computer system. Was advised it was not a big deal. I asked if they could read the mileage for the reimbursement at the same time. The guy on the phone didn’t mention having to go online to enter the info first. Day of the visit came, dropped car off for an hour. Came back as it was finishing up. Guy tells me that they updated the computer system but if my check engine light comes on with this specific code they will need to replace my Catalytic converter and possibly the engine. Like this is no big deal?! So maybe my car will catch fire and maybe it won’t. But just to be safe, don’t drive out of town. Plus then I am advised that they can read the mileage cause I need to go online first. Why didn’t they say something earlier? Very frustrating to say the least
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 05/09/2019

BA
BRANDON A.
04/13/2019 Category: Sales
Good salesman service
We had a good experience at Kia of Duluth but they didn’t tell us much about the car we bought . We found out during the recent snow storm that the tires on the car we bought doesn’t really have any tread on them . So now I have to buy new tires for the car and we haven’t made the first car payment .
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 04/29/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your on experience with us. Your feeback is very important to us to continue to provide excellent service.

Jeffery K.
Grand Rapids, MN
04/13/2019 Category: Sales
Jeffery said that he liked the place's salesman who sold him the used vehicle. He went in for them to address some minor issues non his new vehicle. The final bill for necessary repairs came to two thousand seven hundred dollars. He was disappointed that he had such a large bill and will give them a call. He really liked his salesman, and trusts that he was unaware of the vehicle's condition at the time of the sale.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 04/29/2019

Thank you for providing us feedback on your experience.

Lake Nebagamon, WI
03/31/2019 Category: Service
A few problems, one too many appointments.
Made an appointment for a broken part. Went to appointment. Waited there for repair to be made (nice lounge, free coffee, popcorn, couches and TV). Believe repair is being made because year, make and model of vehicle was discussed and believed they already were getting the part. Part not there for first trip. Part ordered for broken item (other "recall" item fixed). No call back when part arrives. I call to see if part is in after 3 weeks (give or take-seemed like about that long). Informed it is in, make another appointment to fix item. Go there. Wait again. Told after seemingly long wait that wrong part ordered. New appointment made. 3rd trip there. Item fixed, with suggestions for other repairs. Nice, friendly staff. Too many appointments. They should have had the part at the first appointment as they knew what I needed.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 04/03/2019

Dear S,
Our service manager Rob, will be calling you personally to help with this issue.

RT
Ralph T.
Chisholm, MN
03/01/2019 Category: Sales
Ralph said they did a good job.
C D. from Kia of Duluth responded on 04/22/2019

Thank you for the review.

EN
Erik N.
South Range, WI
03/01/2019 Category: Sales
Erik said the business did not put the manual in the vehicle and they need to take care of this.

PD
PAUL D.
MN
12/21/2018 Category: Service
dont beleave the service
I brought my Kia into them with a heat problem when you turn on defrost heat the heat comes out wright. Then when you turn it to floor only. There was a little change they said that is the way it is. Why would they have a floor heat if it don't work I been a mechanic for over thirty years floor heat is floor heat. We are going to take into White Bear Lake to see what they say. Its a long drive for us

Spooner, WI
09/19/2018 Category: Service
Lacking customer service
I went in for oil change, tire rotation and asked to have them look at the undercoating to be sure it was still good for this coming winter. Was told it would be about half an hour. I waited in the lounge air - air conditioning either wasn't working or shut off - sweating while sitting there watching TV. About 20 minutes passed and he said my car was ready = very fast this way, but I wonder how good of a job they did in this short amount of time - My boyfriend and son work in automotive and said this didn't see like long enough to do thorough check on everything. Anyway, when I went to the counter to pay, it felt like he was just trying to get me out of there as fast as he could - I realize he's busy, but my questions weren't answered very thoroughly. I didn't get a copy of the inspection either which I didn't realize until I was on the way home, so I'm hoping they didn't find anything that needed maintenance. I've only got 25K miles, so there shouldn't be anything but no word on what upcoming maintenance will be due.
All in all, I wont' go back there for basic service - only if I have a recall or need something specific to Kia.

08/29/2018 Category: Service
Frustrating
The service of an oil change occurred. I received a call stating the air filter was dirty & asking if I wanted it exchanged. I reminded the person calling it had been replaced at my last oil change 3000 miles ago so no as it seemed extreme that it would need it so soon. He than stated my car was ready but when I arrived the free car wash I requested when i dropped my car off wasn't done. The wash was quickly done after I pointed this out. Frustrating though as it required more time away from work than it should have, especially after being told my car was ready.

Thomas S.
Lutsen, MN
08/17/2018 Category: Service
Thomas said they said they did something that they did not do.

NG
Nick G.
Superior, WI
07/20/2018 Category: Service
Nick said the business did not confirm everything they were going to do with his vehicle. He said they went ahead and did the recall which was to upgrade his cruise control and he did not request it. He said the upgrade was not working like it used to.

GK
GAYLE K.
06/11/2018 Category: Service
Disappointed in service.
Been in service 3 times and they don’t have the parts available. Why make an appointment if you do t have all parts

MARY G.
Schroeder, MN
06/07/2018 Category: Service
Disheartened for the first time
Came in for a 60,ooo maint. check, was told that it was more than originally quoted. During inspection of vehicle was found that the back brakes were at 3 and 2 and needed replacement. How could that be since 3 months ago they were at 8? Service advisor told me that it was a new tech that worked on my care last time so he would compensate me something on the brake job, which did not appear on the bill. While doing the brake job was told that the caliper seized up and needed replacement, I was given a compensation on this part by Rob, the service manager.
Thank you Rob. A tire rotation was also done on my vehicle, and without looking over thoroughly the invoice, I was charged for the tire rotation, which is supposed to be at no charge, since I purchased the tires from Kia. This is the first time in 16 years I have been somewhat displeased with the service department. Otherwise they normally do a stupendous job.

CHARLES H.
05/09/2018 Category: Service
Very polite staff
Andrew is very polite and made it a point to explain what was wrong and how long it would take to fix.

MICHAEL G.
Wright, MN
03/23/2018 Category: Service
Strut work
Staff was very friendly and accommodating even though we needed to make multiple appointments because the needed parts didn't arrive before the work was to be done. Biggest disappointment was the price. I figured I'd try the Kia service department once to see if the prices for service were comparable but because of that I will not be returning for future service on our Optima.

MV
Megan V.
Hibbing, MN
03/13/2018 Category: Service
Megan said every time she goes there, something comes up. She is always stuck there because they never have any available options for rentals or transportation. Everyone is very friendly though. When she goes in to get an oil change, she is stuck there forever.

CHRISTOPHER W.
02/20/2018 Category: Service
Could of been quicker but friendly workers.
Good job guys I'll definately be back!

GR
GORDY R.
Carlton, MN
02/03/2018 Category: Service
Not ready for recall
Called 2 weeks ago and made an appointment to get a recall done on the ball joints. Called the day before the appointment to make sure everything was ready to do the job, since I live out of town. Service department said everything was ready , but when I got there they didn't have time parts!