Mystic, CT
02/20/2020 Category: Service
Great reaction at managerial level to address a complaint.
Thank you for addressing properly my complaint. I appreciated the sincerity and your efforts to fix the situation.

02/20/2020 Category: Service
Wrong Kit-Oil filter used for my car
Quite disappointed with my last visit. Got my car back with a oil leak light on only to find out later that the wrong Kit-Oil filter was used for my car.
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 02/20/2020

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me about your concern. I want to apologize for the inconvenience, and the misunderstanding from my staff that followed. I look forward to having the opportunity to service your vehicles in the future. I will be sending a check and two complimentary oil change cards.

Raymond H.
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
09/29/2019 Category: Service
NOT GREAT AT ALL.....POOR POOR POOR
Absolutely the worse service department ever. I will never visit MJ SULLIVAN again
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 09/30/2019

I'm sorry about your recent service visit. We are striving to reduce wait time for all our services. I do apologize for any inconvenience and hope to have this issue taken care of in the future.

SD
Susan D.
Oakdale, CT
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
09/06/2019 Category: Service
Disgusted
Poor Customer Service, They Don't Back You Up When Your Concerned About Your Safety Of Your Brand New Vehicle. I Just Had Gasoline Go Throughout The Exhaust, Gas All In My Oil And I Drive My 5 Year Grandson In It All The Time. They Do The minimum, And Then Tell You To Come Pick Up Your Vehicle. Disgusted With Their Service And Their Concerns Of The Safety Of Their Customers.
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 09/07/2019

I'm sorry about your recent service visit. At this time we were not able to get authorization to install a new engine.

BD
Brittney D.
Waterford, CT
04/03/2019 Category: Service
Terrible Experience
From the time of purchase until the time of servicing the vehicle I have gotten nothing but a headache. Buy from a company that wants to make things right.
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 04/03/2019

I’m sorry about your recent service visit. I was able to check on what warranty you purchased. You purchased a Hyundai certified pre-owned vehicle. The standard Hyundai new car powertrain limited warranty is good for 10 years and up to 100,000 miles. When a Hyundai is sold as Certified Pre-Owned the exact same coverage applies to the pre-owned car. The repair done on your vehicle wasn’t powertrain.

John S.
Lisbon, CT
03/13/2019 Category: Service
I brought my vehicle in @ 7:45 AM I called 3 times with no response finally at 12 pm I was told it still not in but they would call me in an hour so 2 hours later I called them and told them off I never got my car back to me till 4 pm UNECCEBTABLE
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 03/13/2019

I'm sorry about your recent service visit. Unfortunately this type of repair has to go to a certified technician. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Norwich, CT
12/20/2018 Category: Service
No communication
Never told when my car would be ready. It was a long duration repair and I had just returned from working in New London when I was told my car was done. Then they didn't properly secure my window when they fixed power door actuators (separate from main repair) and window fell into the door.
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 12/24/2018

VEHICLE NEEDS A WINDOW REGULATOR. CHECKING WITH HYUNDAI.

PD
Paul D.
12/19/2018 Category: Service
dont car about people, just making the dollar.
read the second page of the review.
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 12/20/2018

I'm sorry about your recent service visit. Unfortunately we need the registration information for any vehicle that hasn't been into our shop before.

Raymond H.
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
11/13/2018 Category: Service
Terrible service in service dept.
Will not return.
As a repeat customer to MJ Sullivan, I'm extremely disappointed with the service we received. Almost 2 1/2 hours for a simple oil change, 70.00 bill for a routine oil change. Neveragain
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 11/13/2018

I’m sorry about your recent service visit. We are striving to reduce wait time for all our services. I do apologize for any inconvenience and hope to have this issue taken care of in the future. We truly care about your satisfaction with our service. I would like to offer you a free complimentary oil change at your next schedule service. Please feel free to ask for me Hugh Stevens.

GF
Gerard F.
10/19/2018 Category: Service
best service anywhere
the service reps get the fact that great service is the guts of a company.

10/19/2018 Category: Service
awful service
awful place for service
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 10/19/2018

Thank you Gerard for taking the time to speak to me. Per our conversation I understand your concern. I've been trying to rectify this problem for years. I did speak to the people involved. I do apologize and hope to do business in the future.I would appreciate if you could re score the survey with a 5 for my service advisor shawn. Thank you.

HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 10/23/2018

Hello Gerry, thank you for the rescore, Shawn your service advisor on the last repair wanted me to thank you.

Norwich, CT
10/08/2018 Category: Service
Poor Service
Did not do what they said would do.
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 10/08/2018

I'm sorry about your recent service visit. We found no problems with your transmission shifting. If you would like I can arrange for the hyundai representative to be hear to drive your vehicle.

LR
Lauren R.
Oakdale, CT
2014 Hyundai Elantra Gt
07/23/2018 Category: Service
Same old story
Same old story
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 07/27/2018

I'm sorry about your recent service visit. I understand  your concern about wait time. I know its the same old story but I did check that we did have techs call in sick for the day of your service. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Hugh stevens

Lisbon, CT
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
04/27/2018 Category: Service
Poor communication
Was not clear on warranty coverage, prices were outrageous for work that wasn't necessarily going to fix the problem. Upon inspection after the vehicle was home, ac Port covers we're missing and not reinstalled
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 04/28/2018

I'm sorry about your recent service visit. Unfortunately your vehicle was out of warranty, thats why you were quoted a diagnostic charge.

Colin S.
03/12/2018
Does not stand behind new vehicle sales
I recently bought a 2018 Hyundai Sonata Sport from MJ Sullivan. This was my 6th vehicle I purchased from them and have always found the process to be pleasant and professional. I have always felt my business was important to them so I was glad to spread the word to anyone looking to buy a new or used vehicle. Unfortunately, this will be the last vehicle I buy from them.
I purchased my new vehicle on Tuesday, February 12th. The car was already back at the dealership the very next day because the alignment was out. After driving the car for a few more days, I noticed there were several issues with the vehicle. The passenger blind spot alert works intermittently, the display screen would go blank periodically, the speedometer is not accurate and there were a couple of times when the vehicle would lose power getting on the highway (foot to the floor and no acceleration). The vehicle was then back at dealership for 4 days. Of course, nothing was found. Once I had the vehicle back, I video recorded the issues so I could prove they were happening. Fast forward to today, March 12th, one month later and I still don’t have my brand-new vehicle. It is still at the dealership. I have been told that the speedometer is within the “allowance” and that no speedometer is really exact. Really? Can I use that when I get pulled over by the police? I was told that the blind spot alert was not to detect vehicles I pass but it is meant to detect cars coming up behind me when they reach my blind spot. Really? I was also told I may be passing cars too fast and it does not have time to detect it because I am already by them. However, they could not tell me at what variation in speed that it no longer detects it.
I have now been told that I am more than welcome to wait for a factory rep to go for a ride with me at the end of the month. Again, still no possession of the new car I purchased a month ago. I asked for a new vehicle, basically swap a new car for a new car, but MJ Sullivan said no. I have lost total confidence in this vehicle and now in the dealership and its ownership. Guess customer loyalty is a one-way street there, but it no longer will be because I will not recommend them to anyone.
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 03/15/2018

HMA WAS CONTACTED AND A CASE WAS OPEN UP. ROAD TESTED AGAINST ANOTHER VEHICLE AND FOUND CONCERNS NORMAL. ALL CONCERNS EXCEPT THE  DASH BOARD CUTTING OUT WAS NORMAL. PART HAS BEEN ORDERED TO CORRECT THIS CONCERN.

SERVICE DIRECTOR
HUGH STEVENS

ID
Ingrid D.
02/21/2018 Category: Service
Need more experience
Need more experience to fix car my haven a problem and they can find the problem for almost 4 year
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 02/24/2018

I'M SORRY ABOUT YOUR RECENT SERVICE VISIT, I'M BEING TOLD YOUR VEHICLE NEEDS TIRES. THANK YOU FOR THE SURVEY.

ID
Ingrid D.
11/02/2017 Category: Service
Give better service to the customer
Need peoople with more experience
HUGHIE S. from M. J. Sullivan Hyundai responded on 11/03/2017

I'm sorry about your recent service visit. Unfortunately tire are not covered under warranty.