Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC

Overall Rating 4.41667/5Overall Rating 4.41667/5Overall Rating 4.41667/5Overall Rating 4.41667/5rating 4.41667
Overall Rating 2.66667/5Overall Rating 2.66667/5rating 2.66667rating 2.66667rating 2.66667
Latest Review about 2 months ago

Charles S. on 10/23/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Crooks"
Paid $2,200.00...was told my breaks were good and they've been squealing ever since, forgot to do 2 of things I asked so my truck was there an extra day and still had to go back....sold me stuff I didn't need...wanted to charge me extra to get lug nuts re torqued...tried to sell me new breaks after I complained about bad breaks after they told me they were good.
Service Date: 10/16/2017
Review Created: 10/23/2017 05:25 PM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 12/06/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your last visit with us, Charles. Our reviews and feedback are very important to us as that is how we grow as a team and company and are able to ensure that our customers are receiving nothing short of exceptional service. In regards to the squealing brakes, the noise was due to pad quality from another repair shops previous installation that may not have been up to the factory specs of your vehicle, which in turn caused the noise. The only way to repair the noise would be with new pads and rotors. Now, we didn’t recommend them due to having ½ life left in the front and rear brakes being like new. Safety wise, your vehicle did not need brakes. In regards to retorquing the wheel spacers, that would require removing all the wheels and retorquing the spacers as well as the wheels, which would take at least 45 minutes to an hour, and is not a normal repair. We absolutely retorque wheels free, just not the aftermarket spacers you supplied. In regards to retorquing your lug nuts, I think there may have been a miscommunication on what we were going to charge. We absolutely would retorque your wheels at no charge. However, if you wanted to have the wheel spacers that you supplied us retorqued, that would require some additional time that we would have to charge for. This is what you had requested we retorque for your vehicle. These aftermarket wheel spacers go underneath your wheels. This requires us to remove the wheel and then take an extra step and torque the nuts on the spacer. All of this actually would take approximately 45 minutes to an hour,  and we were only going to charge you for a half an hour. We apologize if there was any miscommunication on our part in not explaining what the charge would be for. We’d love to discuss this with you, Charles. Please feel free to give us a call at 218-477-0696. Thank you and happy holidays!

JONATHAN S. on 10/11/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Not quite the standard"
I have done business at matts auto since they first opened in Moorhead. They have probably done 15k dollars worth of repairs for me and I have always been happy with their service which is why they get a star. Although Recently I filled out a credit app because they also dont take checks. I am a farmer and do run a legitimate farm that probably brings in an income similar to or greater than most upper management corp. Jobs. They declined my app and when calling about proceeded to tell me that a farm isn't a legit business andBelieve it or not Fargo Moorhead was founded on the value of agriculture. Shame on you. I hope you all starve someday because believe it or not we produce around 100 percent of the nation's food the percentage of people who consume food in this country is also around 100 percent! Sorry for being a loyal customer for almost a decade. I encourage everyone from a farmer to a elevator manger or a grocery store employee, to bankers to stop doing business with matts automotive if this is their views.
Service Date: 09/01/2017
Review Created: 10/11/2017 01:49 PM

Jonathan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We take feedback very seriously and want to make sure all of our customers receive nothing short of a 5-star experience when they bring their vehicles to us. We would like to apologize for the recent poor experience with us, Jonathan. We would like to address some of the concerns you had with your most recent experience. First, we would like you to know that before we had received your credit application, we had just recently made a policy change and were no longer accepting new credit accounts. This was a business decision that was made but hadn’t been fully communicated and implemented yet. John, our Moorhead store manager called you and explained to you that your account was not denied, we just were not accepting any new charge accounts.  You then demanded that our owner, Matt call you.  When Matt called you, you threatened to take your vehicles elsewhere if an account was not granted to you and you had a vehicle that needed the engine replaced and would not bring the vehicle to us unless you had charge status.  Matt again explained to you that we were simply not accepting new charge accounts and had shared a couple instances where the company was not paid and had to eat that money and that while we greatly valued you as a customer, would not be able to extend credit to you or anyone else for the time being.  You then went on to say that your operation produced more money that most Fortune 500 companies and it was our loss as you would be taking your business elsewhere.  Matt again stated we value your business and would love to keep you as a customer, but we would not be able to extend a terms account to you and if that was the reason you would chose to go elsewhere, he understood.  While a response to a review should never seem argumentative in any way, accusing someone of saying that farming is not a legitimate business, and not responding to such terrible comment, would simply not be at all ok with our Owner,  and Matt took great offense to this accusation as he grew up in a small town on a dairy farm, along with both of his grandparents being farmers he helped every summer.  Matt always credits his work ethic to being raised in farming and farming was actually what Matt wanted to do as an adult, so to say something like that was said is just simply not true.  Our country was founded on hard work and farming, and even now, Matt and his family live in rural ND, and support our local farming community in any way possible.  We would also like to point out you stated you have been a customer since we opened, but your first visit with us was in 2014, in which you came in three times.  We didn’t see you again until 2017, for 4 visits.  Matt founded Matt’s Automotive in June of 2009, so we had been open about 5 years when you first visited our facility, and then we didn’t see you for three years until this year.  You also stated you had spent over 15k in those visits, but to date, you have spent a total of $4,700, which is a 10k overstatement.  While we value and appreciate all our customers, no matter what their background is, and while we are confident that your review is not in any way true, and was done out of anger for not receiving a charge account, we feel we have to defend ourselves to the highest extent when false and serious accusations are presented.  We appreciated your past business, and hope you found a service facility that could accommodate your needs better than we were able to.  We would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.

Valued Customer on 08/04/2017
"Awesome Service"
We trust Matt's with all of our vehicles and the experience is awesome each and every time!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 06/20/2017
Review Created: 08/04/2017 04:33 AM
JOE C. on 06/25/2017
A bit pricey.
Vehicle: GMC Sierra 1500
Service Date: 06/22/2017
Review Created: 06/25/2017 09:15 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 06/26/2017

Thanks for your review, Joe! While we are always striving to be competitive in our pricing, we are always working to exceed our customers’ expectations and provide exceptional service and value in everything we do. We are sorry you didn’t feel the value exceeded the price you paid, but are happy to receive feedback from all of our awesome customers.

MELANIE S. on 06/21/2017
"Wow!"
Matt's was able to get my car in and taken care of all within a couple hours. Courtesy rides were offered and the mechanical staff were fantastic and knowledgeable. Thank you for cleaning up Swamp Kia!!!
Vehicle: Kia Soul
Service Date: 06/20/2017
Review Created: 06/21/2017 10:08 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 06/22/2017

We’re glad we were able to get you in and out with ease and convenience, Melanie! We strive to provide exceptional service to each one of our awesome customers. Thanks for your review and your trust in us, Melanie!

RYAN L. on 06/19/2017
"Another Great Service"
We go nowhere but Matt's! Because of a move out of the state, this will be our final trip to Matt's but I would highly recommend them to any one that's looking for a repair shop. There are many to chose from, but one can rest assured that here you will be treated fairly, with respect (whether you're a man or a woman), and be given honest feedback and pricing regarding your vehicle.

We've taken our cars here for 6 years. They're great and if it weren't for our move, we'd keep on taking them there.
Vehicle: BMW 328xi
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 06/19/2017 05:59 AM

Thank you for your long relationship with us at Matt’s Automotive, Ryan. We’re sad to see you go but want to wish you good luck in your move and your future plans. We strive to build strong relationships with our customers through great service and clear communication. Again, thanks, Ryan!

KATIE S. on 06/17/2017
"Great job!"
I've never been so pleased with automotive services than I am right now. They did a great job with our vehicle and were honest about everything throughout the repairs. Will be using them again when necessary!
Vehicle: Dodge Ram Wagon
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 06/17/2017 12:11 PM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 06/20/2017

At Matt’s Automotive, a couple of our core values are to never put money ahead of people and to provide only the highest quality repairs and services, including high-quality customer service. Thank you for your super review and we look forward to being your trusted partner in the care of your vehicle.

STEVE B. on 06/16/2017
"Courteous, prompt and reasonably priced"
Very courteous. Takes care of recommended repairs promptly. Great online communication with photographs of areas in need of repair and links to an online site with information about the function of that specific area. Repair costs are lower than the dealers in town.
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 06/14/2017
Review Created: 06/16/2017 10:23 AM

We strive to build strong relationships with our customers and to us, that means clear communication while providing exceptional service. Thanks for your patronage and your awesome review, Steve!

TRACY K. on 06/16/2017
"Great service"
Always available and professional. Competitive pricing and satisfied results.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Sonic
Service Date: 06/12/2017
Review Created: 06/16/2017 07:35 AM

We love our customers and always want to make sure they are receiving nothing short of 5-star service when they trust us with their vehicles. Thanks for your great review and for allowing us to assist you with your vehicle, Tracy!

JENNIFIER J. on 06/14/2017
"Great Customer Service"
I've always been satisfied with service here, but yesterday was exceptionally pleased. I had a tire that I was so tired of putting air in continuously. Called, without an appointment to see if I could get in in that day. Even though they were already busy they were kind enough to allow me to drop the car by and they would look at it when they could. I wasn't expecting it to get done as fast as it did and was super pleased with the service.
Vehicle: Honda Fit
Service Date: 06/13/2017
Review Created: 06/14/2017 07:30 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 06/16/2017

Thank you for your great review, Jennifer! We love our customers and always want to provide them with a great experience each time they trust us with their vehicles.

KARISSA H. on 06/11/2017
"Honest and efficient "
I recently had a flat tire on a new car with tires the shop had to order in. They were honest with me and searched around to find the tire. Quick, efficient, friendly, and honest. I'd recommend Matt's again!
Vehicle: Mazda 6
Service Date: 06/08/2017
Review Created: 06/11/2017 05:11 AM

Thanks for your review and recommendation, Karissa! One of our core values is to never put money before people. Because of strong core values like that, we’re able to provide exceptional service to our awesome customers.

LARRY H. on 06/08/2017
"Great Customer Service "
They were very happy to give me and my small children a ride home in our van since their courtesy vans don't have car seats. They brought our van home when they finished and took care of the bill over the phone. It was so convenient!
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/08/2017 04:47 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 06/08/2017

We love hearing stories like this one, where our customers had an exceptional experience as we strive for every customer to receive an exceptional experience. Thank you for your review and we look forward to being able to assist you in the future!

ELIZABETH H. on 05/30/2017
"Continuity of Care"
Appreciated that I was able to work with same service writer/rep throughout several days of repairs. Flexibility of contact methods: cell #, text message, e-mail, or got connected to him immediately if I called shop #. Jury still out on repairs done - there are new funny noises from pwr steering - but I recognize this is an older car used purchased strictly for commuting comfort. I don't think it was well maintained before I got it and may have been in an accident or two. I was in a unique situation in that I could leave the vehicle at the shop for several days so they only had to tear down once to complete all repairs. Normally I would need a loaner car/ride at times outside regular business hours. So don't know how well they'd accommodate that, but it would be vital to me.
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Service Date: 04/24/2017
Review Created: 05/30/2017 06:55 AM
Matt L., Owner & Founder at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 05/30/2017

Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent experience with us.  We pride ourselves on our customer service and after speaking with you, sounds like we definately did a great job in that area, which is awesome.  Like I explained to you on the phone, you can have 100% confidence in the repairs that were completed as they are backed with our 3 year/36,000 mile warranty that is nationwide.  Regarding your noise, when you were in about 8 months ago, we looked into that and informed you about it, and we do not typically try to hound a customer after informing them one time as we dont want to come off to our customers that we trying to sell something.  While some customers may want to be reminded of issues going on each time, some do not, so we adopted the policy of letting you know when it is discovered and letting you decide from there.  Like I discussed with you on the phone as well, we do have courtesy rides available along with free loaner vehicles when your vehicle is in for an extended period.  Thank you for taking my call this morning and we greatly appreciate your continued business and look forward to working with you again!  Have a wonderful day!

FRANK K. on 05/23/2017
"Friendly staff"
Will go back again
Vehicle: Nissan Murano
Service Date: 05/22/2017
Review Created: 05/23/2017 04:16 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 05/23/2017

Thank you for your review, Frank! We strive to continuously provide exceptional service to our customers. We’re glad we’ll be able to continue assisting you with your vehicle in the future.

DUANE P. on 05/04/2017
"welcoming atmosphere at the desk"
A fine review provided me of the bill and maintenance issues.
May I suggest that the desk manager call about some maintenance issues that may need prompt attention...in this way I might have suggested that we drain and replace the brake fluid before I picked up the car. (As it is, I will need to return the car for this minor yet necessary work...in the near future.) Thanks!
Vehicle: Cadillac Seville
Service Date: 05/03/2017
Review Created: 05/04/2017 11:28 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 05/05/2017

We are always excited to receive feedback from our customers so we can continue growing and being able to provide better service to our customers. Thanks for your great review, Duane!

GARY N. on 05/04/2017
"Great service"
Great service with no pressure
Vehicle: Saturn L200
Service Date: 05/03/2017
Review Created: 05/04/2017 05:27 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 05/08/2017

Thank you for your great review, Gary! We appreciate and value our customers and are always striving to provide nothing short of a 5-Star plus experience.

BETH P. on 04/26/2017
"Professionalism"
I always feel like my car is getting the best care possible at Matts. Everyone is friendly, professional, straight-forward and efficient. I had no idea that factory tires only lasted to about 35,000 miles so was very grateful for the 'heads up' that I will likely need new tires by next winter. That's a big enough purchase that I need some time to budget for it, so was glad to get that information now. I recommend Matts to people all the time.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 04/25/2017
Review Created: 04/26/2017 09:00 PM

Because of AWESOME customers like you Beth, we get to do what we love every day! Thank you for your great review and the trust you have in us!

JARED J. on 04/22/2017
"Friendly staff"
They stayed on task and kept me posted on what they were doing. Staff was very curteous throughout the whole process. Very reasonable for the job that was done as well.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 04/22/2017 10:30 PM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 04/24/2017

We value our customers and their time, that is why we believe in the importance of communication and exceptional service. We appreciate your great review, Jared!

KAYCI A. on 04/19/2017
"Great communication!"
The communication with this company is great. The status updates of vehicle progression is absolutely wonderful.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 04/18/2017
Review Created: 04/19/2017 09:05 PM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 04/20/2017

We want to thank you for this awesome review, Kayci! We strive to keep a clear line of communication with our customers, especially when their vehicle is in our care, because that’s what takes your experience from good to GREAT.

JEAN A. ReScore Review on 04/05/2017
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Oil change"
Just a 3 minute adjustment took care of it. We all have little accidents & the 2 hoses were connected. A button reset was bumped & that took care of the dash lights. I'm totally satisfied with my service.
Vehicle: Lexus ES 330
Service Date: 04/04/2017
Review Created: 04/05/2017 09:03 AM

"During my yesterday oil change"
Don't know what happened but all kinds of lights came on my dash. I'm stopping by later today to see what was done during my oil change & filter's that were changed. My track light - engine light - vsc light. I hope it's a minor adjustment. Not happy that I have to come back again today but thing happen & we all need to find peaceful solutions to problems.
Vehicle: Lexus ES 330
Service Date: 04/04/2017
Review Created: 04/05/2017 09:03 AM
Matt L., Owner & Founder at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 04/05/2017

We called and spoke with Jean and were able to get her and her vehicle in today to see what happened.  It appears a vacuum line became disconnected causing one of the lights to come on, one was on prior to service and the track and vsc lights were on due to the traction button being pressed accidentally.  All taken care of and Jean would like to rescore.  Thank you for your continued business Jean, we appreciate it!