Latest Review 5 minutes ago

SONJA D.
Ford Police Interceptor
09/05/2019
OVERCHARGES
After talking with a couple of mechanics, I was grossly overcharged for what they did. Then of course none of it was paid by my insurance. Will never use them again.
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 09/06/2019

Sonja, We are sorry if you feel that you are overcharged. We use good quality parts at a fair price. And we cannot be held responsible for what the warranty companies will and will not pay for.

Jim C.
Massillon, OH
11/13/2018
We trust them to give us good advice
We've been going to McBride's for years. We've always been comfortable that they have our best interest in mind.

Mckimie S.
06/28/2018 Category: Service
McKimie said the technician charged him $82 for a diagnostic. The technician estimated the repair to the engine to cost over $5000. He had his vehicle evaluated at a couple of other facilities and their technicians told him that there was nothing wrong with the repair. The technician for this business also let him know that when doing internal repairs like that, he tends to break things.
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 07/02/2018

Mr. Mckimie  Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity to diagnose the issue with your Jeep. The estimate you were given was for an engine replacement. Not a repair. On an 18 year old vehicle with over 230,000 miles I merley wanted to convey to you the fact that in the process of an engine replacement we can never be sure that there won't be other costs for rusted or worn parts that may fail. Thank you again for stopping in. let us know if we can assist you in the future. Sincerley, McBrides Automotive

RL
Richard L.
03/18/2016 Category: Service
Richard said he was told the boots on his vehicle were torn and after he inspected them himself determined they were not torn, at least on the driver's side. He said he is not happy with business.

Dave C.
Saturn Vue
06/28/2015
Not Impressed this time!!!
Went in for a simple oil change and received news that vehicle needed a new oil pan due to the threads being stripped. Huh hard to believe since they have only been the ones to change the oil for the last SEVEN times!!!! My understanding from everyone is this can only happen when bolt is over torqued. Mechanic will not admit any wrong doing.

I would not give this any stars - but won't let me post unless I do.

Troy S.
GMC Safari
04/21/2016 Category: Service
Troy said two days after he took his vehicle to this business, it broke down but every other time he has gone to this facility it has been great.

MN
Mike N.
GMC Canyon
03/12/2016 Category: Service
Mike said this business overcharged him for service and did not fix the problem.

Rodger B.
Mercury Grand Marquis
05/14/2013 Category: Service
Rodger said he spoke to Mr. Mcbride at this business about a problem he was having with his vehicle. He explained that 1 cylinder was low on compression and asked that Mr. Mcbride perform a test and look with the borescope inside the cylinder to diagnose the problem. Mr. Mcbride called back and told Rodger there was a crack in the intake manifold and it was leaking fluid. Rodger said he was probably right but that does not explain the cylinder being low on pressure. This business did not pay attention to what he was telling them regarding the cylinder and performed an incomplete analysis on his vehicle. He was charged $84 for this incomplete analysis and was not very happy about it. He would not recommend this business.

AR
Andy R.
Canton, OH
08/18/2017 Category: Service
Andy said he has been going to this business for years. They stand behind their work. He has had to return the last couple of times after the service had been done. This time they put the wrong part in the vehicle. They made it right. He recommends this business for service.

Larry S.
01/16/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Barbra. She said the business was not able to fix the wiring in their alternator so they will need to take it back for follow up work.

Dave S.
10/03/2014
Not happy with oil choice
I usually don't mind paying 40 dollars for an oil change. But when I was told it was recommended that I use a synthetic blend of oil on my 2006 Camary 4 cylinder, I wasn't happy. 99 dollars for oil. I looked up on line later and found out this wasn't true. Even my owner's manual says regular oil is fine. It won't happen again.

RE
Rosangela E.
Hyundai Tucson
09/19/2019 Category: Service
Rosangela said she doesn't think the air conditioner is actually fixed.
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 10/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. Please stop in if all is not right. We would like to make sure you are satisfied.

JEFF H.
Minerva, OH
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
07/26/2019
VW Jetta
Very nice and friendly. Unfortunately couldn't fix the power steering light that would not go off. Didn't charge me very much just a little labor for there time.

Diane C.
Massillon, OH
04/30/2019
Car repair
I have had my car repaired (different reasons) several times and each time they have explained what needed done and did it when they said they would. Every one is polite and professional. If I need work done that is the place I will go to.

BOB H.
Jeep Patriot
11/03/2018
2010 Jeep
Well after doing some running around and stopping for an adult beverage the Jeep crapped out about a half mile from my house. Same symptoms/problems as before. Will call Monday to schedule again.