Michael's Subaru of Bellevue

Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5rating 4.52

Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5rating 4.1111089
Overall Rating 2.2222222/5Overall Rating 2.2222222/5rating 2.2222222rating 2.2222222rating 2.2222222

KW
KATHERINE W.
Seattle, WA
Subaru Crosstrek
06/30/2019 Category: Service
Beware
I recently brought my car to the Subaru shop to have an oil leak checked out. Marcello, the shop rep, immediately put blame on the oil shop I had my most recent oil change at. His demeanor did not sit well with me as his tone was condescending and abrasive. As a person who doesn’t know too much about cars, I feel he took advantage of that as is always the fear when taking your car to a shop. Sure enough he called to tell me the drain plug had been over torqued cracking the oil plate which would cost $640 to repair. He advised I threaten legal action against the oil shop for reimbursement of the repair. I called the oil shop and explained the situation to them. Their customer service instilled much more confidence in me than Marcello, so I decided to take my car back to the oil shop to have them fix it. When I came to pick up my car Marcello was extremely rude and implied ignorance on my part for taking my car to an oil change shop rather than a dealer. I was charged $84 for the diagnostic. The whole situation did not feel right and really made me regret ever taking my car there in the first place. The oil change shop fixed the issue which had to do with the filter and brought me under the car to show there was no crack in the plate. I then took my car to Carter Subaru in Ballard to have them check the work and they saw no issues, and didn’t charge me for it. Glad I didn’t listen to Marcello and went with my gut. Saved me at least $640. Not happy I had to pay $84 for a bogus diagnosis.

06/07/2019 Category: Service
Terrible experience
Had a long-standing appointment to have warranty work done on my Subaru. I showed up at 8:30AM on the appointed day and they told me that the work would likely be done that day. In fact it took three entire days. By the time they called me at the end of the third day to tell me my car was ready it was too late for me to get there so I had to pick it up the morning of day 4. In the interim it was almost impossible to get a hold of them - left multiple messages but they never called me back. A dealership employee told me they deliberately overbooked.

EG
EJ G.
Subaru Impreza Sedan
06/04/2019 Category: Service
recall
not sure if all my recall was addressed
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 06/07/2019

Hi EJ,

Please give us a call so we can figure out whats going on. Our records show your recall was completed. We would certainly like to make sure everything is correct on your vehicle. Please feel free to reach out to Lori Carver our Guest Relations Manager at 425.641.2002 or lcarver@michaelsautomotivegroup.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

TK
TYRA K.
Subaru Legacy
06/02/2019 Category: Service
Brought in for a warranty repair and left with a broken rear view camera
The title says it all. My wife scheduled and took the car in for the warranty repair appointment and the rear view camera hasn't worked since. She called them and they had us bring it back to look it and told us it would be $500 to fix. They had the nerve to tell her that she'd be happy to know they weren't charging her for the diagnostic. Needless to say, we are now without a functioning rear view camera that was working before we brought the car in and we cancelled the warranty appointment for our other Subaru.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 06/03/2019

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We would love to work with you to resolve the issue with your camera. Please feel free to contact Lori Carver our Guest Relations Manager 425.641.2002 or lcarver@michaelsautomotivegroup.com

SPENCER S.
Medina, WA
05/14/2019 Category: Service
The never ending phone hold, lack of professionalism
When communicating with the dealership I was placed on hold for over 1/2 hour multiple times, which is truly unacceptable. As well my father picked up the car and felt like the technician tried to 'sell him' on how good the service was instead of clearly covering what was done and that everything was back in working order. A friend who works for AAA also echoed the poor communication. If you can pick another dealer go somewhere else and get your car taken care of in a more succinct and upfront manner. I won't be coming back.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 05/14/2019

Hi Spencer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your visit. Being that this was your first visit with us we would love to go over the details with you. Please feel free to reach out to Lori Carver our guest relations manager at 425.641.2002.

Cle Elum, WA
05/02/2019 Category: Service
Why the question
I have not had a recent appointment as the last was in January. therefore I have no idea why you are asking for this repeatedly? Survey is not applicable therefore I can not give ou an honest answer. I have to provide garbage tosatify the computer generated requwest.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 05/03/2019

Greetings,

In the future if you wouldn't mind giving us a call to let us know there is an issue would be great.  These reviews are very important to us as they help us refine processes to ensure a great service visit.  Please feel free to contact the Dealership at 425.641.2002 to report any issues you may have.

DANIEL D.
Subaru Crosstrek
04/30/2019 Category: Service
Changing oil
I am very dissatisfied with the service. I was told by the service rep that they would call me when the service was done. I waited and waited in the waiting room from 10.30am -12.45 pm, but still did not receive any calls. Finally, I decided to go and check. The same service rep said it been done and claimed he had already called me, leaving a voice message. When I informed him I received no such message, he acted like it was my fault and said, "Oh, You did not get my message." He was not considerate enough to offer any apology. I felt very frustrated with his service. I hope in the future that he will learn to treat customers better.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 05/01/2019

Good Morning Daniel,

Thank you for the review from your visit. From what you stated that happened during your visit I can see we need to review our check in process. Part of the check in process requires the advisor to confirm correct contact information. This step was clearly missed during your visit. On behalf of the staff as well as myself, we apologize for missing such an important step. This whole experience could have been avoided had we done the proper process. Thank you again for providing us with detailed feedback. We cant improve if we don't know our short comings!

Sammamish, WA
04/17/2019 Category: Service
A poor way to treat your customer.
We had a service credit carryover of about $430 with Chaplin's, which was eliminated in the transfer of ownership. I talked to the Service Manager and he informed me that new ownership decided that credits more than six months old (as our's was) would not be honored. We were never told that we had six months to use the credit, so we are out the $430!
I will never set foot in this dealership again - to buy a car or for service on my Subaru. Ditto for my son, who also has a Subru.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 04/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Because this review was anonymous we cannot look into the exact details of your visit.  Please feel free to reach out to Lori Carver our Guest Relations Manager @ 425.641.2002 if you wish to discuss this further.

BT
Bruce T.
04/06/2019
False advertising
Advertises a “quick lube” service. I tried to use this service on 04/06/19 at 8:00AM. Was told there were only four (4) quick lube drop-offs already checked in ahead of me, but if I left my Subaru also, it would not be done until the afternoon. In what world does “quick” and 4+ hours go together? Blatantly false advertising.

JAMES W.
Seattle, WA
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Unfriendly
I scheduled my 12000 service. A day before the appintment someone called to reschedule, over 2 weeks out. Understandable, when I came in Jeremy told me that the service tech that I had been scheduled to leave my car with and that there wasn't a loaner for me on this day. I remained quiet to avoid esclating the interaction. He arranged a loaner and told me that they would not be able to begin work on my car until the following day. While explaining a problem with the passenger side blind spot detector, I felt as though I was being lectured on not to rely on them, (I know this) He also said that he thought that "they should get rid of them". He also todl me that the scheduled tech would call me in the morning. He called in the afternoon to let me know that the car was ready. They said that they found nothing wrong with the BSD, but did see codes for several "power failures?" The reason for this was never explained to me. The BSD has been acting up for months. It acted up on the way to your shop and on the way home. I was told that each service comes with a Brown Bear car wash. I recieved no coupon.

Jason P.
12/03/2018
Terrible service
This place is the absolute worst. We had our oil changed there a few months ago. When I went to change my oil myself, the bolt was torqued on there so tight that it was impossible to get off. The bolt was stripped because it was on there so tight. I had to tow my vehicle to another dealership to have them get the bolt off and change my oil. Michael's Subaru refused to take any responsibility and had the audacity to use the excuse "that they do not know if they were the last one's to change the oil" in spite of us having a receipt pf their work and the fact that is was just a few months ago. This is not the 1st time they have damaged our vehicle when we brought it in for work. They refused to take responsibility then as well. This place has absolutely no consideration for their customers. I would highly recommend that you avoid this places at all cost!

11/08/2018 Category: Service
Awful Service
Deceiving workers
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 11/09/2018

Thank you for the review. We would really like to resolve whatever issue that took place that left you feeling this way. It is our goal to make sure all of our guest have a great experience with us. If we miss something, it is very important to our team that we make it right.

Please feel free to reach out to our Guest Relations Manager Lori Carver to discuss your visit. She can be reached at laust@michaelsautomotivegroup.com or 425.641.2002.

Washington
Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX
11/07/2018 Category: Service
Not a good service center
I was initially double charged for oil during my most visit to Michael's, the car had trash inside when I went to pick it up, and despite leaving the car there for over 6 hours for an oil change they did not wash it. Overall it was a pretty bad experience as a first time customer and I do not think I will go back since there are other subaru service centers in the area.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 11/09/2018

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately this review came through as anonymous. We like to make sure that we resolve any issues that may come up during someones visit. Please feel free to reach out to our Guest Relations Manager Lori Carver at laust@michaelsautomotivegroup.com or 425.641.2002. Hopefully we can make things right for you.

CL
CHARLES L.
Subaru WRX
10/05/2018 Category: Service
Dirty air filter wasn't changed
Car was returned to me after the 18k service that I paid for with a very dirty air filter. I ended up having to purchase the air filter myself and change it out. I shouldn't have to do this if I paid for a maintenance plan. Also, the car has been having driveability and time will tell but my current assumption is that it was from the dirty air filter.

CR
CHRIS R.
North Bend, WA
09/19/2018 Category: Service
Deceitful
Scott lied to us. After 2 years of issues with burning oil issue and many oil consumption tests, they never found the problem. Now that our warranty is expired is when they finally found the issue was in fact there. Scott said he talked to Subaru of America and they denied our claim and would not fix it. If we wanted to trade it in then there would be some compensation with the trade in. My husband then called Subaru of America the next day and they had never said they denied the claim. In fact they were still working on it and going through all the necessary paper trail. Very disappointed to be blatantly lied to.

Fall City, WA
09/04/2018 Category: Service
They don’t follow through.
Lack of competence.

DON H.
Redmond, WA
Subaru Tribeca
08/31/2018 Category: Service
To keep a relationship, you must be honest, and fair.
This is the second time I have responded. After the first comment a person usually admits to a mistake. Although this time, trying to justify the first mistake he makes another. I found that the estimate for needing a new power steering assembly was not the case, it was only a hose. Now He said to get a hose you have to buy the whole assembly. Well I have ordered and received one hose from another source, the repair shop I am dealing with now wanted to replace both hoses, so the other hose will be here soon. You have a lot of trouble with parts or service people themselves. The second point is the key. It has taken two weeks and still no key. Another shop said they can get a key in two days. Your choice in service people shows badly on your business and service to customers.

STEPHANIE S.
Subaru Legacy Sedan
08/29/2018 Category: Service
Poor pre-purchase report
Went for a pre-purchase inspection and got a high level report. I had to keep asking questions and the rep kept being distracted. I kept asking questions over mail because things were not clear. I ended up having the inspection redone at All Wheel Drive in Kirkland and they gave me a much more thourough report and things that were reported at the dealership did not need to be done. Staff is much nicer and customer focused there too. I have 0 trust in Subaru Bellevue. You would think that as a first time customer they would be careful.

Bothell, WA
Subaru Legacy
08/16/2018 Category: Service
Expensive
I went to a competitor who fixed the tire for free, and spend over 100 dollars for some slime when there was a nail in my tire. Very bad work, very high cost. That's a bad combo. Your customer service was great, but the business model will leave customers coming to you only if the absolutely are forced to.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/17/2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out review for us. We appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to give us a call if you would like to discuss your visit in detail.

JAMES B.
08/15/2018 Category: Service
Express Service
The Express Service did not live up to expectations. Took four attempts to get an oil change that would take under 2.5 hours. First day service refused be cause of rodent nest in engine. Second attempt there would be an 6 hour turn time. Third attempt it was going to be 2.5 hours turn. Fourth attempt 1.5 hour turn. This is not compatible with a Jiffy Lube type service