Michael's Subaru of Bellevue

4.5

Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5

TW
TARA W.
02/29/2020 Category: Service
Really hard to get to talk to a service advisor without waiting on hold for up to 30 minutes or leaving a message and maybe getting a call back hours later.
Not a great experience this time, unfortunately the shop was way too busy replacing airbags and I needed to get my car in iMessages for a check engine light on for work that had been done a month ago. I was told I couldn’t get an appointment for over a month and zero loaner cars. I had to call Suburu of America for suggestions. They were not that helpful. I called and called until Ivan finally gor me a spot. It took a week.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 03/02/2020

Hi Tara,

We apologize for the difficulties you encountered trying to contact us. This review will be used in our next team meeting to see how we can improve our processes to ensure a better outcome in the future. Thank you for letting us know! we definitely appreciate the feedback.

TK
TODD K.
Kirkland, WA
02/26/2020 Category: Service
Lack of communication, follow up and quality of service.
The service visit took almost two months. The service advisor often did not return my calls. When he did he blamed the delay on the insurance companies involved not authorizing the repairs. When I called the insurance companies they informed me they have given authorization. One of the repairs was replacing a window regulator that was damaged from a broken window. The advisor told me that any glass that was not already vacuumed up would be taken care off. When I picked up the car it was not done. The car was also sent to Dougs auto body to get the rear bumper repaired. When I picked up the car there were scratch’s on the lower rear bumper that was a new part. The service advisor obviously did not inspect the car prior to telling me it was ready.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 02/27/2020

Hi Todd,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Anytime we miss the mark, everyone involved will meet to discuss how we can learn from it.

In this example, we agree the communication needed to be more frequent. With a situation like yours, having to work with multiple insurance company's, as well as outside vendors, to complete all the various types of repairs it definitely caused delays in the communication chain. In response to this we will be changing some of our processes to include situations like this.

We also have identified how we missed our final quality control of the car. In our haste to return the car to you, our team skipped this very important step. This was a very important lesson in not skipping steps for any reason.

We offer our sincere apologies for your experience. Please know that we have all learned a valuable lesson from all of this.

TG
TRICIA G.
Issaquah, WA
01/21/2020 Category: Service
Rodent infestation
I have to get Nick 5 stars for all his help overall when he took over from Marcello. My two big issues are: 1) It took MONTHS to get my car done 2) I still had mice poop in multiple spots in my car when I got it back recently and the WHOLE POINT was to get my car cleaned and disinfected.
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 01/22/2020

Hi Tricia,

Thank you so very much for your review with feedback. My Service Manager, Chad Brintnall, let me know he reached out to you already and is waiting to hear back as to how we can best assist and resolve this for you. If there is anything I can help you with, please feel free to reach out to me directly at (425) 441-4517. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention so we can assist and train to prevent for future.

RJ
REYNALDO J.
Yakima, WA
Audi Q7
01/08/2020 Category: Service
Car buying/service department
Worst experience in getting car serviced. no follow up order weather tech floor mats as part of the deal took 4 months to finally get them. Costumer service all around not very good. After car was serviced my car was not washed or vacuumed car had door scratches talk to service they said I will look into it have not received a call back after going on 6 days.
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 01/09/2020

Morning Reynaldo,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent experience. I have shared with my Service and Parts Managers to review and follow up with you to further assist. We appreciate you letting us know of your concerns so we can address and resolve for future. Thanks again.

BG
BRIANNA G.
01/03/2020 Category: Service
I came for an oil change and was extremely disappointed, concerned about my vehicle, and frustrated when a week later my oil level light came on indicating the level was low. I inspected the engine and came to find out that the cap was never replaced, the dipstick showed that there was no oil left in the container, and there was oil spewed out on top of other parts of the engine. I am a nurse so am heading into 3 day shifts (7 AM - 730 PM) so cannot come drop off my vehicle, and then am heading out on a trip, all of which I now will not have my vehicle available for. I will now have to purchase a half liter to fill my car just so I can make it to the location in Issaquah considering I live in Seattle. This was a major inconvenience to my time and potentially detrimental to my vehicle, I am incredibly disappointed in this service and expected more from this dealership.
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 01/03/2020

Thank you so very much for reaching out to us. We deeply apologize for this. If you could please contact me at (425) 441-4517 or kking@michaelsautomotivegroup.com, I'd like to discuss how we can further resolve this matter with you.

RACHEL M.
Sammamish, WA
12/28/2019 Category: Service
The worst
I used to have a pretty good experience when it was Chaplians. Not a fan since Michaels took over.
They special ordered a tire for me. I dropped my car off at 7am and was told that it would be done in a day. The tire never arrived. After being stuck without a car for the entire day, they call me and tell me the tire hadn’t even arrived. I have to wait 4 more days until the tire gets here from Nebraska. WTH? It’s not a special tire. I could have ran a bunch of errands in my day off. They wasted my time. ~Carless in Seattle.
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 12/30/2019

Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much for bringing your concern to our attention. I have reached out to your service team to look into and follow up to find out what the elay was and how we can better assist in future. If you need anything in the meantime, please feel free to reach out.

Subaru Impreza
11/30/2019 Category: Service
Nothing changed
Brought my car in because it was making a horrible sound. Waited 2 hours to pick up the car.It still makes the sound & I have not been able to schedule another day to waste more than 2 hours waiting for my car.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 11/30/2019

Thank you for the review. We would love to resolve the noise at your convenience. Please feel free contact us at 425.519.7199 so we can get in immediately.

11/28/2019 Category: Service
Damaged spare tire cover
Service was quick. However when they put the spare tire back in the car it was not done correctly and they broke the foam tire cover. We checked to make sure the spare tire was put back in the car before leaving and noticed right away the broke cover.and showed the service advisors right away -all before leaving. We were given a business card for the service manager and it’s now a week later and we haven’t even heard back from them!
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 11/29/2019

Thanks for your review. We highly value all ideas and suggestions from our customers, whether they’re positive or critical. If you could please contact me at (425) 441-4517 or kking@michaelsautomotivegroup.com, I'd like to discuss how we can further improve so that we can exceed your expectations. Thanks, Kirstin

CHRISTOPHER S.
10/16/2019 Category: Service
Condescending staff. Incomplete bill of work.
I’ve been a customer of Michaels for roughly 1.5 years, and have had enough. I’ll not be going back. The experiences that once could be called a fluke, are clearly the norm. Their staff is condescending and has regularly told me that the the things that bother me with my 2018 Subaru Outback are not issues. Two of them have since emerged as recalls! One that remains I’ve heard multiple reports of, and wouldn’t be surprised to see a recall.

Perhaps worse, is that the simple things they could control seem to be missed regularly as well. Communication between service scheduling and service staff is inexplicably terrible! More then once I’ve scheduled work on a specific date to accommodate them, and the work wasn’t completed.

Overall there seems to be a significant lack of caring, and addressing the total ownership experience. Very disappointed!
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 10/17/2019

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your feedback. We highly value all ideas and suggestions from our customers, whether they’re positive or critical. In the future, our team might reach out to you to learn more about how we can further improve so that we can exceed your expectations.

Redmond, WA
Subaru Forester (Natl)
10/04/2019 Category: Service
Untrustworthy and sloppy
I was quoted a price for a package. When I picked up my car, I was told one of the main items in the package is not included and costs extra $50. This is clearly bait and switch strategy. The receipt showed drastically different mileage. They lost one of the tire valve caps.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 10/07/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Please feel free to reach out to Kirstin King our Customer Care Manager at 425.641.2002 to discuss this in further detail.

CRISPIN C.
Fall City, WA
09/12/2019 Category: Service
Unimpressed with customer service.
Michael's had my car for just over 3 weeks. There was not a lot of communication on the part of Michael's. I had to do most of the calling to see what they found was wrong with my car, if I could get a loaner car, and if my car was ready. When I asked about a loaner, which I would expect given the length of time these repairs would take and the whopping price tag, I was told they would 'see what they could do" and then never got back to me. I ended up just going in and saying I was picking up a car rather than wait who knows how long for them to get back to me. Since I get regular service on my car at Michael's, including oil changes and have been a long time customer, I was severely dissappointed. The past 2 visits, I was told that I needed new tires, but when I took my car to Les Schwab each time and was told my tires were fine. This is not the kind of treatment I would expect from a company that prides itself on customer service. I won't be returning for service or to buy a new car, which I am planning on in the coming year.
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 09/13/2019

Hello Crispin,

I just left a message for you as I wanted to reach out in regards to this recent service visit. If you could please give me a call, I would like to discuss this further so we can improve our processes for future. Thank you

Covington, WA
Subaru Ascent
09/05/2019 Category: Sales
Why, just why???
Let's start with the positive, Connie in Finance was fantastic!!! She was efficient, friendly, knowledgeable and everything you would want.

Except for Connie, the rest of the buying process was poor and I felt like this was the 70s where there was no good buying information online, no cellphones and poor company vehicle databases. Also a period of time when it was easy for the sales team to tell you something that wasn't true as it was harder for you to validate the truth.

Why lie and deceive when you are selling one of the fastest growing brands today???
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 09/05/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. You feedback helps us to improve through training and process changes. I will be sure to share your satisfaction with Connie as well. Please give me a call so we can discuss further, I'd love to help you in any way I can. Enjoy your day, your new Subaru, and I look forward to hearing from you.

425.441.4517

Redmond, WA
Subaru Ascent
09/02/2019 Category: Sales
Hours of agony
I ordered a car from Michael's. In our first trip there my wife and I spent 3 hours finalizing the deal, taking a test drive of a similar vehicle, filling out paperwork, agreeing on terms, and placing a PO. Several days later we went to pick up the vehicle, only to find we weren't even half-way done with the process. There were multiple lengthy delays watching more paperwork being produced, we endured multiple upsale pitches by multiple salesmen, we had to sign many more forms, etc. The downpayment we paid on the first visit for some reason was forgotten in the sales agreement and I had to identify that and get the paperwork corrected. This second trip, which we assumed was to simply pick-up the vehicle, took 3.5 hours and was agony. We were completely drained mentally. I would never want to experience this again.
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 09/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. If you could please give me a call I would really like to talk more so we can improve our process for future.

Kirstin King, (425) 441-4517

KW
KATHERINE W.
Subaru Crosstrek
06/30/2019 Category: Service
Beware
I recently brought my car to the Subaru shop to have an oil leak checked out. Marcello, the shop rep, immediately put blame on the oil shop I had my most recent oil change at. His demeanor did not sit well with me as his tone was condescending and abrasive. As a person who doesn’t know too much about cars, I feel he took advantage of that as is always the fear when taking your car to a shop. Sure enough he called to tell me the drain plug had been over torqued cracking the oil plate which would cost $640 to repair. He advised I threaten legal action against the oil shop for reimbursement of the repair. I called the oil shop and explained the situation to them. Their customer service instilled much more confidence in me than Marcello, so I decided to take my car back to the oil shop to have them fix it. When I came to pick up my car Marcello was extremely rude and implied ignorance on my part for taking my car to an oil change shop rather than a dealer. I was charged $84 for the diagnostic. The whole situation did not feel right and really made me regret ever taking my car there in the first place. The oil change shop fixed the issue which had to do with the filter and brought me under the car to show there was no crack in the plate. I then took my car to Carter Subaru in Ballard to have them check the work and they saw no issues, and didn’t charge me for it. Glad I didn’t listen to Marcello and went with my gut. Saved me at least $640. Not happy I had to pay $84 for a bogus diagnosis.

06/07/2019 Category: Service
Terrible experience
Had a long-standing appointment to have warranty work done on my Subaru. I showed up at 8:30AM on the appointed day and they told me that the work would likely be done that day. In fact it took three entire days. By the time they called me at the end of the third day to tell me my car was ready it was too late for me to get there so I had to pick it up the morning of day 4. In the interim it was almost impossible to get a hold of them - left multiple messages but they never called me back. A dealership employee told me they deliberately overbooked.