Michael's Subaru of Bellevue

Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5rating 4.52

Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5rating 4.1111089
Overall Rating 2.2222222/5Overall Rating 2.2222222/5rating 2.2222222rating 2.2222222rating 2.2222222

LO
LEE O.
Seattle, WA
07/03/2019 Category: Service
Maybe fixed?
I have had my car serviced about 3 times since I bought it a couple years ago at Michaels. Each time I asked for the same thing to be fixed. Only this last time was it fixed, I hope. I don't drive that much so the "fix" hasn't yet been tested. The other times I was told that no problem could be detected and nothing was fixed. Thus, the prior service was POOR. The latest service there was clearly an extra effort made to find the problem and a part was replaced. That's GOOD. I'm hoping the fix works. The service staff are very nice. I can't currently recommend this business, but I will continue to use them as I think they want to get the job done.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 07/05/2019

Thank you Lee, please let us know if there is anymore issues with that window rattle.

Washington
06/24/2019 Category: Service
Maintenance Appointment
Not a bad experience but not great. I arrived 10 minutes early. There wasn’t a lot of cars there so I thought I’d be handled quickly. It took a while to get checked in. Service was good. They didn’t have time to check my windshield wipers. When it was time to check out they said it would be 5 minutes which was actually 30.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 06/24/2019

Thank you for the review. We would love to look into your visit to see where we can improve.  Please feel free to contact Lori Carver at 4125.641.2002 to discuss your visit in detail.

Redmond, WA
05/03/2019 Category: Service
Cost of Work
Subaru was very friendly the whole experience. I went in for a regular check and routine oil change. I had been noticing a noise from my right front tire. Their initial inspection of the car, they did not notice or mention anything wrong with the car. I asked them to check again and they found that a tire rod was bent. They assumed it would be just about $300 worth of work to fix. They kept the car and then called back to say that they found more things wrong with the steering and that they should fix it all. Now the work cost $1,500. I trust that Subaru used the best parts available to them, and they were quick with the work. However, I do worry that some of those parts may not have been necessary to fix since they did not notice anything wrong with the car at all at first. They were always very kind and helpful. But I will be very aware of how they find issues with my car in the future.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 05/03/2019

Thank you for the review. I would love to look further into what transpired during your visit however, this review was anonymous. If you would like to contact us to go over your visit please feel free to give us a call @ 425.519.7199

BRANDON H.
Carnation, WA
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Brandon H
My experience was fine. My one critigue is that you guys are a part of the michaels group and they offer a $69 oil change vs. the $90 I paid and they give a brown bear car wash coupon. It would be just as easy for me to go there.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 04/02/2019

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for the honest feedback. The main reason for the price difference between Toyota and Subaru is the type of oil required for each engine. The good news is we are always sending out coupons that will help save some $$. Keep an eye on your email in box for our latest offers.

DONATO P.
Subaru Ascent
01/07/2019 Category: Sales
Sales were excellent, service center was discombobulated.
Bought new Subaru Ascent with a few accessories. The purchasing/financing/sales experience went smoothly and efficiently. After purchasing the car, I took the car back to the dealership to have additional accessories put on the car along with winter tires. I picked the car up after a week of being there, only to find no accessories were put on and no tires were put on. It's been over a month owning the car, and I still have not had all of the accessories installed. It's been an extremely frustrating experience getting winter tires and accessories put on the car.

10/30/2018 Category: Service
Only 2000 miles but serviced for 6000!
When I phoned to ask when I needed to service my new Forester I was told to make an appointment for 6 months after purchase, so I did. After the service was completed, I saw that the paperwork said they had done a 6,000 mile service------but my car barely had 2000 miles on it! So at this rate it could take me almost 2 years to reach 6000 miles, and then what--another 6000 mile service? The work is good and the service folks are very nice, but I am still not sure how often to get my car serviced given the low usage.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 10/30/2018

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review for us. The service interval for your car is 6 months or 6000 miles whichever comes first. Either way the service is the same. So for your car you will follow the 6 month schedule regardless of the mileage.

HH
HARVEY H.
10/17/2018 Category: Service
Dead Battery on 2017 Outback
The Service Manager got right back to me and explained that they had conducted a software up date on the vehicle. Since the wife picked up the car, she may have missed that explanation. I feel confident that the problem was corrected and appreciate how diligent the Dealer was in getting back to me.

10/17/2018 Category: Service
Dead Battery on 2017 Outback
The vehicle had about 12,500 miles on it when we brought it in. A complete diagnostic was done on the electrical system to determine why the battery went dead. Nothing was found, so we have a car that will most likely go dead again. With the ignition off, and no curtesy lights on, there is no reason for this to happen. I'm not sure what to do about this problem; I may have to try another Dealer. This is a problem reported by other Outback Owners.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 10/18/2018

Good Morning Harvey,

It would appear that we didn't do a great job of explaining all the details of your visit. Hopefully you still have a copy of the invoice we gave you. If you look at the second job line on that invoice you can see that we did a software update. That particular update is to change the charging system logic within the engine control module. Prior to the update your charging system was not allowing the battery to be properly recharged during short driving distances. This would have caused the battery to discharge prematurely. We did check the battery and found it to be in good working condition. We preformed the software update to make sure it wont happen  again. Hopefully this clears up what happened during your visit. If you would like to discuss it in greater detail please feel free to give us a call at 425.519.7199.

IS
IMRAN HAIDER S.
08/30/2018 Category: Service
Good service but poor commitment
Overall it was a good service and I am but I have to visit twice, secondly I was told that the car will be ready by noon but nobody contacted me until I called to check around 4:00pm.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/30/2018

Hi Imran,

Our apologies for the lack of communication during your visit. We will be reviewing this in our morning meeting tomorrow to ensure we wont let this happen again. Please feel free to respond to this email if you have anything further we should be aware of. Our goal is to be better every time you visit.

KH
KAREN H.
Sammamish, WA
08/10/2018 Category: Service
Long wait with no "heads up"
Service is usually 45 min but when I came in for my appointment I was told it was 1.5 to 2 hours. I would have loved a call ahead of time so I could plan accordingly especially since I was waiting. After 2 hours I walked back to the dealer to see what was happening and as soon as I walked in the guy said "Oh hi. I am just finishing up your paperwork" like he was just about to call me. Sure - Who knows when I would have been called. Also, not sure who they were (mechanics, detail crew etc) but a groups of guys came in and started playing a dice game on the floor right in front of the counters in the service area. This isn't a street corner ! I half expected to start hearing bets. It was inappropriate and made me doubt the abilities of these people. Lastly while there my car got the biggest bird poop ever on my drivers side window - discovered when I brought my window up. It was obviously there when someone put the window down. My car sat around so long waiting for service or waiting for pickup that that thing was baked on. I went to the detail guys and asked that they clean it off and the guy had to use a razor blade to get it off of the glass. so dumb. would have been way easier if it was taken care of right away. It was 90 degrees - did they think I wouldn't put my window up and turn the air on? I was not impressed at all. Too bad I bought the service plan. Otherwise I could go elsewhere.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/13/2018

Hi Karen,

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Please know that this is not how we conduct ourselves or business. I apologize for this situation and will taking corrective action immediately. I have added a complimentary silver detail on your account as an apology for this situation. Please feel free to use it anytime. Again, my sincere apologies for your visit.

CD
CATHERINE D.
Fall City, WA
08/08/2018 Category: Service
Oil Change
The person who was assigned to attend to my service was fantastic. My appointment was for 4:00 pm and service didn't begin until 5:15. However - I think her name was Caitlin, informed of the delays two or three times. She was very empathetic about the delays. Her kindness helped me to practice patience.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/09/2018

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for us. We are currently working on adding more employees to speed up our wait times. Hopefully by your next service you will see the difference.

North Bend, WA
Subaru Impreza Sedan
08/07/2018 Category: Service
Some good, some not so good
Good:
* Friendly people
* Repair work resulted in car working
* Did not charge diagnostic fee

Bad:
* Like all mechanics, get quote for part. Order. Replace. Get phone call "Oh, sorry you need Front AND Rear converter. That'll be 2 more days and 2x the original quote."
* Expensive. Very expensive relative to local shops, but I do trust the work more. If something is wrong, they will probably take care of it. No matter what though, you are walking out of there paying 1-2 grand. They'll find a way.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/07/2018

Thank you for the review. We would love to be able to work with you again in future. Please feel free to reach out to us so we can review your visit in greater detail. Hopefully we can resolve the situation to your satisfaction.

GR
GINGER R.
08/03/2018 Category: Service
Waited too long
Greeting is nice, everyone seems capable etc but every time I go I have to wait too long. The gal said 1 hr to 90 mins max. But it ended up being just over two hours. At 90+ minutes I finally got up and went looking for someone to find my car (the gal who was taking care of me was chatting much too long with the customer she was checking out, it seemed like they were friends/acquaintences). Anyhow eventually another guy got my paperwork and handed it to my gal who asked me if I wanted some new air filters and such, and it was another fifteen minutes before it was done. She was very apologetic and gave me a free $99 detail job so I appreciate that, but I’d rather have it just be on time.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/04/2018

Hi Ginger,

Thank you for the great feedback. We apologize for the long wait times. We are currently hiring more staff to ensure shorter wait times when we are busy. Hopefully by the time you have service you will see our improvements. Have a great weekend!

08/03/2018 Category: Service
Did only oil change on walkin
Mechanics were busy so didn't fix airbag light. I was willing to even leave the car overnight but they wouldn't do it without appointment.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/03/2018

Thank you for the review. My apologies for the scheduling issue. Please feel free to give a call and I will get you in immediately. Have a great weekend.

TR
TJ R.
Snoqualmie, WA
07/02/2018 Category: Service
Service center that avoids service
I really want to like this dealership and service center because it's the closest one to my home in Snoqualmie. They keep making me feel like they don't need or want my business. I drove to Vancouver WA to buy a car because the salesman was so disrespectful.

I called to make sure I could stop by and use Express Service for my 6k service. They told me multiple times I needed to make an appointment and that I couldn't just stop by. I tried to chat with someone online when I double checked the website to make sure I didn't misread what you could do in Express Service. I again was told I needed to make an appointment for service.

A week went by and I stopped by anyway and then they were happy to help me. The tech was very friendly but getting the run-around before the service ruined the experience for me.

DEREK D.
Bellevue, WA
Subaru Impreza Wagon (NY/NJ)
06/09/2018 Category: Service
Helpful but annoying salesmanship
I got a regular maintenance service after the ownership change from Chaplin's to Michael's. Just an oil change, tire rotation and inspection. Early morning appointment. They estimated 1-1.5 hours; actually took 2 hours. Every service shop comes back to you with recommended things to fix or replace based on the inspection, but these guys are just a little more 'active' in finding every last thing they can offer you. Nothing sleazy, just annoying. If you refuse some of them, you'll get email and automated calls following up to offer to complete your suggested services. Prices aren't cheap either. I preferred Chaplin's.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 06/12/2018

Thank you Derek, we appreciate you taking the time to provide some feedback on your visit. As for the emails and phone calls, just let us know if you would like to be removed from the system. We can make any changes you would like to better serve you.

Mercer Island, WA
05/29/2018 Category: Service
Average Experience
I brought my new Legacy in for its first oil change and maintenance. The customer service agent said it would take 1-1.5 hours, so I waited in the customer lounge and had a coffee and cookie, which was very nice. The service ended up taking over 2 hours, but no one came in to tell me about the delay. When I went back outside to check on my car after waiting for so long, I was told that they were just finishing up. I was also disappointed to learn that car washing was not included, but was given a coupon for Brown Bear car wash only after I asked. It wasn't a great experience, but not horrible either.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 05/29/2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Our apologies for the delay in servicing your car. Your service advisor should have been updating you on any delays. As with any situation like this we will review it as a team in our morning meeting. Thank you again for your time.

Renton, WA
05/19/2018 Category: Sales
My purchase
They offered me really good price but it took 2 hours for all paperwork.
After the purchased I cam price for some used cars it seemed she harassed me about the bargain. I was so disappointed.

DAVIE L.
05/15/2018 Category: Service
Misunderstanding from the consultant
I think the consultant could be better trained, she wasn't being clear as to which filter to replace, and I was lead to believe it was the Engine air filter but it was the cabin air filter. The technician also left a ranch in my car...
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 05/15/2018

Hi Davie,

Thank you for the feedback. I will review this with your advisor to reinforce her product knowledge. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

SR
SUNG R.
Kirkland, WA
05/09/2018 Category: Service
Fingerprints
I remember old days( not that long) you bring car for services, they vacuum the driver side, sometimes they even wash.
Now, they leave you with the dirty fingerprints allover in side. I was bit disappointed.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 05/10/2018

Hi Sung,

Thank you for taking the time fill out this review. I do apologize for the dirty finger prints left on your car. I have added a complimentary detail service to your account for the next time you are in. Just let us know whenever you are ready.

DJ
DAVID J.
Subaru Impreza
05/09/2018 Category: Service
The shop mentioned the acceleration lag I had described was caused by oil being too full...
I was hesitant to believe that prognosis but optimistically drove away hoping to see reduced lag. I am perhaps, maybe seeing a slight improvement with the lag, however I clearly see the CVT on my particular Impreza not nearly performing at the level of the Forester loaner car i was given, which was very snappy and impressive at all speeds! I felt considerable lag one time when driving to work again this morning, short commute from east belleveu to downtown bellevue.

I hemmed and hawed between 2 and 3 stars, settled on 3 but think I'm being overly generous to be honest due to liking the shop generally. :)