Michael's Subaru of Bellevue

4.5

Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5

RYU H.
Renton, WA
03/08/2020 Category: Service
No phone response
I turned vehicle in because car transmission broke. Great initial service, took my car and lent me a loaner. Fantastic.

Afterwards I called to get updates on estimate. No pickup, I left a message, no callback. Called few days later, no answer.
Fast forward month later, after several unanswered phone calls, I call to find out my car was invoiced two days before. When I asked the receptionist when it was invoiced, she told me it did was not clear.
A little correspondence will take you guys much further. Very underwhelming
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 03/09/2020

Hello Ryu- Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Having informative feedback like this helps guide us in process changes. As a team will be reviewing your visit and make adjustments to ensure a better visit next time.

Subaru Impreza
03/03/2020 Category: Service
Seems okay
Seems like everything was done well but basic things like tire pressure wasn't really checked, was somewhat expecting a tire rotation(since it happens everytime i go for an oil change anyway) to be done but that didn't seem to happen either(this is somewhat on me to make sure)
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 03/11/2020

Thank you for the review. We would love to resolve any issues that may have occurred during your visit. Please feel free to reach out to us at 425.519.7199.

JOHN M.
North Bend, WA
02/28/2020 Category: Service
Did not rotate ties
Although the invoice says they rotated my tires, they did not. This is disappointing since I had the same experience another Subaru dealership, and I was paying attention. If you are not going to rotate the tires, don’t say you did. If makes me wonder if you did the oil change!
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 03/13/2020

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your feedback by bringing your concern to our attention. I have shared with our Service team for review to prevent in future. If you have additional feedback, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Thank you again for choosing Michael's and we look forward to future visits with you and your Subie!

(425) 641-2002

Carnation, WA
02/25/2020 Category: Service
Took longer than promised
All was well except :
1- took 1 hour longer than what they thought it would be. Please consider this was first 6000 Mile visit. they had to check all is well and just do an oil change
2- at the end, they forgot to set cars electronic system to rest that means my car still showed a service is required!
I have been their customer since 2018 and this was the first time I have seen them this sloppy job!
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 02/25/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the extra wait time during your visit. With the growth of Subaru over the years, it has increased the demand for service. While we have been working hard on keeping up with the demand, at times, we do experience longer than expected wait times. As for the maintenance reminder light, there is no excuse for that not being done. Please feel free to swing on by anytime and we will get that taken care of for you.

RU
ROGER U.
02/21/2020 Category: Service
Nice to have dealership close to home
Not all the work was done that I asked for. I need a tutorial to help me use all the features on car
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 02/21/2020

Hi Roger,

Thank you for the review. Ivan reached out to let me know he was able to resolve the additional items you needed addressed and that he set you up with our Subaru Delivery Specialist for a Subaru School appointment. Have fun with Josh, he knows it all!

ANDREW M.
Subaru WRX
02/11/2020 Category: Service
Long turn around time
I brought my car in after experiencing a drastic change in how my clutch felt. Spoke with Ivan, who is a great communicator, and he mentioned that the throw out bearing issue is very common on the 15’ WRX. I did some research and he was certainly right, thousands of folks report this same problem. I received a call back from Ivan on the same day (Tuesday Jan 28th) and he mentioned that I could try to call Subaru to see if they’d cover repairs OOW. So I did, and they needed to speak with Ivan before assessing my situation.

This is where the frustrating part comes in. I dropped my car off on a Tuesday, but the crew that was assigned to my car doesn’t work on Wed or Thur, so I had to wait until Fri to approve the work. I even called on Thursday to get an update or to try and approve the work with someone else in case parts needed ordered. I was told that I could only do this with Ivan, this phone call was also the first time I was offered a loaner car. I declined this because I figured my car would be done over the weekend. I was wrong.

Friday rolls around, I spoke with Ivan and approved the work (Subaru Corp gratefully gave me a $500 credit). He mentioned that parts may need to be ordered, but I figured as much and thought they’d be shipped and installed over the weekend. That’s when I realized that Ivan’s crew doesn’t work on Sunday’s either. The following week comes around and car still isn’t done before the next Tuesday / Wednesday break.

Long story short, Friday morning I got a call from another service manager who was covering for Ivan. He mentioned the repairs had been completed, but one of the service techs noticed rodent urine on my cabin air filter. So I approved work to disinfect the air system just incase. Over the phone I was told it was urine, but on the paper work it says the tech smelled the urine and checked my air filter and found a nest. At the end of the day I was called and told my car was ready for pickup. The icing on the cake is that, when I picked up my car, it hadn’t been washed. Every dealership I’ve ever been to has always given me a complimentary wash after the most basic service. I know it seems silly, but a nice clean car after dropping $2k takes a little bit of that sting off.

A few things about this process were irritating:
1. No one besides the crew assigned to my car could approve work or give updates. This ultimately added 3-5 days to my turnover time.
2. My car has 40k miles and has been well taken care of. A $2300 repair bill hurts.
3. 10 days seems like a long turn around.
4. Being offered a loaner car at the beginning would have been awesome.
5. Car was dirty when I picked it up.

I’ve always been a huge Subaru fan, my last 2 cars have been Subies. But the reliability of this WRX hasn’t been the best. Good chance I’ll be selling it and getting into something else in the near future.

Last but not least, I want to say that Ivan was great. He communicated clearly and helped me feel comfortable that my car was being handled. The constructive feedback of this review have nothing to do with him, his crew, or work ethic. Most of my frustration revolves around the piece where I couldn’t talk to someone else to approve work while Ivan had a day off.

Thank you for reading, please feel free to call if you’d like to discuss this experience further.
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 02/12/2020

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for reaching out. By sharing your experience with us we can work within our means to improve in future. We agree we would love to be able to help get you in and out faster, but there are limitation to preordering parts when a claim is involved. Just like insurance claims, Subaru claims have steps involed we need to follow to ensure coverage assistance. We are very happy to hear Subaru was able to help you out with $500, that's awesome!

Thank you for your patience and happy to hear your Subie is back on the road. I will be sure to share with Ivan and his team.

Subaru Impreza
02/04/2020 Category: Service
Too long
Was told service would take approximately 4 hours. Ended up being close to 8 hours.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 02/04/2020

Thank you for the review. We do apologize for the delay in completion. Please feel free to reach out to us so we can look into what exactly happened during your particular visit. Our goal is to ensure we always meet your expectations.

01/29/2020 Category: Service
Maybe the third try?
Standard service went fine and quick. However they were also supposed to clean the sticky film off the hub caps and that didn’t happen because of frozen pressure washer or water hoses. This was the 2nd time asking and we made sure this time it was listed on the appointment. Don’t know why they ever let the car off the lot looking like this in the first place. The first time the service Dept was asked to clean the hub caps was when a new tire was installed - thought it would be easy since all the wheel were off while the tires were rotated but it wasn’t listed on the appointment so another appointment was required. The 3rd try hopefully should work.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 01/30/2020

Thank you for the feedback. We do apologize for missing the wheel cleaning. Please contact our Service Department and we will make sure to make this our top priority! our number is 425.519.7199.

FS
FLORA S.
01/27/2020 Category: Service
Not totally happy
My complaint isn't with the last appointment I had, but the appointment before, the 30k check up of my car.
I think if this had been performed properly I wouldn't have had the last appointment. My last appointment was
for the battery going dead "again". When Scott told me they had replaced the battery I mentioned at that time I
thought the battery should have been checked during the 30k mile check up. Especially since it had been in for a dead
battery once before. Not happy with paying out some where in the neighborhood of $700.00 for the service. Makes me wonder what
else I paid for that wasn't done.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 01/27/2020

Hi Flora,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. To clarify our process, we check the battery with every maintenance we perform. Based on the results from the test equipment, we would either recommend a battery replacement or let you know that it is passing at the time of checking. The only exception to this is when a battery is older then 5 years and shows outward signs of needing replacement. At that time we may recommend replacement as a precaution.

We are very sorry that your battery left you stranded. That is a situation we never want to have happen to any of our customers.

Fortunately, in the end, we were able to get Subaru to cover the repairs. So hopefully that made up for the inconvenience.

If you would like to discuss this in greater detail feel free to contact Kirstin King our Customer Relations Manager at 425.641.2002.

Kirkland, WA
Subaru Crosstrek
01/14/2020 Category: Service
Average
The young man who helped me was very polite and wanted to do well!
Upon checking in for my appointment I informed him that a fog light was burnt out and also had a crack. I asked if he could give me an estimate for repair. He directed me to the parts department. I had to strongly urge to get an estimate.
The service was promptly completed. At check out, I had an estimate for repair of the cracked fog light which he said was not a deep crack. I asked if the fog light bulb had been replaced. I was told no. I asked if they could please take care of it. He said it would be another 30 minutes.
At other Subaru service centers, the service techs check for bulbs that need replacement and advise to do so. I wish that was the case here also.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 01/14/2020

Thank you for the feedback from your visit. We will be reviewing this at our next staff meeting to ensure proper processes are being followed at all times. We always check lighting as it is an important safety item. Our apologies for skipping this during your visit.

12/29/2019 Category: Service
While service is usually good here, and people are helpful, sometimes it is extremely slow. I had a 7am appointment for an oil change, and arrived then to find myself behind a line of cars. Then the appointment length was quoted up to 1.5 hours (which is already long for an oil change, especially when I had a specific appointment). I ended up waiting for 2 hours. While they gave me a small amount off my bill, I shouldn't have had to wait that long. I make appointments so that I can manage my time. I'm not sure if they were overbooked, understaffed, or put drop-ins ahead of me in line, but it was very frustrating.
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 12/30/2019

Thank you so much for bringing your concern to our attention. I have reached out to the service team to look into. We hope to find out what the delay was and how we can better assist in future. If you need anything in the meantime, please feel free to reach out.

CAROL B.
12/18/2019 Category: Service
Latest service
This team is always pleasant and efficient. Everything appears to be done, although we continue to have the ongoing issue with the external thermostat. They have adjusted it now 3 or 4 times, and it is still inaccurate, showing around 4 degrees above what the actual temperature is. This is a constant reminder to us that something is wrong. I'm not sure this time it was actually adjusted, as it didn't change. This appears to be a bad design by Subaru, disappointing. Still, I like bringing our vehicle to this service department and feel they do a good job.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 12/18/2019

Hi Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your visit. We do apologize that we were not able to provide you with a 5 star experience. Please feel free to contact Kirstin King our guest relations manager with any suggestions you may have to improve of Service Department. She can be reached at 425.641.2002 or kking@michaelsautomotivegroup.com

MICHAEL H.
San Francisco, CA
Subaru Impreza Wagon
12/07/2019 Category: Service
Friendly Staff, Lengthy Service
Came for an oil change on a 2014 WRX. Somehow, my keys were misplaced. The staff was more than accommodating and friendly. They even discounted my service. However, the delay caused me to spend more time than intended waiting. I will return again.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 12/09/2019

Thank you for the review Michael. We appreciate the feedback.

JV
JOSEPH V.
12/04/2019 Category: Service
Fine
They were very helpful in replacing the catalytic converter but the noise I initially came in for is still persisting.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 12/04/2019

Hello Joseph,

Our apologies that you are still experiencing a noise after replacing the cracked catalytic converter. One of our staff members will be reaching out to you shortly to schedule a follow up visit.

DENNIS R.
Seattle, WA
Subaru Crosstrek
11/14/2019 Category: Service
At least we had a loaner
We paid for the extra windshield insurance and it was a good thing because a rock hit it just days after the 6k service where they re-applied the crystal fusion treatment. A small crack grew to about eight inches. The reason this is a three star review is no one there knew how the insurance actually worked. We were told one thing by the finance guy when we purchased it but when we brought it in we were told something completely different. The finance guy told us we just bring it in and they do the rest. When we did bring it in we were told we had to call the company, document everything, and schedule a dealership visit. Well we did all that but it turns out the finance guy was right. So all the work we did the service guy ended up having to do it again. When the windshield was finally replaced one of the eyesight cameras went out so then that had to be replaced. At least we had a loaner. We had it for a week. My frustration is with departments not communicating with each other and leaving it up to us to figure it out. I am still really happy with my purchase and I am glad I got the extra coverage for the windshield. The issue was the confusion during the whole process. The service staff were friendly and doing their best. I can't be the first person to buy this coverage why wasn't this process known.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 11/18/2019

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the review. We do apologize for the confusion you experienced. Our team will be meeting this week to make sure we are all on the same page going forward. We appreciate
you bringing this to our attention.