Michael's Subaru of Bellevue

Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5rating 4.52

Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5rating 4.1111089
Overall Rating 2.2222222/5Overall Rating 2.2222222/5rating 2.2222222rating 2.2222222rating 2.2222222

Subaru Impreza Wagon
03/31/2019 Category: Service
hope for improved service behind the servce department doors.
I have been assured the bombardment of notificatiom of vital work not done at a recent visit will stop. All I asked is that when a warning of vital missed work is sent, some one tell me what it is. Was able to point out that one issue will be resolved in January next year as was noted and no one told me about the other one or would have had it done when the air bags were replaced. We will see if they do what was promised after my next visit. The staff in the service department has always been helpful and informative, it is the people behind them that seem to have no good reason.

03/31/2019 Category: Service
panic letters and phone calls
Thin k the flood of panic letters has been stopped at the dealership. Was getting phone calls and e mails saying that vital work was not done at last visit with no explaination of what was needed. COMPLAiNed to the dealership and have been assued it will stop. If something vital was missed tell me what. One item had been addressed and would be taken care of in January the other never mentioned. The people doing the work explained things and were efficent and helpful. The issue seems to be elsewhere in the organization.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 04/01/2019

Good Morning,

Since you marked this review anonymous we wont be able to look into your case specifically. However, we do our best to send reminders about services or repairs that are due or overdue. If you prefer not to have this sent to you please let one of our Advising staff know. We can update the system to remove you from these services. Once you are removed there still maybe a few more calls or emails until all sources have been updated. We do apologize if these reminders cause you to feel uneasy. That is never our intent. We only want to make sure you have a safe and hassle free experience with your Subaru. Please feel free to contact our Customer Experience Manager Lori Carver if you wound like to discuss this in more detail. She can be reached at lcarver@michaelsautomotivegroup.com or 425.641.2002.

HH
HARVEY H.
10/17/2018 Category: Service
Dead Battery on 2017 Outback
The Service Manager got right back to me and explained that they had conducted a software up date on the vehicle. Since the wife picked up the car, she may have missed that explanation. I feel confident that the problem was corrected and appreciate how diligent the Dealer was in getting back to me.

10/17/2018 Category: Service
Dead Battery on 2017 Outback
The vehicle had about 12,500 miles on it when we brought it in. A complete diagnostic was done on the electrical system to determine why the battery went dead. Nothing was found, so we have a car that will most likely go dead again. With the ignition off, and no curtesy lights on, there is no reason for this to happen. I'm not sure what to do about this problem; I may have to try another Dealer. This is a problem reported by other Outback Owners.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 10/18/2018

Good Morning Harvey,

It would appear that we didn't do a great job of explaining all the details of your visit. Hopefully you still have a copy of the invoice we gave you. If you look at the second job line on that invoice you can see that we did a software update. That particular update is to change the charging system logic within the engine control module. Prior to the update your charging system was not allowing the battery to be properly recharged during short driving distances. This would have caused the battery to discharge prematurely. We did check the battery and found it to be in good working condition. We preformed the software update to make sure it wont happen  again. Hopefully this clears up what happened during your visit. If you would like to discuss it in greater detail please feel free to give us a call at 425.519.7199.

RAMANUJAM S.
Redmond, WA
Subaru Impreza Sedan
04/24/2018 Category: Service
Awesome. My earlier comment was for Toyota and not Subaru
Impressive and they were fast and showed me ways I can do some of the cleaning work myself instead of spending money on new filters. Walked In and without an appointment and I was put in line without any fuss. They even gave me an extra Bear wash coupon when I mentioned I didn't get one earlier.

My earlier comment on the appointment miss was for Michaels Toyota and not Subaru (My Bad).

04/24/2018 Category: Service
No Notification
I booked for an appointment 2 weeks ahead and I was told I will receive a notification a day ahead and hence I didn't setup any alarms. I missed the appointment and they could not accomodate me for any time slot for the same day.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 04/25/2018

Hi Ramanujam,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. I am sorry that this happened to you. The team and I will review this in our staff meeting as a reminder that we always find a way to take care of our customers. Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss.

Russ M. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 04/25/2018

Ramanujam,

Thank you for the candid feedback it is appreciated as we use this for training purposes. Please accept my apology for not meeting our mutual expectation of a satisfying service experience. I will be reviewing this with all of our associates to be certain we always find a way to meet our customers needs. Please let me know what day and time would work for you to have your vehicle serviced and I will make the arrangements to have it completed. Thank you again and I look forward to getting this service completed if it has not already been performed.

Russ McDuffie

XZ
XINLIANG Z.
02/02/2018 Category: Service
Customer service is good
Although the 30k service did not go well as expected, the service manager replied immediately after the initial review. Glad that they value customer experience and feedback.

02/02/2018 Category: Service
Disappointed 30k service
My car had a 30k service on 1/22, but I noticed obvious noise after the service. I took the car back on 2/24, and was told the drive belt was making the noise and needed to be replaced. Inspection of drive belt was part of the 30k service, and I was told they somehow missed that. Hope the inspection could be more thorough so it worth the money and save a second trip.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 02/02/2018

Hello Xinliang,

Thank you for filling out a review for us. Based on your comments our staff didn't do a great job of explaining what went wrong with your belt. When we performed the 30k service on your car we inspected the belts for signs of wear or damage. In your case the belt passed the inspection. Unfortunately we don't always experience noises when we have them. With your car, the noise wasn't present when we did the service. This is why the technician didn't recommend replacing it. Also given the low mileage on the car we don't typically see this issue.

We certainly apologize for the inconvenience of having to come back for additional items. It is never our intention to have this happen. I have added a complimentary oil change service to your account to help offset this situation. Thank you for your time.

AKASH B.
Subaru Legacy Wagon
09/22/2017 Category: Service
Helped to make it right
After extremely poor service the first time around Chad (the manager) got in contact with me to remedy the situation and although it took a while he was very expedient in getting my car fixed again and making time. Chad also took responsibility for their side of the new problems and handled the situation satisfactorily.

09/22/2017 Category: Service
Extremely slow and unhelpful
I had an absolutely awful experience with Michael's Subaru. They were extremely slow to respond and would often promise to get back to me within a day or so, only to hear nothing for a week and have to call multiple times a day just to get in contact with my agent. When I was able to talk with my agent they were very uninformed and constantly making saying they didn't know about the severity, urgency, and cost of my repairs. The repairs themselves took much longer than expected and as soon as I picked up my car it had low air pressure and the steering pump was broken (even though their inspection claimed it was in perfect order). I've been waiting to hear back for over a week about help with this issue and have heard nothing.
Save yourself a headache and stay clear of these guys.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 09/27/2017

Hi Akash,

Thank you for working with us today. I trust that your are satisfied with the outcome of this situtation. Please let me know if you ever need anything else.

Best regards,

DJ
DAVID J.
Subaru Impreza
08/23/2017 Category: Service
Even though I had some hiccups with my 1st Subaru service, I really appreciated Chad the service mgr following up with phone call and wanting to resolve issues.
I like how Subaru is run as dealership, good cars, good service.

08/23/2017 Category: Service
Work was ok but could improve
Wrong parts arrived so car took 3.5 days to complete, then mentioned an issue about buzzing stereo even when car stopped and tech quickly looked at it and said was normal (which i highly doubt).
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/23/2017

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for taking my call. As we spoke about, feedback is so very important to us to help fine tune processes. Have a great day!

RICHARD W.
SUBARU OUTBACK
08/02/2012 Category: Sales
Couldn't be better (typo above in original review).
The sales staff was outstanding and very knowledgabe. They were helpful but not pushy. Many thanks to Roger and Ron. I have also had cars service there in the past and was very pleased with the service department.

08/02/2012 Category: Sales
Patience, caring, sincere
Couild be better. First class all the way. Even follow-up phone calls
Tyson C. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/02/2012
Hey Richard, we got your message about the typing error. We are glad you chose us for your business and we are happy that you enjoyed your experience with Ron and Roger. I'm going to send you a request to rescore, you can fix it there and it should be taken care of. Thanks

KJ
KATHRYN J.
SUBARU IMPREZA SEDAN
07/26/2012 Category: Sales
Correction to star rating
My experience at Chaplin's, and especially with Ron Everett, was outstanding. In my previous review, I selected the wrong end of the spectrum for my star rating--this rating should be a 5, not a 1. Great job, folks!

07/26/2012 Category: Sales
Great service from Ron Everett
My experience from start to finish was exceptional.
Tyson C. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 07/30/2012
Hey Kathryn, We enjoy hearing that you had such a great experience with Ron. He is a long time employee that we value and trust to take care of our customers. When you selected the star rating, I beleive you accidentally only selected 1 out of 5 stars. The star rating is important and if you could change it to 5 out of 5 to match your comments it would be appreciated. Online reputation is so important in the Auto industry and we want it to match your comments. Thanks again Kathryn for your comments and your business. Tyson

RO
RAUL O.
Fall City, WA
SUBARU LEGACY
06/26/2012 Category: Service
Frustration not solved!
On my last conversation with a Chaplin's Subaru advisor. It came to my attention that Chaplins indeed dosen't want to accomodate my needs and therefore I will seek service for my Subaru with other service shops that do the "SAME" quality work but for so much less $.

06/26/2012 Category: Service
Don't go to this Dealership for you service needs.
Very unhonest when it comes about price for an oil change. You want more on this issue please give me a call and I'll explain.
Tyson C. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 07/02/2012
Raul, Thank you for your feedback. Bradley explained to me the frustration you had with service. We use both positive and negative feedback to improve every day. Thank you for being our customer and sharing your thoughts with us.

TH
TINA H.
Tonasket, WA
07/22/2019 Category: Sales
How helpful and professional everyone was
Very helpful and professional ! I will recommend your dealership and when I’m ready for a new rig I will be back!! Thank you!!!
Lori C., Guest Relations Manager from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 07/22/2019

Thanks so much for the awesome review, and for the recommendation, Tina! We are here for you when you are ready for a new rig!

JOHN H.
07/20/2019 Category: Sales
Professional and hassle free
We negotiated an excellent price through the Internet sales department. The in-store sales and finance people were knowledgeable and easy to work with and answered all of our questions. We like the facility and plan to service our new vehicle there. We are very happy with our new Subaru.

Thanks so much for the great review, John! Congratulations on your new car!

HM
HARLENE M.
Bothell, WA
Subaru Crosstrek
crystal fusion
Subaru doesnot stand by the crystal fusion that was sold to me. I have called 4x to try to get my windshield repaired. please do not sell this product if you will not stand behind. their is no one I can get help to get my windshield repaired.

EM
ELINORE M.
Renton, WA
07/19/2019 Category: Service
Michael’s Subaru staff are FANtastic!
I was greeted by the manager who helped me because the drop off time was busy. To me, this is a sign of a great Manager - that they come out of their office & do what needs to be done to help front line staff. The front line staff are always courteous & were very helpful from service & parts to help me get repairs done in a cost-saving way.
Lori C., Guest Relations Manager from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 07/19/2019

Thank you for the great review, Elinore! So glad to hear Chad jumped in and helped when help was needed and that service took great care of you!

JULIE M.
Kent, WA
07/19/2019 Category: Service
They just do the right thing!
The best customer service experience.

Thanks so much for the awesome 5-star review and kind words, Julie!!

Subaru Tribeca (Natl)
07/17/2019 Category: Service
Nice but not efficient
Customer service is very nice- hope everyone the actual service is terribly slow and messy. I waited two hours for a standard, scheduled oil change. My car was not vacuumed or wiped down, instead it was grimy with finger prints left on the dash.

MF
MASHELLE F.
07/16/2019 Category: Service
Everyone was very helpful

Thanks so much for the 5-star review, Mashelle!

DONALD S.
Subaru WRX
07/16/2019 Category: Sales
My experience with Michael's Subaru was total satisfaction
I bought my new Subaru through the COSTCO auto buy program.
Everything about the purchase was as advertised. I was given honest answers and treatment from the sales staff at Michael's Subaru (Christian Graham).
I am totally satisfied.

Don S.
Lori C., Guest Relations Manager from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 07/16/2019

Thank you for the 5-star review, Don! I am so happy to hear we took great care of you with our Costco program. Congratulations on your new car!

KD
KATHRYN D.
Puyallup, WA
Subaru Impreza
07/15/2019 Category: Sales
Great salesperson but issues with finance department
Purchased the car 7/5. I got what I think is a good deal and I really liked Jerry. I brought my own approved financing and provided finance with the document to fax to my bank so they could wire funds. Seven days later, the funding document still had not been faxed to my bank. I had to call and email the dealer to find out what was taking so long. The form was finally faxed and my loan was funded by the bank the following day. As of today, 7/15 my trade still has not been paid off. It is past the 10 day payoff and interest is accruing beyond what the dealer agreed to pay. I will be responsible for the additional interest, although it is not my fault they took so long to fax the funding request to the bank. I also had to make a car payment on my trade today, which hopefully I will get back when the dealer eventually pays off the loan - the balance prior to my payment today. I called and emailed about my trade payoff, and no one has bothered to get back to me.

I have given the dealer every opportunity to fix this or at least let me know the status of paying off my trade prior to submitting this review.

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for taking time to talk with me. Everything should be taken care and reconciled soon for you. Please reach out to me if you have any other questions or concerns. I am always available to help out!

07/14/2019 Category: Service
Subaru oil change
Service was performed on time and I saved some cost using an online coupon.

We are so happy to hear you had a good experience in Subaru service. Thank you for the 5-star review!

MAURICE S.
Renton, WA
07/14/2019 Category: Sales
Great selection of quality automobiles at a convenient location.
The team members at Michael's Automotive Group are professionally trained staff . The team knows how to direct you to the vehicle that best meets your request.
The beautiful show ground has a great assortment of vehicles to select from.
After coffee, cookies and a friendly conversation with Tim Hunley, Tim and l found the vehicle that best fit my needs.
At my request ,l returned a few days later to finish the sale and pick up my new vehicle .
Tim has a lot of patience with me...
Connie Mah, the team member representing the finance manager helped me through the finish line with the traditional paper work that goes along with each purchase , my paper work on my behalf ended up not being so traditional. Once again Connie has a lot of patience with me. We made my paper work a custom one. Thanks for making this possible for me Connie...l now have my new car.
Tim guild through the steps and location of the service department .This will help me, when the car is due.
Tim showed me the features of my new car and how and when to use and also not to use. Very important...
I've had my car now for a few days and l'm glad we made the right choice.
Tim Hunley, Connie Mah and also all the team members that you don't see that participated with this successful process.
Thank you!
Maurice Singer

Wow! What an amazing review! Thank you so much for taking time to write it and share your experience. I am thrilled to hear of the great care you received from Tim and Connie! We are always here for you if you need anything, Maurice. Congratulations on your new Outback!