Michael's Subaru of Bellevue

Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5rating 4.52

Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5Overall Rating 4.1111089/5rating 4.1111089
Overall Rating 2.2222222/5Overall Rating 2.2222222/5rating 2.2222222rating 2.2222222rating 2.2222222

Lynnwood, WA
Subaru Impreza
06/12/2019 Category: Service
Subaru service department
I can get in and out of other dealerships in half the time it takes the express team here to do just an oil change WITH an appointment. And the time frame they quote is always so far off. And no snacks??? This was definitley my second and final oil change here. Too slow, waiting room boring, super irritating.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 06/12/2019

Thank you for the review. We would love to look deeper into the particulars of your visit to see what happened. Our oil change service include a tire rotation, brake check as well as a full multi point inspection. Typical time frame for this is about one hour depending on demand. We also offer complimentary fresh baked cookies, coffee, tea and water with free reusable water bottle. There are multiple TV's, free wifi, a kids play area as well as our new dog walking space.  Please feel free to reach out to Lori Carver our guest relations manager at 425.641.2002 to discuss this further.

Seattle, WA
Subaru Impreza Wagon (Natl)
06/11/2019 Category: Service
Changing where I service my car
The estimate (and eventual cost) I received when I was dropping off my car was double what I was quoted not once, but twice prior to scheduling the service. The tech checking me in proceeded to breakdown the estimate of what was being done, and how much each item would cost. Not being too car-savvy, I had no idea what could/should be done immediately and what could wait.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 06/12/2019

Thank you for the feedback on your visit. Since this review is anonymous I cannot look up what happened. Please feel free to reach out to Lori Carver guest relations manager at 425.641.2002 or lcarver@michaelsautomotivegroup.com. We would really like to make sure everything was perfect for you.

DONATO P.
Subaru Ascent
06/04/2019 Category: Service
Request information on sunroof damage
Our Subaru had a chip in the sunroof. I requested information on if the packages that we had purchased covered replacing it. I was told it was not, and that I would receive a call from someone with recommendations on who and where to have it sealed or replaced. Instead of hearing back with that information I was blasted with obnoxious requests to review my experience. Instead of blasting your customers with SureCritic emails and phone calls maybe make sure the job is done and the internal communication is fixed first?

Redmond, WA
04/28/2019 Category: Service
Not professional
Showed up for my appointment that we scheduled on the phone only to learn that they had to reschedule since they ran out of a part they needed. They knew in advance what I was coming in for and what parts were needed, but no phone call or heads up. Nope, Instead I wasted more than an hour just to learn that I freed up my schedule for nothing. Worse, I had to come back a week later and do it all over again.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 04/30/2019

Good Morning,

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by the temporary parts shortage. Many times we will not know of a shortage until its to late to respond. Because this review was anonymous we cannot look into what happened in your case. Please feel free to reach out to Lori Carver our Guest Relations Managers if you would like to review what happened. She can be reached at 425.641.2002 or lcarver@michaelsautomotivegroup.com

03/31/2019 Category: Service
hope for improved service behind the servce department doors.
I have been assured the bombardment of notificatiom of vital work not done at a recent visit will stop. All I asked is that when a warning of vital missed work is sent, some one tell me what it is. Was able to point out that one issue will be resolved in January next year as was noted and no one told me about the other one or would have had it done when the air bags were replaced. We will see if they do what was promised after my next visit. The staff in the service department has always been helpful and informative, it is the people behind them that seem to have no good reason.

03/31/2019 Category: Service
panic letters and phone calls
Thin k the flood of panic letters has been stopped at the dealership. Was getting phone calls and e mails saying that vital work was not done at last visit with no explaination of what was needed. COMPLAiNed to the dealership and have been assued it will stop. If something vital was missed tell me what. One item had been addressed and would be taken care of in January the other never mentioned. The people doing the work explained things and were efficent and helpful. The issue seems to be elsewhere in the organization.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 04/01/2019

Good Morning,

Since you marked this review anonymous we wont be able to look into your case specifically. However, we do our best to send reminders about services or repairs that are due or overdue. If you prefer not to have this sent to you please let one of our Advising staff know. We can update the system to remove you from these services. Once you are removed there still maybe a few more calls or emails until all sources have been updated. We do apologize if these reminders cause you to feel uneasy. That is never our intent. We only want to make sure you have a safe and hassle free experience with your Subaru. Please feel free to contact our Customer Experience Manager Lori Carver if you wound like to discuss this in more detail. She can be reached at lcarver@michaelsautomotivegroup.com or 425.641.2002.

03/21/2019 Category: Service
Frustrated
Came in for a quick recall ... ended up without my car for 2 days!
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 03/27/2019

Thank you for the review. We would love to know the full details of what happened during your visit to ensure it won't happen again. Please feel free to call us anytime at 425.519.7199.

02/07/2019 Category: Service
Customer Service Can Be Improved
It’s an okay dealer but leaves a lot to be desired in the facility and professionalism.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 02/08/2019

Thank you for the review. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your visit. We are always looking for ways to improve.

ROBERT C.
Issaquah, WA
Subaru Forester (Natl)
08/28/2018 Category: Service
Several stumbles
Subaru had notified us of 3 recalls. We made an appointment a week in advance so we thought Michael's would have enough time to fix the recalls. At the end of the first day, they called and said the car would not be ready. So i missed an evening appointment. They said the morning of the second day the car should be finished in the early morning but it wasn't until nearly noon - we missed a second appointment at noon. After picking up the car (the customer shuttle was the only high point), they called to say they had not installed all the parts so we had to come back for that. So we have some concern about Michael's management skills; however they were consistent polite with excuses.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/28/2018

Hello Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your visit. Based on your comments, we seriously fell short of a great experience. We will be reviewing what happened as a team this afternoon. The end goal is to ensure this never happens again. If you happen to have additional feedback you would like to share please feel free to respond to this email. As a team we apologize for how your visit went and pledge to learn from our mistakes.

CHRIS C.
Subaru XV Crosstrek
08/14/2018 Category: Service
Tires
They never asked if I had a warranty for a tire I needed to replace and the cost of replacing all four tires costed me more than I wanted to spend. I will look somewhere else next time I need new tires. The cost of labor almost doubles the total cost of the maintenance.

SCOTT B.
Kingston, WA
08/04/2018 Category: Service
Left rear strut remove and almost replaced
I had leaking strut on left rear. Car is still under warranty. I was told that the car was test driven before I got it back. I didn’t even make it out of the parking lot before I noticed a loud noise coming from the rear. Immediately took car back and the issue was resolved. Whoever worked on the car didn’t bolt the strut back on! Test drive? Nope I was lied to. Professional? Nope, couldn’t even bolt the strut back on. The job was not completed, and I was lied to.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/04/2018

Hi Scott,

I am so sorry that this happened to you. There is absolutely no reason for this to ever happen. Please know that we will investigate why this happen and take appropriate action to ensure this never happens again. We will follow up with you on Monday to review how we will make this right. Again on behalf of myself and the staff, we are very sorry this happened.

Renton, WA
Subaru Legacy Wagon (Natl)
07/25/2018 Category: Service
Not listening
Did not feel like the person checking us in and out were listening.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 07/28/2018

Thank you for the feedback on your visit. Based on your comments one of my staff members was not on their A-game that day. Hopefully you would be willing to give it another chance. If so please feel free to email me so I can make the arrangements.
Thank you for your time.

Washington
07/16/2018 Category: Service
Tire pressure light is on after a service
I received a full service oil change about a month ago. I'm wondering why my low tire pressure light has already come on with brand news tires that are only about 6 months old. I was told checking tires are standard with this service so it's perplexing to me that this light would already be on. I shouldn't have to come back in so soon for this type of thing.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 07/24/2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for us.  The tire pressure light comes on whenever tire pressure decreases by more then two psi. With that said, it is possible that there is a small leak in one of the tires. We would love to take a look at it to make sure that everything is on par. Feel free contact us at your convenience so we can arrange a time that works for you.

Subaru Crosstrek
07/02/2018 Category: Sales
Meh...just OK
Don’t think I got the best deal or service. Would recommend another Subaru dealership in the area.

BN
BRETT N.
07/02/2018 Category: Service
Last service was pretty poor
I came in for an oil change and to have my TPMS reprogrammed into the car. I'd just switch from my winter wheels/tires to summer wheels and tires.

I spoke to someone there who got it all put on their records and then told me the TPSM relearn would be something like $65. Which, is a bit ridiculous for a 5 minute job, but asked them to do it anyway. When I got my car back, they'd done the oil change, but said I had an oil leak and they couldn't figure out where it was coming from. But, didn't tell me where they actually saw oil, just that they saw some... whatever that means. Then they said that my TPMS light was flashing, indicating that I needed to come back for a TPMS diagnostic, and that I'd probably need new sensors... for roughly $1200. I tried to explain that the TPMS system did indeed have a fault, the fault that the programmed ids belong to tires in my garage, and not on my car and that they needed to do the relearn that I asked for, but eventually gave up.

Scanning each tire to see if the TPMS sensor works takes roughly 5 minutes or less, I'm not sure why they didn't just do it, or why I would have needed separate service appointment just do to that. I ended up just buying an autel tool that can do the scan and write the IDs to the ecu, and that worked just fine.

I'm pretty sure they actually changed my oil though.

JAMES S.
06/19/2018 Category: Service
Care only about the cash
Michael's Toyota is the reason I changed to Subaru when I needed a new car. The corporate synergy with the Subaru dealership next door is complete.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 06/19/2018

Hi James,

Thank you for the review. We would like to be able to resolve any issue you may have had during your recent visit. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do.

425.441.4530

Bothell, WA
Subaru Impreza
06/19/2018 Category: Service
6k standard maintenance appointment - Disappointed
Over all I've enjoyed the times I've been to this dealer, including purchasing my brand new Subaru which has been great. After having to get the stereo replaced from a defect that it had from delivery to a crack in the windshield that was present after that service which was promptly fixed by one of your on site chip repair contractors which I am grateful for. My last service left me with a bad feeling of how things may go in the future. I have prepaid maintenance as well as probably half of the extra warranty coverage that was offered at signing as I wanted as worry free ownership as possible, which brings me to why I am not giving a 5 star review today. At my 6k appointment I found at once my car was already returned to the service bay and I was checking out with the service adviser that the technicians had seen maggots falling out from under my car and that there must of been something dead inside my engine bay but if I would like to come back and pay $100 they can do an engine bay cleaning for me. This worries me for two main reasons, first off if there is some type of dead animal under my hood close to my engine then that poses a serious fire risk which they didn't even mention, secondly whatever got in there could of chewed on wires also posing an overall safety risk to myself and others while I operate my vehicle. I have looked inside my engine bay to try and determine the location of said animal and was only able to see some fur from the underside of my engine bay sticking out a small hole. As I do not have the proper equipment to lift my vehicle and remove the animal and inspect my vehicle I am left not only with a potential safety issue but disappointed that the service technician who reported seeing the issue didn't simply remove the skid plate/cover and remove said issue while also inspecting for any potential damage.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 06/19/2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with great feedback from your visit. From what I read in your review the Service advisor didnt do a great job of explaining our process. Typically we do an inspection, removal (if necessary), and clean up of the area in question. Should we find additional damage or repairs, we would contact you with an estimate. Unfortunately this didn't come across very well.  We would like to make things right with you. If you are interested, we will cover the cost of this service whenever you are ready. Please feel free to contact me at the number or email below and I will set everything up.

06/08/2018 Category: Service
Problems not fixed
Went 3 times for the same problems but still the problems are there. There are noises coming from the dashboard and nearby areas.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 06/12/2018

Good morning,

We would love to continue to find the source of the rattles. Please give us a call to schedule a time to meet with us when you are available. For cases like this, we would like you to go for a ride with one of our technicians to ensure we are on the same page. Noises are one of the most difficult repairs we have to deal with. Please let us know what works for you.

TP
TODD P.
Subaru Legacy Wagon
06/06/2018 Category: Service
Excellent detail job, but stuff went missing
The detail job got my 16 year old car cleaner than it has been since I got it new. I was amazed. But my Kindle was broken and lightening to audio converter cable for my iPhone went missing.

DONALD B.
Monroe, WA
Subaru Legacy
05/29/2018 Category: Service
Customer service was okay, execution of service was poor.
Sadly... our first time to Michael's may be our last. We came in for "Express Services", to have the oil change and tire rotation done. We were quoted two and half hours for this service. Though pretty long for an oil change and tire rotation, we agreed to wait it out, as we were going to look at Tacoma's at your sister dealership. After 2.5 hours, was called to be advised that it was highly suggested that both the cabin and engine air filters needed to be replaced. I agreed to have these items taken care of, but this added another 45 minutes onto the service of my vehicle.
I was called that the car was complete, had no issues with paying for the services provided, and then took possession of my car. With in 5 minutes of driving away, the distinct odor of burning oil became strong, as well as small whiffs of smoke coming out from under the hood. Someone had slopped oil while refilling my engine oil, which is an understandable occurrence. What I didn't understand, was why someone didn't feel they needed to clean that up better. Admittedly- I did not contact the service department to complain about this.
Combined with the odd experience of trying to look at a new Tacoma at the other show room... we were pretty put off by our day's experience at Michael's dealerships.

The cherry on the cupcake: I'm presented a voucher for a "Free" carwash at Brown Bear, a company that is notorious for damaging vehicles and not taking proper responsibility for any damages caused.

Now... You may be probably considering my words harsh, uncalled for, or that I'm being unreasonable. But I have been in Customer Service ALL of my working history. And though the smiles and manners were present, the quality of the product was not.

JASON L.
North Bend, WA
05/03/2018 Category: Service
Double charged
I came in about a year ago because my back window brake light was leaking. A year ago they opted just to reseal it and not replace it. Same problem happened this year but because I was 1 day outside the warranty period (even though I had called 2 weeks earlier to make an appointment), they stuck me with the bill of basically doing the same thing twice.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 05/04/2018

Hi Jason,

Thank  you for taking the time to fill out this review. We apologize for the issue with the warranty on the parts. Unfortunately we are bound to the rules that Subaru provides us in regards to warranty. If you would like to discuss this with Subaru directly please call Customer Care at 1.800.782.2783. Should you want to discuss this further with us please feel free to contact us anytime.