Michael's Subaru of Bellevue

4.5

Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5

CO
CARLOS O.
Issaquah, WA
03/12/2020 Category: Service
Customer service is very bad
I have had to take my car 3 times due to different issues (so not scheduled visits). Each of those times they have accepted the vehicle, which is good, but then they never call or provide any update on the car. Usually after 2 business days I would call, don't get any answer, call back again next day and talk to someone (who is not the person in charge of my car) who promise will call me back with the status and never does, and then only by the next day I find someone that is able to tell me that my car has been ready for couple of days already.

I bought my car here and it is still under warranty... and nevertheless the service is just BAD.
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 03/13/2020

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your feedback. Without an appointment, we will always try to accommodate the best we can and appreciate your understanding that it may be awhile for us to squeeze in between appointments. Regardless, we apologize for the communication delay. As our customer, your experience is very important to us and with your feedback we can look into how to prevent for future. Thank you again for choosing Michael's to purchase and service your vehicle and we look forward to assisting you for your future service appointments.

SCOTT S.
Subaru Legacy
02/12/2020 Category: Service
Need help with customer service
I have been recently brining my 2013 Legacy 3.6R in to Michael’s Subaru for oil changes and services. They just did my 60k service and have changed oil replaced my cracked windshield and done various other services. The one service they have not perfected is customer service. I have come in recently and found that while they do the job. It’s just a job. I have found that they aren’t much in the caring department when it comes to treating your vehicle like it was there own. I’ve asked on numerous occasions for them to do minor things like vacuum or clean the windows. I’ve found scratches on my rims, grease all over my rims and missing air caps every time they rotate my tires, or plastic that they left in my car. This is to most minor stuff. But I love my car and I try to treat it like I just got it everyday. I’m super disappointed with the quality of there service. They don’t treat my car with the respect I do. It’s just a job. Remember that the next time you decide to use them.
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 02/13/2020

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your feedback, we will be sure to remind our team to watch for the small yet still important details.

We apologize for the inconvenience as we no longer offer a car wash with service. As a part of our community commitment, we provide a Brown Bear coupon with each service. With this option we are able to help reduce water waste.

My Service manager let me know however, that this time he was able to help you out by providing a complimentary detail. I hope that helped make your day as we appreciate your loyalty.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with and enjoy your day!

NJ
NICK J.
02/01/2020 Category: Service
Love it or hate it
I love it that you folks managed to do my service on the same day, I hate that I asked for the controller arm to be checked while the car is on the jack and that request got ignored or forgotten, so I'm not happy
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 02/03/2020

Hi Nick,

Thank you so much for reaching out. I was able to find some notes on your previous repair order regarding the results of the control arm inspection. Your Service Advisor will be reaching out to go over with you to see how you wish to proceed. Thanks again for reaching out so we could follow up with more information for you.

SG
SARAH G.
Subaru Impreza
01/15/2020 Category: Service
Not great but got the job done
My car got fixed quickly. Did the shuttle option and had some issues with the pickup. Ended up getting to the dealership 2 hours after the pickup call was made. Recommend getting a loaner if you have time constraints.

Be careful when purchasing and installing parts from them. I was originally quoted one price by the parts department and then was almost up charged 3x that by the service department while the prices were clearly advertised on their website. Felt like they were trying to scam me. Definitely bring in your quote if you have it.
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 01/15/2020

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for reaching out with your feedback. By bringing this to our attention we will be looking into your concern to resolve any miscommunication between departments. If you wouldn't mind discussing this further so we can most improve upon, please contact me at (425) 441-4517 or kking@michaelsautomotivegroup.com.

PN
PAULOMI N.
Sammamish, WA
01/07/2020 Category: Service
Headlight bust right after servicing
It’s usually good but this time right after servicing the right headlight was gone. With a busy work and home schedule we’re having to take out additional time to get the bulb issue sorted out. Very disappointed!
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 01/08/2020

Thank you for the review. We do apologize that your headlight went out after your service. Please give us a call at 425.519.7199
so we can make arrangements to replace the bulb for you.

ALAN M.
Issaquah, WA
12/28/2019 Category: Service
Wiper Replacement Fail
During a service appointment in December 2018 I asked for the front wipers to be replaced. I was advised the OE wiper inserts were no longer available and the cartridge assemblies must be replaced at a cost of $48 plus tax. Days later when I drove in rain both wipers were streaking. At my next opportunity in in February 2019 and coinciding with a recall order I asked that the the wipers be replaced under warranty. Weeks later while driving in the rain it was clear the wipers were still streaking. I returned to the dealership in December for a second warranty replacement. The wipers are still streaking badly, to the extent I believe the car unsafe to drive at night during a steady rain. I rate two stars because the service writer was courteous and did her best to respond to my concern as quickly as possible. I watched her replace the wiper cartridges herself rather than wait on a service technician.
KK
Kirstin K., Customer Relations from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 12/30/2019

Hi Alan,

Thank you so much for bringing you concern to our attention. I have reached out to your service team to look into and follow up. If you need anything in the meantime, please feel free to reach out.

Subaru Legacy
10/26/2019 Category: Service
Slow
Took my car in for a routine Oil Change and check up. Was told it would take just over an hour. Ended up taking over two with no explanation. Even when I was told my car should be ready soon it was 45 minutes until I got my car back.

Main desk service was at least friendly an apologetic, but service was still slow.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 10/28/2019

Thank you for the review! We are actively hiring more staff to help speed up the wait time. Hopefully by your next oil change our new hires will be trained and ready to go!

Subaru WRX
09/13/2019 Category: Service
Great service, poor tire recommendation
I took my wrk to be service and had a slow leak in my tire from a nail. Subaru said the tire was not fixable and I would need 4 new tires, but didn’t have availability that day to install the tires. I took it to Les Schwab telling them what Subaru told me, turns out the tire was safe to be repaired and they did so at no charge. A little disappointed in their recommendation to sell me new tires.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 09/13/2019

Thank you for the review. To clarify on the tire repair, it is our policy to not repair any puncture within one inch of the sidewall of the tire. We also will not repair any speed rated or performance tires. These are typically found on the WRX/STI models. Safety is  our priority. We know this may conflict with what other tire shops will say or do. We would love to explain in more details if you are interested.If so please feel free to contact Kirstin King or Quality Control Manager at 425.641.2002

WZ
WILLIAM Z.
Spokane, WA
Subaru Impreza Sedan (Natl)
08/28/2019 Category: Service
My recent trip to Michael's
I went in for Subaru Safety Recall WUE-90 Brake Lamp Switch Recall NHTSA Recall ID 19V-149 Regarding VIN: JF1GE75618G504216.

I had to go in twice for this service. Both times failed to produce a positive result in getting the part replaced and in working order. After the fist appointment I had to go in the next day to get the relay adjusted because it was not set properly. After the 2nd time at the service center the lights for my hill assist, ABS and VTC lights came on again within 5 minutes of me leave.

At this time I have opted to no longer go to the service center due to the inability of their techs to properly finish this simple job. I am going back to my regular mechanic so ti gets done correctly the first time.

Sorry - first time I can give a pass for the work. the 2nd time, that's your fault for not double checking and showing the customer you can't properly take care of it.

Bill Zakopyko
509-939-8785
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 08/28/2019

Thank you William for letting us know how your visit went. We have gone back and looked at exactly went wrong during your recall repair. Thanks to your feedback we were able to correct the issue quickly.As a team we all apologize for inconvenience this caused you. We definitely learn from our mistakes!

HM
HARLENE M.
Bothell, WA
07/19/2019 Category: Service
crystal fusion
Subaru doesnot stand by the crystal fusion that was sold to me. I have called 4x to try to get my windshield repaired. please do not sell this product if you will not stand behind. their is no one I can get help to get my windshield repaired.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 07/23/2019

Hi Harlene,

We apologize if you have encountered some issues in trying to get your window repaired. To get the process started you will need to contact Crystal Fusion directly. The claims number will be in the paperwork you received at the time of purchase. They will then make all the arrangements for repairs for you. If you no longer have your paperwork please contact your sales person who can help you get a new copy.

Subaru Tribeca (Natl)
07/17/2019 Category: Service
Nice but not efficient
Customer service is very nice- hope everyone the actual service is terribly slow and messy. I waited two hours for a standard, scheduled oil change. My car was not vacuumed or wiped down, instead it was grimy with finger prints left on the dash.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 07/23/2019

Thank you for review. We would love to look further into your visit to see where we can improve. Please feel free to contact Lori Carver our guest relations manager @ 425.641.2002 to discuss this in greater detail.

Lynnwood, WA
Subaru Impreza
06/12/2019 Category: Service
Subaru service department
I can get in and out of other dealerships in half the time it takes the express team here to do just an oil change WITH an appointment. And the time frame they quote is always so far off. And no snacks??? This was definitley my second and final oil change here. Too slow, waiting room boring, super irritating.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 06/12/2019

Thank you for the review. We would love to look deeper into the particulars of your visit to see what happened. Our oil change service include a tire rotation, brake check as well as a full multi point inspection. Typical time frame for this is about one hour depending on demand. We also offer complimentary fresh baked cookies, coffee, tea and water with free reusable water bottle. There are multiple TV's, free wifi, a kids play area as well as our new dog walking space.  Please feel free to reach out to Lori Carver our guest relations manager at 425.641.2002 to discuss this further.

Seattle, WA
Subaru Impreza Wagon (Natl)
06/11/2019 Category: Service
Changing where I service my car
The estimate (and eventual cost) I received when I was dropping off my car was double what I was quoted not once, but twice prior to scheduling the service. The tech checking me in proceeded to breakdown the estimate of what was being done, and how much each item would cost. Not being too car-savvy, I had no idea what could/should be done immediately and what could wait.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 06/12/2019

Thank you for the feedback on your visit. Since this review is anonymous I cannot look up what happened. Please feel free to reach out to Lori Carver guest relations manager at 425.641.2002 or lcarver@michaelsautomotivegroup.com. We would really like to make sure everything was perfect for you.

DONATO P.
Subaru Ascent
06/04/2019 Category: Service
Request information on sunroof damage
Our Subaru had a chip in the sunroof. I requested information on if the packages that we had purchased covered replacing it. I was told it was not, and that I would receive a call from someone with recommendations on who and where to have it sealed or replaced. Instead of hearing back with that information I was blasted with obnoxious requests to review my experience. Instead of blasting your customers with SureCritic emails and phone calls maybe make sure the job is done and the internal communication is fixed first?

Redmond, WA
04/28/2019 Category: Service
Not professional
Showed up for my appointment that we scheduled on the phone only to learn that they had to reschedule since they ran out of a part they needed. They knew in advance what I was coming in for and what parts were needed, but no phone call or heads up. Nope, Instead I wasted more than an hour just to learn that I freed up my schedule for nothing. Worse, I had to come back a week later and do it all over again.
Chad B. from Michael's Subaru of Bellevue responded on 04/30/2019

Good Morning,

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by the temporary parts shortage. Many times we will not know of a shortage until its to late to respond. Because this review was anonymous we cannot look into what happened in your case. Please feel free to reach out to Lori Carver our Guest Relations Managers if you would like to review what happened. She can be reached at 425.641.2002 or lcarver@michaelsautomotivegroup.com