AF
ALECIA F.
Acworth, GA
07/20/2019
Auto visit
I had to deal with someone different than normal and it was not the best experience. I made an appointment and confirmed what I needed and was thrown out a price much more than quoted and before even looking at my brakes. I was told at my last oil change a price and exactly what I needed. They guy did not even reference my file he just threw an ungodly number at me. I must say I definitely did not have the experience I am used to there. I don’t even think they did the normal airing of the tires and topping off fluids. I was quoted for Rotors an no one even looked at the car. I had to pay almost 100 more than quoted. On a positive note they always welcome my dog and that makes me continue to go there.
Megan J., HR from Mike The Mechanic Kennesaw responded on 07/22/2019

Ms. Frazier,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I looked at your history file and found no documentation of any estimates from your last oil change. However, you may have gotten a verbal estimate. Here at MTM we don’t give quotes on auto repair, but we do give estimates. The main difference between a quotation and an estimate is that: a quotation is an agreed fixed price, in which would have been in writing. An estimate is an approximate price that may change. The pads that you had put on your car are good pads, O.E., not just the cheap aftermarket ones. I reviewed your work order and the price you were charged, and you were charged appropriately. We recommend always doing rotors with brake pads so that we can warranty them. What tends to happen when you don’t replace rotors with new pads is the new pads wear unevenly and don't last and you may hear screeching sounds.

We hope you take this information into consideration. We want nothing more than to keep you and your vehicle safe and on the road.

RT
ROBERT T.
Buick Century
07/19/2019
Repair update
After discussing my concern with management, I'm certain the windshield crack was NOT due to negligence by the shop. Sorry for the poor initial score. I just didn't know where to turn with this issue.

07/19/2019
Broken windshied
I had several services completed, and we have not had it out of the shop long enough to know how well the repairs were done. HOWEVER, upon receiving the car back we noticed a crack in the windshield that was not there when dropping off the vehicle. A different family drove the car to the shop and verified that the crack was not there at that time. We'd like to hear back about how we can remedy this situation.

Robert Thompson
Megan J., HR from Mike The Mechanic Kennesaw responded on 07/22/2019

Mr. Thompson,

When the vehicle was brought in to MTM we noticed a slight fracture in the windshield. Small cracks can propagate into larger ones in an instant. Temperature swings can put extra stress on the windshield and make it more prone to breaks.  The combination of a scorching summertime heat wave and a powerful air conditioner can be too much for your windshield to bear. The difference in temperatures between the inside of your car and the outside can put added pressure on an already-damaged windshield.  When that happens, chips and cracks get bigger.  Even if you have a tiny crack, a rainstorm or the water you use to wash your car can make its way underneath one layer of glass and get stuck – which can weaken the structural integrity of the entire windshield! It is very common for a crack to start “walking” up the windshield when put on a lift. This is caused by the frame slightly shifting and twisting.

We hope you take this information into consideration.

Megan J., HR from Mike The Mechanic Kennesaw responded on 07/25/2019

Mr. Thompson,

Thank you for your consideration and for taking the time to rescore us. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the services at Mike the Mechanic.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Thanks again for your business!

AD
ANTHONY D.
Kennesaw, GA
Hyundai Equus
04/18/2019
Oil change board advertisement
The $49.99 5 Qt full syn oil special is a bit misleading I would think. I knew by car would hold appx 6.5 quarts of oil but I could not fully identify with the $75 charge for his service. Another 1.5 quarts of oil should not have been an addition charge of $25 of added expense, maybe $60 total? I even inquired about the advertised cost day before when I made appointment????? I would think that the special also included cost for oil filter?
Megan J., HR from Mike The Mechanic Kennesaw responded on 05/01/2019

Mr. Davis,

Thank you for your review.

The extra capacity oil is not the only issue with this vehicle. It also has a cartridge oil filter and a lower engine cover which requires more time to remove and replace. MTM regularly finds that the cartridge filters were not replaced by the previous "Lube Shop" You may want to refer to CBS 46 News and type in "Havoline".

MTM does what customers pay for, others may not.