Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene

SEAN C.
Rathdrum, ID
07/14/2020 Category: Service
Warranty
I had sunroof issue with a new F150 truck that I bought here at Mike White Ford in October. They should have taken care of the issue rather than charging me $600 to fix a issue that was manufacturing flaw with the sunroof. I am planning on buying a new F350 this fall and I will be taking my business elsewhere!

Spokane, WA
Subaru Crosstrek
07/13/2020 Category: Service
Messed up an oil change
I came in to get my oil changed and tires rotated. I was there for 3 hours because the mechanic didn't thread on the lug nuts straight and snapped the stud.

KR
KELLY R.
Athol, ID
07/13/2020 Category: Service
Warranty work
My 2019 escape was found to have a leak at the rear main seal. It was covered under warranty including a rental. Poor communication from the service writer did not include the repair would have to be rescheduled as initial appoIntment was for diagnosis of an issue that had already been found during an oil change. Forward ahead a week to the repair appointment again the need to be transported to a rental car agency and as not communicated. I was told I would be receiving a car, specifically asked if a car was alright. I was given a full sized truck, which I was not comfortable driving. Received resistance from supervisor Chelsea on getting a different rental I would feel safe in, but did eventually get a different vehicle after spending approximately 2 hours trying to drop my car off. I was delighted when I got a call the next day stating my car was ready. I made it halfway down one of the lot rows in the dealership lot before my car made a horrible clunking sound and the transmission failure light came on. I immediately went inside and the service writer came out and attempted to drive the car. He stated he wasn’t going to try to move it. He later moved it to the shop. After being assured my vehicle was going to be top priority, I called the shop the next day to inquire about the issue. I was told a sensor was not plugged in. I stated I wanted that in writing. When I picked up the car later that day I was given the typical work orders and told it was what I needed. Being that it was a Friday evening and I was completely done with this situation I left. Sunday night I noticed I was leaking copious amounts of oil from my car. Monday morning I yet again returned my car to the shop. The attendant checked the oil and there was only 2 quarts left in it. I spoke with Ed the service manager and explained I would like a narrative of exactly what had happened stating explicitly the car was driven without the sensor being plugged in and the oil leak. At this time Ed nodded his head and said “ok”. Ed assures me he would be in contact regarding my car. At noon the next day I called Ed because I had not heard anything. He said they hadn’t torn into it yet but someone in the shop said the seal can roll. I didn’t hear anything else until I was told my car was ready. As I was going through the work order I noticed there was no narrative and no mention of the fact the car was driven without the sensor being plugged in. I was told the work order was good enough. After debating back and forth unnecessarily with Ed he finally amended the order. Overall this was a horrible situation. While I can have some understanding mistakes happen, not plugging in a sensor to a transmission appears to be more incompetence than a mistake. Furthermore, communication and service training for employees seems to be in order. Most of my frustration could have been eliminated with proper communication and customer service. I should not have to argue with a manger of a business for them to acknowledge their poor work and potential damage caused to my vehicle through no fault of my own. In the end, I needlessly spent several hours dealing with this issue. I was late to work on multiple occasions and made multiple trips to the service department. The customer service was poor at best. It appears my car is finally fixed and I was offered two car washes. Needless to say I don’t have much faith in this service department.

RT
RICHARD T.
Athol, ID
07/05/2020 Category: Service
When it comes to the things they tell you when it comes to buying a car is you get every thing and then when it comes to getting things replaced when they fall off on the high way they could care less!
Terrible DEALERSHIP I wouldn't send any of my friends to this place !!! I have a message on my phone from there service dept. that they would split the cost on a part because apparently a BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty on a car doesn't mean S !!!!. There smooth talking salesmen are there for you when you spend MONEY but when it comes to you saying that's what you told me they say I DIDN'T SAY THAT I WOULD NEVER SAY THAT!! Typical salesman they would probably rip there own mom and dad off. Getting ready to buy a new truck probably go to another Ford dealer. Been buying fords since 1979 my forth truck. MAYBE it's time to go to another brand if ford doesn't honor a BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY!!!

ROBERT W.
Coeur D'Alene, ID
Ford EXPL
07/03/2020 Category: Service
Poor service
Promised estimate cost increased several times. Problem never resolved ending in nearly $500 with no end in sight.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 07/03/2020

Robert, we're sorry that we weren't able to meet your expectations. We did offer several considerations after the diagnosis, including some generous price adjustments, in an effort to aid you. We wish that we could have come to a different resolution. We would be open to discussing these possibilities again if you are interested. If you would like, please call Ed (service manager) at 208-664-9211. Thank you.

PD
PAUL D.
Harrison, ID
05/24/2020 Category: Service
Employees
No one wears a mask at Mike White Ford and that is a management error. This is the reason I gave you only 1 Star. Facemasks reduce the spread of COVID-19, that is the evidence based science ( nothing to do with politics). For every 6 people who wear a mask we prevent 1 COVID-19 case. As an emergency physician I would like to see as few COVID-19 cases as possible. Your employees all wearing a Face mask would send a strong message that you care for your customers. Telling customers to wear a facemask would send a strong message that you care for your employees
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 05/26/2020

Paul, first and foremost, we'd like to thank you for your hard work during these complicated times. We would also like to see as few COVID-19 cases as possible. Mike personally purchased high quality, multi layer masks for employees and they were distributed. We have not required these masks to be worn, but have encouraged their use.

As one of the employees who wears a mask regularly, I can assure you that there are some of us wearing them. We completely agree with the evidence based science and encourage both employees and customers to wear masks. Our customers and our employees mean the world to us and we are taking very strict measures in terms of cleaning and disinfecting areas and high touch points. We also completely altered the layout of our showroom and waiting areas to allow for social distancing. Thank you for reaching out and we sincerely thank you and all health care workers for everything that you're doing! You are all heroes!

KR
KENNETH R.
Coeur D Alene, ID
04/27/2020 Category: Service
Frustrated
The best part of the service was the dealership remembered I needed a loaner car while my truck was in the shop.
I was not happy the truck needed two parts replaced. I question the quality of Ford products. At this point, I'm not sure the transmission issue has been resolved.
Another issue was the truck took almost two days to repair, when I was told one. I would assume Ford has something telling how long it should take to repair or replace each part. So almost a full extra day is surprising to get something fixed. Plus being without my only business truck an extra day is difficult on my business.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 05/04/2020

Kenneth, we've left you two messages trying to get a hold of you to discuss your situation and see what we can do to improve the situation. Please call us back at your earliest convenience. (208) 664-9211 and you can speak with Adam (your service writer), or Chelsea (Assistant Service Manager) or Ed (Service Manager.) All three are aware of your situation and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. Thank you.

Harrison, ID
01/03/2020 Category: Service
awful
poor service department
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 01/07/2020

Anonymous, thank you for reviewing us. We also appreciate that you took the time to speak with us today over the phone. We apologize for miscommunication regarding call-backs and previous experiences. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to work with you again.

Careywood, ID
Ford Super Duty F-550 DRW
12/29/2019 Category: Service
Yet ANOTHER Mis-Diagnosis
Took our car in for a recall repair. While fixing it, they broke a part that they didn't have. Brought it back later only to find the part wasn't really in. Took it back again and had to be given a loaner because they couldn't get it fixed. Weeks for a simple replacement part and never a single apology. Then took my truck in because it smokes. Diagnosed as bad glow plugs. Almost a thousand dollars later, still just as bad. Went to a real diesel mechanic and was told it was the injectors. Explained very clearly why and how to fix. Waste of money at Mike White. Took another truck to Mike White to check for an oil leak. Was told they had two or three master technicians look at it and confirmed it was a bed plate leak that could be fixed for more than $4,400. Took it to a diesel mechanic and after just five minutes determined it was the rear seal on the transmissions and definitely not the bed plate. Showed me why it was not a bed plate leak and that the engine would not need to be pulled like Mike White wanted to do. I really miss Lake City Ford. I like Ford products, but since there are no good service centers in either CDA or Sandpoint, it makes me want to go to another brand.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 01/03/2020

Anonymous, thank you for taking our phone call so that we could discuss your situation. We're glad that we're in the process of working with you and looking forward to reaching a solution that will help begin to earn your trust. We thank you for choosing Mike White Ford.

Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
11/20/2019 Category: Service
Service Dept needs help
I’m not sure if any of the service writers have a whole lot of experience. They do not value customers time.

KENYA B.
Ford Transit Van
10/29/2019 Category: Service
Ford transit
They didn't properly put on the end pieces on the track I paid extra for, one feel off and dealing with Jacob is like beating my head against a brick wall...
Then my slider door isn't shutting, leaving on my day lights... which wears on the battery, I took it in, and they couldn't find anything wrong with it...i won't buy from there again.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 11/01/2019

Kenya, we have called and left a few messages trying to invite you to return so that we can try to assist you further with your vehicle. Please call us back at (208) 664-9211 and ask for Joe, who would love to help schedule an appointment that is convenient for you. We want to try and serve you!

JERRY H.
10/21/2019 Category: Service
Service Disaster
Today I placed my truck in the hands of the service department. I thought this was a great idea, boy was I mistaken.
on leaving the facility I drove directly to the freeway, barely down the on the hood begins to rise TOTALLY blocking my vision. I made an emergency stop on the bottom of the exit, which also happens to be the exit ramp for another street. Extreme danger for anyone. I went to close the hood and found the oil cap placed in the depression where the hood latches. Now my question is, WHAT else has been forgotten?
I then crawled under the vehicle to check to make sure the differential plugs had been reinstalled, remember this is on the side of a busy freeway off ramp, they were removed as part of the "service procedures" all in all a very bad experience. I would STRONGLY caution anyone using this shop to do a through walk around before exiting the facility for their own safety!
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 10/25/2019

Jerry, thank you for speaking with us on the phone about this matter. We understand and appreciate the gravity of the situation. The quality control issue has been addressed with every level of technician at our dealership. We hope that we will have the opportunity to rebuild your confidence in our service department. Thank you for choosing Mike White Ford!

CL
CHRISTINE L.
10/17/2019 Category: Service
Customer service needs training in common sense and give customer options.
I had app't at 10:15 arrived at 10. Had a senor go out do to a battery cable corrosion. I had to get a new battery and was told take it to a dealer for repair. I explaind what was told to me. I waited 2 1/2 hours before an employee came in and asked what I was waiting for. Now it doesn't take that long to remove a battery as it wasn't that long to replace it and he was a Ford mechanic. I was told they had to order a part, which didn't show up until 3 and would take an hour to fix. Was offered a ride but declined as I need to do shopping, called my sister and I was gone for 1 hour. I didn't leave until 4:30. My complaint is it doesn't take 2 1/2 hours to remove a battery and fine out you don't have the part. If I was thinking right I would have told them to put the battery back in and made another appointment when the part arrived. I had better things to so than sit for 6 hours on my day off.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 10/22/2019

Christine, we appreciate your honest review. Our service manager  tried to contact you via phone to directly to discuss this matter but was unable to reach you.

We would like to apologize for the situation. We made some mistakes and completely own up to them. Our communication between all parties (parts, mechanics, service advisors and you as a customer) was not up to the standards that we hold ourselves up to. We have addressed where we made missteps for you with our staff and will do our very best to ensure that something like this never happens again to any customer. We apologize again and if you choose to do service with us again, we can assure you an improved experience.

Hayden, ID
10/04/2019 Category: Service
Poor Poor Poor
I have yet to have a good experience at Mike White, and I here’s another one to add to the list. I had an appointment to have a 5000 mile service performed on my F150. The promise time on this particular trip was 10:00 am. At 10:15, when politely asked how much longer it would be, the service tech said the promise time was 10:30, and I just needed to wait. I said the promise time I was told was 10:00. He proceeded to argue with me, before finally looking in the computer, and saw the promise time was, in fact, 10:00. His response was a short “Oh, you’re right, sorry about that, it should be done any minute,” and he immediately went back to what he was doing, ignoring my presence. 15 minutes later, the pickup was finally finished. I know this might seem minor to some, but I’m tired of having poor experiences here. I would like to keep my business local, but I just can’t give it to Mike White. I will be going to Gus Johnson in Spokane Valley from now on.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 10/07/2019

Anonymous, thank you for speaking with us on the phone. We're grateful for the feedback and apologize for the challenges that you encountered. We hope that the free oil change will lead to a much more positive experience for you in the future. We care deeply about our customers and want you to feel comfortable and confident in your vehicle needs. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hayden, ID
Ford Edge
10/03/2019 Category: Service
service
Staff is not professional and doesn't care about customer service .Will only go back if its a recall or something only ford can fix.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 10/09/2019

Anonymous, we apologize that your experience with us was not up to your standards. We thank you for speaking with us on the phone and have taken the conversation to heart. We will be speaking with our service people and will reinforce the importance of clear communication standards. We value our customers and their satisfaction highly. We hope that if you choose to give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future, you will have a more satisfactory experience.