Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene

NK
NATHAN K.
Rathdrum, ID
07/03/2019 Category: Service
Motor oil spilt all over motor and exhaust
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 07/05/2019

Nathan, we are so sorry to hear about your experience and would like to discuss it more with you. If you can please call (208) 664-9211 when it is convenient for you and ask for either Ed Baker or Chelsea White, we'd like to try and make this right for you. Once again, we apologize and we'd like to get to the bottom of this and find out what happened on our end to ensure that something like this never happens again.

Spokane, WA
06/30/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
I was disappointed with the offer for my trade in. Plus they kept coming back with offer's on different trucks then I wanted and not telling me.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 07/01/2019

We apologize that you had a less than satisfactory visit. Our goal is always to make sure that everyone gets a fair deal and sometimes we aren't able to make a proposition make sense, either for you or for us. The reason we showed you multiple options was to give you a broader range of payment options than a single vehicle. We find that most of our customers prefer having more information and more options so they can make the best informed decision for themselves. We'd like to have the opportunity to earn back your business and give you a better experience. If you are interested, please call (208) 664-9211 and ask for Bill Duvall or Nate Bligh, our assistant General Manager and General Sales Manager. We'd love to give you a 5 star experience.

RT
RAYMOND T.
Sandpoint, ID
MERC MILAN
06/15/2019 Category: Service
They forgot to do the engine oil service I asked to be done when they had my car for 2 days.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 06/19/2019

Raymond, we are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies and know that we are taking your experience to heart and view all feedback as a learning opportunity. We promise to do better in the future and hope that if you give us the opportunity to do business with us again, your service will be exceptional. As I understand it, your service advisor has already reached out and addressed the situation. If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out directly - (208) 664-9211

Hayden, ID
Ford Super Duty F-350 SRW
06/14/2019 Category: Service
Tire rotation and oil change
After charging me for a tire rotation and over $200 dollars for an oil change I would expect the air in the tires to be adjusted appropriately the second time my tires have been rotated and the air not adjusted. It affects the way the truck drives and requires a lot of time to go back and have readjusted. I had to force a “free” tire rotation on my next 200 plus dollar oil change. Also had to swing back to have the correct mileage put on my window sticker reminder. Just frustrating when spending a lot of money on what should be a professional service. I expect more from a dealership service department. When I did business with Parker Toyota I could be confident that if they made mistakes it would be corrected and I would not be charged or receive a complimentary service. More training for all employees would certainly benefit the company. I hope the basic services can be improved because I prefer to do business with a local Ford dealer.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 06/19/2019

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies and know that we are taking your experience to heart and view all feedback as a learning opportunity. We promise to do better in the future and hope that if you give us the opportunity to do business with us again, your service will be exceptional. If you would like to discuss the matter further, our Service Manager, Ed, is always available at (208) 664-9211.

Hauser, ID
Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
06/10/2019 Category: Service
I'm confused
I've had a leak under my truck and in my driveway for 6 weeks.
I drive to your service center and attempt to show someone the leak but they are too busy and proceed to tell me to make an appointment for service.
I call and make a appointment for a oil change and service and asked what's wrong. I explain what I think it is. A leak in the collant Reservoir. They scheduled me for an appointment on Saturday I bring the truck in and come to find out it is a water pump and they proceeded to tell me they don't have enough time to fix it and I have to make another appointment and now I can't get that in for 2 weeks. Why is it that I have to wait 5-6 weeks now to get something fixed when I've been in there twice already

Hayden Lake, ID
Lincoln MKX
06/04/2019 Category: Service
If you like to hold....
When I called to make an appt for a recall the 1st time -I was put on hold for 20+min. Called back and was told that person went to lunch. Then I couldn’t get an appt for the recall until 30+days out. Rude customer service.
However, when I took the vehicle in, the counter person was nice.
Not the same quality of service as in the past.
Mallory G., Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 06/08/2019

Thank you for reviewing our dealership. It concerns us to hear about your experience. This feedback will definitely be taken into consideration moving forward. If you would not mind giving me a call or send me an email so I can take a look at your file and see what we can do to move forward. We appreciate you reaching out to us and I look forward to hearing from you.

CG
CRUZ G.
05/14/2019 Category: Service
mislead
I feel like I was misled on a repair on my F150 my old pan was leaking and need a new gasket, I was told it would require a die through the system to determine if it was the oil pan, and it would take a day and possible over night, for an additional $69.00. I received a call an hour later and was told the analysis was done and I would have my truck by the end of the day. I agreed and received a call 4 hours later the truck was ready. I asked why and estimate of a day and an overnight it was done in 4 hours, I was told the tech just hustled. On my oil change in March I was told my rear right brake only had 3mm and recommended repair, on this visit it was 5mm, I feel misled and wont be back for repairs
Mallory G., Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 05/14/2019

Thank you so much for the feedback, Cruz. Chelsea White our Service Lane Manager left you a voice mail regarding this post. We appreciate you choosing Mike White Ford and look forward to hearing from you.

Coeur D'Alene, ID
03/17/2019 Category: Service
Too expensive, but competent
The service team at White Ford is excellent. Kind and professional. But their service rate is $119 per hour (a 50% increase since change of ownership- I wish my wages could go up 50% just like that!). It takes weeks to schedule an appointment. And I was charged multiple $69.95 fees for "diagnosing" the same issue (over $200 just to say its broke, without fixing it). I was quoted $2500 to fix 4 minor components. Quoted close to $800 for a part I could walk into any part store and pay 1/4 as much. Another shop quoted me less money to fix everything than they were charging for the one part. It would be enough profit you would think to charge $120 an hour ( more than my attorney or doctor makes). But they have to make a killing on the parts as well. Probably the highest profit margin for both labor and parts I have ever experienced. The service technicians are competent, the staff professional and friendly. But way too expensive! This is North Idaho, not New York City!

03/14/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
We called for a fob to be replaced, rekeyed, and programmed. When I called I was told it would be in on a Wed. By the following Wed. no one had called. I called the parts dept. and was told it was in and the cost would be 125. After we called several times, a message was left to bring the car in and it wouldn't take long and we'd be on our way. When my wife called no one seemed to know what was going on. When she came him she had to explain to several people what she wanted. It didn't take long to rekey but, when my wife got the bill she was aghast that it was 197.+. She told them we were told it would be 125., they just said sorry there were extra charges I guess no one explained to you. So, that's why it was disappointing.

02/28/2019 Category: Service
F-150 oil change
I've seen a change for the worse since the Ford dealership changed from Parker Ford to Mike White Ford. At Least in the service department.

Previous management was more professional and it didn't take as many to operate the department. I counted 10 men working behind the service counter, in which 5 were laughing and joking.

I initially called for an oil change and they could not get me in until the next week. I asked if I could get it changed by dropping my truck off in the 6:00 in the morning and pick it up at the end of the day. They said No, I have to have an appointment which wasn't available for a week.

Under Parker Ford, they would just have me drop it off at 6:00am on my way to work and they would usually have it done before noon for me to pick it up. No appointments necessary and I could get it done the very next morning from the day I called.

To much horseplay, unprofessional comments (even if they were to each other, if the public can hear them, it's unprofessional.

Cunstomer service was was unacceptable.
Mallory G., Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 02/28/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review our dealership! Although we try to build a culture of a cohesive work environment, we recognize our employee should be more productive and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you could give us a call at 208-664-9215 and speak to our Service Manager Ed Baker so we can arranged for you to have a better experience next time.

Athol, ID
01/25/2019 Category: Service
Went in for service and recall, Not a bad experience but apparently the service guy does not understand the word minimum on the coolant tank as I got I got it back with the coolant level below minimum. Happened when it was Parker Ford as well so even though a new owner still the same level of incompetence.
Mallory G., Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 01/25/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our dealership. If you would not mind giving me a call at 208-667-3510, I would like to discuss this situation further and help find a solution. We appreciate you choosing Mike White Ford and look forward to hearing from you.

Careywood, ID
01/14/2019 Category: Service
Not so great
My car was returned to me prior to all the work being completed and without being told I would need to come back. I discovered this when I noticed part of my door was missing! They also left the floor mat, plastic seat cover and a dirty rag in the car. This was after a part was broke where I had to leave my car for multiple days at the station. They did offer me a free rental car which was nice, however the car I got was smelly and used 3x the amount of fuel when compared to my hybrid. Very disappointed in the service. Does cause me concern regarding how good of a job they do on the things you don't see.
Mallory G., Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 01/17/2019

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review our dealership! I do apologizes since it is under anonymous I am unable to pull up the records. If you could please give me a call or even send me and email so I or Chelsea White can reach out to you. We appreciate you choosing Mike White Ford and look forward to hearing from  you.

STANLEY OR LESLIE C.
Harrison, ID
11/28/2018 Category: Service
I have used the Ford Dealership for the last 15 years in CDA - great folks. Unfortunately in trying to get my car in - it took 3 weeks for an appointment. Appointment time - needed a parts - took 2 weeks for a part. Left my car on a Monday - out of town - to be picked up the following Monday - called not done yet! Got a call later that afternoon - done. Went to pick it up - car completed, but snow tires not put on - I had asked for this to be done when I left the car. Thus waited another hour. I am happy with the problem fixed in my car and the snow tires on - when I finally got it back. I am assuming you need more techs at the dealership.
Mallory G., Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 11/28/2018

Hello Stanley or Leslie, thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review our dealership! Rick Hess was your Service Advisor and will be giving you a call shortly. We appreciate you choosing Mike White Ford and look forward to seeing you again.

JERRY S.
Harrison, ID
11/20/2018 Category: Service
Difficult scheduling, poor execution
2015 F150 Lariat experienced SNYC system failure- black screen with no backup camera, radio, climate control, USB ports, etc. Called Mike White service and was told the earliest they could look at it was 8 days away, so I scheduled it. At that appointment they make the diagnosis, a bad AIPN. They did not have the part in stock and offered to get it from Portland and install it 2 days later , a Saturday, and I accepted that appointment. When I arrived for that appointment they informed me that they could not locate the part and had no way to track it on the weekend, so that trip to the dealership was a waste of several hours. Don’t know why they didn’t call to let me know they did not have the part. They received the part on the following Monday and installed it the following day.
Mallory G., Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 11/23/2018

Hello Jerry, thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are sadden to hear about you experience that you had with us! You will be receiving a call from Angela our Parts Manager! We would like to continue doing business with you and make this right. We appreciate you choosing Mike White Ford and hope you have a great day.

Hayden, ID
Ford Expedition
10/31/2018 Category: Service
Service was done, but unnecessary up-charges/work were pushed
Our service was done as asked, but several unnecessary up-charges/work were pushed, such as saying we needed to change spark plugs at 60k, when the manual clearly states 100k under normal use.
Mallory G., Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 11/06/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review our dealership. I am so sorry to hear about your visit. If you could please give me a call at 208-667-3510. We would like to continue doing business with you and we do appreciate you choosing Mike White Ford.

JV
JAMES V.
Spokane, WA
10/30/2018 Category: Service
Questionable Service
I like to be a loyal customer if I can. My last service appointment makes me wonder if I will continue with this dealership. During my last oil change; I asked them to rotate my tires and check one that kept loosing air. I was told the tires did not need rotating at 5000 miles and my tire was ruined and couldn’t be plugged due to a screw and there was another screw in the other back tire. They pushed to sell me two new tires several times. I assume the oil was changed. I asked them to plug the slow leak tire for me so I could get going after a lengthy appointment wait. I decided to take it elsewhere and if needed use the new spare to replace the “ruined tire”. I finally saw my truck parked in the lot after servicing and expected them to let me know it was finished so I could go. It was after 5 pm at this point. I waited about a half hour and had to go find someone in service to check me out.
I then took the tire in question to Les Schwab who happily plugged the ruined tire. I believe someone at White Ford tried to deceive me or was inept. I still have a free oil change/tire rotation there and am not sure I’ll go back. My first oil change there caused an oil leak that caused me to go back for another appointment and wait for them to fix it.
I’m not terribly impressed despite their professional appearance.
I was impresssed with the sales staff when I purchased my new 2018 F150. They offered plenty of incentives to make me feel comfortable with the deal. I would recommend them for sales but not service.
Mallory G., Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 10/31/2018

Hello James, thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review our dealership. After reading this comment I can see where your frustration comes from. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with our sales department. If you could please give me a call at 208-667-3510, I would be more than happy to get you answer on what happen with your tire and oil leak. We want to continue doing business with you and make this right. We appreciate you choosing Mike White Ford.

KG
KATHY G.
Spirit Lake, ID
09/06/2018 Category: Service
Door lock problems
I have had an issue with the door locks on my truck for four years. They lock and won’t unlock. It is still under extended warranty. The rear ones have been replaced, but not by a part that they are using on recalls so it will probably happen again.

No one informed me that this was a big problem with F 150’s. I had to research it myself. I did convince the dealership to waive the deductible as I do not believe I should have to keep paying for something they don’t fix properly.

They also couldn’t even make me a door key. Said there was something wrong with my key or tumblers. All that was wrong was the lock needed to have some compressed air to clean it. I went to a locksmith and they solved the problem in five minutes. They wanted $21 for a $3.50 key anywhere else.

I will say everyone was very polite and professional and I appreciate that. The service manager is continuing to work on whether my door locks can be replaced under the recall.
Mallory G., Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 09/12/2018

Hi Kathy, thank you so much for taking the time to review our dealership. I heard that you spoke with our Service Manager and if there is anything else we can do please give us a call. 208-664-9211

Coeur D'Alene, ID
08/23/2018 Category: Service
Not very skilled
I was told by the service guys that they could complete some work for me so I scheduled a time and discussed with the scheduling people what I wanted. When I got there they said they could not do it, but they had an alternative. There alternative did not meet what I was trying to accomplish in the first place, which I did not know at the time. When they finished, it was not what I wanted. And they said what I wanted was not possible. In about 10-15 minutes in their parking lot I was able to do the programming myself by using youtube. needless to say, they did not try or look into the options. There was no reason to pay them for anything, I could have done it all myself in less. time. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and asked if they could do anything for me which was nice. But the reason I was there was to get my truck fixed. If everyone wasn't so nice, it'd be a 1 star.

Joanne R.
08/14/2018
Detailing
Was super disappointed by the lack of detail the cleaning crew put on our Used car. It put a damper on what was otherwise a great day, the sales team was nice enough, but service goes beyond sales. We agreed to buy the car on a Saturday, by Monday when we picked it up, all they’d done was run it through the car wash, we saw a jelly bean on the carpet when we test drove it and it was still there after it was “detailed”. Not to mention the dashboard and other surfaces were barely touched. And it was only filled with half a tank of gas. Pretty sad compared to other dealerships we’ve dealt with in town. I probably would only go back to Mike White Ford if they had the exact car I was looking for and I couldn’t find it anywhere else — just get in and out, and don’t expect much.

BRIAN B.
08/01/2018 Category: Service
SERVICE
It is my understanding the power sterring is electronic not hydrolic . If that is the case, the replacement of a circut board could prevent an accident, RATHER THAN scheduling and appointment 2 weeks out.