Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene

WA
Ford F250
06/17/2020 Category: Service
First time at Mike White Ford
First let me say the physical service was spot on. The service experience left us disappointed. First it took my wife over an hour and 40 minutes to drop off our truck and get a rental car. We were told she would be in and out in 30 minutes. She ended up changing her schedule for the day. We had work done that was to be reimbursed by our insurance company. I had to call the service department and put a stop to all work before they would respond to the insurance company's request for a quote. Lastly my wife works in long term care so we have to take face coverings and social distancing very seriously. We were hoping Ford a progressive company would be doing the same. Unfortunately as your dealership is in Idaho no employees had face coverings and social distancing was at a minimum. If your policy towards Covid19 protections should change we would be happy to give your team a try again. We understand that not ever service appointment goes as smoothly as we would all like. Please stay safe and thank our service tech for us again.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 06/22/2020

Shawn, thank you for the honest and open review. Your feedback is very important to us. We're so sorry that the service experience was more convoluted and complicated than we want it to be. We have looked into why things took so much longer than normal and have made some internal adjustments accordingly. In so far as our Covid 19 protections, most of what we are doing is unseen. Mike personally purchased high quality masks for all employees and they were disbursed. We strongly encourage but do not require mask wearing. I'm not sure if you noticed the cones in the service drive, but we specifically placed the cones in our drive to limit the amount of cars/their occupants to half of our normal capacity. We have regular and strict cleaning procedures for high contact areas and take particular care when servicing customer vehicles. We have changed the entire layout of our showroom so that chairs are 6 feet apart and removed several tables so as to allow for increased social distancing. We take the Covid19 situation very seriously. As you mentioned that this was your first visit, it's completely understandable that you weren't aware of the changes that we took, because you hadn't seen the store in its normal layout. As one of the employees who regularly wears a mask, I can assure you that there are several of us! We apprecciate and share your concern for both our employees and the company. We invite you to return again when you need our services and we'd love to have the opportunity to improve on your experience with us.

HW
HAROLD W.
Rathdrum, ID
Ford Super Duty F-350 SRW
06/14/2020 Category: Service
my last oil change
The service teck left the air filter open
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 06/24/2020

Harold, thank you for taking the time to speak with us and let us know about this issue. We can only get better if we know where our areas of improvement are. As we said on the phone, we have had a discussion with our technicians and hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again and show you our normal level of care and attention. Thank you for choosing Mike White Ford.

DK
DARRELL K.
Boise, ID
Ford Super Duty F-350 SRW
05/25/2020 Category: Service
F350 check engine light
I made an appointment because the check engine light was on. On the day of the appointment the truck would not start because of the battery issue. I told the guy at the desk of both issues. The tech must’ve only focused on the check engine and did not check the batteries. When I come to pick up the truck and ask them about the truck not starting they said They could not find an issue. The next morning the truck wouldn’t start and I called and took it in to be looked at again. When the tech check the batteries one of them was bad. The service guy did give me a good price on replacing the battery but I shouldn’t have to come back a second time for something they should’ve checked originally.

Athol, ID
04/10/2020 Category: Service
Thank you Adam for fixing my remote starter issue and explaining the issues from the previous visit, and thank you for putting up with me!.

04/10/2020 Category: Service
My car sat in the parking lot after they finished working on it for approx 40 minutes before they came and got me from the waiting area. I could see it from the waiting area.
Disappointed with the last two visits for service. First visit took 5 hours, did not get a copy of the service paperwork, maybe because completion of service was pending a part that had to be ordered?, my car was brought around and left outside, engine running, keys in ignition. My remote start engine button was missing off my key ring, no one seems to know what happened to it. Second visit, while in the waiting room I saw a car that looked like mine sitting in the parking lot. After approx 40 minutes, they came and got me and it was my car parked, service done, while I waited for them to come and get me.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 04/24/2020

Anonymous, thank you for giving us the chance to make this up to you and for letting us know about the issues in the first place. We cannot improve if we aren't alerted to what is wrong. We hope you had a good experience today and look forward to serving you again in the future!

TD
TERRY D.
Athol, ID
03/05/2020 Category: Service
Still don't pay attention to the details.
I had the car serviced and the PCM reprogrammed and right after I got home and then restarted the car the change oil soon light is on, So it was never reset, Would not be an issue if I was just down the street but I am not.
Why is it so hard to do a proper and complete job when servicing a vehicle?

TL
TERRY L.
Spokane, WA
Ford F350
03/01/2020 Category: Service
Customer Service
I bought a over 50,000.00 truck from you, and also bought a 3rd brake light to install and I cant install it due to no wiring for it and have tried to return it and you wont let me ! I know its been over a year but its not like its a special order item that you could never sell. I am also in business and I know if someone spent 50,000.00 we me know matter what I would let them return a 116.00 plus tax, Really !! Its a over 75 mile round trip to go to you. I WONT BE BACK !!!

RILEY M.
Spokane, WA
Kia Soul
02/26/2020 Category: Service
Diamond coverage doesn’t cover EVERYTHING
I love those that work in the service department! Jessie was my guy. HOWEVER I had to pay for a valve replacement which cost me $100 that I didn’t have and I was told my diamond warranty would cover everything. And I was told I would get a call back to see if they could get it covered and that never happened. So communication was poor. But great service guys work there.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 02/28/2020

Riley, thank you for speaking with us when we reached out to you. We always want people to leave satisfied but we really appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make things right for you. Thank you for choosing Mike White Ford. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Post Falls, ID
Ford Expedition EL
02/24/2020 Category: Service
TOOK TOO LONG FOR OIL CHANGE
I showed up at 10:30 for a 11 o’clock oil change and saw my car sitting outside done for 25 minutes I was told done by 12 and got out of there at 12:25. It dose not take this long for an oil change and it seems to take longer each time I get my oil change done. I feel this is poor customer service and would like to see this issue addressed.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 02/28/2020

Anonymous, we left a message on your phone to discuss this issue. We'd love to address this issue and get your input on it. Please call Ed Baker or Cole Patterson at 208 664-9211. We're so sorry that we didn't meet your or our expectations, as our goal is usually an hour or less.

BR
BASIN R.
Osburn, ID
Ford F350
02/18/2020 Category: Service
Warranty vs. not warranty
2019 F-350, ball joints warn out and making weird noise, steering stabilizer / dampner needed to help with a violent dangerous front end shake I've dealt with for months, since I have 40,000 miles I'm told it's not covered under warranty. it's a 2019 truck, where there is an obvious issue from the factory. I left a message last week for Johnathon Hedden, who helped when I bought the truck - no response. It's not a huge amount of money, it's the principal of the whole thing. Yes - this is the kind of story that gets repeated over and over - this death shake / wobble thing is real & you guys acted like you weren't sure what I was talking about. Eddie Davis - Basin Resources
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 02/20/2020

Eddie, thank you for giving us the opportunity to work on a solution to this issue. We processed the return of $912.98, a goodwill return from both Ford Motor Company and Mike White Ford. The reason that Johnathon Hedden hasn't called you back is that he hasn't been with our company for almost six months. We hope that through our conversations and gesture that we are able to build back some trust. We hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you again and show you a better experience.

Newman Lake, WA
Ford F-53 Motorhome Stripped Chassis
11/14/2019 Category: Service
Oil Change
We made the appointment for the oil change and it took 2 hours to complete. This was too long. I think they were overbooked.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 11/15/2019

Anonymous, we're very sorry to hear about your experience. Customers with appointments are always given priority however, sometimes other appointments end up taking longer than anticipated or planned for. It's never an excuse but we did want to explain. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to right your situation and serve you in a more timely manner in the future.

LYNN S.
Careywood, ID
11/08/2019 Category: Service
pressure sales
oil change/service was fine, they wouldn't check why my service engine light was on without another appointment, (a 2 hr drive for me) they tried to sell me almost 900 dollars worth of early unneeded maintenance. I know I need to do these things …. but not for another 30000 miles! I feel like they are into pressure sales on service. I would have been very happy if they just plugged the truck into the computer to tell me I need a new thermostat. I got a mechanic from another local place to diagnose this in 5 mins.

RD
RYAN D.
Hayden, ID
10/28/2019 Category: Service
Bumpy road
My truck recently developed what feels like a wheel imbalance. I took the truck to my tire guy three days before visiting Ford and made sure the wheels were all balanced and he rotated them (for free I should mention).
When I got to Ford for my apt, and asked for a tech to go for a ride with me so they could feel what I was experiencing. Instead I got a really nice, but young lot boy who explained he had been there for 6 months. After having my truck all day (they did complete an oil change) the end result was they thought my tires were out of balance. Oh, and it cost $70 for them to tell me that. Super disappointed.

Coeur D'Alene, ID
Ford F250
09/26/2019 Category: Service
Diagnostic charge ?!
I came in with a leaky driver's door - got me wet when going thru the car wash. I also told the service writer of a 'thump' noise when I roll that window up, and it may relate to the leak. When I got my bill, I got a diagnostic charge for the leaky door and he thump noise. I feel I should have only been charged for the leak issue. I never said I was interested in getting the thump fixed.
Also, if I'm to pay for a diagnostic charge, I would expect to get the Ford part numbers that would be needed to fix my concern, not just a quote to get repairs.

MARIAN S.
Harrison, ID
09/11/2019 Category: Service
Little Things Matter
When I picked up my car after an oil change, I had to take care of the floor protector. If the service people cannot take care of their own trash, what other "small" things are they ignoring?
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 09/12/2019

Marian, thank you for your honest review. Thank you for speaking with us on the phone as well. Again, we're very sorry about the floor protector. We agree - the little things are what sets a dealership apart and we dropped the ball on one of them. Thank you for your understanding. We hope to see you again in the future where we can improve upon your experience.

TD
THOMAS D.
Coeur D Alene, ID
09/01/2019 Category: Service
Car dirty with grease
Picked up the car after recall work. There was grease on the arm rest, window ledge, and steering wheel. There was also crumpled paper mat in door pocket. I hope the repairs are better than the care given to the interior of car! The jury is out on MW organization and service.
Haley B. from Mike White Ford of Coeur d'Alene responded on 09/05/2019

Thomas, thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention. We also appreciate that you will be giving us the opportunity to make this right on Friday. We hope that you will have a clearer view of our organization afterwards. We always strive to have things perfect the first time, but we are humans and make mistakes. Thank you for the feedback and the opportunity to make it right.