O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc.

Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5rating 3.6666667rating 3.6666667
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

William D. ReScore Review on 01/01/2016
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Nice guys, but not a place I would go again - a different company had to correct the issue"
I have had the 1967 mustang checked and rechecked, and the frame is straight. I took the auto to Grapewood Frame and Axle where they confirmed the frame was straight. I then took the car to Wiltse Automotive where they checked the frame (which again was fine) and then corrected the alignment, and the car is now excellent. There was also no reason to change the upper control arm. I am sure you tried your best, but the net net of it is, that I paid you (twice) a total of ~$800.00 and the car was not safe when I retrieved it from your shop. The alignment was set correctly by Wiltze Automotive, and the car handles perfectly. Sorry, but the facts are the facts.
Service Date: 10/22/2015
Review Created: 11/16/2015 12:03 PM

Verified badge inactive Verified
"DO NOT Take Your Classic Car Here!!"
The shop admittedly does not understand the required alignment procedure for classic cars with radial tires - yet they replaced parts, "aligned" the car, and proceeded to charge me $775.00. Then when i brought it back because the car would not handle safely above 45 mph, and asked them to set it with the correct spec's, they said there was nothing they could do, BUT the still charged me another $50.00. I see that as extremely dishonorable.
Service Date: 10/22/2015
Review Created: 11/16/2015 12:03 PM
Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 11/17/2015

Bill, I'm sorry that you left our shop feeling this way, that is not our intention.  We are more than happy to go above and beyond for our customers.  Unfortunately in your situation, the project car your working on has major frame issues.  It is our DUTY as a responsible repair facility to inform our customers of making adjustments to the vehicle that are unsafe.  The specs you requested, would make the vehicle unstable ,and unsafe to drive.  That is why we recommended a frame shop. I stand behind our work and pricing, and will go to any length to explain that.  I urge you to bring your vehicle to a frame shop and after it's properly fixed we would gladly align it to the correct specs for you.  We truly appreciate your business, and hope to be of help to you in the future.

Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 01/05/2016

Bill,
   We are glad that someone was able to figure out a way to correct your issues.

Nick B. ReScore Review on 06/17/2014
Recommended? Yes
"helped me out"
After writing the review the owner of the company promptly called me and set up an appointment for me to stop by and get the grinding checked out. They called me back within the hour and told me they sorted it out and it was ready to be picked up, great experience and they really care about their customers
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 06/06/2014
Review Created: 06/07/2014 11:24 PM

"clutch works, but new engine noise"
After getting my car back for a 5 hour repair that turned into a 3 day repair (broken battery cable and box, "worn" parts) i get the car back and there is now a grinding/chirping noise coming from my linkage. They claimed it was brakes but it is definitely coming from either a bearing or cv shaft.
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 06/06/2014
Review Created: 06/07/2014 11:24 PM
Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 06/11/2014

Nick, please call us so we can re-investigate this concern for you.  It is important to us to get your problem corrected as soon as possible.

Michael T. ReScore Review on 05/30/2014
Recommended? Yes
"Make it right"
I originally brought my car to them for a transmission problem and when I got it back after an expensive repair, it still had the problem. After subsequent testing and diagnostics, they concluded that there was most likely an issue with the parts that they replaced. They said they needed the car for a number of days to replace the defective parts and rented a car for me to use while mine was in their shop. When I got the car back after this repair, the problem was fixed. I'll give them credit for calling many times to convince me to bring it back to them to "make it right".
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 03/28/2014
Review Created: 04/16/2014 02:15 AM

"Never again"
Charged me over $2300 to replace the torque converter and it didn't fix the problem I brought it in for. I'm not even sure the torque converter needed to be replaced.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 03/28/2014
Review Created: 04/16/2014 02:15 AM
Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 05/16/2014

Michael, we would like the opportunity to further discuss this repair with you.  Please contact me via phone to arrange a re-assessment of your situation. We are as interested in getting your vehicles problem corrected as you are.

Bryn L. on 04/11/2017
Bryn said they did a good job and she was satisfied with the experience.
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Vehicle: Acura MDX
Service Date: 04/06/2017
Review Created: 04/07/2017 04:39 AM
Tony K. on 04/04/2017
Tony said they took plenty of time to explain the problem and to let him know why they could not fix it. He really appreciated talking to the manager and his son regarding the issue with his vehicle. They also provided him with great information regarding why the repair could not be completed.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Service Date: 03/30/2017
Review Created: 04/04/2017
Denny S. on 03/30/2017
Denny said he heard about the business through his son and he would recommend this business for service.
Vehicle: Buick Rendezvous
Service Date: 03/28/2017
Review Created: 03/30/2017
Abigail B. on 03/30/2017
Spoke with Douglas. He said he appreciates their honesty, the evaluation of the vehicles and the way they handle service.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 03/29/2017
Review Created: 03/30/2017
Steven K. on 03/27/2017
Steven said this business did exactly what they said they were going to do. They were polite and courteous. He did not have any problems.
Vehicle: Lexus RX 350
Service Date: 03/24/2017
Review Created: 03/27/2017
Lisa O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 03/30/2017

Thank you for your response!

Joann H. on 03/25/2017
"Fast Service"
Always very efficient, friendly, and knowledgeable.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 03/24/2017
Review Created: 03/25/2017 10:13 AM
Lisa O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 03/30/2017

Thank you, Joann!
It was a pleasure to have you as a customer. We greatly appreciate your response as well.

Chris M. on 03/25/2017
"Expert honest assessment."
As usual, with O'neills we get superb diagnosis in a timely fashion. The ability to send and receive text messages assuring we are always in the loop is a superb new service feature!
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Service Date: 03/23/2017
Review Created: 03/25/2017 07:07 AM
Allen H. on 03/20/2017
"Wow!"
Needed a new transmission. They installed a re-manufactured unit -- and to boot replaced the water filter, serpentine belt and another belt without any additional charge! I have never experienced that before!
Vehicle: GMC Yukon XL
Service Date: 03/17/2017
Review Created: 03/20/2017 11:17 AM
Lisa O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 03/22/2017

Thank you for the response. It was a pleasure to be of service to you. We appreciate your appreciation for the work that was done.
Keep in mind.. we are here for you and all your vehicles maintenance and service needs. We do it all at O'Neills'.

Jack T. on 03/18/2017
Jack said the business is good to work with but the vehicle wasn't repaired correctly the first time. He had to bring the vehicle back to the business. He expressed he would recommend the business for service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 03/09/2017
Review Created: 03/18/2017
Craig O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 03/20/2017

Jack,

I can't thank you enough for your patience and understanding while we sorted out the problem, and I'm glad our follow up inspection was able to discover it.  Rare as these instances are, we take a lot of pride in making sure things are addressed promptly.  Don't hesitate to call if there are any further concerns.  You know we will back up our work, whatever the cost.

Jake F. on 03/17/2017
Jake said everyone at this business was super nice. They were unable to repair his vehicle but the way they handled it was phenomenal. They were very gracious and respectful. He also said he had a great experience, even though he was unable to get his vehicle repaired.
Vehicle: Saturn Vue
Service Date: 03/03/2017
Review Created: 03/17/2017
Craig O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 03/20/2017

Thank you Jake.  It was too bad that the required parts were so prohibitvely expensive, you know it's bad when we are shocked at the cost as well.

Good luck with replacing that car.  If you are looking used, don't forget to call us to inspect it prior to purchase!

Curt V. on 03/13/2017
Curt said they treated him right. They are good people and they are honest.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 03/10/2017
Review Created: 03/13/2017
Lisa O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 03/15/2017

Thank you!

Samantha B. on 03/10/2017
"Great Shop"
Fantastic service! They keep you well informed every step of the way :)
Vehicle: Ford Edge
Service Date: 02/24/2017
Review Created: 03/10/2017 11:29 AM
Lisa O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 03/10/2017

Samantha,
Thank you for taking the time to respond. We firmly believe in keeping our customers informed during the time their vehicle is in our care. We know full well how stressful it is do be with out ones wheels.

SHAUN O. on 03/09/2017
"Wonderful customer service by a knowledgeable staff"
They are the only place i trust to take my 2016 work van to. They dont oversell the maintenance like the wallet flush bay at the dealer. Just good honest advice that is in kine with how i drive and use my vehicle that is inline with what you read in the owners manual. Contrary to what some people may think the service bay at a dealership does not follow tue actual "OEM" reccomendations.
Vehicle: Ford Transit Connect
Service Date: 02/24/2017
Review Created: 03/09/2017 03:57 AM
Lisa O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 03/09/2017

Shaun,

We thank you for your response. It is very educational. Many are not aware that dealerships do not follow "OEM" recommendations. We are glad we could be of service to you. It brings us great joy when ever you visit us with your vehicles. Your verbiage about dealerships is quite impressive. I am sure your Mom is very proud of you.

Ron C. on 03/06/2017
"2010 Subaru Forester"
Took awhile to get fixed, running very well now, thank you for your service, I will recommend to anyone your transmission service. Thanks, guys.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Service Date: 03/03/2017
Review Created: 03/06/2017 05:32 AM
Lisa O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 03/07/2017

Hi Ron,
We are sorry that your Subaru took longer then we anticipated it would. Not very often we have a "problem vehicle child". Or Gremlins.. We appreciate your recommending us to others. It was a pleasure working with you and again, we are sorry for the time that it took.

Anna A. on 03/06/2017
Anna said they were more expensive than she expected.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 03/01/2017
Review Created: 03/06/2017
Craig O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 03/08/2017

Thank you for the review Anna.  We certianly understand the shock of expensive car repairs.  Particularly on AWD vehicles like yours.

You might want to consider the fact that we offer comprehensive inspections that can be used to help you understand and map out a more predictable repair budget custom tailored to your transportation needs.  We'd be happy to schedule this, and either myself or our service manager would be happy to provide more details.

Our primary concern is to make sure your vehicle is safe and dependable. To do this, we hire great technicians, and source high quality parts.  I know you will agree it is worth the cost.

We hope you enjoy your leak free car!  Thanks again!

Deb F. on 03/06/2017
Deb said they have been nice to them.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 03/01/2017
Review Created: 03/06/2017
Craig O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 03/08/2017

Thanks for the succinct and positive review Deb!

We are very proud of the people on our staff, and it is a pleasure serving you!