O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc.

Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5rating 3.6666667rating 3.6666667
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Tyler A. on 06/23/2016
"Mediocre Experience"
As far as I can tell, the mechanic/technician did a good job and the repair was done correctly. What went poorly was everything else. First I was told I'd get the car either Thursday or Friday, which didn't happen. Then I was told Monday morning. Then it was Monday afternoon. Then it was Tuesday between 2-4p. I had to call for the update at 4p Tuesday to find out it was going to be Wednesday after 1p. Poor managing or knowledge of managing expectations. In addition to that, they billed me incorrectly at first and had to rerun my credit card for an extra $500 when the mistake was found. That's a punch in the gut.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 06/22/2016
Review Created: 06/23/2016 06:35 AM
Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 06/28/2016

Tyler,
  Thanks for your review.  I can't say I don't agree.  Your experience here could have definitly gone better.  I put partial blame on GM's software tech support as a primary cause for the delays, but I felt I had informed you better of the timeline.  My sincerest apologies.  We strive for customer satisfaction, and make every effort in that direction.  I truly am sorry about how it ended, and hope you give us another shot at earning a five star from you in the future.  I promise not to dissapoint.  Above all else, thanks again for your business.

Nick B. ReScore Review on 06/17/2014
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"helped me out"
After writing the review the owner of the company promptly called me and set up an appointment for me to stop by and get the grinding checked out. They called me back within the hour and told me they sorted it out and it was ready to be picked up, great experience and they really care about their customers
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 06/06/2014
Review Created: 06/07/2014 11:24 PM

"clutch works, but new engine noise"
After getting my car back for a 5 hour repair that turned into a 3 day repair (broken battery cable and box, "worn" parts) i get the car back and there is now a grinding/chirping noise coming from my linkage. They claimed it was brakes but it is definitely coming from either a bearing or cv shaft.
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 06/06/2014
Review Created: 06/07/2014 11:24 PM
Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 06/11/2014

Nick, please call us so we can re-investigate this concern for you.  It is important to us to get your problem corrected as soon as possible.

Megan E. on 12/07/2013
"Knowledgable "
I brought my Honda Odyssey in, we'll aware of most all it's mechanical problems, & wanted a rough estimate on a transmission for my model & year. The tech spent some time reading all the check engine light codes, & spent time talking about much less than my transmission, that needed to be done. I was told the quote would be between $25-50. They charges me $40, for what I feel was everything else he told me. Since I came in with the knowledge already, I would have preferred to pay the $25 for the quote on the transmission I asked for. I felt my time was ignored, & I was overcharged.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 11/19/2013
Review Created: 12/07/2013 07:01 AM
Lisa O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 12/07/2013

Megan, I'm sorry you feel that you didn't experience the service that you were paying for. Please allow me to give you some background, and our objective in these situations.  If then, you still feel short changed we will refund you the difference.

Modern transmissions are electrically controlled, and require us to read codes for a starting point in diagnostics. Many engine sensors, and mechanical problems can effect transmission function.

We feel that our typical customer wants to know as much about all mechanical problems that we can observe so that they can make sound repair decisions. We are not just a transmission specialty shop. We are well equipped and trained in all aspects of your vehicle.

If in our process, you received diagnostic information that you already posessed, please don't consider it an attempt to just sell you more.  We simply want informed customers.

Charging for this initial diagnostics is actually new for us. I had to start this because much of Shaun's days were spent diagnosing work that we did not sell repairs on, and he is our highest paid tech.

I sincerely want a positive experience for all of my customers, and appreciate your feedback. Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Tedd O'Neill

Ron D. on 10/31/2013
"Currently Incomplete "
We are waiting for a tool to be delivered in order to complete the job.
Vehicle: Volkswagen EuroVan
Service Date: 10/17/2013
Review Created: 10/31/2013 08:33 AM
Lisa O. at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 10/31/2013

I am confidant you will be very pleased when the job is complete.

Jon F. on 10/30/2013
"Charged more than what was initially quoted."
The first time I went in to get a quote on the repair, I was given around an $80 price for the part and another $65 for service. I had access to the part already and asked to have them replace my broken part with the one I already had, assuming that the service charge would stay the same. But AFTER replacing the O2 sensor, I was asked to pay $90. $20 didn't seem like a big enough deal to question it at the time, but the more I thought about it, the more bitter of a taste it left in my mouth. It just feels like I got swindled out of some money a bit and it saddens me because my car seems to be fixed and the overall experience other than that was ok. If someone were to ask me if I recommend this place, I wouldn't be able to tell them without mentioning that they are dishonest about pricing their services.
Vehicle: Eagle Vision
Service Date: 10/29/2013
Review Created: 10/30/2013 08:13 PM
Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 11/04/2013

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me about this matter on Friday Jon.  If I can help you with any other questions in regards to this, feel free to give me a call.  We appreciate your business
Thanks,