O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc.

Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5rating 3.6666667rating 3.6666667
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Mike F. on 09/21/2016
Mike said the business was suppose to take his vehicle for a test drive, but they drove it for only 2 miles. He stated that was not enough driving to determine an accurate diagnoses and he feels he has been lied to.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 09/15/2016
Review Created: 09/21/2016
Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 09/23/2016

Mike.  We raodtested the vehicle a year before and also found no problems.  We told you then that you should continue to drive it.  This year, it was the same.  Your problem is not one that we can recomend any service on... nor did we feel it.  We told you that we do not recommend anything OTHER than to continue diriving it.  Why would we lie to you about NOT needing anything after a free roadtest?  How would I benefit from that?

Your review completely shocked everyone on our crew.

We have never, ever, had a man so displeased to have recieved a free road-test and recieve the good new that his vehicle does not have a problem.  Don't you think we would have liked to sell you some service if any was recommended?
If you want.  Call us when you have it acting up in the area, and I will have someone ride with you.  Perhaps the issue you are feeling may be related to your driving style, and it just never showed up for us.

Still.  Your tranmission doesn't need any repairs at this time.  I sincerely hope you don't let some other shop tell you it does, as you seem a little to eager to spend money on a problem you do NOT need to!

- Craig O'Neill

Clayton P. on 12/20/2015
Clayton said he had a appointment to take his vehicle back in for work they were supposed to have already fixed. After driving around all day to get it there on time, they did not look at the vehicle. They told him to bring it back the next week.
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 11/25/2015
Review Created: 12/20/2015
Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 12/31/2015

Clayton,
    I've initially looked into this, and would like to further discuss what happened, and how we can make it right for you.  Please contact me on Monday, and we will do whatever we can to rectify the situation.  My sincere apologies for your inconenience.  We truly appreciate your business, and hope to hear from you.

Thanks

William D. ReScore Review on 01/01/2016
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Nice guys, but not a place I would go again - a different company had to correct the issue"
I have had the 1967 mustang checked and rechecked, and the frame is straight. I took the auto to Grapewood Frame and Axle where they confirmed the frame was straight. I then took the car to Wiltse Automotive where they checked the frame (which again was fine) and then corrected the alignment, and the car is now excellent. There was also no reason to change the upper control arm. I am sure you tried your best, but the net net of it is, that I paid you (twice) a total of ~$800.00 and the car was not safe when I retrieved it from your shop. The alignment was set correctly by Wiltze Automotive, and the car handles perfectly. Sorry, but the facts are the facts.
Service Date: 10/22/2015
Review Created: 11/16/2015 12:03 PM

Verified badge inactive Verified
"DO NOT Take Your Classic Car Here!!"
The shop admittedly does not understand the required alignment procedure for classic cars with radial tires - yet they replaced parts, "aligned" the car, and proceeded to charge me $775.00. Then when i brought it back because the car would not handle safely above 45 mph, and asked them to set it with the correct spec's, they said there was nothing they could do, BUT the still charged me another $50.00. I see that as extremely dishonorable.
Service Date: 10/22/2015
Review Created: 11/16/2015 12:03 PM
Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 11/17/2015

Bill, I'm sorry that you left our shop feeling this way, that is not our intention.  We are more than happy to go above and beyond for our customers.  Unfortunately in your situation, the project car your working on has major frame issues.  It is our DUTY as a responsible repair facility to inform our customers of making adjustments to the vehicle that are unsafe.  The specs you requested, would make the vehicle unstable ,and unsafe to drive.  That is why we recommended a frame shop. I stand behind our work and pricing, and will go to any length to explain that.  I urge you to bring your vehicle to a frame shop and after it's properly fixed we would gladly align it to the correct specs for you.  We truly appreciate your business, and hope to be of help to you in the future.

Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 01/05/2016

Bill,
   We are glad that someone was able to figure out a way to correct your issues.

Colin R. on 04/21/2015
Colin said another business had quoted him a quarter of the price that this business had estimated for the necessary work. For this reason, he would not recommend this business.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 04/15/2015
Review Created: 04/21/2015
Craig O., Service Manager at O'Neill's Transmission Service, Inc. responded on 04/27/2015

Colin,
  I'm glad we were able to diagnose and confirm your problem for you.  I'm sorry to hear you'll be getting the repair done elswhere, but glad you found a price to fit your budget.  We don't cut corners at O'Neill's, and doing jobs properly costs alot of money.  There are alot of shops that use cheaper ( poorly manufactured ) parts, and thus can offer lower cost repairs.  Be careful, cheap parts don't last. We are here to offer quality repairs at a reasonable rate.

The price you wanted us to beat, was ridiculous at best.  I can't even buy a used unit for $650.00 for that truck.  NO SHOP ANYWHERE CAN BEAT YOUR "BUDDY WITH A POLE BARN" PRICE.