Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5

Phoenix, AZ
Audi R8
02/16/2019 Category: Service
Weather might have been an issue
Wasn’t the smoothest transaction. Weather may have been the issue
Steve C., Marketing from Park Place LTD responded on 02/19/2019

Thanks, Paul-

We appreciate your understanding of the inconveniences encountered on your end due to the epic winter snowstorms in the northwest this past month. Enjoy that new car. Thank You!

"May the traffic signals, road camber, and g-forces always be in your favor!"

Kirkland, WA
01/04/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
While my car was in for repair I had to initiate almost all calls for status updates, and was told on several of those occasions that I would receive a call back that same day but for the most part did not receive those calls. I was also told on at least two separate occasions that my car was ready to pickup, only to find later in that same day that in fact it was not ready. It took several weeks before my car was ready. There was poor communication overall with respect to costs as they accumulated and in the end I was very surprised to hear the final total (nearly double what I had expected). At one point when I asked for the person who had been handling my repair work, the first person I talked to complained that I should not ask for individuals by name since he didn't know where everyone was, and that I needed to ask by department! Overall disappointed since I have had several other good experiences with Park Place.

TW
TINA W.
08/21/2018 Category: Service
Get everything in writing.
I made an appointment to bring my car in after getting a warning code. My car is older and I was aware it could be time to retire it. I talked to the service manager at length about this possibility. I said I had also recently gotten a "service due" notification. At that time he didn't know what that included due to the mileage, but would let me know. Because the cost to repair might not be worth it, I said to wait on doing anything before getting a quote. The service advisor said this was standard anyway, and I felt we were both clear on my intention. I also dropped the car off early and said I needed it back by 5 pm. He said this would not be a problem. I never received a call so I called them around 3 pm to get a status. I got a call back after 4 pm saying indeed there were some major issues, including an unexpected brake problem, and they were unable to let me take my car because it was not safe to drive. They said at a minimum I needed to have the brakes fixed before I could take it. He advised they were out of loaners but they would help me get a rental. To say this was a scramble to get done would be an understatement, and I had to miss an appointment scheduled later that evening as a result. Considering they would not let me take my car I needed to do some thinking about what to do. I wrote down the explanation of the repairs over the phone. They were very nice about letting me take my time and I did appreciate it. At one point I needed to get my glasses from the car and I called on a Saturday and was told they could not give me the keys because there was a bill due. I disagreed but waited until Monday to contact my advisor via email. He confirmed she must have misunderstood me and I was free to take the car any time. I have this in writing. Upon going to get the key (because I still had a rental) I was again met with a strange attitude. When I finally met with my advisor, he said they had time into the car and a "couple of hours" of labor would be due. I said that was not my understanding. When back at his desk, he then said they did an oil change and so only that would be due. Again, I said that was not my understanding as I was very specific about not doing any service if the car was done for. He said he didn't remember that, and well, they did do it, and it would be $187. What?? At this point I was upset and said this was incorrect, but if they really did it, fine, I would pay for it, but certainly not $187 for an oil change. Ok, he said, it was a mistake and now it would be $114. I was seriously floored but just wanted my key so I could later get the car. I decided to give the car away at this point, and the person who would be receiving it suggested getting one more opinion by a mechanic he knew nearby. I had the car looked at by a Saab certified repair shop and they said the car was fine to drive, although if I were keeping it I should get the brakes repaired at some point. I'm not disputing other repairs were needed/suggested, but this other mechanic didn't seem to have the same opinion. Fair enough. As a note, when I talked to my service advisor at Park Place, which was several times, the description of the repairs also changed slightly, which seemed odd. My service advisor seemed like a genuinely nice person, but I don't feel I could have been more clear in our communication. I am very uncomfortable with how it played out and I will not be returning in the future. I'm giving a 2 star rating because Park Place did allow me to leave my car on their lot until I made my decision, however, I seems I shouldn't have been denied taking it to begin with.

Duncan S.
07/05/2018
Follow Up Review- Disappointment
Consider this a follow up 'customer service' review from my initial sales review on 5/3/18.

I am disappointed in the lack of response from Park Place staff. The sales process was truly enjoyable, but I have received no reply to numerous emails in regards to post-sale car inquiries; most notably tracking down a maintenance history (custom suspension from previous owner) and asking whether or not the car had a recent oil change or not (alert came on 10 days after purchase).

I have already taken the car elsewhere for minor adjustment work that I would have expected to be handled by Park Place (steering alignment, oil change, etc) and their service department not 2 weeks after the sale, but my attempts at reaching anyone via email have gone unanswered. Unfortunate, but not of any real concern as the car is still covered under the factory warranty for everything other than the custom suspension.

Great to work with when closing deals, but non-engaged with customer service after the sale. It has been 2 months since my purchase date, and I have gone 0/5 with direct emails to the Park Place team. Clearly tells me where their focus is when interacting with customers.

KC
KEITH C.
Volkswagen Golf R
06/10/2018 Category: Service
No attention to detail
While the quality of the detail was ok, there were many areas that they missed.
The front windows on both side have some residue from the tint installation. They didn't even touch it (I have a picture as proof, even left it on the car in case you wanna see it). On closer inspection, there are white lint everywhere (assuming you used a white microfiber). I don't know how you missed it on a black car. If this was the standard interior/exterior clean under $100, I would not be writing this review. I expect NOT to see this kind of result when I paid $370 for a detail.

WS
WILLIAM S.
Everett, WA
06/08/2018 Category: Service
Not Pleased
Brought my car in Thursday night and was told it would be first in line Friday (made the appointment weeks in advance). Wasn't touched until Friday afternoon (only found this out because I called) and didn't get my car back until Tuesday noon. One of my issues (an electrical issue) could not be resolved - your service guy John said, "we really don't work on Saleen electrical, you should take it to someone who does." It would have been nice to know this before hand - I would not have wasted my time.

I had just had the car detailed before I took it to you, I didn't realize that your yard was outside under a bunch of cotton-wood trees. John told me the car would be washed before I came to pick it up. I even gave an extra couple hours on Tuesday to make sure this happened. The car was not washed and was filthy. Also, there is a small dent in the driver-rear quarter panel - can't prove it was Park Place, but it wasn't there before.

I know that you work on much more expensive cars than mine (2008 Mustang Saleen), but I was willing to pay top dollar for top service. That's not what I got.

PB
PHILIP B.
Bellevue, WA
01/28/2018 Category: Service
Engine dying problem still with me
I hate to complain, but the problem I had, of the engine wanting to die at low rpm. or when I brake from higher speeds to lower speeds, is still with me. Changing the crank shaft sensor very temporarily seemed to work, but only briefly. Problem is most noticeable when I am turning left into a parking stall. I have to push the clutch hard, and put the car in neutral (manual transmission) to be sure the engine doesn't die

Deeper problem is that the engine, or something, is much louder now, when I accelerate or have to up-shift. Engine used to be whispeer quiet. Now there is frequently a soft roar. My mechanic neighbor listened for me, and he thinks the engine mounts, or the tranmission mounts, have come loose. He feels that there is a vibration somewhere.

RUSS S.
Renton, WA
11/04/2017 Category: Service
Because you asked
I dropped my car off at 8:10am with a list of things I needed done. When I picked it up at 3:30p I was told it was ready. I specifically asked if the windshield wipers had been replaced and was told they checked them and they were okay. I knew they weren't so I paid my bill and left. On the way home, sitting in traffic I looked over the invoice and didn't notice any charge for the 4-wheel alignment I had requested so I called from the car the first response was "I forgot" and then it was quickly changed to I didn't have time. If that was the case I should have been told when I picked up the car, so the first response was correct. it had been forgotten. I had to take the car back in to get the 4-wheel alignment and wiper blades again at 8:10am another day. This time i was told i really needed the wiper blades and I can only assume the alignment was done. I had 3 factory recalls to be done and now I have no confidence that they were done, but how would I know? I understand, not having time to complete the work, but I would expect a call informing me of the problem and when I pick up the car I would expect to be told what had been done and what had not been done. I thing honesty is the best policy and I think this was lacking.
A secondary issus was I requested a ride to the office and it took 45 minutes before I was able to get a ride. This is not the type service I get from Bellevue Lexus and I would expect the same level of service and honesty) from you. I offer these comment so you can improve your service, not discipline anyone. Everyone was very nice and courteous . I just think you need to raise the standard of keeping the customer informed

CD
CHRISTOPHER D.
Everett, WA
09/11/2017 Category: Service
Sevice Has Declined
In the past, an oil change came with a car cleaning at park place. Not anymore. Service level has declined.

CHRIS B.
Eugene, OR
Lotus Elise
09/05/2017 Category: Service
Disappointment
I live 325 miles from Seattle. I had the radiator on my Elise replaced at Park Place. Sadly a radiator hose clamp was placed improperly by Park Place and I had to drive all the way back to Seattle to have it placed properly. I appreciate Brian working me in on a Saturday to have it redone but it should have been done right the first time since he informed me that there had been a service warning published by Lotus about proper placement of the hose clamp. I expected more from Park Place.

SCOTT S.
Mercer Island, WA
Ford MUSTANG
08/11/2017 Category: Service
My experience at PP
Phone Sales: unprofessional, arrogant and unknowledgeable
Sales on the floor: very slow, forgot to return my credit card. Failed to inform me that the VIN number was wrong and the requirements for correction.
Delivery: TBD

CA
CHRISTIAN A.
Bothell, WA
05/21/2017 Category: Service
Delayed response
I ordered parts and brought my car in for service at the time they told me the parts would arrive. When I came in, the parts were not yet in. I then waited another 3 months for the parts to come in. I never got a call from you. Finally, after me calling 4-5 times over several months, the parts were finally ready. After the work, I still have a squeak when driving over speed bumps. The work I had done was meant to resolve this.

EB
EDWARD B.
Kent, WA
MERCEDES-BENZ CLS-CLASS
07/15/2016 Category: Service
Warranty
There waren't they sell is not cheap and there bill dose not explain all the charges you have on it

JASON B.
07/07/2016 Category: Service
Be up front on cost
If your going to charge me $70 in labor to replace a $4 dollar light bulb, ask my permission first before doing it.

RAUL CARLOS G.
Atlanta, GA
07/01/2016 Category: Service
Still questionable if is the right place.
I visited and my front brakes, pads and rooters were replaced before time and i paid full price for something that apparently can be waive if one of the technicians didn't mess my left caliper when he lift my car in my visit before last at that time i had 30% brakes left and 3 weeks after i had to bring back my car which i consider not been handle correctly. i think and feel that some kind of discount or something they should offer just because it was their fault base in their own statement.