Perris Auto Repair Center

OA
Ozzy A.
10/12/2019
Bad plese read
Please read my review especially if you have a classic car like mine (see pics) and want this people to work on it. They need to be exposed and that is why I am taking the time to write this review. If I could give them no stars at all trust me I would. Only because their father build a respectable shop that was well liked for years does not mean his kids are keeping his legacy and treating it as such. Please note that I will be submitting other reviews in different sites as well as file appropriate claims with sites like the BBB and such. Not because I want any compensation, but it would be nice to get my car running good as much as they have charged me. Either way it’s hard to say because I don't think I can trust them so that they keep hanging parts in my car on top of the abuse they put in my car and then blame it on the fact that it’s an old car. I am going to be as fair as possible to cover the facts and not leave anything out that only makes them look bad so that you all can judge for yourselves.
A couple months ago in July I came to the shop with my classic car a 1970 Buick Skylark with a fresh 350 in it. Prior to this I called two other shops and told them what I wanted to do to my car, both shops respectfully stated they did not work on carbureted or cars this old, but when I spoke to Anthony he told me they were pleased to do the job and that they see a good amount of older cars going thought their shop. Well I told him the car was recently rebuild many performance part were put in it as well as new factory type parts. The car has gone through a major overhaul under the hood. I wanted to bring the car in because the new cam was giving me vacuum problems in the brakes system the new electric choke was something I was not too familiar with and the main thing was the new carburetor, I wanted it tuned up to the best of its abilities.
I brought the car in, Anthony told me they would look at it the next day first things so I believed him. Well here comes the first red flag. By the third day I called him and he stated they had other cars they were working on and that they would soon get to my car. I was okay with it because I had told him that they could keep the car as long as possible so that they would get it right the first time, also that money was not an issue I just wanted my car tuned up because it was a tribute to my late father and I was dedicating the build to him. Finally he called me back and stated the brakes just needed to be bleed, the choke was working properly and the only issue they found was the engine needed to be timed properly. He added an extra hour labor to the bill due to the timing concern. A week went by and I finally got my car back. Things were good that they. The next morning I turned the car on the cold start and the choke jumped to around 2800 rpm’s. The car was literary screaming in my garage. I called Anthony and told him what the issue was. He said that his brother the person who worked on my car stated that it had trop be adjusted only on cold starts so to bring it back. At this point I was wondering why if they kept it almost a week why didn’t they cold started and adjusted before I took it home, but then again I trusted them and took it back in.
Got the car back the next day and again took it for a drive. As I was sitting on a red light the car was making a knocking noise, good thing a neighboring person in a different car told me that he could hear it because it wasn’t as clear inside the car. So I had someone put the car on drive holding the brake and as the rpm’s dropped under 700 the kicking was really bad. I called Anthony informed him of the situation and he advised me to bring it back in. The brother came out this time I told him it sounds like a detonation problem but I rather have them checked it instead of me driving it. He heard the sound and agreed with me, but wanted to go through it again.
A week goes by and Anthony finally calls me back because I had try and reached out to them to get an update. He stated the timing was over 50 degrees advanced and that was causing the knocking noise. Well I thought I had paid for timing adjustment which he stated it was covered this time, but wanted to charge me for a spring and other vacuum hoses they had to replace this time. Another hour labor. I agreed and a few days later I picked up my car. Well more issues. I called him the same day told him the issues and he told me to bring it back. Frustrated now I told him to just get me back on the road with my car running as it should. Two weeks went by and he finally called me again after I had reached out to him. He wanted another 4 plus hour labor and a kick down cable stating that was the issue now. I finally refused for them to continue to work on my car and my biggest mistake was that I had just started a new job so I could not take off from work to go get my car so they kept it for the weekend. I really don’t know what they did to my car but they blame it on the fact that is an old car. Many people I have talked about this they say they were just hanging parts in my car.
Anthony told me he was not touching my car again after I told him my concern and if I agree with the kick down cable what else will arise lager and that I was not comfortable anymore with them working in my car. Rudely he said, “Come get your car we are done with it”
I am still trying to figure the car out I hope they didn’t cause internal engine damager because the detonation is greater now and they kept it over the weekend when they were mad at me. There are other problems that the car has now after picking it up, but like they say it’s an old car it will break. I guess but the detonation is bad the choke is high and I have to take it to someone that can tune it up ion hopes they are honest and mainly there is no damage from this people at this shop.
Daddy aint around no more so this, his kids, that didn’t work hard to get the shop to where is at now think they can just treat customers how they want and people will just take it. Please be aware I am not doing this for money or nothing like that I just want to expose a shop that hangs part on older cars. It takes a lot to work on an older car because you cannot just plug in a computer device and the car will tell you what part to change. Therefore, you need the experience and they lack this when it comes to older cars. Please and I do stress please be aware of their actions. I will update my findings and any shop findings once the car has gone through. Thank you for reading my post. Please check out the pictures also posted and see that this car is not just an old car it is a good looking car with less than 101k original miles in it and as stated freshly rebuild for its age.

Joanna C.
05/17/2019
Did not meat expectations!
Initially when we went over prices it was $100 for a diagnosis. They said if we got the rain there that the $100 would be dissolved in the labor part and repair.
After we received services and went over our bill we noticed there was a charge for $100 for diagnosis. Had we known that we would of gone elsewhere. There reason was because they had to push the car a few feet into the garage from the parking spot. So their basically saying they charged me extra bc my car was broken. Thanks ! Well played guys well played 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Joanna C.
05/17/2019
Did not meat expectations!

Dyneall C.
Riverside, CA
04/03/2019
SCAMMERS
I got my car towed into the Perris auto center 5168 Western way , Perris CA 92517 on Tuesday March 12 ,2019 and paid $65.15 for a brake inspection I was told and paid for all new auto parts But I got the complete opposite of what I was told and what I had paid for . When I requested to view the old auto parts that were supposed to be taken off of my vehicle my request was denied several times , So I never got to view my old auto parts . Which means that the old parts are still on my vehicle. When I paid for all new auto parts , ever since I picked up my car on March 16 , 2019 I haven’t been able to drive it . Due to my safety , my car smokes now which it never done before taking it to this auto shop . I also have a dent on the front of my car which occurred at this auto shop . Due to me not being able to drive my car I’ve been renting a car for a month now . I’m requesting for the business to refund me in full $ 1,335.00 Which is what I paid in-full the day I picked up my vehicle.

WR
WALTER R.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
09/21/2017
RIP OFF1111
I paid you $213.00 to find out what was wrong with my truck when you already knew. You said my problem was common with Chevy, so why didn't you tell before I paid! WHAT A RIP OFF1
Anthony E., owner from Perris Auto Repair Center responded on 09/21/2017

You did know what wasnt working but you paid us to figure out why it wasnt working. Thats the purpose of the diagnostic test. You had 2 seperate issues and although one of the issue you have is a common issue it does not mean its the only possibility.

Dan P.
09/15/2017
rip off
total rip off. wanted $460 to replace a part that was $65 at autozone and took me 30 minutes to put in. don't go here!
Anthony E., owner from Perris Auto Repair Center responded on 09/18/2017

We appreciated the chance to diagnose your vehicle. There is allot of factors when choosing a part and we dont put just any quality part on your vehicle. We do try and use the best that is available and allot of times it comes with a cost. That is why we are able to back it up with the best warranty in town adn amazing service. We are glad we wre able to diagnose and figure your issue out as well.

Claudia C.
Volvo XC90
07/27/2017
Horrible expensive service
Horrible. They mess up your car in order to get more money out of you. They do this to women.
Anthony E., owner from Perris Auto Repair Center responded on 07/27/2017

Ma'am all we did was inspect the cause of your belt coming off and damage to your power steering pulley. Its a good thing we didn't just replace the parts you were asking to have replaced because you would have been in the same situation and THAT is a waste of your money and taking advantage of you. We provided great service and kept in touch throughout the whole process.  Either way we understand that not everyone can appreciate honest, quality work and not everyone can be our customer.

NF
NEVER AGAIN F.
Oceano, CA
09/09/2016
HURRY BACK
I'M 60YRS OLD RETIRED ON FIXED INCOME TOOK MY 05 DENALI THERE TO FIX UNEVEN WEAR ON TIRE THEY SUGGESTED FUEL SERVICE CLEANING OK WHY NOT GET TRUCK BACK TURN ON TRUCK TO START ENGINE LIGHT IS ON START TRUCK REVS UP TO 200RPMS THEN BACK DOWN TO 1000RPMS THIS IS NOT NORMAL PUT TRUCK IN DRIVE WITHOUT PRESSING GAS PEDAL I'M DOING TEN MILES PER HOUR NOT NORMAL TRUCK WAS RUNNING BETTER BEFORE THEIR SERVICE OWNER SAYS IT WASN'T DOING THOSE THINGS WHEN THEY FINISHED ALL OF THIS HAPPENED IN THEIR PARKING LOT RIGHT AFTER I HAD PAID THEM $1300 DOLLARS NOW THEY WANT ME TO COME BACK FOR SOMETHING THE CAUSED BASICALLY HE'S CALLING ME A LIAR IS THIS JEOPARDY OR THE PRICE IS RIGHT
Anthony E., owner from Perris Auto Repair Center responded on 09/09/2016

I understand your concern but i did tell you to bring it back in and that we would check the vehicle out for you and that the throttle body may need to be recalibrated. I also informed you that there will not be any charge to reinspect. I tried to call you but i got no answer. If you are not willing to bring the vehicle back in to reinspect there is nothing i can do for you.

Juanita M.
Claremont, CA
06/04/2016
auto repairs rip-off
On Saturday, May 28, 2016, I was traveling on the 215 freeway in my 1999 Toyota Sienna Van, when I heard a knotting. I pull over to the side and called AAA. AAA toll me to the nearest auto repair shop...which was Perris Auto. The shop were closed at the time, and I had to wait until Tuesday, May 31, 2016. The service attendance, Anthony, checked my car in, made a work order, and promised me he would do a dionostic check to see what was the cause of the failed engine. He called me and told me that I needed a new engine and that it was going to cost me $8,000. First, I said yes...then, after about 30 minutes... looking up the Blue Book Value of the Van, I called Tim back and canceled the order. The repairs superceded the Value... He called me back and said, because I cancled, he is going to charge me $300.00 stocking fee. I told him "NO WAY" ...no one charge so much money when the transaction was with-in 30 minutes, especially if he had to order the engine. Perris Auto Repair is a RIP-OFF. Anthony refused to give me my car until I paid them $432.53. Anthony stated that he never did any diagnostic testing, yet I had to pay. I would never refer anyone to this repair shop.
Anthony E., owner from Perris Auto Repair Center responded on 06/06/2016

We did do the diagnostic test which is how we found out that the engine needed to be replaced. Our engines are not cheap but they do come with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. We focus on quality. As for the restocking fee, that would not have been so if the repairs were not approved. We had a good discussion on weather this was worth the value of the vehicle and you decided to say yes. When it is declined there is shipping fees (the motor was shipped and came the next day) and processing fees so we get charged just the same. If nothing was approved there would have been no issue. We do appreciate the opportunity and wish you luck with this! Thank you.

RA
Reynaldo A.
Riverside, CA
Mitsubishi Endeavor
03/31/2016
Anthony E., owner from Perris Auto Repair Center responded on 03/31/2016

Im not sure what you are upset about. We inspected the coolant leak, found where the leak is coming from and did a free 47 point inspection for you. Im not sure what else we could hav edone different but either way good luck with that!

MICHAEL D.
Nuevo, CA
Subaru Impreza
03/24/2016
Troubling care
I recently took my car in to get a rethread due to a leak. I can understand that my motor had to be removed in order to complete the work (boxer engine, tight space). Everything was functional, I drive it daily before taking it in. After receiving the car I came to find a belt was not placed right, they did not install my intake duct (I had to go pick it up), broken brackets on my radiator fan, power steering leaking, and car overheating . Unless you havever photographs of your engine before them handling it, I do not recommended coming here.
Anthony E., owner from Perris Auto Repair Center responded on 03/25/2016

Like i told you earlier we apologize for the belt and intake duct we are responsible for that, as for the overheating, power steering leak, we test drove the vehicle for about 10 miles after everything was done and ran in the shop for another 45 minutes. there were no signs of leaks or overheating. As for the broken peices we also informed you about those and we took pictures to document them on our end incase of something like this. This engine was removed before and is why you brought it to us, so we could fix some of what was installed incorrectly. Either way we apologize and are you are more than welcome to bring it back to take care of or discuss further what is going on.

Ken M.
Kia Rio
12/23/2015
I went in to only get an estimate to repair my transmission and they wanted to repair the whole car for $5,300.00, .
I felt I was mis lead by Anthony I will not go back
Anthony E., owner from Perris Auto Repair Center responded on 12/23/2015

You may have felt as if you were mislead but you were not.  We quoted you on your transmission as well as all the other recommended items we found and i explained that i like to give you a full overview of your vehicle and that you can decide which items you would like to address. Unfortunately it does cost money to repair your vehicle

MALCOLM W.
Mitsubishi Montero
11/18/2013
Disappointed
I'm disappointed; I brought my vehicle in with a specific issue I was told what they thought was the problem $1,200.00 later My car has the same prob now $2,300. To fix the original issue.
Anthony E., Service manager/ Owner from Perris Auto Repair Center responded on 11/19/2013

Malcom I know you may be upset but the parts that were replaced were indeed bad and can cause the symptom you are having since the two paices are connected. I know we fully explained that the repair we performed was the first step because it is an obvious issue. We also informed you that there may be further repairs. We did show you the damaged part and how it was damaged. Either way thanks for the years of support!

TC
TONY C.
Menifee, CA
08/29/2013
Not happy at all this time.
I brought my truck in mid morning, the air does not cool for more than 15 minutes before turning to heat. Finally just before closing time you got too it rushed through it popped a seal cost me over $100 to fix it. So I left with a $185.00 bill and the air is the same it only works for a few minutes then turns to hot air. I called you when I got to Perris blvd and Ramona Exp. Way to let you know it was now hot air again. Did not get fixed and cost me money for nothing. I dont want to rate this with any stars but it wont let me off the site until I do. So its not very honest is it.
Anthony E., Service manager/ Owner from Perris Auto Repair Center responded on 08/30/2013

Hey Tony, im sorry about the situation but we test drove the vehicle for a few miles and ran it with the a/c  on in park for well over an hour and the a/c was working the whole time. The seal did blow on the high side a/c line but there is nothing we could do to prevent that from happening. Either way we did talk after you picked up the vehicle and I explained that it was not a problem to bring it back in so we could check it further since it acted up.

DANIEL B.
07/22/2013
Terrible service
They have me a quote of 800 for brake change and I got it done elsewhere for 180. There a rip off. Will never go to them for anything
Anthony E., Service manager/ Owner from Perris Auto Repair Center responded on 07/23/2013
The quote of $800 was not just for a basic brake job. That total included front and rear brake pads with rotors, removing broken wheel studs (that broke due to incorrect installation from another person), and lug nuts. We could have just slapped pads on you vehicle but we are knowledgeable in our field and we would not just install pads because you will have an issue in the future with brakes warping, severe steering wheel shake when applying the brake pedal, and stopping issues (that's was your original issue). We were very thorough with are work so you don't have to come back with the same issue or creating new issues due to incorrect installation (that's why the lug nuts and wheels stud needed to be replaced and you spent money that was unnecessary). I'm sure you did not get a 2yr 24k nationwide warranty with free road side assistance as well. Either way there are plenty of other shops out there and you are more then welcome to visit them for your future needs.