Pico Rivera Auto Clinic

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Reda A. ReScore Review on 09/28/2017
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Reda said he has not been contacted by a manager or anyone. He will not recommend this business to anyone.
Vehicle: Cadillac Escalade
Service Date: 09/06/2017
Review Created: 09/11/2017

Reda said he was told that they would not charge him to inspect his vehicle and they will only give him the amount of what it was going to cost and he could decide if he wanted to get the service done there or not. When he went there with his vehicle they ended up charging him anyway. They were also going to charge him $900 to change a part in his vehicle and the gentleman who he was working with said he is not sure if it was going to fix the problem. He ended up wanting to take his vehicle elsewhere due to not being 100 percent sure the repair he needed to get was going to resolve the issue. He said he did not feel comfortable with them working on his vehicle. The gentleman then informed him that he is going to need to charge him for the diagnostic. He ended up filing a complaint as he was not satisfied with the fact he was given misinformation about being charged.
Vehicle: Cadillac Escalade
Service Date: 09/06/2017
Review Created: 09/11/2017
John S. at Pico Rivera Auto Clinic responded on 09/25/2017

Sorry to hear about the matter , how ever we also charge for our diagnosis specialy using our pro tools to find the problem, you had a worker of your company which not an auto tech worked on your  you took a chance thats one, your replaced your fuel pump with an after market one thats a mistake , it sounded your were disaponted at part not at my service i offered / ask to remove the tank to complete our diagnosis you declied to do so -i would not know what or why would say they told me they charge for diagnosis who will do that at charge , my advice to you have a cert, shop or tech to work on such matter again sorry to hear that you were not happy -i hope you understand i needs to get paid for my service as you want for your self as well. thanks

Alberto M. on 06/15/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Jetta '05"
These people tried to rip me off. An initial charge of $ 575.00 escalated within the hour to $1,500.00. I decide to pick up my car, and as the Tow truck is loading up my car, Johnny tells me that it would cost me at least $300.00, bringing my total to $1,800.00. That same day I took my car to another Mechanic. I picked it up on Friday, and total cost of $240.00 - PLEASE, do not leave you car there . . . .
Service Date: 06/11/2015
Review Created: 06/15/2015 07:51 PM
John S. at Pico Rivera Auto Clinic responded on 06/16/2015

no one tried to rip you off , u were shopping for a timing belt job and you got the best prise thats why u end up here , how ever u never said  i have a broken timing belt where there will be a valve damage base on the info we have, we were honest with to tell you there will a valve damage a head time , better than later , wow you waited too long to change your timing belt no one fault now will cost twice as much , i felt i was honest with u , u just did not like to pay for u damage

DANNY I. on 03/01/2014
"I felt robbed"
I went in for a simple pads change next I know I'm paying $900 for other services I didn't expect. I've been a costumer for over 15 years but now I'm done.
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 02/07/2014
Review Created: 03/01/2014 03:19 PM
John S. at Pico Rivera Auto Clinic responded on 03/17/2014

iam sorry that u feel that , i have serviced your cars for passed 15 years as u said iam sorry that ur car needed more parts to be changed , as far as why we gave the car a day later due to not having parts realy not my fault sorry about i hope u understand some things are not in hand , as u know i always do my best to serve you thats why u been coming to me for 15 years , sorry for misunderstanding and i hope u take a minute and resore this , thank u from ur shop

XANDRIA B. on 08/13/2013
"missing a quart of oil! "
i got my oil changed and they put only 4 quarts instead of the 5. this can cause issues with my vehicle. i would never come here again.
Vehicle: Honda Element
Service Date: 08/13/2013
Review Created: 08/13/2013 08:35 PM
John S. at Pico Rivera Auto Clinic responded on 08/14/2013

Hi there good morning -our oil change comes with up to 5 qts of oil hoverever ur car takes 4.4 oil , and i wish u tell hey the oil is low i would have been glad to add what we need to , we are a shop stand behined our work , i would love to have u back , is so easy to loose a customer so hard to gain, i want u to be our shop customer for years to come, iam sorry about that and i wish i could serve next time , plz try to rescore us, thanks for ur time

Christin F. on 11/12/2012
Christin said she was very disappointed. She tried to be proactive and let them know her vehicle was making noise. Her vehicle was taken on a test drive and was told they were unaware of any noise. A month later she brought her vehicle in for the same noise issue and now it's costing her $2,000.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Venture
Service Date: 11/09/2012
Review Created: 11/12/2012
Lisa M. on 04/23/2012
Lisa said she came into this business to have a window fixed. This was the second time because after the first visit the problem had not been resolved. It is still not resolved after 2 services. The problem with the window is that it will not stay rolled up. If it is rolled up as a normal window it will come straight back down. When she brought the vehicle back in she got an attitude, as if she was putting them out. She had to check them and tell them not to give her an attitude since this was not her fault. She can understand them having issues, but when they have an attitude, it is not okay. She is big on honor, honesty, and customer service which they did not have. They should have been nice and apologetic when she came back in with the vehicle. Having to bring the vehicle back in put her out as will having to bring it back a third time since the issue is still not fixed. She will not return to this business or recommend them due to this experience. She does not have a choice for this problem but will not go back for other service. She just dropped $1,100 on her vehicle today at another business. When she brought the vehicle in the first time and they pulled the vehicle into the business they put a dent into it and just said it was no big deal. They did not even apologize or were apologetic. She has spoken to John and he already knows she is an upset customer.
Service Date: 04/10/2012