BN
Blaise N.
12/10/2019 Category: Service
Blaise said this business did not complete what he wanted. They did the opposite of what he asked for. They need to step up their services.
Jason W. from Portland Motor Sales responded on 12/12/2019

Blaise,
Its a shame to read this review as we had a discussion in reguards to your vehicle in person and made an attempt to make it right. There was an intermittent issue with your directionals that was not disclosed to us until you picked up your vehicle after service was completetd. The directionals were working when we serviced the car as we inspected the vehicle as part of your service.
As far as "stepping up our service" , we did everything you asked and made the car inspectable again. We compiled a repair list that you approved. We even let you make a payment plan as a first time customer which we DO NOT do for our regular customers. Then upon final payment you requested a "discount" after we held the slip for 3 weeks so you could pay it. I am even upset that the fact of the directionals I personally addressed with you and offered to take a look at no charge! So i am unsure how our service needs to be worked on. We pride ourselves in great customer service and reviews, and our customers can certainly back that statement up. We appreciate you giving us a shot at your business and are sorry we couldnt fufill your needs fully even though we bent over backwards for you to make it all work out.
We here at Portland Motor Sales wish you the best of luck in your future automotive repair endeavours as we will no longer be servicing your vehciles in the future. Thank You

RO
RUSSELL O.
Volkswagen Golf
01/23/2016
The worst service ever
Honestly , I had been taking my vehicles there for years. Since John has hired these new guys it has changed completely. I will never go back

ANN B.
Scarborough, ME
Volvo S60
04/11/2019
Today's Visit
Thanks very much for your prompt attention to my need for a new headlight.. However, I came home and the issue with the headlight hasn't been resolved.. I need to bring the car back in to correct what is going on with the light... Will call you tomorrow... Sorry this wasn't picked up before I left today. Ann

GO
Gwen O.
06/01/2018 Category: Service
Gwen said it looks like the door was opened and now it has a ding in it. Her vehicle is green but now white paint is on it.

Kevin B.
Saab 9-3
04/24/2018 Category: Service
Kevin said they didn't address some of his concerns.

Susan H.
Toyota Prius C
04/07/2017 Category: Service
Susan said this business was very expensive.

Dave L.
Nissan Titan
01/18/2017 Category: Service
Dave said his overall experience was average but he would recommend this business.

PH
PAULA H.
Subaru Outback (Natl)
09/26/2019
In and Out in less time than anticipated!
I typically wait while my car is being serviced. A sensor was replaced and the oil changed while I sat and read in my comfy chair. As customers came in to drop off their vehicles, Jeff was both courteous, and welcoming. Great Customer Service at Portland Motor Sales!
Jason W. from Portland Motor Sales responded on 10/07/2019

Thank you Paula.

Shawn M.
Volvo S60
03/22/2019 Category: Service
Shawn said he would recommend this business for service.

DT
DAN T.
Falmouth, ME
BMW 740iL
02/20/2019
As always, Portland Motor Sales checked the car out thoroughly and got back to me in a timely manner.

Peaks Island, ME
01/22/2019
Convience
Quickly solved the problem

LQ
LISA Q.
Portland, ME
Subaru Legacy Sedan (Natl)
11/08/2018
Very Satisfied!
I’m new to the Portland area, and was nervous about finding a new auto mechanic that I could trust. I have an older Outback wagon, so was happy to find Portland Motor Sales, which specializes in Subarus. They understood that I wasn’t looking to dump a lot of money into it, but just enough to keep it in safe, running order. Having some major work done next week, and expecting the cost to come in as estimated with no surprises.

NS
Ned S.
Peaks Island, ME
Saab 9-5
10/16/2018 Category: Service
Ned said he is happy with the service the business provided.

MICHAEL S.
08/10/2018
Efficient & in a timely manner
After having an inspection found a worn front end bearing and rescheduled me for another appointment which was completed quickly and well done, also had them replace front break pads.

JE
Joanne E.
Cape Elizabeth, ME
Saab 9-3
05/04/2018 Category: Service
Joanne said she really likes the business. She's been going there for years. Whenever she has an issue, they take her in right away. They are extremely accommodating, get her vehicle in for service in a timely manner, and they know their vehicles very well.