Gui D.
01/31/2016
This site is not serious
I filed a review almost a week ago, but because it was a very negative review, it never showed here. Now, it seems that my email or name has also been blocked from writing here.

NG
Nelson G.
01/31/2016
This site is not serious
I filed a review almost a week ago, but because my review was very negative, it never showed here.

Gui D.
01/28/2016
Car open with key in the ignition. (too bad the system won't take "Zero Stars")
I was already very unhappy with their service: every time I took the car there, something else would break just a couple of weeks later. In the end, and in less than 6 months, I spent more than $4,000 in a car that is worth just 1 or 2 thousand more than that. While I can't say it is their fault that the car had so many problems, I do know that they are not exactly nice, caring or responsible mechanics. That is, from the first time I took the car there, I always asked them what they recommended: to do the service or get rid of the car? The bottom line is: they couldn't care less to advise me. In fact, their answers were always evasive, as if they cared more about not losing the service than to tell me the truth about other conditions the car might have had.
But the main problem I had with them, and the reason for the title of this review, happened last weekend. After taking the car to them once again, just a few weeks after I spent $2,200 on a gasket replacement, they told me that I had to spend $60 to fix the heating system (no hot air flowing to the passengers) and $600 to fix an engine light on, but for reasons they were not even sure. They assumed it had to do with the catalytic converter and most likely caused by the earlier leaking gasket. Since fixing the converter would likely bring me back to them just a few weeks later, as it has been always the case, I told them to fix the heating and forget the "engine light". Also, since they would be closed Saturday and Sunday, I made plans to pick up the car on Monday. However, on Sunday, after having lunch with my wife on a restaurant just around the corner, I drove by and saw the car parked by the shop's garage gate. To my surprise, the car had the door unlocked and the key was in the ignition. I called them immediately, to see if someone was inside, but the call was directed to their voice mail, even though someone seemed to have picked up the phone while I was talking. So, I hung up and I called them again, this time nobody picked up the phone and I went one to say that I was slipping an envelop with $60 under their door and driving my car home. Right when I was about to leave, a short guy came out of the shop. He looked at me, looked away, and went on towards another white pick-up truck and left. He saw me driving my car, but again, he didn't bother to stop me, ask me what I was doing, or even tell me whether he heard my voice message or not.
So, bottom line, do NOT go there: they are careless about your interests (i.e. don't expect honest, or dishonest, advises) and they are careless of your property -- I guess they feel safe by having a sign inside their office saying "We are not responsible for vehicle theft" (even though we may leave your car outside, open, and with the key in the ignition).
Doug Privitt & C. from Privitt Auto Service responded on 02/01/2016

I am sorry we left keys in your vehicle!

GUI D.
Jeep Liberty
01/28/2016
Car open with key in the ignition. (too bad the system won't take "Zero Stars")
I was already very unhappy with their service: every time I took the car there, something else would break just a couple of weeks later. In the end, and in less than 6 months, I spent almost $4,000 in a car that is worth just 1 or 2 thousand more than that. While I can't say it is their fault that the car had so many problems, I do know that they are not exactly nice, caring or responsible mechanics. From the first time I took the car there, I always asked them what they recommended: to do the service or get rid of the car? The bottom line is: they couldn't care less to advise me. In fact, their answers were always evasive, as if they cared more about not losing the service than to tell me the truth about other conditions the car might have had.
But the main problem I had with them, and the title of this review, happened last weekend. After taking the car to them once again, just a few weeks after a spent $2,200 on a gasket replacement, they told me that I had to spend $60 to fix the heating system (no hot air for the passengers) and $600 to fix an engine light on, but for a reason they were not sure. They assumed it had to do with the catalytic converter and most likely caused by the leaking gasket. I told them to fix the heating and not the "engine light". Since they would be closed Saturday and Sunday, I made plans to pick up the car on Monday. However, on Sunday, after having lunch with my wife on a restaurant just around the corner, I drove by and saw the par parked by their garage gate. To my surprise, the car had the door unlocked and the key was in the ignition. I called them immediately, to see if someone was inside, but the call was directed to their voice mail. So, I called again, this time to say that I was slipping an envelop with $60 under their door and driving my car home. Right before I was about to leave, a short guy came out of the shop. He looked at me, but simply continued towards another white pick-up truck and left. He saw me driving my car, but again, didn't bother to stop me, ask me what I was doing, or even tell me whether he heard my voice message or not.
So, bottom line, do go there: they are careless about your interests (i.e. don't expect honest, or dishonest, advises) and they are careless of your property -- I guess they feel safe by having a statement inside their office saying "We are not responsible for vehicle theft" (even though we may leave your car outside, open, and with the key in the ignition).
Doug Privitt & C. from Privitt Auto Service responded on 02/01/2016

I am very sorry we left the keys in your car while it was parked outside! As I told you on the phone that was our negligance and we would have been resposible for the vehicle under those circumstances. The employee inside was only going to be there about an hour and just failed to take the keys out for that hour. We normally don't awnser the phone after hours when we are working on our personal vehicles. The man that came out of the building was a freind of his & did not know the vehicle was in our care & custody. Again I am sorry for leaving the keys in your vehicle!
I looked back on the repairs made to the Jeep. We fixed several things for State Insp and a brake noise the first time. Then we saw it 7 weeks later for the overheating when we determined the head gasket was bad. It would have been nice if these things had happened at the same time to find out the total cost it was going to take to repair the Jeep. Unforntunatly I can't predict that. I am sorry you had heater problems, we were just trying to repair the overheating. We don't know for sure what caused the Catalytic Converter to go bad. In our opinion it was the antifreeze going through the exhaust that caused it. I am truly sorry you have had so many problems!

Doug Privitt

HD
Hunter D.
10/24/2018 Category: Service
Hunter said he called to make an appointment and the person seemed like he didn't want to be on the phone. He didn't have the service because he didn't get much detail.
Doug Privitt & C. from Privitt Auto Service responded on 10/26/2018

Sorry for the misunderstanding Hunter! I got the impresion when talking to you that you understood what the truck needed.

HW
Hal W.
07/08/2020 Category: Service
Hal said the business did a brakes job. There seems to be some kind of noises, grinding in the left rear wheel. He would like to get the vehicle back in, just has not had the time.
Doug Privitt & C. from Privitt Auto Service responded on 07/13/2020

Let me know when you can drop the vehicle off Hal!

Randall S.
Chevrolet Blazer
08/17/2016 Category: Service
Randall said this business did well at checking out his vehicle, but the overall experience was average.
Doug Privitt & C. from Privitt Auto Service responded on 08/19/2016

Thank you for your comment Randall! Sorry your experience was just average.

Mary H.
07/21/2016 Category: Service
Mary said the service was good, but the communication could have been better. This business didn't notify her when her vehicle was ready. They waited until they were just about ready to close. They offered to stay late to allow her to get there and pick up her vehicle, however she hadn't made any transportation arrangements.
Doug Privitt & C. from Privitt Auto Service responded on 07/27/2016

I apologize about calling you so late Mary! I will not let that happen again!

John C.
01/13/2016 Category: Service
John said this business took longer than quoted on the service of his vehicle. He had to wait an additional hour.
Doug Privitt & C. from Privitt Auto Service responded on 01/15/2016

I am sorry we were late getting your vehicle done John! We will try to do better in estimating the completion time.

ES
Erin S.
Chevrolet Cavalier
02/12/2015 Category: Service
Erin said she was not impressed with the customer service at this business but they did a good job on the service. They did not explain what was going on very well.
Doug Privitt & C. from Privitt Auto Service responded on 02/18/2015

Erin
Thank you for your feed back! I apologize for not explaining very well what we found. The state of Missouri's guidlines say we are not to pass any seat belt that is frayed because there is a chance of it breaking in an accident. Again I am sorry for the confusion. If you have any more questions feel free to contact us at 573-449-7941 or by e-mail(privittauto@centurytel.net)

Kittisak S.
01/23/2014 Category: Service
Kittisak said communication was an issue. He said he thought perhaps he was not able to explain things well.

GM
Gloria M.
GMC Pickup
07/27/2013 Category: Service
Gloria said she plans to call the business soon because one of the things they fixed on her vehicle is giving her trouble again. Her left rear light is not working when she brakes or signals.

Joshua H.
06/27/2013 Category: Service
Joshua said he had a progressive snap shot device in his vehicle that was supposed to be removed before the service was done and they did not remove it. He said because they did not remove the device first, he incurred some charges to his insurance and he had to call and negotiate with his insurance company to have the charges removed.

Robin H.
Nissan Maxima
11/06/2020 Category: Service
Robin said of course it was a quick turn around difficult to speak with the people, customer relations need improvement but super quick the service was good
Doug Privitt & C. from Privitt Auto Service responded on 11/09/2020

I am sorry we didn't comunicate very well with you! We will work to correct that. Thanks for your business!

CP
Cameron P.
Chevrolet Avalanche
11/15/2019 Category: Service
Cameron said that they fixed his broken brake line. But when he picked up his vehicle the battery was dead. He has to buy another one.
Doug Privitt & C. from Privitt Auto Service responded on 11/18/2019

Cameron. Sorry you have to buy a battery after having to repair a brake line! You can't always tell when the battery is going to go bad. Thanks forthe business!!