GS
Santa Ana, CA
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
05/18/2019
Charged over 500 dollars to fix brake lights
First time they said brake lights were fixed they weren't... Glad i stopped and checked them. Problem was in wiring harness in trunk which they didnt originally check

TZ
Tahira Z.
04/30/2019
If you are looking for a fair price, do not come here!
I truly feel that I was overcharged for a basic job. Several Friends with auto mechanic experience agreed with me. Don’t be fooled just because they are triple AAA approved! I am not convinced all the work was even done because they failed to bring me all of the replaced parts at my request. I wish I would have taken my car elsewhere. I am very unsatisfied!
David H. from Purrfect Auto responded on 05/02/2019

Hi Tahira, I'm sorry to hear you did not have a good experience at our shop. My name is David and you are welcome to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss what exactly left you unsatisfied. I did review the invoice and ran the work performed through RepairPal which is a leading 3rd party auto repair estimator. Their range for the work we performed was $855-$1,115. You ended up being on the very low end of that estimate PLUS we provided a 2yr/24,000 mile warranty on both the parts and labor. We've been here for over 20 years and we're the largest shop in the area because customer satisfaction and great pricing are our priorities so I'd love the chance to chat with you and make you happy with the situation.

MANOJ M.
09/29/2018
I'm disappointed with your service
Hi, since you guys asked me (sent me email) to provide review I am giving now. I'm not at all happy with the service I received from you last time. I gave my car to fix 'abs light + brake light' on. I was charged around $1200 but the problem was not fixed. Initially I was told that the problem was battery and front axle problem and both were replaced. Without checking properly I was told that problem was fixed charged around $600. When I was told to pick up my car, I started my car. The problem was still there and gave you again for fix. And after few days I was told that the root cause was some dashboard computer problem and that needs to be replaced. I agreed for that as well and paid another $600. But still the problem was fixed. And when I brought the car to you again, you were suspecting something else in the car. Means proper diagnosis wasn't done. But still I was charged $1200. I'm totally disappointed with it and will never bring my car to you again.

Santina B.
08/26/2018
If I could give less than a star I would.
Took my Versa Note in to have the back left brake light bulb replaced. I brought the bulbs myself. Saw them pull the car in at 11:00am. At 11:35 I started to wonder what was taking so long. All this consisted of was 5-10 min's of labor here. Went out to.my car and noticed the engine hood was up. Why? I asked the mechanic why he's in the engine. He.looked at me like a deer in headlights. Then he looked at the idiot who works in the office. The idiot who works in the office told me he told the mechanic to "check things." Nice cover up. They "very quickly shut" the engine hood & went to replace the light bulb. Took all of 10 min's. I watched. In fact next time I'll do it myself. By 11:45am the light was in. Now, the car sat for 35 min's after they pulled it into the garage looking under the hood for nothing. I didn't tell them to pop the hood at all. But it was nice of them to charge me for an hour of labor for 10 min's actual work. Couldn't have charged for 30 min's? Really? Did I get ripped off? YOU BET! Just because they say AAA approved. That means nothing. They see a women alone and dollar signs appear in their eyes. Almost $40.00 to replace a light bulb at 10 min's of labor. All the while you kept me there for an hour to justify the amount for nothing. Do you think l'll be back? When pigs fly...

Joe A.
Buick LaCrosse
08/26/2018
Something went wrong last visit
Normally I am very pleased with PA repairs, but this time I can't say the same.

I had my AC checked for cooling problem but the work was incomplete. AC was recharged and billed for $121.26, and I was instructed to return in few days to check for leaks. This after dropping off the car at 8AM, and picking up after 2PM. I will have to rethink whether to continue using PA for repairs.

Joseph

Devonte C.
Chevrolet Cobalt
02/15/2018
Not purrfect :(
Told me to take my car to dealership to fix water pump..dealership diagnosed it and said it isnt even the waterpump its the head gasket. False information from purrfect :/. Ended up having to pay way more money than intended.

Meghan L.
Jeep Liberty
01/06/2018
Long wait, exaggerated car problems fixed expertly elsewhere
Wait was absurdly long, $120 charge just to look at car and not fix anything, exaggerated problems and costs to repair. Ended up driving it far distance to see an old trusted mechanic who took care of it at a fraction of the projected cost with no charge for evaluating and superior service on many levels. This place seems overpriced, possibly not as qualified for services beyond basic since diagnosed problems were different, and generally sketchy experience because of huge cost disparity.

HS
Harun S.
10/01/2017
Purrfect auto-anything but perfect
I recently went to purrfect auto as the engine was making some noise. The guy told me it would take them 30 minutes, and they would have an answer. At the same time, he made me sign a $75 service agreement. I assumed it was something that would be paid once the issue was found and fixed. Sort of a retainer type of thing. After 1.5 hours of wait, I asked him if they know the problem yet. He said no not yet, he said they are trying to duplicate the sound heard, etc(bear in mind I have a recording of the sound and played to 2 people) I guess they didn't care about the recording. After 1.5 hours wait, the guy said we don't know what's wrong and I would need to bring it when the engine makes the sound again. I said ok. As I'm about to leave, the guy turns to his co-worker and says what do you think, the other guy says, $35. I say, are you joking?? He says no we have to pay for the mechanics time. I say who isnpayingfor my time. I say this is the first time in my life I got charged for checking a vehicle and not finding anything. As far as the mechanic, that is the definition of cost of doing business. I will never ever go here again!!!!

GA
GINA A.
08/11/2017
Too busy for good service
Too busy for good service previous owners made sure things were done right
David H. from Purrfect Auto responded on 08/12/2017

Hi Gina,

I'm sorry that the service wasn't up to your expectations. I spoke to our service writer and we've added notes to your file so next time you're in for service there should be no repeat of the issue with the TPMS.

I'm not sure where your comments regarding previous ownership are coming from because I checked your service history and it started in 2009 which is after I became the owner of the shop so it's been the same ownership during your entire time with us.

I constantly work with the service writers to try and make sure every customer gets great service and I'm sorry that we let you down; hopefully we can exceed your expectations the next time you need service.

TRISH B.
Ford Expedition
07/04/2017
Totally disappointed
When I got to my appointment I was advised that everything I needed couldn't be done. As such, I chose to have no work done. I had scheduled the service for 7/3 because I had the day off. Your shop is open the same hours that I work, which is a problem. After having you service my car for over 6 years, I have decided to have another shop do my work, even though it is not conveniently located.
David H. from Purrfect Auto responded on 07/05/2017

Hi Trish,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. When you scheduled your appointment we were expecting a full staff on Monday, unfortunately, we had 2 people call out because of the holiday weekend one of whom does a good chunk of the diagnostic work.

I would hope that after 6 years of providing you with excellent service that you could overlook this singular event and give us another opportunity. If you'd like to bring the car in at your convenience on a Saturday I will make sure you get priority service and I'll do the diagnostic work at no charge to you. We also have Lyft & rental car services available if need be if you would like to handle this during a weekday.

We value our customers and do not want to lose you over an unfortunate situation like this that was outside of anyone's control.

MIKE C.
Costa Mesa, CA
05/26/2017
Will not return/lying front man bad for business
We should all refuse to have any dealings with those who do not prioritize their integrity.

It is the responsibility of those who are victimized to hold the violator responsible.

This is how we protect one another and take back our power.
David H. from Purrfect Auto responded on 06/03/2017

Hi Mike,
I'm sincerely sorry that you believe that our service writer acted without integrity. After reviewing the situation at length and having a conversation with you it appears that our service writer delayed because there was an inconsistency between the service you originally requested and what the manufacturer recommends for your car.
Both the service writer and I apologized that you did not receive the voice mail requesting clarification and I even offered you a complimentary oil change for the inconvenience.
I am sorry that we were not able to satisfy your auto repair needs and you feel that we did not have your best interests at heart.

KF
Keri F.
02/08/2017
Service recommended & performed had no effect on the problem I noted
I took my car in to have it smogged & for a vibration/low rumbling sound to be fixed. The smog part was fine-passed on first try, received my certificate at test time & had no issue with it when buying my tabs. The salesperson was very cordial, & stated I needed new struts after a technician drove the car around. I had never changed them in 87K miles so I don't doubt they needed changing. My complaint is I spent over $800 for a solution to the wrong problem. The service did not fix or decrease the vibration & low rumbling the car makes when idling. I am quite upset I charged that kind of money to fix something that was urgent.
David H. from Purrfect Auto responded on 02/09/2017

Hi Keri,

I'm sorry that the problem wasn't fixed. When you get a moment please bring the vehicle by and I will have a technician continue to checking to determine the on-going problem. Unfortunately there are times when the obvious problem(failing struts) can mask a secondary issue.
I apologize that the problem wasn't fixed right the first time, but we'll stay on this for you until the issue is resolved.

GM
GLENN M.
12/10/2016
Poor Service
This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a service garage. It looks like I don't have the option to give 0 out of 5 stars so I have to give one but I really think the service is 0 out of 5. I dropped my car off at 11am the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I mentioned that the check engine light remained on and I could not get a smog check until that problem was fixed. They call me later that day and ask if I’d be willing to leave it over night for further diagnostics. I call Wednesday afternoon and nobody picks up the phone or returns my message. This causes me to cancel my Thanksgiving as I have no car and cannot travel down to see my family in San Diego.
They call me on Friday the day after Thanksgiving and tell me they need to order an $1100 PCM which is the reason why my check engine light remains on. They say that the part has to be ordered and I have to leave my car with them from Friday until possibly into the middle of the next week. I brought in a car that drove perfectly well and now they’re telling me I won’t have a car for four or five days. I told them that that was not acceptable and they put my old PCM back in the car so I could drive home and come back when the PCM was delivered.
When the part did arrive after I prepaid about $1100 I scheduled to have my car brought in the following day when the programmer for the PCM would be available. I get a call later that day saying my car won’t be ready because the programmer has an emergency and couldn’t perform the work.
The next day I receive a call saying my car is fixed and I can pick it up. Then I get a call shortly after with them telling me that my car was taken for a test drive and the check engine light was still coming on. That’s when they told me that they needed the car longer and would pay for a rental car from Enterprise. One week later they tell me they took the car to the Toyota dealership and that perhaps another $5000 would have to be paid to fix some electrical wiring in my car. I said I need my car back and drove off with a car that they couldn’t fix after I had already spent $1100.
What really bothered me was the lack of communication and follow through.

JN
John N.
Honda S2000
11/17/2016
Not so great
I went to this location because I have been to other Purrfect Auto locations before with satisfaction. However, I came to this one to get a smog check and right off the bat, they informed me that they couldn't do it because I didn't have the carb# decal/sticker for my Comptech Supercharger which is carb legal in CA. So I get it, they didn't want to risk their license or business for that matter. But they could have checked the information on the Air Research Board where they would find the information needed to input into their system. They were just too lazy to do it and insisted that I get the sticker. They charged me just for looking under the hood for less than 5 minutes and told me to come back when I got the sticker. I went home and called the manufacturer, CT-Engineering in Norco, CA, and spoke to the owner, Nate Heinz, who told me that he would send it right away. I got in the male a few days later and it was a simple sticker that I placed on my supercharger unit. I brought the car back and again, they said they couldn't do it because the sticker was not enough. They asked me where I got the sticker from and I told them the manufacturer and they could call them if needed. I also brought the executive order for the unit and they didn't even bother looking at it because they said that the sticker was not matching. After about 10 minutes or so, Dave the front desk guy came back and said that he would also have to check my header which is also carb legal with the decal welded on there and I asked why. He said that it had to be checked to make sure O2 sensor was installed correctly. Well if it wasn't installed correctly then it would throw a check engine light and there were none. He then said he would have to put it up on the rack for inspection and he would then have to charge me labor time and wait about 3 hours. Bullshit! They just didn't want to do it and lacked the experience/knowledge to do so. I left angry and frustrated. On the way out, I saw another smog station next door and decided to go to them. They performed the diagnostics with no trouble and the carb numbers matched just fine. They performed it in less than 15 minutes with no hassle. I even got a free car wash. This location did not meet my expectations and did not perform up to par as other locations.

DAVID W.
Buena Park, CA
Toyota Camry Solara
09/07/2016
Shady mechanics
The fixed a part on my car and didn't tell me I needed to fix other issues. You lost my business. After 13 years as a client I will no longer use you for another repair, not even an oil change.
David H. from Purrfect Auto responded on 09/08/2016

Hi David,

I apologize if you do not think we clearly communicated the needs of your vehicle to you. We have notes in our system regarding several recommended repair items so I'm not sure what you are referencing that we missed. We try very hard not to recommend services that we don't think you need. We always try to act with integrity and I apologize if that makes you think we missed something. The nature of preventative maintenance makes it subjective in nature, what one technician thinks is a part ready to go, another may think has plenty of life left; however our technicians have years of experience and while nobody is perfect they have done a good job over the years hence the reason you have been a 13 year customer.
It distresses me that a single miscommunication would cause you to re-think a long-term relationship. Please contact me at the shop to discuss the matter further so we can allay any concerns you have.