11/11/2019
Disappointed
I had not used Purrfect Auto for several years, but decided to have them service my 2014 Lexus RX 350. Although I made an appointment and was there on time, I waited over one hour for the service to my car to begin, which took another 45 minutes. Then on the way home, I noticed that one of the displays on my dash was no longer lit. When I called to see if something could have been done during the service could have caused this, I was told to come back and they could disconnect the battery and see if that fixed it. Instead, I asked my son-in-law if he knew what might be wrong, so he came over and fixed it within one minute without a battery disconnect. I was very disappointed in my experience and am not sure I will be going back.

JERALD D.
Tustin, CA
10/15/2018
Long wait for walkin
My car began shaking over 55 on the freeway, so I brought my car in as a walkin, asking if they would have time to look at it. They said yes, if I could wait. I unfortunately did not ask how long the wait would be. It was over three hours. The estimate to fix was more than the (16 year old) car was worth, so I elected not to leave it to be fixed.

JOHNNY L.
Volvo S80
06/17/2018
Check Engine Light
I typically give this place at least 4 to 5 stars but, I must say that I was not 100% satisfied with my experience this time. One issue was that I felt that I was receiving a sales pitch for additional services and maintenance. The reason I felt this was because, after sitting in the waiting area for 4 hours, I heard similar pitches to other customers. So, because of this, going forward, I am going to be much more skeptical of suggested services. On previous experiences, I never felt this and completely trusted everything they told me about my car and what needed to be done. My check engine light continues to go on after going through the diagnostic and replacing the battery so, the issue was not determined or repaired. Regarding the battery, I got the battery about 1 year ago from them and it has a 2 year warranty. However, they no longer carry the battery so, they told me to go next door to get a replacement. If I had wanted to go next door, I would have done that instead of going to Purrfect Auto. However, I will say that they were kind enough to go next door to see if the battery was in stock which it was. So, they said that they would get the battery and replace it for me so that I wouldn't have to go next door. I appreciated that but, I am still a bit disappointed that I would be sent somewhere else to get warranty coverage on something that I purchased there. I understand that they no longer sell the item but, I was certainly disappointed and upset when he initially told me this because I had been waiting for about 3 hours by that time.

CK
Charlene K.
07/11/2017 Category: Service
Charlene said everything went fine. They were friendly and helpful. She would used them again. The vehicle was fixed. She took it in on Friday and no one followed up with her so she had to call them.

CN
CUONG N.
06/08/2017
CRV: revision B, noise when start
not happy with the noise. no change after reparation. solution seem inappropriate : add Lucas stabilizer has no effect to the noise from timing belt (?).
paid 47.60$ for checking+21.98$ for stabilizer for nothing.
David H. from Purrfect Auto responded on 06/15/2017

Hi Cuong,
I'm sorry that you feel that the service was for naught. Your vehicle has very low miles to be having problems with the timing chain already. That is an expensive repair and our goal with the Lucas was to see if it would calm down the noise. It's better to try a $70 fix before spending $1,500+. I completely understand how you feel since the Lucas didn't make a difference; however I think it was worth trying based on the expenses associated with timing chain work.

WR
WILLIAM R.
Tustin, CA
Volkswagen Passat
04/06/2017
Honesty is the best policy...
I was away from Perrfect Auto for several years since selling an older car and doing most of my own service on a newer one. They had been very good in the past. My newer vehicle now had 70K miles and needed repair. I returned to Purrfect Auto expecting them to be just as good as they had been in the past. I have since taken the car to them twice. Once for a bad PCV valve, and more recently a faulty water pump. In the case of the PCV valve, the mechanic diagnosed the problem in less than 5 minutes. The repair was done correctly. Only problem was Purrfect charged me for an hour for diagnosis. I did not notice this until I got home and reviewed the bill...

A few months later (recently) the water pump cracked and leaked. I took the car back to Purrfect. I let them know that I was not happy about being charged too much for the last diagnosis. They repaired the water pump for a fair price which included a AAA discount and deducting an hour charge from my bill. Initially I was very happy. Unfortunately, when I inspected the vehicle I found that they had not used the correct antifreeze (VW requires phosphate free/clear pink). Also it was below the full mark. They brought the car back in the shop and replaced the antifreeze with the correct type. Good again... Unfortunately, when I got home, I found a screw left on top of the firewall. I took the car back the next day and the mechanic installed the screw where it should have gone. The moral to this story is that Purrfect Auto is probably still a good shop, but needs to instill attention to detail in their mechanics. Also, they need to be careful to not over charge time for diagnosis.

PR
Patricia R.
Mercedes-Benz C220
02/14/2017 Category: Service
Patricia said she had to come back to this business 3 times to have her vehicle serviced but now her vehicle is running fine.

GN
Gullalie N.
Honda Accord
01/23/2017 Category: Service
Gullalie said the customer service is good and she likes that they are located near her.

NN
Nikay N.
Mercedes-Benz C280
12/02/2016 Category: Service
Nikay said this business was average.

Denis G.
12/01/2016
No Smog Testing Due to Equipment Down Time.
Unfortunately, Trent & his service guys could not smog check my Truck due to their equipment failures. Trent & I tried to await for the Smog equipment to be re-started but after a week, we called it quits. Trent was sorry we couldn't have the truck serviced after it had failed the previous test and his techs needed to reevaluate the trucks smog system before any needed repairs could be made Trent was upfront about the situation and hopefully, we'll get together in the future..

GO
Guy O.
11/07/2016
It's okay
They do quality work, but it was a bit pricey. A simple battery cost me almost $200.
David H. from Purrfect Auto responded on 11/09/2016

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your feedback. You're right our batteries aren't cheap. The reason is because we stock high quality Interstate Batteries. They come with a nationwide warranty and are highly reliable. On many of our other repairs we can offer several options according to budget but our experience has taught us when it comes to batteries that the inexpensive route usually leads to headaches so we decided that we only want to carry a premium battery product.

KAREN B.
08/14/2016
2003 white Honda Civic 4 door sedan
Not as happy as in the past. We had to bring the car back twice to fix issues.

AW
Abdul W.
08/06/2016 Category: Service
Abdul said everything is perfectly fine and it went well. David helped a lot and he was very much satisfied.

RJ
RONALD J.
Jeep CJ7
05/31/2016
Top notch service
The service here (costumer and mechanical) is among the best I've experienced in a long time (anywhere). I was updated throughout the time my car was in the shop so there was no surprises. The only reason I didn't give five stars is because sometime during the process my right finder flare was broken. Overall good service.

MIKE/PAIGE W.
05/11/2016
I have brought 3 cars in for years. Customer service is not like it used to be . Tool is the best .
It seems things have changed in management. The front desk is not the same and communication is different. I' m not sure also if pricing is the same.
David H. from Purrfect Auto responded on 05/12/2016

Hi Mike,
I'm sorry to see you weren't 100% satisfied with your experience. Through the power of teamwork, we were able to get your repairs done faster and your car back to you quicker than promised. We have used the same pricing matrix for several years now so all customers are treated fairly and get quality repair work with an excellent 24 month/24,000 mile warranty for a reasonable price. Do you mind if I contact you to discuss this further as I know Andrew kept you apprised of the status on the part which had to come from Los Angeles so I'm not sure where we dropped the ball on communicating with you. We appreciate your business and want to do everything in our power to make you happy with your visit.