Redhawk Auto Service

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
JAMES W. on 01/31/2016
"Ford F-150 brake job "
Brakes feel good but too expensive. $138.00 for a rotor and it wasn't even OEM. $158.00 for pads. I felt gouged.
Vehicle: Ford F-150
Service Date: 01/30/2016
Review Created: 01/31/2016 09:33 PM
Cade A. on 07/21/2015
Cade said he took his vehicle in because his brakes were squealing. When the business performed the inspection they communicated the air filter was dirty and needed replacing. When he got his vehicle back the brakes were still squealing. He checked underneath the hood and the lid to the air filter box was sitting on top of the engine and the air filter was crutched up inside the complement box. They forgot to put the screws back in the air filter compartment box. He is taking his vehicle back because he paid $680 and he wants everything done right. At this time, he wouldn't recommend the business because of what has already been shared. If future services are better he probably would start recommending them.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Category: Service
Service Date: 07/13/2015
Review Created: 07/21/2015
Hun Joon K. on 05/14/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Unimpressed first time visit"
I went in for an oil change and check a possible leak on one of the tire. They said they found a small leak and patched it up. Manuel was very kind and walk through what I should check in next visit. Unfortunately someone who checked on the tire was careless. He put in 58 psi which is almost twice of the recommended tire pressure which is 24 psi. In the receipt, it stated that the tire pressure is checked and they put in recommended 24 psi. If my car wasn't equipped with the tire pressure sensor, I would have driving my car believing that my tire had right amount of pressure. Also, 3 of 4 tires' air caps were missing. So I went back to the shop to deflate the tire and get the missing caps. Interestingly, the tire pressure guage at the shop was not working, so he ended up deflating the tire while checking with my car tire pressure sensor. I didn't receive any apology from its staff. It was my first time visit and I am not sure I will go back.
Service Date: 05/14/2015
Review Created: 05/14/2015 01:32 PM
Tom & Donna G. at Redhawk Auto Service responded on 05/14/2015

Hello Mr. Kim,
                       I'm sorry to hear about your experience this morning in our shop. The tire pressure should have been set correctly and the caps taken care of as well. We will follow up with the technician that performed the tire repair on your vehicle and we will be inspecting the tire pressure gauge also. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention as this will only make our team better. Again, I apologize for this incident and I look forward to speaking with you directly.

Sincerely,

Nick Rivera
Manager
MANPREET M. on 10/07/2014
"Waste of my time."
Came in for a SMOG test. Was told it would be about an hour, as there was a car being Smogged at the moment. Agreed. Waited for 55 minutes, and my car has still not been moved from the parking space. Some excuse about machine not working. Decided to take my key and leave. Suggest you make sure your equipment is in working order and give accurate time estimates before offering to provide a service. Wasted a precious hour for nothing. Will not be returning.
Vehicle: Porsche Boxster
Service Date: 10/05/2014
Review Created: 10/07/2014 07:33 PM
PAUL H. on 07/09/2014
"Expensive "
Everyone was great but I feel I was way overcharged. Had a rodent stuck in my fan housing. Yuck. Took 10 minutes to retrieve and put back together and was charged $115.00. No parts only 10 minutes of labor for $115.00. Ouch ! Mike in the shop was great.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 07/08/2014
Review Created: 07/09/2014 08:59 AM
LINDA R. on 06/17/2014
"Not able to complete the work"
I took my car in to have the brakes replaced and had to leave it over night. When picking it up late the next day, they told me they could not reset the warning light for the brakes. They wanted me to bring it back the next day. Not able, have to work. I scheduled to come in the following Sunday when the tech that is able to reset the light would be working. I went back and when I got there the man in the office new nothing about the appointment and the tech who was to be working that could do the work was not working that day. The tech that replaced the breaks was there and tried again to reset, but still did not know what he was doing. Now, I have to make another appointment to take my car back in and hope the right tech is working and really knows how to reset the brakes light. I just hope me brakes have been properly replaced.
Vehicle: Land Rover LR4
Service Date: 06/08/2014
Review Created: 06/17/2014 12:05 AM
Jane B. on 09/26/2012
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Did $400 worth of work that I asked them not to do"
My brakes were squealing, so I dropped it off with Redhawk Auto. They called about an hour later and said that the brakes were fine, but that the van had an oil leak. I was given two options for repair and I clearly stated on the phone which option I wanted them to do. A few hours later, the car was ready, and they had performed both options on the car, resulting in a bill of nearly $600 instead of $200. Needless to say, I was not happy. They mechanic did not seem concerned in the slightest that they had done the work without my authorization. They get two stars because the work they did was fine, but wow - I feel like I was taken for a ride at this place.
Review Created: 09/26/2012 09:18 AM
Mary L. on 05/22/2012
Mary said that since her tires were rotated she had been hearing a strange noise coming from her tires. She ended up taking the vehicle somewhere else.
Category: Service
Service Date: 05/19/2012
Review Created: 05/22/2012
FOREST D. on 02/11/2012
"Strange noise"
Took my Explorer in to diagnose a mysterious noise that no one has been able to figure out. Left it with them and did some errands until the time promised. No call. 1 hour after that time I called them and was promised a call in a half hour. 50 minutes later I called and asked why I hadn't at least received that call. "We didn't have anything to tell you. We need some more time" Okayyyyy.... Waiting some more. Called again. Need some more time. Finally they called to say they were done. Waited 20 minutes for him to finish talking with his techs about someone else's car. Finally came and gave a vague diagnoses that it was a bearing in the transmission because the noise quit when you dis-engaged the tranny while rolling. That's all. Did the same thing on my own later on, but the noise never stopped. I understand they checked numerous components and puzzled over my car to get a diagnoses. But I basically came away with nothing. $49 and several hours wasted from my point of view. I was ready to have them do the work but they couldn't diagnose it, didn't want to try any harder, they were busy enough with out my job, "see ya".
Maybe they do really good honest work, but I left frustrated. Might recommend, might not.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer