Overall Rating 4.314284/5Overall Rating 4.314284/5Overall Rating 4.314284/5Overall Rating 4.314284/5rating 4.314284
Overall Rating 2.3428577/5Overall Rating 2.3428577/5rating 2.3428577rating 2.3428577rating 2.3428577

LD
Linda D.
Topsham, ME
2014 Hyundai Elantra
05/09/2019 Category: Service
Not so great
Not happy with my service at this dealership. I have issues with a wheel bearing and I keep getting told it's my tires by the dealership. Yet when others who are knowledgeable about auto issues check my car I'm told I have a wheel bearing that is going bad. I will stay away since they don't seem to know what they are doing.

AD
Andrew D.
Auburn, ME
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
03/31/2019 Category: Service
They only have one Hyundai writer on a Friday. They just replaced bank one sensor two in January and it failed. They supposedly fixed the issue but did not. I dropped the car off on Wednesday and wasn’t ready to pick up till Friday at 5:00. They never called and gave updates. I had to call them to be told it won’t be ready. I have now fixed the issue at another dealership because I feel like I can not trust the work at Rowe

New Gloucester, ME
2014 Hyundai Tucson
11/22/2018 Category: Service
Customer value lacking
As a loyal customer who has purchased three vehicles from here over the past five years I can say I will be taking my business elsewhere. The service side of this busuiness needs improvement on customer appreciation. They don’t care about return customers and won’t value your business any differently. If you don’t care about your time, and want to experience long waits and question if the work they do is necessary or not, then this is the place for you.
JENNIFER T. from Rowe Hyundai responded on 11/29/2018

I apologize abut your recent experience at our service department. Please call me so we may speak about it furthur.
Thank you for your business.
Jen Robinson
207-784-2321 ext 3103

Rebecca B.
New Sharon, ME
11/21/2018
Bad Service Install Causes Additional Vehicle Damage!
I would NOT recommend Rowe Ford of Auburn Maine repair service department! I now have a vehicle I purchased from them serviced elsewhere. Prior to buying my Hyundai Sante Fe I requested to have fog lights installed on the vehicle. Problems from the start, but it got done. Someone however didn't fasten the clips properly on parts to the undercover carriage causing it to rip apart during driving on the highway. Another dealer found the clips not properly installed! I called and brought it in for them to look at, but they refused to take responsibility for the damages in excess of $950.00. They also then informed us the work was sent to an outside source to install the fog lights. They didnt even do the work and it wasnt their problem yet I received only charges from them for the install. A Certified Hyundia Repair shop sent work out for fog lights?!?! I will never do business with them again. Terrible customer service and they take no responsibility for damages after you just purschased a $20,000 plus vehicle from them and paid extra for the fog lights!!

LD
Linda D.
Lisbon, ME
2012 Hyundai Tucson
03/28/2018 Category: Service
Was pleased that Jen got right back to me
After talking to Jen I feel much better. I will have my car serviced on the service side from now on.

03/28/2018 Category: Service
Fell like I was not dealt with honestly
Have always been pleased but not this time for sure
JENNIFER T. from Rowe Hyundai responded on 03/30/2018

Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning. I appreciate your feedback. I look forward to working with you on your next visit.

Jen Robinson

HT
Hector T.
Phillips, ME
2012 Hyundai Accent
11/09/2016 Category: Service
MAINTENCE DEPARTMENT IS NOT VERY KNOWLEDGABLE
Maintenance department didn't know how the mileage reimbursement program worked for Hyundai vehicles.
steve c. from Rowe Hyundai responded on 11/09/2016

Hello ,
    I am glad we were able to work things out and process a reimbursement for you.

Lewiston, ME
2010 Hyundai Elantra
09/16/2016 Category: Service
Waste of time
Longer than quoted wait, and no diagnosis received. Waste of time and money.
steve c. from Rowe Hyundai responded on 09/17/2016

We agree the time frame we had you here waiting was too long and for that I would like to issue a credit for the diagnositc charge you paid for. Please contact the service manager at scrossman@roweauburn.com or call 207-784-2321 and we will issue a credit for the amount you spent during your last visit for the diagnostic charge. I did see notes about the problem and the tech did note what the problem was and what it would take to fix the issue. The problem was with the door lock actuator that needs to be replaced. Let us know if you would like the credit for the diagnostic credited towards the repair or towards another service. We do apologize for keeping you here that long.
Rowe Auburn

Auburn, ME
2011 Hyundai Elantra
07/31/2016 Category: Service
Incredibly poor customer service; only interested in money
I purchased my vehicle at a different large dealer but came to Rowe to have a recall fixed because only a Hyundai dealership could complete the fix. As soon as I walked into the service department, before anyone even saw or touched my car, and without asking me where I have my car serviced and what has been done, the woman at the service desk told me that I needed to have a "transmission fluid flush, a brake fluid flush," and three other services to the tune of over $500. When I denied having these services done, the woman became openly upset and again tried to tell me these "services," telling me that I was denying them to the detriment of my vehicle.

Later in the week I was talking with a friend about my poor experience at Rowe when he recounted a very similar experience where he was there for a recall fix when, once again, the woman at the service department told him that he required the exact same services although they hadn't even looked at his car yet.

On another occasion, I was having a minor issue with my radio and called Rowe to see if they had any ideas about how to fix it. They stated that I would need to bring it in and have it looked at for an initial fee of $99, and any fixes would cost extra. I declined and called Lee where I purchased my vehicle. The service manager at Lee suggested I press the reset button and see if that helped. He stayed on the phone while I tried it, and it worked. I thanked him for his assistance and he said it was his pleasure to help me out.

It is for these reasons that so many people refuse to purchase or have services completed at Rowe.
steve c. from Rowe Hyundai responded on 08/01/2016

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your last visit.  We should have assisted better with the radio question. I will forward this information to the appointment coordinators and make sure this is handled correctly in the future. The recommendations are based on mileage intervals from the manufacturer to maintain your vehicle. The advisor should not have made that an uncomfortable situation and if that is the case please accept my apologies. I would like to set aside a credit for you here at Rowe Hyundai for up to one hundred dollars as a goodwill gesture to use for any service we provide, including maintenance, oil changes, tires or a detailing. We are interested in hearing from you to send you the credit and possibly an appointment at your convenience.

VJ
Vijay J.
Arlington, TX
06/03/2016
Rude !!
My Experience:
I am new to Maine and had a look into one of the car in Rowe Auburn Hyundai. I had a talk with the sales representative regarding my current situation (everything was verbal).
Thank you for making me believe that I bought a Car and finally selling it to some other customer (own employee) within a week's time without even letting me know.
That was a nice sales strategy and thank you for wasting my time. Thank you for your rude reply too.

Issues-
1) Giving a rude reply even after knowing by myself that the car was sold.
2) And for your thinking and telling me" You were not sure that you want to buy the car" - If this was the case, I would not filled any application and would have told that I will get back to you later.

I am not worried that the car is gone but try to know how to deal and reply a customer. Great SALES. Good Job!
steve c. from Rowe Hyundai responded on 06/06/2016

Hello, Thank you for stopping by and thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. We are sorry to hear your experience did not go as well as it could have.  There were circumstances preventing us from selling you the vehicle at that time which were beyond anyone’s control. The banks require a permanent address in order to finance any vehicle and that was an issue we were unable to overcome.

ZP
Zachary P.
Lewiston, ME
06/03/2016 Category: Service
Would never recommend anyone to a dealership who specialize on those cars only to break it and say it wasn't their fault but mine. Even though it has never happened to my car before I brought it to them to fix some minor issues and returned with issues that has never occurred before hand. Also hate the blame game on customers.
steve c. from Rowe Hyundai responded on 06/06/2016

Sorry to hear you are having issues with Your vehicle after having it serviced. I left you a message earlier today and would like to speak with you about the issue and howe can get it resolved. You can call us at 784-2321 and ask for the Service Manager.

Kristi S.
Bryant Pond, ME
2007 Hyundai Sonata
05/26/2016 Category: Service
Not happy
I have actually contacted Hyundai directly regarding my visit. I was told that with only a little over 76,000 miles on my 2007 Hyundai that I need a new motor. I am only the 2nd owner of this vehicle and purchased it for that reason along with the fact that Hyundai has such high ratings on their warranty of 10yrs 100,000 miles that we thought we had made a good choice...I feel that this issue should be taken care of, the car has under 100,000 miles and is not 10 years old yet. Hyundai directly stated that in reviewing the info on this vehicle that they did not know why the motor was not taken care of and they were contacting Rowe on Monday 5/23/2016 advising us they would give you 3-5 business days to respond. I am not sure where it is at at this point as it's only 5/26/16 so I am still waiting to hear back from Hyundai. Also, I've had all of my oil changes and inspections done with Rowe Hyundai except for this last one that I had done this year, 2016. At this moment even though I've answered the following questions as Yes I'd come back for routine maintenance and yes I'd recommend a friend I am not sure I would...when we were told about the motor issue and we mentioned the 10yr/ 100,000 mile thing the comment back to us was, "well it is a 2007"....does not matter, under 10yrs old under the 100,000 miles.
steve c. from Rowe Hyundai responded on 05/27/2016

Hi Kristi,
   Hyundai has been in contact with us on this issue. We will be speaking more about this on Tuesday when we have more information. I am sorry your having trouble with your vehicle.

MK
MARIANNE K.
Lisbon, ME
01/14/2016 Category: Service
Told them there was a problem. They said they fixed it. All they did was clear the code. As soon as I left the lot the check engine light came on again.
When a customer says there is a problem, don't just assume what it is and assume it is fixed. If you had drove the car more than a hundred feet you would have known the issue was not fixed.
JOHN L R., Service Manager from Rowe Hyundai responded on 02/19/2016

Thank you for the new 4 star review you gave us for the followup visit Marianne. I really appreciate it. If you have any more issues please feel free to contact me.

Rob Robertson
207-784-2321
207-784-1264 fax
johnr@roweauburn.com

ROBERT G.
Leeds, ME
2005 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
11/16/2012 Category: Service
Service rep I dealt with doesn't know what he's doing
I was informed by the service rep after 2 hours and 45 minutes that a specific problem was not covered under the vehicle warranty. I declined to have the work performed until I could investigate the matter further.
I have determined from examination of my extended warranty contract that the part needing replacement ( oil pan) is specifically stated as being covered for 10 years or 100,000 miles, contrary to what the rep stated.
I will be visiting the service department, warranty in hand, to get this matter straightened out.